Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

max225 wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 3:22 pm
wap wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 2:53 pm

:lol:
As long as it is on a proper footing and meets the setback and height requirements and public decency rules, why not? :iono:

We're barely NINE THOUSAND population. But we want to pretend like we're a big city I guess.
You should see the shit my buddy does in San Jose... He had an RV parked Illegally in his yard for 2 years... multiple random tent set ups... no permits for anything... put in an extra bathroom, new roof, fixed foundation etc... and all the neighbors don't give a fk in his hood. Just kind of shocked to hear all that from you to be honest.
#texasthings

:iono: See my subsequent post. There are a LOT of nice things about living in my village. This permit :bs: is obviously not one of them, but overall I like living here.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

wap wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 3:35 pm

You should see the shit my buddy does in San Jose... He had an RV parked Illegally in his yard for 2 years... multiple random tent set ups... no permits for anything... put in an extra bathroom, new roof, fixed foundation etc... and all the neighbors don't give a fk in his hood. Just kind of shocked to hear all that from you to be honest.
#texasthings

:iono: See my subsequent post. There are a LOT of nice things about living in my village. This permit :bs: is obviously not one of them, but overall I like living here.
I get it I’m just shocked at the bureaucracy
wap

max225 wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 3:42 pm
#texasthings

Me too! :ohwell:
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

max225 wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 3:42 pm
#texasthings

I'm not because it works in smaller places. Adding more people makes these sorts of things even harder to enforce and eventually get broken down. Look into your building code rules, and there's probably a bunch of things in your house you've done that are against "code" but the city can't enforce it all, so most flies under the radar.

Where I live, there's tons of rules on paper, but the township is geographically massive so it's impossible to enforce code and most things go un noticed.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Detroit wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 3:18 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 1:45 pm My boss just called me. Said he’s leaving the company and have like 4 week notice. Do I put in for his job? To be continued…
Depends if you're willing to deal with boss level :bs: You could do it and do a great job, but do you WANT to....that's the question.
Yeah that’s the question. If it significantly helps the house buying attempt then I might do it. But if work/life balance will be fucked then nawww fam.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Johnny_P wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 4:57 pm
Depends if you're willing to deal with boss level :bs: You could do it and do a great job, but do you WANT to....that's the question.
Yeah that’s the question. If it significantly helps the house buying attempt then I might do it. But if work/life balance will be fucked then nawww fam.
Yea...high salaries don't come for free.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
wap

Just got a phone call from my dude on the Planning Committee. My permit request for the fire pit is approved. Their computers are down so he can't process it until next week but that's ok because I'll be busy this weekend working on the :bs: for the fence variance and won't have time to do any work on the pit and patio anyway. :rolleyes: He'll call me next week when the permit is ready to be picked up and paid for. Gotta say, this guy has been 5/7 with communication, at least.

One small victory for Joe Citizen down, one to go.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

wap wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 5:21 pm Just got a phone call from my dude on the Planning Committee. My permit request for the fire pit is approved. Their computers are down so he can't process it until next week but that's ok because I'll be busy this weekend working on the :bs: for the fence variance and won't have time to do any work on the pit and patio anyway. :rolleyes: He'll call me next week when the permit is ready to be picked up and paid for. Gotta say, this guy has been 5/7 with communication, at least.

One small victory for Joe Citizen down, one to go.
Hell yeah.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Where is the bossman going?
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

#texasthings

San Jose is in the Pay Area Ron.
wap

Desertbreh wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 5:36 pm
#texasthings

San Jose is in the Pay Area Ron.
:lol: There is a SJ Tx, :doe:
Johnny_P

Detroit wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 5:13 pm

Yea...high salaries don't come for free.
Not exactly high. Probably $130 plus a yearly bonus. Decent increase tho because I only make 118.
Last edited by Johnny_P on Fri Jul 29, 2022 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Johnny_P

Desertbreh wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 5:33 pm

Yeah so that’s the thing. He’s going to a consulting gig to “find a better work life balance for him and his family.” Which might be a warning regarding his position. But he’s only been in this position about 4 months and that whole time he had an under staffed department he was trying to hire for. Now he has a fully staffed department. So. Dunno.
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

wap wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 2:57 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 1:59 pm

That's how things stay TIGHT in Ron's little suburban paradise.
We are a pretty well run little village, TBH. Good snow removal, free garbage and lawn waste pick up, good schools, very low crime, largest July 4th fireworks display in the state, a decent Octoberfest every fall, annual summertime fest with live music every night with free entry, we host the annual Highland Games from Scotland, close to several highways, O'Hare Airport, etc. It's a pretty good place to live, but zero nightlife, which is fine with me as a :wap: :lol:
:notbad: I could live there.
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Johnny_P wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 7:08 pm

Yeah so that’s the thing. He’s going to a consulting gig to “find a better work life balance for him and his family.” Which might be a warning regarding his position. But he’s only been in this position about 4 months and that whole time he had an under staffed department he was trying to hire for. Now he has a fully staffed department. So. Dunno.
:nope:
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
wap

SAWCE wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 8:55 pm
wap wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 2:57 pm

We are a pretty well run little village, TBH. Good snow removal, free garbage and lawn waste pick up, good schools, very low crime, largest July 4th fireworks display in the state, a decent Octoberfest every fall, annual summertime fest with live music every night with free entry, we host the annual Highland Games from Scotland, close to several highways, O'Hare Airport, etc. It's a pretty good place to live, but zero nightlife, which is fine with me as a :wap: :lol:
:notbad: I could live there.
:dock:
max225

Speaking of San Jose
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Hmm
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

max225 wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 12:51 pm What the actual fuck. So say you build a giant cock in your yard … do they have any fucking authority to fine you ? You’re not bound by any sort of laws with this are you ?

I still don’t understand who enforces this … a city of 16k people has multiple committees of non sense ? The actual fuck
As long as it is on a proper footing and meets the setback and height requirements and public decency rules, why not? :iono:

We're barely NINE THOUSAND population. But we want to pretend like we're a big city I guess.
This whole thing is possibly the whitest shit I’ve ever heard of.

If I wanted a fire pit or fence… I would go to Lowe’s, buy it, then put it up. That’s the process in this city of 2 million :lolol:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Huh. I would just sit down with him and talk about it, tell him you’re thinking of applying, ask some questions. He’s leaving anyway so seems like there wouldn’t be much to lose.

Taking on a management job for 10% more money would be a hard nah from me unless I didn’t like the current role already or something.
max225

D Griff wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 4:09 pm

If I wanted a fire pit or fence… I would go to Lowe’s, buy it, then put it up. That’s the process in this city of 2 million :lolol:
Yeah I’m thinking that’s what it is everywhere. But if you were to actually ask the city I’m sure it would be some sort of s show. Cuz there are rUlEz
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

max225 wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 4:49 pm

Yeah I’m thinking that’s what it is everywhere. But if you were to actually ask the city I’m sure it would be some sort of s show. Cuz there are rUlEz
In NC you can legally burn your yard.

Don't want to take leaves? Burn your yard.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

CaleDeRoo wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 7:40 pm
max225 wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 4:49 pm
In NC you can legally burn your yard.

Don't want to take leaves? Burn your yard.
Yep, this is stupid popular in the rural parts. I assume it’s illegal in the city of Charlotte but we have free yard waste pick up and I am also not a moron so I’ve never had to find out.
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

We could do burns growing up out in the desert, but had to notify the local FD and there were regulations on how far from structures, fences, and vegetation.
wap

:jelly: