IX-Lemon Life.

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Great spec … I’m kind of curious about how bmw is going about infotainment.

2022 I drive 7 (different interior)
2023 I drive 8
2024 + I drive 8.5

They are all vastly different. Now that I have used 8.5 a lot I really really like it. It’s significantly improved over 8.0.
max225

Also those pics don’t look professional.

:triggered:
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

From what I've read, M cars might get ID8.5 but it won't have the new quick select menu at the bottom or any of the new UI aside from the new climate menu.

However, I do think it's total :bs: to release ID8 for 2023 with zero upgrade path to ID8.5. I guess screw everyone who bought a 2023. Major fail on BMW's part.

max225

The bottom quick links are my fav part. It turned idrive from a C to a B+ as far as ease of use etc.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Gberg2119 wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 1:39 pm
max225 wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 1:16 pm
US treasuries pay 5.5% a year now... and it doesn't even need state taxes. 100% risk free other than losing the money of course to inflation. Interest rates on new cars are 4-10%... so that's a non starter anyways... imagine paying 1k a month in INTEREST on a defender :lol:

It seems like I4+Taco make for the most sensible proposition... but I may go an ultimate :plac: move next... There is a chance I can punt the i4 also... get another IX :plac: life... sell the taco and get something fun... this way the IX turns into the commuter/family car and possibly get something like an M2/Type R/M3 as a weekender. :yikes: more on that later once the IX schedule clears up.

https://carsandbids.com/auctions/KVQAGW ... campaign=n
So hot :megusta:

This :plac: sitch is :lolol:

This whole thing is going to turn into buying two new BMWs? :impressive:
max225

D Griff wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 2:01 pm

We shall see. There is a lot to clear up in the next coming days/weeks. I want to get a trade in quote on the i4.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 2:01 pm

If only :plac: could see us now.
golftdibrad1
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: on used bald tires

polishing mid pipes and burning food still.
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:28 pm I'm happy for Brad because nobody jerks it to the Miata harder on this forum and that is the Crown Prince of Miatas.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

I’m not understanding this but I’m interested to hear what comes of it :plac:

Sell the BMW that is lemoned yet has nothing wrong for the exact same thing, and potentially the same service ineptitude, and also sell the sedan for a gas version of the same sedan. And both from the same company at that.

You must hate money :plac: :plac:
max225

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 3:08 pm I’m not understanding this but I’m interested to hear what comes of it :plac:

Sell the BMW that is lemoned yet has nothing wrong for the exact same thing, and potentially the same service ineptitude, and also sell the sedan for a gas version of the same sedan. And both from the same company at that.

Not quite.
1. Getting a buy back and not selling on a now fucked with IX and essentially have the car for “free” for 2 months. 0 cash outlay
2. I4 Trade in at Breakeven. I may lose the $4200 down for having had the car for 4 months. Still less than the tax alone on a new car. But this is tbd
3. Replace IX with another IX that’s not fucked because I actually really like the car. But I won’t be returning to that dealer. IX costs 1/2 to run than a defender.
4. Sell taco and pocket 45-50k and put it at 5.5% roi
5. Possibly get a fun car that I currently don’t have so the garage will now be family IX\commuter + fun car.

I don’t need 3 cars that I have now. Only reason why I have them now is because of the IX fiasco.

How is this hating money ? :lolgasm: hating money is the current sitch at 2600 a month.

The other crazy part is … EVs got even cheaper than when I was shopping back in July. I can get a throwaway model 3 at $330 a month. That’s a lot cheaper than the i4 at 550
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

max225 wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 3:39 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 3:08 pm I’m not understanding this but I’m interested to hear what comes of it :plac:

Not quite.
1. Getting a buy back and not selling on a now fucked with IX and essentially have the car for “free” for 2 months. 0 cash outlay
2. I4 Trade in at Breakeven. I may lose the $4200 down for having had the car for 4 months. Still less than the tax alone on a new car. But this is tbd
3. Replace IX with another IX that’s not fucked because I actually really like the car. But I won’t be returning to that dealer. IX costs 1/2 to run than a defender.
4. Sell taco and pocket 45-50k and put it at 5.5% roi
5. Possibly get a fun car that I currently don’t have so the garage will now be family IX\commuter + fun car.

I don’t need 3 cars that I have now. Only reason why I have them now is because of the IX fiasco.

How is this hating money ? :lolgasm: hating money is the current sitch at 2600 a month.

The other crazy part is … EVs got even cheaper than when I was shopping back in July. I can get a throwaway model 3 at $330 a month. That’s a lot cheaper than the i4 at 550
i4 is nice though, Model 3 :disgust: .

I will be :amazing: if you get another IX, but I do think family EV + fun sedan makes sense though, sounds like a decent plan.
max225

Yeah current model 3 is blah. facelifted one is a bit better and at least won’t be lost in a parking lot for the next 2 years…. The lease term can be shorter on the tesla and it’s actually cheaper. Either way :hibachi: time. The IX needs to go for now … I did inquire about money to keep and avoid buy back but who knows.

The :mahtroy: I’m dealing with seems quite inept at his job as well… so I’m not expecting miracles. Every communication takes 2 days to turn around and only 1/2 the questions are addressed.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

Can't wait to see what color R1S you get
max225

CaleDeRoo wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 7:45 pm Can't wait to see what color R1S you get
If they leased at IX rates. I’d have one yesterday
Johnny_P

Yeah I mean I get it in that the iX is a nice ass car. Just surprised that you’d get another knowing how much of a pain in the ass these cars are from a troubleshooting and system design aspect.

Is the i4 AWD?
max225

Johnny_P wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 9:12 am Yeah I mean I get it in that the iX is a nice ass car. Just surprised that you’d get another knowing how much of a pain in the ass these cars are from a troubleshooting and system design aspect.

Is the i4 AWD?
No @i4. Mine is rwd but they can be awd.

I’d avoid the dealer where it’s at now. I think that’s the issue not the car.
max225

Major update:

1. BMW is willing to pay me $2500 to "keep" the car and I can still "lemon" it later if I wanted to... that ain't happening.
2. Looks like they won't be making a mileage deduction given that the car was so new if I do decide to turn it in.
3. Once I get the paperwork back from bmw it will take them 3 weeks or so to complete the turn in.
4. They will re-imburse for floor mats+insurance

Getting the worksheet later today. So as far as path forward this car is DONE. It is 99% going back to BMW as there is 0 incentive to keep it. I think prices will continue to go down.

So I have a "free" IX for another month... and I have an I4 which is getting exactly 0 use. I'll be getting some trade values over the next few days to see if I can :nuke: it. As I have no use for the I4 at this point and going forward a single IX (or other EV) makes more sense than a I4+IX combo.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

max225 wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 12:41 pm Major update:

1. BMW is willing to pay me $2500 to "keep" the car and I can still "lemon" it later if I wanted to... that ain't happening.
2. Looks like they won't be making a mileage deduction given that the car was so new if I do decide to turn it in.
3. Once I get the paperwork back from bmw it will take them 3 weeks or so to complete the turn in.

Getting the worksheet later today. So as far as path forward this car is DONE. It is 99% going back to BMW as there is 0 incentive to keep it. I think prices will continue to go down.

So I have a "free" IX for another month... and I have an I4 which is getting exactly 0 use. I'll be getting some trade values over the next few days to see if I can :nuke: it. As I have no use for the I4 at this point and going forward a single IX (or other EV) makes more sense than a I4+IX combo.
I thought you loved the i4 though?
max225

D Griff wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 1:31 pm
max225 wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 12:41 pm Major update:

I thought you loved the i4 though?
I do… but I am currently in a situation where the i4 and taco get exactly 0 use. So there are 3 ways to go about it… I want to keep it at a 2 car solution.

Scenario 1:
Keep i4 and taco and call it a day

Scenario 2:
Replace i4 with something that works as a commuter and family car (only IX/Mach E or model Y fit this) and keep the taco.

Scenario 3: :plac: :plac: :plac:
Keep i4 replace Tacoma with fun family car (G Wagen, Defender, macan gts, new Land Cruiser or rivian) a lot of variables here but it needs to be a bit more spacious than an i4 for family shit and a lot more fun/unique.
Johnny_P

Ultimate plac would be two new iX’s haha

I like the Land Cruiser / defender idea. Who would drive what on a regular basis in that scenario though?
max225

Johnny_P wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 1:57 pm Ultimate plac would be two new iX’s haha

I like the Land Cruiser / defender idea. Who would drive what on a regular basis in that scenario though?
We would commute in the i4. And Land Cruiser/defender would be saved for the weekends with the kiddo
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

:popcorn:
Johnny_P

I’d imagine resale on the defender would be ridiculously high because there’s going to be enormous demand for them. Seems like a good pick as long as the hype stays strong.

I want one, not gonna lie
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

I4 and gas SUV as the fun car doesn't seem to make sense over a Rivian and gas sports car. Cost dependent of course but I4 and SUV overlap too much IMO
max225

CaleDeRoo wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 5:32 pm I4 and gas SUV as the fun car doesn't seem to make sense over a Rivian and gas sports car. Cost dependent of course but I4 and SUV overlap too much IMO
Kind of my issue with it … at the same time i4 isn’t quite big enough to be a full on family car. The car seat sitch this country decided to force down people’s throats is just stupid.

Why do I need to get a house on wheels to parade a leech 2 miles to the doctors office ?!

If he dies he dies