OT 21: DFD Giveth and DFD Taketh Away

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

Now that we are in discussion of hotels, i was looking at marriott hotels and others in denver area. There are some really nice ones that aren't extra that are more independent that costs roughly 250-500 depending on which and then theres sheraton 3,500 for the cheapest room and that looks nowhere as nice as other hotels ive looked it. Fuck that.

My friend stayed at a sheraton near dc, and i swear to god that hotel is outdated af, i would not be willing to pay more than $150, they paid $450
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

yea 250 a night (all in with taxes and fees) is just about the lowest you can go to be in a non C stained, rat infested room.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

max225 wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 11:49 am
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 10:34 pm

Theres lot of options outside of it, I only stayed with that certain milestone occasion. But yeah, the hotel was fully booked and clearly there are people willing to :troywax: id personally would not though. Even for that milestone i would not spend $1,200 a night for one, thats insanity for a marriott other than maybe ritz carlton or a large resort. But im not willing to go that high.

Also we spent almost the whole day, so there is that. Traffic is just gridlock post closing that id probably make it to her friends hotel in half the time on a skateboard.

I was also told it used to be priced less than $200, so hotels are not as cheaper as it used to be.
Luxury resorts like Ritz is now a mid 4 figure proposition frequently. It is kind of insane...
Cheaper hotels like a Hyatt house/or "inns" went from 80>>>200-300
Value nice hotels like a Hyatt Regency went from 150-200>>>350-500
Nice hotels like Park/Hyatt went from 350-500>>>> 750-1500 a night
Luxury hotels like Ritz/4 seasons/Fairmont went from 400-600 to 1000-2500 a night which is frankly INSANE.
It really depends on area/timing, I get plenty of mid tier stuff for like $150-200 with Hilton but it's quite seasonal.

This week in a Fairmont in Vancouver for a work thing and it was $2K for three nights :lolol: They did give a 'fourth night free' and some perks like 'free' breakfast and a $100 bar tab.
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

D Griff wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 11:16 am
max225 wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 11:49 am

Luxury resorts like Ritz is now a mid 4 figure proposition frequently. It is kind of insane...
Cheaper hotels like a Hyatt house/or "inns" went from 80>>>200-300
Value nice hotels like a Hyatt Regency went from 150-200>>>350-500
Nice hotels like Park/Hyatt went from 350-500>>>> 750-1500 a night
Luxury hotels like Ritz/4 seasons/Fairmont went from 400-600 to 1000-2500 a night which is frankly INSANE.
It really depends on area/timing, I get plenty of mid tier stuff for like $150-200 with Hilton but it's quite seasonal.

This week in a Fairmont in Vancouver for a work thing and it was $2K for three nights :lolol: They did give a 'fourth night free' and some perks like 'free' breakfast and a $100 bar tab.
Vancouver, WA, or Vancouver, B.C.?

Coming down to Portland at all?
max225

SAWCE wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 11:50 am
D Griff wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 11:16 am

I am assuming someting as stately as Fairmont doesn't exist in Vancouver, WA
SAWCE

max225 wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 5:24 pm

Ah. I’m unfamiliar with the brand lol.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

:dat: it was BC.

Was just in for four nights for a conference, not a ton of time for extracurricular activities but we did have a few.

It was my second time there but man, what an amazing place. I’d say the most beautiful city in NA.
SAWCE

D Griff wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 10:37 pm

Was just in for four nights for a conference, not a ton of time for extracurricular activities but we did have a few.

It was my second time there but man, what an amazing place. I’d say the most beautiful city in NA.
Never been, but we’re planning on heading up that way for some snowboarding in Whistler this winter.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Trying to sell bikes (or anything of value) on facebook marketplace is painful.

Them: Hi I'd like to pay here and then my cousin / friend / dog walker can come pick it up. Do you take zelle?
Me: Your cousin / friend / dog walker is welcome to pay in cash, venmo, or paypal in person when they pick it up.
They leave the chat

:rolleyes:

Then its a ton of offers of half what I have it listed for. Or just a bunch of people asking if its still available.
golftdibrad1
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: on used bald tires

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 11:39 am Trying to sell bikes (or anything of value) on facebook marketplace is painful.

Them: Hi I'd like to pay here and then my cousin / friend / dog walker can come pick it up. Do you take zelle?
Me: Your cousin / friend / dog walker is welcome to pay in cash, venmo, or paypal in person when they pick it up.
They leave the chat

Then its a ton of offers of half what I have it listed for. Or just a bunch of people asking if its still available.
In my experience selling shit on FB market there are two issues if its not moving:

1. Its too obscure
2. You are asking too much for used items.

Everything I have listed for over 100 bucks was gone in 3 days except this goulds sewer/grinder pump which falls squarely in the #1 problem.
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:28 pm I'm happy for Brad because nobody jerks it to the Miata harder on this forum and that is the Crown Prince of Miatas.
max225

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 11:39 am Trying to sell bikes (or anything of value) on facebook marketplace is painful.

They leave the chat

Yea that’s kind of how it goes around here also. List a $100 msrp item for $50 and get $25 offers all day.

I have been trying to sell $150 tesla model s floor mats for $75 and I just got a $50 offer today … countered with $60 don’t think the dude will come and get it
golftdibrad1

Rule of econ 101: things are worth what they are worth.
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:28 pm I'm happy for Brad because nobody jerks it to the Miata harder on this forum and that is the Crown Prince of Miatas.
Johnny_P

golftdibrad1 wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 1:53 pm Rule of econ 101: things are worth what they are worth.
The “I will zelle you now and my friend’s cousin’s ex yoga instructor will pick it up” is pure scam.
max225

golftdibrad1 wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 1:53 pm Rule of econ 101: things are worth what they are worth.
Rule 102: I know what I have
max225

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 2:51 pm
The “I will zelle you now and my friend’s cousin’s ex yoga instructor will pick it up” is pure scam.
I had a weird Facebook delivery thing pop up… so weird … and googling it, proved inconclusive
golftdibrad1

of course. But if its not moving its simply priced too high
Johnny_P

golftdibrad1 wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 3:10 pm

One day in so far. 4 offers of half what it’s listed for. 6 scam attempts.
golftdibrad1

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 3:50 pm
golftdibrad1 wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 3:10 pm

One day in so far. 4 offers of half what it’s listed for. 6 scam attempts.
Well give it a week or two then. high end bikes are pretty narrow market used, most would rather just get new.
golftdibrad1

New shed/workshop supposed to be delivered today :popcorn:
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

Been waiting on the tarmac for 45mins now waiting to get off the plane. They have 6 people working three different gates unloading planes here.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

golftdibrad1 wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 8:08 am New shed/workshop supposed to be delivered today :popcorn:
:nice:

We’re kind of bailed on our shed project… wound up coming in over 20k and just don’t have the appetite for that. Currently still using the smashed old shed, thinking of just getting an 8x15 plastic unit for 2k and assembling myself.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

If we have :baby: one day we’d need more room and the plan was making part of the fancy shed an office for me but who knows if we’ll have a kid and if we do I feel like :tits: is going to be all about moving to the burbs regardless. I guess sitting on the 20k in my savings account at 4.3% interest is the better move.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

SAWCE wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 11:15 pm
D Griff wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 10:37 pm

Never been, but we’re planning on heading up that way for some snowboarding in Whistler this winter.
Man it is incredible. The drive from Vancouver to Whistler (well I’ve only gone as far up as Squamish) is :mindblown:
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

Finally taxiing to go back home to CLT. The plane borked yesterday during boarding and had to spend another night here in Arkansas. Good thing I already had today off.
SAWCE

Hit up a local Oktoberfest with a few friends on Saturday. Mostly just good vendors, but they do a few events through the day. One of them is “tractor” races where adults are riding a kids tractors in a race. We went last year and they looked they fun. This year they were announcing that they needed more people to sign up for them, so Michelle and I put our names down for the double team, and I signed up as a single men’s contestant as well. Michelle won her leg, but I got off to a rough start when it was my turn and we took second for the team race. I won my heat for the single race and won the race for the final against the other heat winner in the men’s race lol.

Was funny, watching the video michelle took you can hear someone sitting next to her joking about someone getting the cops over to drug test me :lol: