IX-Lemon Life.

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

1800 # called today:
1. They initiated a “repurchase” not a buyback. Case is going to a case manager tomorrow who will follow up.
2. Dealer service manager called back and didn’t say much we’re playing phone tag. Trying to find out what the factory rep told him.

Once I get an “offer” in front of me I’ll be getting in touch with a lawyer just to cover that angle as well. From the sounds of it, it’ll be 3-5 days minimum to get this pushed further.

Good times. 39 days “in service” as of today
Last edited by max225 on Tue Sep 19, 2023 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
golftdibrad1
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: on used bald tires

max225 wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 3:58 pm 1800 # called today:
1. They initiated a “repurchase” not a buyback. Case is going to a case manager tomorrow who will follow up.
2. Dealer service manager called back and didn’t say much we’re playing phone tag. Trying to find out what the factory rep told him.

Once I get an “offer” in front of me I’ll be getting in touch with a lawyer as well just to cover that angle as well. From the sounds of it it’ll be 3-5 days minimum to get this pushed further

Good times. 39 days “in service” as of day
is a repurchase the same thing as a buyback?
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:28 pm I'm happy for Brad because nobody jerks it to the Miata harder on this forum and that is the Crown Prince of Miatas.
max225

golftdibrad1 wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 4:25 pm

Once I get an “offer” in front of me I’ll be getting in touch with a lawyer as well just to cover that angle as well. From the sounds of it it’ll be 3-5 days minimum to get this pushed further

Good times. 39 days “in service” as of day
No idea … they asked to not refer to it as a lemon or a buyback. I’m assuming because it’ll kick off a different type of path/proceeding

That’s why I’ll get legal advice once an “offer” is in front of me.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

max225 wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 4:46 pm
golftdibrad1 wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 4:25 pm

No idea … they asked to not refer to it as a lemon or a buyback. I’m assuming because it’ll kick off a different type of path/proceeding

Weird. Once it's fixed and off to auction it'll likely show as a lemon/buyback on the :fax: . That's what happened to my :gorf: anyway.
max225

Gberg2119 wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 4:54 pm

Weird. Once it's fixed and off to auction it'll likely show as a lemon/buyback on the :fax: . That's what happened to my :gorf: anyway.
Your R got bought back?
Desertbreh
Command Chief Master Sirloin

Probably exactly what they are trying to avoid.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
max225

Once I get an “offer” in front of me I’ll be getting in touch with a lawyer just to cover that angle as well. From the sounds of it, it’ll be 3-5 days minimum to get this pushed further.

Just got another called from the service manager.

Apparently the “factory rep” will be contacted by the 1800# agents once they wait another 3-5 days. As he is informed by the service manager of the problem at hand.

So it seems like all three parties are “linked” now (dealer, factory rep and 1800 rep).

However I’m getting some red flags.
1. Service manager claimed to have worked there for 18 years and it’s his first buyback … :ayfkm:
2. Service manager also said the 1800# was optional to call at first and yet now he was saying that he needed to hear from first. :notsure:
3. It’s Tuesday and he doesn’t know what’s going on with my car … he was first contacted Friday and he has no idea what the next steps are as to how to “fix” the vehicle or the current status. That’s just incompetence once again

:hibachi: will give more play by plays as soon as I know more
Last edited by max225 on Tue Sep 19, 2023 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
max225

Double
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

max225 wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 5:00 pm

Your R got bought back?
My first R. VWoA reimbursed me everything I put towards it. Replacement wasn’t an option as they were out of production by then but my diller did a trade to get my current Mk7.5.
max225

Gberg2119 wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 6:55 pm
max225 wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 5:00 pm

Your R got bought back?
My first R. VWoA reimbursed me everything I put towards it. Replacement wasn’t an option as they were out of production by then but my diller did a trade to get my current Mk7.5.
What was the issue with your R and how did you go about the process ?
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Taco Truk | Power Wheels Heep

max225 wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 6:39 pm

Apparently the “factory rep” will be contacted by the 1800# agents once they wait another 3-5 days. As he is informed by the service manager of the problem at hand.

So it seems like all three parties are “linked” now (dealer, factory rep and 1800 rep).

1. Service manager claimed to have worked there for 18 years and it’s his first buyback … :ayfkm:
2. Service manager also said the 1800# was optional to call at first and yet now he was saying that he needed to hear from first. :notsure:
3. It’s Tuesday and he doesn’t know what’s going on with my car … he was first contacted Friday and he has no idea what the next steps are as to how to “fix” the vehicle or the current status. That’s just incompetence once again

Nothing abnormal here.
Buyback and repurchase are different spellings of the same word.
You’ll be offered 100% of any penny spent to acquire the car in the first place. You’ll be made whole.
You will probably be offered a settlement to keep the car pending final repair. I have had clients offered 7-15k to sit in the loaner, let the dealer and tech line fix the car (regardless of timeframe).

1) Buybacks are rare. I’ve had it happen 3 times in 15 years of doing this. Customer usually gets dangled a bunch of cash and takes it.

2) Once the “lemon” switch flips, control of the process is pulled from the dealer. 1800/hotline calls the shots going forward. It’s optional for you to call, sure, but now it’s gone this far it’s mandatory.

3) service managers are generally out of touch with shit like this until it’s on fire. That fire was lit today. They’re too busy with tps reports and menial bullshit. Advisor and shop foreman will know much more than the tool in the office.
max225

fledonfoot wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 9:28 pm
max225 wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 6:39 pm

Nothing abnormal here.
Buyback and repurchase are different spellings of the same word.
You’ll be offered 100% of any penny spent to acquire the car in the first place. You’ll be made whole.
You will probably be offered a settlement to keep the car pending final repair. I have had clients offered 7-15k to sit in the loaner, let the dealer and tech line fix the car (regardless of timeframe).

1) Buybacks are rare. I’ve had it happen 3 times in 15 years of doing this. Customer usually gets dangled a bunch of cash and takes it.

2) Once the “lemon” switch flips, control of the process is pulled from the dealer. 1800/hotline calls the shots going forward. It’s optional for you to call, sure, but now it’s gone this far it’s mandatory.

3) service managers are generally out of touch with shit like this until it’s on fire. That fire was lit today. They’re too busy with tps reports and menial bullshit. Advisor and shop foreman will know much more than the tool in the office.
Great advice as always ty.
max225

Update from the car …
They drove it 20 miles …

Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

max225 wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 4:05 pm Update from the car …
They drove it 20 miles …

They probably brought a pizza back to the shop in it
Desertbreh

They drove it 20 miles …

You would have been better off buying a 1976 Jag with 190K miles on it and no maintenance history.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
max225

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 4:15 pm
They drove it 20 miles …

You would have been better off buying a 1976 Jag with 190K miles on it and no maintenance history.
Or keep on trucking in the trusty tsx. But nooo I had to go support the roundel, and purchase my 7th bmw
max225

Update from the service manager:
They are going sensor by sensor through the wiring harness now. “A lengthy process”. Still don’t know what’s wrong with it.

It seems like they should have done that earlier but … I’m assuming their hands are tied through some dumb process with bmw in Germany.

I do really like this guy for the most part. He calls when he promises and actually follows up vs the SA.
max225

Lemme know if this is too much noise in here guys. I was literally posting play by plays but I think I’ll tone it down a bit for :hibachi: sake
Desertbreh

max225 wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 12:46 am Lemme know if this is too much noise in here guys. I was literally posting play by plays but I think I’ll tone it down a bit for :hibachi: sake
Nobody else is posting a single fucking thing, including me. Until you start interrupting "valuable" content, a highly questionable concept in this joint in the first place, your documentation of a vehicle that has shit the bed @ 55 miles has my attention.
golftdibrad1

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 1:36 am
max225 wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 12:46 am Lemme know if this is too much noise in here guys. I was literally posting play by plays but I think I’ll tone it down a bit for :hibachi: sake
Nobody else is posting a single fucking thing, including me. Until you start interrupting "valuable" content, a highly questionable concept in this joint in the first place, your documentation of a vehicle that has shit the bed @ 55 miles has my attention.
exactly :dat:

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:28 pm I'm happy for Brad because nobody jerks it to the Miata harder on this forum and that is the Crown Prince of Miatas.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

In 4 updates
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

:popcorn:
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

Yeah Max, keep ‘em coming.
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Taco Truk | Power Wheels Heep

max225 wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 7:59 pm Update from the service manager:
They are going sensor by sensor through the wiring harness now. “A lengthy process”. Still don’t know what’s wrong with it.

It seems like they should have done that earlier but … I’m assuming their hands are tied through some dumb process with bmw in Germany.

I do really like this guy for the most part. He calls when he promises and actually follows up vs the SA.
He's got one hot item on his plate, and corporate's involved.

Right now I have 41 open repair orders for Porsche customers. My service manager is walking around micromanaging and looking for things to do.
golftdibrad1

max225 wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 7:59 pm Update from the service manager:
that thing is going to be a rattle trap from this day forward, probably.