OT 21: DFD Giveth and DFD Taketh Away

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

Tar wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 8:22 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 8:13 pm

Seepage at coil packs would be VC gasket possibly. In 4 updates.
I seriously thought this was a cheap and easy fix as I did the job on a Hyundai Santa Fe years ago. :nope: , not the case on a E888
I did a VC gasket on my old car in the street in about 20 mins. Not possible on the MK6, the engine basically has to be removed to do it.
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

D Griff wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 8:43 pm
SAWCE wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 8:39 pm

I’m like you. Love guac, regular avocados are just :okay: … I don’t want avo on my burgers. I ate it on the side like you said. Did that today on the side of my beef/rice/pineapple meal.
Could be a dece bowl, rice, beef, pineapple, avocado, maybe some tomatoes/salsa.
Didn’t think about mixing the avocado in.. might try that. I usually sauté up some shroomers, bell peppers, spinach and tomatoes and mix that in (I eat the pineapple on the side when I do that).. avocado would work well with that I think.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

SAWCE wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 9:41 pm
D Griff wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 8:43 pm

Could be a dece bowl, rice, beef, pineapple, avocado, maybe some tomatoes/salsa.
Didn’t think about mixing the avocado in.. might try that. I usually sauté up some shroomers, bell peppers, spinach and tomatoes and mix that in (I eat the pineapple on the side when I do that).. avocado would work well with that I think.
Yep it's good in bowls, kind of like a mayo/sour cream substitute if it's smashed up. That sounds :drool: actually with all the sautéed veggies. Pineapple can be good in bowls or it's a nice dessert, definitely one of my favorite fruits.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 8:51 pm
Tar wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 8:22 pm

I seriously thought this was a cheap and easy fix as I did the job on a Hyundai Santa Fe years ago. :nope: , not the case on a E888
I did a VC gasket on my old car in the street in about 20 mins. Not possible on the MK6, the engine basically has to be removed to do it.
Dang, that's wild... I replaced one on my Miata and it was easy peasy, 'trickiest' part is just torqueing everything to spec in the correct order.
SAWCE

D Griff wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 6:15 am
SAWCE wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 9:41 pm

Yep it's good in bowls, kind of like a mayo/sour cream substitute if it's smashed up. That sounds :drool: actually with all the sautéed veggies. Pineapple can be good in bowls or it's a nice dessert, definitely one of my favorite fruits.
Yeah I eat pineapple every day. It always goes with my red meat since it has digestive enzymes that help break those tougher proteins down.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

SAWCE wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 10:17 am
D Griff wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 6:15 am

Yeah I eat pineapple every day. It always goes with my red meat since it has digestive enzymes that help break those tougher proteins down.
She likes that for sure :hubba:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

max225 wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 12:46 pm

:dedong:
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Any update Rudyballz?
SAWCE

max225 wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 12:46 pm

:lolol: it definitely doesn’t hurt things in that regard.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 1:19 pm Worst of the damage, downed tree in my neighborhood.

Mostly just lots of down debris.

Dog be like "what the fuck mang?"
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
SAWCE

Made the drive up to the office today with boss bro. Just over 3 hours. Not bad. We’ll skip out around noon and go watch a bit of the Mariners v. Tigers game at T-Mobile Park, then start making our way down south. Hopefully be on the road around or shortly after 2:00 to miss traffic through Tacoma.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

SAWCE wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 12:31 pm Made the drive up to the office today with boss bro. Just over 3 hours. Not bad. We’ll skip out around noon and go watch a bit of the Mariners v. Tigers game at T-Mobile Park, then start making our way down south. Hopefully be on the road around or shortly after 2:00 to miss traffic through Tacoma.
Busy day in the office eh ? :lol:
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

SAWCE wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 12:31 pm Made the drive up to the office today with boss bro. Just over 3 hours. Not bad. We’ll skip out around noon and go watch a bit of the Mariners v. Tigers game at T-Mobile Park, then start making our way down south. Hopefully be on the road around or shortly after 2:00 to miss traffic through Tacoma.
6 hours of driving for half a day in the office :notsure: I get that.

I'm a 4 hour drive from my office, and I only go in when there's a multi-day in person thing going on, otherwise it's not worth my time. Boss and org agrees, and I actually get value out of that in person time so it doesn't bother me. I'd be :rage: to go there for just a half day or baseball game or some shit.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 1:21 pm
Just another day rowing in the slave hold for the .gov
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
SAWCE

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 4:18 pm
max225 wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 1:21 pm

Just another day rowing in the slave hold for the .gov
:dat: it’s not for the faint of heart.
SAWCE

Detroit wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 1:52 pm

I'm a 4 hour drive from my office, and I only go in when there's a multi-day in person thing going on, otherwise it's not worth my time. Boss and org agrees, and I actually get value out of that in person time so it doesn't bother me. I'd be :rage: to go there for just a half day or baseball game or some shit.
It’s a little :rage: because we both moved to Portland because the job was supposed to stay full remote after Covid, but then it changed and now we’re supposed to be twice a pay period in the office… luckily boss bro is keeping us to once a month for now until (if) another group snitches on us, since he’s also affected pretty badly having bought a house down here expecting to stay full remote.
I was given word about a position opening up in another group that is actually full remote with no chance of that changing. So I’ll be throwing my hat in for that when it does to get out of this mess.
golftdibrad1
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: on used bald tires

SAWCE wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 3:54 pm https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/23196671/

Brad can interpret this better than I can, but I’m going to start adding avocado to my red meat meals.
"Eleven healthy subjects on two separate occasions consumed either a 250 g hamburger patty alone"

11 people. Id say its not a well powered study, but just confirms that avocados are good for you. IMHO the average american has wayyyyyyy much more 'low hanging fruit' if you will to cut inflammatory foods from their diet before they realize any benefits from eat avocado with red meat.
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:28 pm I'm happy for Brad because nobody jerks it to the Miata harder on this forum and that is the Crown Prince of Miatas.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

SAWCE wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 12:09 am

It’s a little :rage: because we both moved to Portland because the job was supposed to stay full remote after Covid, but then it changed and now we’re supposed to be twice a pay period in the office… luckily boss bro is keeping us to once a month for now until (if) another group snitches on us, since he’s also affected pretty badly having bought a house down here expecting to stay full remote.
I was given word about a position opening up in another group that is actually full remote with no chance of that changing. So I’ll be throwing my hat in for that when it does to get out of this mess.
Wow, that's crappy. Arbitrary in-office requirements are just :rage: especially after a job was fully remote.

I do see the value of in office time, but only when there's a point for it with other team members. Just coming in "2x a pay period" or whatever is just :butwhy:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
SAWCE

golftdibrad1 wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 7:56 am
SAWCE wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 3:54 pm https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/23196671/

Brad can interpret this better than I can, but I’m going to start adding avocado to my red meat meals.
"Eleven healthy subjects on two separate occasions consumed either a 250 g hamburger patty alone"

11 people. Id say its not a well powered study, but just confirms that avocados are good for you. IMHO the average american has wayyyyyyy much more 'low hanging fruit' if you will to cut inflammatory foods from their diet before they realize any benefits from eat avocado with red meat.
:whalecum: back! I didn’t even look at the number of participants, good looking lol. Agreed most people could/should just cut some of the inflammatory foods out of their diets. I think this will be good for me though with my “need” for red meat.

Will look for other research/studies about this with larger populations.
SAWCE

Detroit wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 8:42 am
SAWCE wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 12:09 am

Wow, that's crappy. Arbitrary in-office requirements are just :rage: especially after a job was fully remote.

I do see the value of in office time, but only when there's a point for it with other team members. Just coming in "2x a pay period" or whatever is just :butwhy:
Yep.. the first Wednesday of every month out whole team will go in for the team day, but the other three days, if people actually do them, can pretty much be whenever they want. It’s just to tick the box on our reports up to DoC.
golftdibrad1
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

SAWCE wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 9:41 am
golftdibrad1 wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 7:56 am

:whalecum: back! I didn’t even look at the number of participants, good looking lol. Agreed most people could/should just cut some of the inflammatory foods out of their diets. I think this will be good for me though with my “need” for red meat.

Thanks, beach was awesome. going to be hard to go back to the gulf beaches after last two years visiting the Carolinas.
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:28 pm I'm happy for Brad because nobody jerks it to the Miata harder on this forum and that is the Crown Prince of Miatas.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

golftdibrad1 wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 9:51 am
SAWCE wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 9:41 am

Thanks, beach was awesome. going to be hard to go back to the gulf beaches after last two years visiting the Carolinas.
Which Carolina beach(es) did you visit? We have some great ones... there are pros/cons versus gulf beaches. Gulf water is a prettier color, sand is generally whiter, beach weather lasts a bit longer. Other than that, I'd give the nod to the Carolinas - much better wave action, larger beaches, beautiful intracoastal water views.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Outside of red meat, what are the primary inflammatory foods?
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

I am very much pro some in-office time in most cases, I think there is a lot of value for many reasons. That said, this setup is stupid, 6+ hours of driving to be there for three hours, what the fuck is the point? And you're just working a half day one day for reasons? I'd say get the entire team together for a full day each month or quarter or whatever makes sense depending. Some people/roles will need more or less.

Personally I hated working 100% remote and I like my current setup a lot - Four days of travel every other week, a couple days in the office/month, the rest remote. Some jobs are effective 100% remote if the employee has the discipline to do it and enjoys sitting alone in their house all the time.
golftdibrad1
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

D Griff wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 10:46 am
golftdibrad1 wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 9:51 am

Which Carolina beach(es) did you visit? We have some great ones... there are pros/cons versus gulf beaches. Gulf water is a prettier color, sand is generally whiter, beach weather lasts a bit longer. Other than that, I'd give the nod to the Carolinas - much better wave action, larger beaches, beautiful intracoastal water views.
Last year we did myrtle and this year it was surf city. I basically echo your assessment. I love the shallow approach to the beach. Sandbar close and easy to get to. Both times we went the waves were not to strong for the little one near the shore. I mean this year a Tropical storm JUST rolled through too. The water has also been great in both temp and clarity. Sure the sand isn't quite as white but with all those other pros who cares? I know this so far is a data point of 2 for me personally, but I've really enjoyed them.

D Griff wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 10:46 am Outside of red meat, what are the primary inflammatory foods?
Well there are huge amounts of individual variability with this. I tend to not be bothered and feel less inflamed with meat. Like to tie into vacation post, i felt kind of of shit by the end with all the bad eating and drinking. Every meal was heavy on carbs which is not my normal diet, the reverse in fact (lots of meat and veg). Like i was CRAVING some fucking meat.

Anyway, sugar in all forms is basically terrible for you. Sure, live a little and have cake every now and again. And fruits eaten whole are also not terrible for most if not a major source of calories...especially considering the alternative of candy.

Wheat. Grain. anything made with.
Other than rice, most grains are pretty awful from an inflammation POV, and even rice is no good for some. I tolerate rice pretty well personally. Root veg (potates etc) are also ok for most in moderation.

Dairy is a sneaky one for a lot of people. You are either sensitive to the proteins in milk (casein, whey) or lucky enough to not be. The wife cant have any, where as I can tolerate whey isolate well.

Other than that some veg are bad for some but ok for others. Like some people have terrible reactions to nightshades like tomatoes, but I don't have any issues and thank god cause I love me some tomatoes.

If its causing you chronic issues and elimination diet where you slowly add stuff back is the best way to find what works for you, again those are broad strokes but people are very individual.