D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

D Griff wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 12:54 pm @Mario, sounds like an awesome day!

Happy Father's Day and Juneteeth to all.

Weekend here was fun. Friyay night just chilled while :tits: went out with some friends. Saturday walked the :doge: , went to an Orangetheory class with Allison as she had a free bring a friend pass and wanted me to try it out (she's been going recently), played a game of disc golf with a friend, and finally went to a friend's wedding locally. Wedding was dry and we snuck in booze, but it wound up being rather fun (pics to follow). He is a big car nut and I kind of got him on the :poorvette: train so we did a bit of a photoshoot with it.

Yesterday got in a long group bike ride with a buddy, watched some TV on the patio, got dinner with my parents and niece.

We are leaving for Thailand Wednesday night :excited:

Struggling to GAF about work at the moment.
Great pics !

Where in thighland are you going ?
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Weekend here was fun. Friyay night just chilled while :tits: went out with some friends. Saturday walked the :doge: , went to an Orangetheory class with Allison as she had a free bring a friend pass and wanted me to try it out (she's been going recently), played a game of disc golf with a friend, and finally went to a friend's wedding locally. Wedding was dry and we snuck in booze, but it wound up being rather fun (pics to follow). He is a big car nut and I kind of got him on the :poorvette: train so we did a bit of a photoshoot with it.

Yesterday got in a long group bike ride with a buddy, watched some TV on the patio, got dinner with my parents and niece.

Orange Theory vs. Hitting the Gear and Pumping Iron with BroBrandon
Discuss.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

max225 wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 1:16 pm

Great pics !

Bangkok, Ayutthaya, Chiang Mai, Krabi, some islands, beaches, waterfalls, etc.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

D Griff wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 1:36 pm

Great pics !

Have fun out there. Careful with the locals, they have been tourist deprived for a bit and may be looking to scheme some money out y’all. Thailand is a land of contrasts.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Desertbreh wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 1:23 pm

Orange Theory vs. Hitting the Gear and Pumping Iron with BroBrandon
Discuss.
Orange Theory was honestly kind of fun. Not exactly my thing, I wouldn't be willing to pay the price for it but I can see why she likes the structure. I felt like it was a good workout with some solid cardio, weight training, and overall fitness. The coach was great - very high energy, remembered everyone's names, helped out with form and such.

I would love to bro out with Brandon and get huge :doe:

They had a body fat measuring machine at OT, so I did that which was kinda ;neat: 13%... :notbad: but I think up a little from last year. Gotta be more diligent about starving myself.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

max225 wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 1:38 pm

Have fun out there. Careful with the locals, they have been tourist deprived for a bit and may be looking to scheme some money out y’all. Thailand is a land of contrasts.
I've heard some crazy stories about the depths of the money grabbing schemes out there. How many times have you been?

We should be good as we have a local guide/group tour thing for the whole trip.

We will also spend a day in Helsinki on the way which should be :neat:
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 1:41 pm

I've heard some crazy stories about the depths of the money grabbing schemes out there. How many times have you been?

So the whole thing is like package priced?
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

D Griff wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 12:51 pm
SAWCE wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 10:25 am

I went once as a kid, and a couple of times in my teens doing Boy Scout stuff, but it’d likely been a full 20 years since the last time. Felt a little weird at first, but other than insisting on being first in our line my horse was generally responsive to my inputs and that helped me feel better.
:notbad: Did you trot or gallop at all? That hurt deez :balls: quite a bit.
You have to stand up a bit in the stirrups and absorb the :horse: 's motions with your knees to protect the :balls: when you trot or gallop.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
wap

Sounds like a 5/7 weekend.

I did some yardwork on Saturday. The weather was perfect - low 70's and very low humidity so it wasn't :sweaty: at all. Then the temps dropped to the upper 50's in the evening ( :wtf: ) so we lit a fire on the patio and watched The Hitman's Bodyguard, which was surprisingly :lolol: and enjoyable. Yesterday we went to a picnic in a park south of Chicago. Every year :tits: 's side of the family has a yuuge Father's Day picnic at the same park. One of her uncle's gets up before dawn every January 1st to get in line to get a permit to host at a particular pavilion in the park. There must be 40-50 people that show up every year. Much :meat: was grilled: skirt steaks, hot dogs, chicken, burgers, Polish sausage, Italian sausage, mushrooms, pork k-bobs, etc. Was in a :meat: coma for the rest of the day. :drool: :fatty:
wap

Great pics !

Oh wow. In4pics.
wap

Finland has been on our radar for a while. Interested in your opinion. It's a bit close to the hot war in that part of the planet for us to want to go there this year, :doe: :lol:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Desertbreh wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 2:06 pm

Yep, $1500 each. Nine hotel nights, two meals/day, most activities (boat tours, kayaking, climbing, hikes, temple tours, etc.), local transportation. We're pretty much just on the hook for the flights, one or so meal a day, booze, any other souvenirs or outings if we decide to break away from the group and do our own thing.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

wap wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 2:48 pm

Sounds like a 5/7 weekend.

I did some yardwork on Saturday. The weather was perfect - low 70's and very low humidity so it wasn't :sweaty: at all. Then the temps dropped to the upper 50's in the evening ( :wtf: ) so we lit a fire on the patio and watched The Hitman's Bodyguard, which was surprisingly :lolol: and enjoyable. Yesterday we went to a picnic in a park south of Chicago. Every year :tits: 's side of the family has a yuuge Father's Day picnic at the same park. One of her uncle's gets up before dawn every January 1st to get in line to get a permit to host at a particular pavilion in the park. There must be 40-50 people that show up every year. Much :meat: was grilled: skirt steaks, hot dogs, chicken, burgers, Polish sausage, Italian sausage, mushrooms, pork k-bobs, etc. Was in a :meat: coma for the rest of the day. :drool: :fatty:
:drool: Sounds 5/7!
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

wap wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 2:50 pm

Finland has been on our radar for a while. Interested in your opinion. It's a bit close to the hot war in that part of the planet for us to want to go there this year, :doe: :lol:
I don't think I would've planned it either, but it's just the way the flight works out. May as well enjoy the day rather than sit in the airport, it is something like a 14 hour layover.

Will certainly report back.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 3:33 pm

Yep, $1500 each. Nine hotel nights, two meals/day, most activities (boat tours, kayaking, climbing, hikes, temple tours, etc.), local transportation. We're pretty much just on the hook for the flights, one or so meal a day, booze, any other souvenirs or outings if we decide to break away from the group and do our own thing.
That's cheap.
wap

That's really :notbad: at all! :like:
wap

D Griff wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 3:34 pm
wap wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 2:50 pm

I don't think I would've planned it either, but it's just the way the flight works out. May as well enjoy the day rather than sit in the airport, it is something like a 14 hour layover.

Will certainly report back.
:popcorn:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Desertbreh wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 3:36 pm

That's cheap.
It is indeed :notbad: I love not having to plan too much/stress about getting around in a country that uses a different alphabet.

The flights were pricey but :ohwell:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

That sounds like a great weekend, love poorvette photo shoot :D

Thailand sounds :megusta: , at least my perception of it anyways. 5/7 would visit Thailand and probably want to see Vietnam as well. :jelly:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Tar wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 7:00 pm

Thailand sounds :megusta: , at least my perception of it anyways. 5/7 would visit Thailand and probably want to see Vietnam as well. :jelly:
Would love to see Vietnam and also Japan but sadly work only allows for so much time off.

Work is :disgust:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

D Griff wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 8:46 am
Tar wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 7:00 pm

Would love to see Vietnam and also Japan but sadly work only allows for so much time off.

:dat: on the bolded, I just don't see any way out in the short term. At least my work is interesting to me and I'm appreciated by everyone except my direct supervisor, so that's a win.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Tar wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 9:37 am
D Griff wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 8:46 am

:dat: on the bolded, I just don't see any way out in the short term. At least my work is interesting to me and I'm appreciated by everyone except my direct supervisor, so that's a win.
Mine is truly :notbad: as well. Yesterday I had one of those days where I just thought about working in sales for the next 30-40 years and it just kind of made me sick. We had a training Teams meeting where several Directors shared stories about the field and it was just this massive corporate circle jerk :dill: ... It really made me :sad: about the thought of playing the corporate :bs: game for most of the rest of my life.

:ohwell: this gig is fairly easy and fun at times.
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

Damn.. missed a deadline at work :yikes: thought it was 6/27, but it was 6/17. I have everything all ready to go this morning so hopefully being one business day late isn’t the end of the world, but I’m sure I’ll get my ass chewed at least a little.
wap

SAWCE wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 11:22 am Damn.. missed a deadline at work :yikes: thought it was 6/27, but it was 6/17. I have everything all ready to go this morning so hopefully being one business day late isn’t the end of the world, but I’m sure I’ll get my ass chewed at least a little.
Dang. That sucks. I hate when I make a preventable mistake like that. Hopefully you won't get shat on too much.