General Economic chit chat/updates.

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
golftdibrad1
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: on used bald tires

max225 wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 12:54 pm
golftdibrad1 wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 12:51 pm

:lolol: but cruicialy not 4x or 10x as you stated 2 posts above. I'm not saying its good, but its not as extreme as you imply.
It depends on area too… some areas went through extreme price appreciation while others are down. Ex Ohio is likely in line with historicals or down .
Sure. And some for no reason. Why is SF so expensive when you have the added responsibility of cleaning up needles and human shit from the sidewalk? Why pay to live in NY when you cant leave your house anyway? etcetc
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:28 pm I'm happy for Brad because nobody jerks it to the Miata harder on this forum and that is the Crown Prince of Miatas.
Desertbreh
Command Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 12:44 pm Literally 2x the price you god damn dense motherfucker
Dude. You live in the Pay Area. The mother of unaffordable housing. You and your wife are highly paid W-2 employees, which is means the .gov skins you alive with nowhere to hide. And now you have a cf, with all of the attendant costs therefore. You're salty. Let me put some lipstick on the pig for you.

UC tuition is FREE compared to the University of Miami ($70K for a year of undergrad tuition at "The U" still blows my mind. That's how much my entire law school eduacation cost.) You don't have to send your kid to Columbia to wage jihad. Public colleges are fine.

You didn't blow your wad on some douchebag house. It is a nice rambler in a nice area, but nothing ostenatious........very Boomer of you. If the anger that you are ENTITLED to a single working parent will not abate, MOVE TO OHIO. Pay cash for your home. Pay cash for your cars. Start watching football. Drive cars powered by ICE, not some electric BMW that may short out if you sneeze too hard. Cash out.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

golftdibrad1 wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 1:09 pm

It depends on area too… some areas went through extreme price appreciation while others are down. Ex Ohio is likely in line with historicals or down .
Sure. And some for no reason. Why is SF so expensive when you have the added responsibility of cleaning up needles and human shit from the sidewalk? Why pay to live in NY when you cant leave your house anyway? etcetc
Sf is actually cheap historically speaking. The prices are at 2014 levels. Crime is way down in city also… kind of a bargain of one can afford it
max225

Desertbreh wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 1:17 pm
max225 wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 12:44 pm Literally 2x the price you god damn dense motherfucker
Dude. You live in the Pay Area. The mother of unaffordable housing. You and your wife are highly paid W-2 employees, which is means the .gov skins you alive with nowhere to hide. And now you have a cf, with all of the attendant costs therefore. You're salty. Let me put some lipstick on the pig for you.

UC tuition is FREE compared to the University of Miami ($70K for a year of undergrad tuition at "The U" still blows my mind. That's how much my entire law school eduacation cost.) You don't have to send your kid to Columbia to wage jihad. Public colleges are fine.

You didn't blow your wad on some douchebag house. It is a nice rambler in a nice area, but nothing ostenatious........very Boomer of you. If the anger that you are ENTITLED to a single working parent will not abate, MOVE TO OHIO. Pay cash for your home. Pay cash for your cars. Start watching football. Drive cars powered by ICE, not some electric BMW that may short out if you sneeze too hard. Cash out.
That’s the plan once the w2s dry out. Wife is working hard on that. Let me yell at the sky.
Desertbreh

max225 wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 1:20 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 1:17 pm

That’s the plan once the w2s dry out. Wife is working hard on that. Let me yell at the sky.
I'll allow it.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
golftdibrad1

Desertbreh wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 1:17 pm You don't have to send your kid to Columbia to wage jihad. Public colleges are fine.

:bravo: :bravo: :bravo:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:28 pm I'm happy for Brad because nobody jerks it to the Miata harder on this forum and that is the Crown Prince of Miatas.
MrH42
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: '23 Lightning + '23 BRZ

golftdibrad1 wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 12:51 pm

:lolol: but cruicialy not 4x or 10x as you stated 2 posts above. I'm not saying its good, but its not as extreme as you imply.
This is what I imagine every time you talk about something outside of SV :lol:
max225

MrH42 wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 4:31 pm

I hate the house prices here. 2 million gets you a pos shack built for pennies on the dollar 70-120 years ago. And you’re a literal slave to it because you also pay 30k a year in prop taxes on that. All for the privilege of calling this liberal cess pool home
golftdibrad1

max225 wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 5:25 pm

I hate the house prices here. 2 million gets you a pos shack built for pennies on the dollar 70-120 years ago. And you’re a literal slave to it because you also pay 30k a year in prop taxes on that. All for the privilege of calling this liberal cess pool home
then vote with your feets
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

I'll trade you straight up, house deed for house deed.
golftdibrad1

Has Max had the weekend to realize how good he has it?
max225

Here is a Ted talk on the issue since I’m :wrong:
MrH42
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

You could move?

You're reaping the benefits of the insane housing situation. Put that to work. Go buy a mansion in literally any other place in America.
max225

MrH42 wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 1:38 pm

You could move?

You're reaping the benefits of the insane housing situation. Put that to work. Go buy a mansion in literally any other place in America.
I am not... someone buying in Florida in 2019>2020 is reaping the benefits and about a 300% appreciation, we're at a more tepid 30% not even in line with inflation. California had pretty low price appreciation compared to most of the country over the last 5 years.
The jobs are here and return to office is here. And "rest of america" actually got quite expensive in desirable areas. 1>1.5M is basically the new "normal". Yes there are cheaper places all over including California... but for a reason. (jobs, weather, crime, schools, access to culture, infrastructure). No free lunch. The market is pretty decent at valuing things.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

max225 wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 1:42 pm
MrH42 wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 1:38 pm

You could move?

I am not... someone buying in Florida in 2019>2020 is reaping the benefits and about a 300% appreciation, we're at a more tepid 30% not even in line with inflation. California had pretty low price appreciation compared to most of the country over the last 5 years.
The jobs are here and return to office is here. And "rest of america" actually got quite expensive in desirable areas. 1>1.5M is basically the new "normal". Yes there are cheaper places all over including California... but for a reason. (jobs, weather, crime, schools, access to culture, infrastructure). No free lunch. The market is pretty decent at valuing things.
So you're acknowledging that you live in one of the best places (which I'd agree with). You pay for that privilege. Nothing really new here, life is all about compromise. We have a tiny house on the worst street in our neighborhood, because we wanted to live in this area.

FL people are also kind of fucked as their insurance is insane.
max225

D Griff wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 1:59 pm
So you're acknowledging that you live in one of the best places (which I'd agree with). You pay for that privilege. Nothing really new here, life is all about compromise. We have a tiny house on the worst street in our neighborhood, because we wanted to live in this area.

I haven't lived in many other places outside of california in my adult life. I have VISITED many... but not lived so I don't know if it's good bad etc... I have seen a few places where I'd like to live that were almost equally expensive in other states. So I started to see a pattern, cali isn't THAT expensive compared to the rest of the country anymore.

FL has really high prop taxes also which is pretty much theft. And weather events that could wipe one out... so yea. I was just shitting on california... a popular topic. I think the living expenses here are pretty insane... having a 500k combined income to afford a shitty home is a tough place to be unless you have lots of in laws that rode the waves.
MrH42
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

max225 wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 2:06 pm

I haven't lived in many other places outside of california in my adult life.

:lolol: I couldn't resist
max225

MrH42 wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 2:48 pm

:mahtroy:
golftdibrad1

MrH42 wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 2:48 pm

:lolgasm:
J-Ho-Fo-Show69
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Drives: 328, TJ, Grand Trailhawk

Woodlawn is a worse street!! So you’re not the worst! Not the smallest either! You’re on a small list of friends whose homes I would actually buy and live in. It’s a small list…
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

J-Ho-Fo-Show69 wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 5:48 pm

Woodlawn is a worse street!! So you’re not the worst! Not the smallest either! You’re on a small list of friends whose homes I would actually buy and live in. It’s a small list…
Woodlawn is the worst indeed but of the neighborhood streets the Woodlawn proximity mine has is :disgust:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

I do like my house though, just wish it connected to the rest of the hood. But hence the lower price :aintcare:
golftdibrad1

But hey, at least we are not canada?