Have you been diagnosed with covid ? (Self test or lab)

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!

Have you had a Covid diagnosis ?

No
69%
Yes
31%

Total votes: 13
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Curious to see if anyone hasn’t had it yet.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

:tits: and I haven't gotten it yet. We were at a wedding in April that became a super spreader event as about a dozen people ended up getting it but we didn't. I self-tested and it came up negative. I haven't been sick with anything in 3 years (knock :woodplow: ). :tits: came down with something a few weeks ago and her self-test also came back negative so we remain 'VID free, for now.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Omicron in Dec, medically reported and again recently. People we spoke with that shared in this last spreader event have positive PCR tests but my family kept displaying negative results even though we had the same symptoms as those that tested positive.

It's really such an overblown theater if you ask me.
max225

I was just curious around if anyone stayed away … didn’t want to make any other commentary around it. 8/10 of my friends had it
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 11:00 am I was just curious around if anyone stayed away … didn’t want to make any other commentary around it. 8/10 of my friends had it
Well you got two LOL
max225

Tar wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 11:22 am
max225 wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 11:00 am I was just curious around if anyone stayed away … didn’t want to make any other commentary around it. 8/10 of my friends had it
Well you got two LOL
One is me 😂
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

I had the Vid in January 2022, Oma no doubt. My only comment is that PCR tests were positive, home tests were all negative. E.g. home testing utterly worthless to stop VID spread in my case.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

Just tested positive this morning. :ayfkm: We were around my SIL on Sunday, who started feeling ill, left the little family gathering, got home and tested positive.

My sinuses feel a bit dry/inflamed, but otherwise I feel fine, but of course this means we have no childcare for the remainder of the week. :pout:
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

Michelle and I both popped hot in Dec’ 2020. Unsure where one of us picked it up. I believe I’ve shared the story of how we learned we had it, and the impeccable timing on my part for when the symptoms set in, but if not, I’ll happily waste some .gov money and type it up.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

coogles wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 12:10 pm Just tested positive this morning. :ayfkm: We were around my SIL on Sunday, who started feeling ill, left the little family gathering, got home and tested positive.

My sinuses feel a bit dry/inflamed, but otherwise I feel fine, but of course this means we have no childcare for the remainder of the week. :pout:
Families with little kids get absolutely ransacked with this :bs:
datgrundle
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Tits and ass to the DFD

I’ve tested positive twice. Once when it first arrived and was terribly sick for a week. Next round I tested because my wife showed symptoms, I was fine but positive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Tar wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 12:15 pm
coogles wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 12:10 pm Just tested positive this morning. :ayfkm: We were around my SIL on Sunday, who started feeling ill, left the little family gathering, got home and tested positive.

Nooooooo doubt. It's impossible to be even remotely engaged with work while taking care of a nearly 4 year old and 2 year old twins. I'll get up to a couple hours now that it's nap time, and that's probably it.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

coogles wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 12:39 pm
Tar wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 12:15 pm

Nooooooo doubt. It's impossible to be even remotely engaged with work while taking care of a nearly 4 year old and 2 year old twins. I'll get up to a couple hours now that it's nap time, and that's probably it.
I feel you, missed my annual corp accounting deadline which will cost me some interest and penalties, but it's the cost of nursing my sick kiddos back to health while recovering myself.

No backing out now.
Huckleberry
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 2004 GTO

I was recently reading that they are looking for people who haven't been infected yet for studies on how/why those people have been able to evade infection.
Glans Hustaf
Spinbait
Spinbait
Drives: Nothing Impressive

Haven’t tested positive, but had 90% of the symptoms earlier this month, and it really knocked me back.

Night sweats, coughing, fever, chills, congestion, runny nose. Not fun.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Huckleberry wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 12:51 pm I was recently reading that they are looking for people who haven't been infected yet for studies on how/why those people have been able to evade infection.
I feel like my dad has been one of these people. He's been absolutely 0fg about COVID since the start, singing in the church choir, doing his Friday night outing with his buddies each week, almost never masking, etc. He did get triple vaxxed but he never wanted to let the thing run his life, which in a way I totally understand. And yeah somehow he's avoided it entirely. :iono:
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

We have not tested positive yet. We are being cautious for the little one's sake. And Lisa's parents are both high risk but quad vaxxed so :iono: I'm ready to start living my life again but whatever.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

We're all finally masks off, and it really just delays a plethora of viruses that took a back seat for two years. We're catching up by getting one of every kind of cold/virus/vid/etc. It's no fun, but the only way we're going to get out of this mess IMO, gotta let the immune system do it's thing.
max225

I’m surprised to see the high number of no’s
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Officially, no, so I voted no.

I'm pretty sure I got it though. Wife got it and tested positive. I proceeded to get sick about a week later with the exact symptoms but tested negative three times during it. I only used at home tests, FWIW.
max225

D Griff wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 2:07 pm Officially, no, so I voted no.

I'm pretty sure I got it though. Wife got it and tested positive. I proceeded to get sick about a week later with the exact symptoms but tested negative three times during it. I only used at home tests, FWIW.
That’s fair. Curious about official results. I was sick one time in the last two years with all of the symptoms (except taste) but lab and at home said :nope: so no it is.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

I don't think the home tests are reliable at all, so those are two extra yes'ths IMO
Huckleberry
Drives: 2004 GTO

I've been a close contact a number of times, including being with a guy in a room for an hour or so at the end of the day who called in sick the very next morning and tested positive. So far, no symptoms and no positive results, at-home or PCR.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

I have been tested 6 times, especially for mandatory travel purposes. Always have been negative. However, i may have gone through omicron, cause at the time when I was working at a trade show, one of the people i worked with got covid. The next day, I woke up with the most driest throat i ever had in my life. So I assumed that I may have it, even though the self test has said it otherwise
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Tar wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 12:46 pm
coogles wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 12:39 pm

I feel you, missed my annual corp accounting deadline which will cost me some interest and penalties, but it's the cost of nursing my sick kiddos back to health while recovering myself.

No backing out now.
Trade in value has tanked.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.