Turn Signals Optional: Gberg’s M3

Strut your greasy stuff!
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

These look pretty good. I forget why did you get ramz again ? To have a "Winter" set? Is the M3 your only car you would have to take through the snow as well?
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

max225 wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 1:17 pm These look pretty good. I forget why did you get ramz again ? To have a "Winter" set? Is the M3 your only car you would have to take through the snow as well?
Hopefully it never sees snow but it's mainly for temperature reasons. It gets too cold to drive on summers year round but I don't think it gets bad enough to require dedicated winter tires. All seasons are that in between.

If I have to go anywhere in the snow I'll take the Rav4. That's still the primary hauler for most things.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

I actually prefer these :ramz: to OEM.
max225

Gberg2119 wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 2:17 pm
max225 wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 1:17 pm These look pretty good. I forget why did you get ramz again ? To have a "Winter" set? Is the M3 your only car you would have to take through the snow as well?
Hopefully it never sees snow but it's mainly for temperature reasons. It gets too cold to drive on summers year round but I don't think it gets bad enough to require dedicated winter tires. All seasons are that in between.

If I have to go anywhere in the snow I'll take the Rav4. That's still the primary hauler for most things.
Interesting. What happens when it is under 30F? I am assuming that's the cut-off. I am an OEM ramz kinda guy. But I get the issue.
Desertbreh
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 2:19 pm I actually prefer these :ramz: to OEM.
They are way better. I would put the summers on the new ramz and trash the OEMs with the flotsam and jetsam of winter.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

max225 wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 2:25 pm

Interesting. What happens when it is under 30F? I am assuming that's the cut-off. I am an OEM ramz kinda guy. But I get the issue.
I think the cutoff is around the mid 40’s for summers. The summer compound isn’t effective in the cold temps. Zero traction.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Desertbreh wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 4:37 pm
D Griff wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 2:19 pm I actually prefer these :ramz: to OEM.
They are way better. I would put the summers on the new ramz and trash the OEMs with the flotsam and jetsam of winter.
I like em both. Surprisingly 2 of the wheels didn’t take any weights for balancing. I don’t think I’ve ever seen that. Also had a choice of silver or black weights for the ramz.

Overall their mobile install was 5/7. I’ll use it for wife units rav4 when that car gets new tires.
max225

Oh what’s the mobile install ? I just got tires for the in laws and I’m heading to Americas tire for install
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

max225 wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 6:36 pm Oh what’s the mobile install ? I just got tires for the in laws and I’m heading to Americas tire for install
Tire rack came to my house to do it. They have a van with the mounting and balancing machines inside.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

Love the Apex wheels.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Agreed, for our area at least. Winter tires are complete overkill and destroy both traction and steering feel.

Nice wheels. I like them more than the stock ones.
MrH42
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: '23 Lightning + '23 BRZ

:megusta:

Wow. Those look perfect. Didn't expect it to look as good as it does.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

:lolol: The hate for the 826m's is real. I like them both a lot but if there's one bad thing about the 826m's it's that the black caliper kind of gets lost behind them. Obviously you can see the brembros clear as day with the apex ramz.

I also put the floating center caps onto the 826's.
max225

Gberg2119 wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 1:35 pm :lolol: The hate for the 826m's is real. I like them both a lot but if there's one bad thing about the 826m's it's that the black caliper kind of gets lost behind them. Obviously you can see the brembros clear as day with the apex ramz.

What's the hate? They just look like smaller 666M up front and same size out back and they used to be the "most desirable wheels"
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

Gberg2119 wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 1:15 pm Ramz installed. The extra adapter came as the dude was putting the tires on the ramz.

They're gorgeous :megusta:
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

max225 wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 6:36 pm Oh what’s the mobile install ? I just got tires for the in laws and I’m heading to Americas tire for install
It is the best. Pretty much same price as going to the tire store but they do it all while you sit on the couch in your undies or do whatever else you'd like to do at home.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Gberg2119 wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 1:35 pm :lolol: The hate for the 826m's is real. I like them both a lot but if there's one bad thing about the 826m's it's that the black caliper kind of gets lost behind them. Obviously you can see the brembros clear as day with the apex ramz.

I definitely don't hate 'em, but I like the Apex more.

FWIW I have had exclusively summers for the past 10 years or so, completely fine in 20 degree weather if you just drive normally. Definitely not great in rain/sleet/snow in the cold though.

I drove the 86 the past couple of mornings in mid twenties on the PS4S, just kind of makes it a bit more :lolol: when you goose it to slide the rear end.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

D Griff wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 9:26 am

FWIW I have had exclusively summers for the past 10 years or so, completely fine in 20 degree weather if you just drive normally. Definitely not great in rain/sleet/snow in the cold though.

I drove the 86 the past couple of mornings in mid twenties on the PS4S, just kind of makes it a bit more :lolol: when you goose it to slide the rear end.
The STI was the same way. It was fine on summers in 20 degree temps as long as you didn’t drive like an ass. Actually that car had so much grip, they were even fine in a light snow dusting.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Definitely not looking to go sideways with nearly 500hp on tap. The only time I'll turn traction control off is at autocross. :lolol:

This also brings me to one complaint. M drive professional should absolutely be standard on this car. Because I didn't get it, I don't have the 10 stage traction control and "track mode". I only have road and sport modes. Not a big deal but that's just bmw trying to squeeze another $900 out of the customer for something that should be standard.

M drivers pack is also :butwhy: .
max225

Gberg2119 wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 10:44 am

Definitely not looking to go sideways with nearly 500hp on tap. The only time I'll turn traction control off is at autocross. :lolol:

This also brings me to one complaint. M drive professional should absolutely be standard on this car. Because I didn't get it, I don't have the 10 stage traction control and "track mode". I only have road and sport modes. Not a big deal but that's just bmw trying to squeeze another $900 out of the customer for something that should be standard.

Well BMW decided a while back that going from a singular ///M car to the mess they have now …
M sport<///M base <///m competition<///M x drive <M cs
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

max225 wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 11:34 am
Gberg2119 wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 10:44 am

Well BMW decided a while back that going from a singular ///M car to the mess they have now …
M drive professional and M driver's pack aren't standard on any trim :doe:

Rumors are M base may be going away too.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Gberg2119 wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 11:47 am
max225 wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 11:34 am

What a dumb company. They are slowly steering the titanic towards the iceberg. They have so much greatness in their history and continue to slowly chip away at all of it. You were probably right on the money with your M3 purchase (last manual, last RWD, etc). I'm just glad they still offer what I see as what's truly an M3, :neat: to have one on the forum. Drive modes are a very :butwhy: thing not to include, but BMW will BMW.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 11:56 am
Gberg2119 wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 11:47 am

What a dumb company. They are slowly steering the titanic towards the iceberg. They have so much greatness in their history and continue to slowly chip away at all of it. You were probably right on the money with your M3 purchase (last manual, last RWD, etc). I'm just glad they still offer what I see as what's truly an M3, :neat: to have one on the forum. Drive modes are a very :butwhy: thing not to include, but BMW will BMW.
It's :fullretard: . I think mercedes is headed down the same path too. They're turning their interiors into cheap clubs.

At least I don't have to worry about heated seat subscriptions
max225

Gberg2119 wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 12:41 pm
D Griff wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 11:56 am

It's :fullretard: . I think mercedes is headed down the same path too. They're turning their interiors into cheap clubs.

I don’t understand how my bargain basement i4 has 4 heated seats and a heated wheel for “free”
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

max225 wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 1:27 pm
Gberg2119 wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 12:41 pm

I don’t understand how my bargain basement i4 has 4 heated seats and a heated wheel for “free”
They only stopped doing it because of the overwhelmingly negative response. No doubt they're going to try it again sometime down the line.