OT 21: DFD Giveth and DFD Taketh Away

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 2:34 pm
max225 wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 1:43 pm

Interesting. Good thing you got it solved. It does seem like the other unit must have been defective
I’m glad too. Extra $150 for the 12k over the 8k, well worth it.
Much too much is never enough
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

Desertbreh wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 4:23 pm
SAWCE wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 2:34 pm

I’m glad too. Extra $150 for the 12k over the 8k, well worth it.
Much too much is never enough
Yep. Don’t think we’ll ever have to buy a window unit, but if we do, I’ll make sure to overkill the oversize again.

We’re hitting 100° up here today with this wild heat wave we’re getting. This thing is clutch.
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

3.5% mid year bonus announced. Meaning probably a full 7% total at minimum by end of year. :notbad:
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
SAWCE

razr390 wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 2:58 pm 3.5% mid year bonus announced. Meaning probably a full 7% total at minimum by end of year. :notbad:
:nice:
SAWCE

That deadline I missed the other week ended up being a very soft deadline. Nobody even mentioned it and everything is good now with the contract modification in place :sweaty:
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

razr390 wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 2:58 pm 3.5% mid year bonus announced. Meaning probably a full 7% total at minimum by end of year. :notbad:
Awesome! Congrats dude.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

SAWCE wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 3:00 pm That deadline I missed the other week ended up being a very soft deadline. Nobody even mentioned it and everything is good now with the contract modification in place :sweaty:
:fuckyeah: :sweaty:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

:fuckyeah:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
wap

SAWCE wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 3:00 pm That deadline I missed the other week ended up being a very soft deadline. Nobody even mentioned it and everything is good now with the contract modification in place :sweaty:
:fuckyeah:
SAWCE

Oh dang. Just had a weekly tag up with temp boss while my bro is out on paternity leave and they’re awarding me 16 hours of leave for my performance on some shit I took on to help another team and general performance here. :nice: I had the option of cash equivalent, but I want to stack up my leave balances as quickly as I can so went for that instead.
wap

SAWCE wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 4:31 pm Oh dang. Just had a weekly tag up with temp boss while my bro is out on paternity leave and they’re awarding me 16 hours of leave for my performance on some shit I took on to help another team and general performance here. :nice: I had the option of cash equivalent, but I want to stack up my leave balances as quickly as I can so went for that instead.
:notbad:
Unexpected recognition is the best.
ChrisoftheNorth

wap wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 4:32 pm
SAWCE wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 4:31 pm Oh dang. Just had a weekly tag up with temp boss while my bro is out on paternity leave and they’re awarding me 16 hours of leave for my performance on some shit I took on to help another team and general performance here. :nice: I had the option of cash equivalent, but I want to stack up my leave balances as quickly as I can so went for that instead.
:dat: Especially extra time off :megusta:
SAWCE

Detroit wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 4:45 pm
wap wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 4:32 pm

:dat: Especially extra time off :megusta:
Yeah pretty stoked for that as I have a few trips I need to take later this year and this covers one of them in full. Trying to build my leave balance up to where everything I accrue in a year is “use or lose”.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

I have yet again been mia on dfd for a span of 2 weeks or so.

Your boy got 1 month off for Turkey, I only got a PTO for one week and the remaining 3 weeks is unpaid. Already got my flight ticket and :tits: is coming too.

Speaking of :tits: her mom and sister is visiting DC the following weekend after 4th of July. So I will get to meet them.

Going to asheville for 2 nights starting tomorrow, including taking the blue ridge parkway.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
SAWCE

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 5:17 pm I have yet again been mia on dfd for a span of 2 weeks or so.

Your boy got 1 month off for Turkey, I only got a PTO for one week and the remaining 3 weeks is unpaid. Already got my flight ticket and :tits: is coming too.

Speaking of :tits: her mom and sister is visiting DC the following weekend after 4th of July. So I will get to meet them.

Going to asheville for 2 nights starting tomorrow, including taking the blue ridge parkway.
Dang your company is generous.. most won’t let you take 3 weeks LWOP
SAWCE

Flying into vegas this weekend then driving down to Havasu to spend the 4th and a few days with Michelle’s bio-dad and his side of the family.. she had a Turo booked since even a few months back all the rental car companies were fully booked. Got an email from Turo last night that ours was cancelled due to a manufacturer recall on whatever car she had booked. Wild timing. I won’t be mad if we cancel the trip completely.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

SAWCE wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 9:51 am Flying into vegas this weekend then driving down to Havasu to spend the 4th and a few days with Michelle’s bio-dad and his side of the family.. she had a Turo booked since even a few months back all the rental car companies were fully booked. Got an email from Turo last night that ours was cancelled due to a manufacturer recall on whatever car she had booked. Wild timing. I won’t be mad if we cancel the trip completely.
Can’t you get a rental now? The “shortages” are long done with
ChrisoftheNorth

SAWCE wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 9:51 am Flying into vegas this weekend then driving down to Havasu to spend the 4th and a few days with Michelle’s bio-dad and his side of the family.. she had a Turo booked since even a few months back all the rental car companies were fully booked. Got an email from Turo last night that ours was cancelled due to a manufacturer recall on whatever car she had booked. Wild timing. I won’t be mad if we cancel the trip completely.
Man, Havasu for the 4th is gonna be :sweaty: AF.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Detroit wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 10:31 am
Time to strap that 12k unit to the rental
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 10:34 am
SAWCE

max225 wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 10:34 am
:lolol:
SAWCE

max225 wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 10:12 am
Can’t you get a rental now? The “shortages” are long done with
She was able to grab a cheaper car on Turo this morning :rage:

Not sure on rental car shortage, I think that weekend is just a busy one in Vegas. I looked at Costco’s travel site last night since they show most of the rental companies in the area and not a single one had a car available for the duration of the trip.
SAWCE

Dude, I am not stoked. Apparently their boat rental fell through :iono: or they more likely waited too long or just can’t afford it. So I’m hoping everyone is down to just blast the AC at the Airbnb. I wouldn’t go on the trip at all, but she’s working on repairing the relationship with bio-dad and wants to meet some of her nieces from one of the half-sisters she shared with him so I’m there for moral support.
ChrisoftheNorth

SAWCE wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 11:10 am
Dude, I am not stoked. Apparently their boat rental fell through :iono: or they more likely waited too long or just can’t afford it. So I’m hoping everyone is down to just blast the AC at the Airbnb. I wouldn’t go on the trip at all, but she’s working on repairing the relationship with bio-dad and wants to meet some of her nieces from one of the half-sisters she shared with him so I’m there for moral support.
Dang. Havasu without a boat is 100% :butwhy: I get meeting/hanging with family, but Sedona, Cottonwood, Jerome, Prescott, Kingman, St George, etc are all better options within a roughly similar distance from Vegas. Or, just stay in Vegas/Henderson. :iono:

I get it though, you're just going along for the ride and to be supportive. I'm sure it'll be fun in some way.
SAWCE

Detroit wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 11:17 am
SAWCE wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 11:10 am

Dang. Havasu without a boat is 100% :butwhy: I get meeting/hanging with family, but Sedona, Cottonwood, Jerome, Prescott, Kingman, St George, etc are all better options within a roughly similar distance from Vegas. Or, just stay in Vegas/Henderson. :iono:

I get it though, you're just going along for the ride and to be supportive. I'm sure it'll be fun in some way.
Yeah I’m pretty :butwhy: on the destination, but DGAF. As long as I can find a gym that’s open on the Fourth so I can go clear my head for a few hours I’ll be fine. Her dad is chill, just wants to smoke weed and drink beer. One of her uncles and cousins stayed a few days with us last fall, they’re cool too. Don’t really know the rest of them, but I’ll make the most of it.