Do you budget with your sig other ?

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!

Do you budget? If so what is your monthly accuracy ?

Yes, we're within $50 accuracy
No votes
Yes, we're within $500
36%
Yes, we're within $1500
9%
No, that's for the poor
55%

Total votes: 11
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Desertbreh wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 9:29 am
max225 wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 9:21 pm
Yo dog, are you running a weed greenhouse ? $630 in electricity?
That is the flat monthly rate they send out....which mostly averages out. Obvi things are low now. Thing just keeps going up and up. Should have put on solar 5 years ago.
You should do it now. It’ll pay for itself in 3 years if you have a decent clear view of the sky
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

max225 wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 1:22 pm Yea we don't eat at fancy places more than 2-3 times a year... but take out is like $50-70 for 2 after tax and MANDATORY tip nowadays. So that adds up super fast.
:dat: only with occasions like anniversary. We went to a restaurant where the food ranges from $50-$300 and we damn right :scrooge: on that and the final bill was a hair over $200, that is when you add wine, oysters, etc. But that was for an occasion and I also booked a reservation for the hell's kitchen that just opened in DC last week, reservations have been popping left and right, just to find out we got one in April :lol: Valentines day on the other will be a little more upscale and kinda on the same price range level as cheesecake factory, but these 2 places (including anniversary) will probably conclude for fancy restaurants for this year. Also I never give my car a valet and parked my car 2 blocks away, carried :tits: on the way back cause she gave me a face that we walked for 2 blocks in heels, #latinalyfe.

As far as regular restaurants, brunch and so on on a more regular basis that does add up, we're both foodies and dc is dangerous for us in that regard.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 6:07 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 4:06 pm

Fun Fact: Our 1900 square foot desert shitbox costs $2500/month in taxes, insurance, HOA, utilities and maintenance services. That's w/o mortgage and w/o a single nickel in repairs. Granted I have stupid Direct TV that needs renegotiated or ditched. Pretty sorry number.
:bruh: that is wild.

We are at about the same but with a mortgage. Payment is $2200 on the 15 year including insurance/taxes, utilities around $200 if you include streaming services, but typically under. I mean the house ain't really all that but apparently we're :scrooge: ing it right. Also only owe like $250K and this piece is somehow worth a half mill.

No other expenses have come up with it other than :bs: :tits: wants, I'm sure eventually some things will break as it's 50 years old.
:tits: :troywax: on ulta and everytime we approach one, I make sure her to look the other way, otherwise she'll pause and tempted go in after I told her, you don't need it.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 10:26 am
D Griff wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 6:07 pm

:bruh: that is wild.

We are at about the same but with a mortgage. Payment is $2200 on the 15 year including insurance/taxes, utilities around $200 if you include streaming services, but typically under. I mean the house ain't really all that but apparently we're :scrooge: ing it right. Also only owe like $250K and this piece is somehow worth a half mill.

No other expenses have come up with it other than :bs: :tits: wants, I'm sure eventually some things will break as it's 50 years old.
:tits: :troywax: on ulta and everytime we approach one, I make sure her to look the other way, otherwise she'll pause and tempted go in after I told her, you don't need it.
Allison honestly isn't terrible with spending compared to many, but certainly shit like house decorations and beauty products add up. I seldom buy shit but when I do, it's more like a big ticket item, say a $3K bike. For her it's more of a slow burn of Amazon shit. I am obviously biased to my own preferences, but at least the stuff I buy I can sell when I'm done/upgrading or whatever. Much of her shit is more pump and dump after a year.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 10:30 am
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 10:26 am

Allison honestly isn't terrible with spending compared to many, but certainly shit like house decorations and beauty products add up. I seldom buy shit but when I do, it's more like a big ticket item, say a $3K bike. For her it's more of a slow burn of Amazon shit. I am obviously biased to my own preferences, but at least the stuff I buy I can sell when I'm done/upgrading or whatever. Much of her shit is more pump and dump after a year.
I do not wanna imagine what we'll get once we move in together, Annie does want a nice big couch and along with the living room aesthetics she wanted, luckily theres shit like affirm where it's easier to attain.
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

Desertbreh wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 9:32 am
SAWCE wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 12:37 am

The sad thing is, having lived the desert lyfe, his thermostat probably isn’t even set crazy low.. I’d guess mid to high 70s? But when it’s 120F during the day and 90+F at night, your AC is working double time all the time.
When we're here at night in June-August, 72-73 at night, obviously we turn it up during the day when we are gone.........but not too far or you can't make it back during the worst times. Other factor is owning a pool......even with an efficient variable flow pump I'm sure that's at least $150 a month.
Forgot about the pool pump. AC set to 72-73 at night in the desert heat is :nice: my parents were too :scrooge: for that and it was usually set at 80. But looking back I can’t blame them. Shit is expensive as you’ve noted.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 10:02 am
Desertbreh wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 9:29 am

That is the flat monthly rate they send out....which mostly averages out. Obvi things are low now. Thing just keeps going up and up. Should have put on solar 5 years ago.
You should do it now. It’ll pay for itself in 3 years if you have a decent clear view of the sky

That's all I got brother. And I hear you.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 11:02 am
Desertbreh wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 9:32 am

When we're here at night in June-August, 72-73 at night, obviously we turn it up during the day when we are gone.........but not too far or you can't make it back during the worst times. Other factor is owning a pool......even with an efficient variable flow pump I'm sure that's at least $150 a month.
Forgot about the pool pump. AC set to 72-73 at night in the desert heat is :nice: my parents were too :scrooge: for that and it was usually set at 80. But looking back I can’t blame them. Shit is expensive as you’ve noted.
My blood has become thinner and I can live with 75-76 and a sheet. But there is no planet on which I am voluntarily sleeping @ 80. I decided that when I moved here 18 years ago.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
max225

Sleeping at 80 is rough…
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 11:59 am Sleeping at 80 is rough…
Fuck that just move to Idaho.
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

Yeah 80 was brutal. Mom always ran cold even before all the cancer and chemo shit, so we all had to adjust to her temps. 80 I’d be laying there on top of the sheets buck naked and still sweating my ass off until I slipped into fever dreams :lol:
max225

SAWCE wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 12:03 pm Yeah 80 was brutal. Mom always ran cold even before all the cancer and chemo shit, so we all had to adjust to her temps. 80 I’d be laying there on top of the sheets buck naked and still sweating my ass off until I slipped into fever dreams :lol:
Currently sleeping sub 65… so summer is going to suck
Valkyrie
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: Brooks Glycerin

Sleeping is the hard part about living here. I'd prefer 65 but that would practically require building a new house with a dedicated AC system for the bedroom. We try to get by with about 75 and a ceiling fan, next step is probably a better ceiling fan and/or a less hot mattress.
golftdibrad1
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: on used bald tires

Valkyrie wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 12:16 pm Sleeping is the hard part about living here. I'd prefer 65 but that would practically require building a new house with a dedicated AC system for the bedroom. We try to get by with about 75 and a ceiling fan, next step is probably a better ceiling fan and/or a less hot mattress.
poverty window unit? we did it...
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:28 pm I'm happy for Brad because nobody jerks it to the Miata harder on this forum and that is the Crown Prince of Miatas.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Valkyrie wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:25 pm The goal is to be done with the grind and spend time on things we actually care about while we are hopefully still physically able to do so... or to pay for healthcare since we both have potentially major health issues which could at any time render us unable to work AND stuck with huge bills.
Gotta live in the moment at least somewhat. Even at 55 your mobility will be a bit more limited.
Johnny_P

golftdibrad1 wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 1:13 pm
Valkyrie wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 12:16 pm Sleeping is the hard part about living here. I'd prefer 65 but that would practically require building a new house with a dedicated AC system for the bedroom. We try to get by with about 75 and a ceiling fan, next step is probably a better ceiling fan and/or a less hot mattress.
I guess a single room mini split would work too and be quieter. No idea on cost of that.
Johnny_P

Desertbreh wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 11:45 am
SAWCE wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 11:02 am

My blood has become thinner and I can live with 75-76 and a sheet. But there is no planet on which I am voluntarily sleeping @ 80. I decided that when I moved here 18 years ago.
When I moved in with my wife she kept a spray bottle next to the bed to “cool off in case it got too hot.”
🤨
I installed a window unit the next night and said I’d happily pay the power bill.
Valkyrie
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: Brooks Glycerin

golftdibrad1 wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 1:13 pm
That might happen this summer, we did it in NY and Boston too. I might be able to get away with just reinforcing/replacing the ceiling fan :doe: since it wobbles more than I'm comfortable with when it runs on high. Balance weights on the blades didn't do anything, I'm guessing the whole box needs to be secured better up top. Should have worked on it in the attic when it was still cold out, but that would be too easy. :thisisfine: :sweaty:
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 1:36 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 11:45 am

When I moved in with my wife she kept a spray bottle next to the bed to “cool off in case it got too hot.”
🤨
I installed a window unit the next night and said I’d happily pay the power bill.
Yeah. Sometimes the defense budget needs to be increased to fight fire with fire.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Johnny nailed it with the split. That thing would ice your bedroom, easy to locate the compressor on even a very narrow house side, and they are quite reasonable for what your get, IMHO.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

:dat: :nope:

I mean, I get the :scrooge: but that isn't habitable. In the winter I set the heat at 65 overnight, I would do more like 62 if :tits: would allow. Summer we do like 72-74 overnight which is OK but then I definitely need the fan/just a sheet.

The funny thing is, by day I prefer like 80F.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

Our place is 70-72 year round. Even now I'm under a blanket on the couch.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Childhood memories in Turkey, no ac summers. If its breezy we open up a window and be lucky breeze hits the right direction