The Turkish Delight's Hotel and Hospitality industry Shenanigans

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

Hey y'all, as discussed in OT. I decided to make a separate thread of the things I have experienced now that I work Front Desk as a hotel. As most of y'all know, I also do tour operations and work with business travel groups as well, which does also involve communicating with sales managers and coordinators of hotels for their reservations.

I'll began by what happened in a span of last week. I was working every morning shift from last thursday to last monday.

The teaser that I mentioned involving with the police.

On Saturday Morning,
I walked in around 6:30 AM, when night auditor and I exchange shifts (who also works front desk and get along well), she was dealing with calls and lot of other people seemed to be pissed. Reason why, is because a :bobble: was actually physically abusing the wife, beating her up (I didn't realize until later it got settled down).

One of the room neighbors has showed me evidence. He was arguing with the guy back and forth. Even when he called me, I can hear him yelling at him from the background. I gave his room a call and told him, sir you need to leave the property as soon as possible. That was before the AGM showed, which I was planning on having a discussion with her regarding about that guest, and to see if it's ok to kick him out of our property. Then he called me in a calm voice and telling me we're checking out, not a single apology or any sort of remorse. At that point, I have no complaints which made me indicate that they actually left.

However, when the housekeeping supervisor told me he's still in the room and very rude. I have called the fucker back and he pissed me off, because he lied to me and was such as an asshole. On top of that, after I told him off on the phone and raised my voice cause I was really :rage: at that point, sir you either need to leave the property in 30 minutes or I will call the police, I will check your room by then, those are the only 2 options you can have at this point. Then not even 5 minutes, I got a call back from his wife or girlfriend, and she's defending her husband :dafuq: . Told me the TV is too loud, which is classic bullshit. Hence I told her, ma'am, you don't need to tell me anything as I already have more than enough complaints based on what happened, followed by do you guys have any idea how many calls I've got because of your husband, you guys only have 2 choices, either leave the hotel or I will call the police. Then tells me he has another reservation. Then I told her, ma'am your husband is no longer allowed on our property. So please, either leave or I will have the police do that for him. They didn't comply, so I called the police on that fucker. Also I called one of his neighbors who has the evidence to come down since he's also working remotely in his hotel room as well.

Turns out, that guest has a warrant for his arrest for the same shit he did this morning, so off the handcuffs he goes. The poor lady, who has some scratches and bruises has to take a lyft to her friend. Still kept on defending that he's a good guy, etc, etc. In some ways I'm glad the dude stayed so that I called :narc: and saved that lady's life. I really hope she won't go back to him.

Also people like him is the reason why I don't like some of the men from my country, none of my friends in Turkey are like that and even if they are, they ain't my friends even in the slightest the minute I find out. Based on a more conservative cultural matters in the middle east. That poor lady was fully dependent on him. :sad:

_____

I believe couple days before, this one guy called the hotel to see if this one guest has a reservation to check in today. Turns out she has. I always ask who am I speaking with and how are you guys related, he told me he's her boyfriend and wanted to surprise her. The guy later showed up with gift baskets along with a letter. I felt some simp/fuckboi like vibes from him. I try to be open minded about it and not question him for more, so I ok'd my way. Then about 30 mins later, when I already booked her a room. I left the baskets on top of the bed of the said room.

About an hour or 2 later, I got a call from her girlfriend to cancel her reservation, so I pretty much knew whats going on at that point. I waited until end of my shift in case if she changes her mind, so since I got no update since then, I removed them from the room and put it in our lost and found. Fast forward the next morning, which was Friday. I got the call from the gentlemen to see if she checked in, and I told him that she cancelled her reservation. Then he asked me to call the other hotels to see if she's there, but I proceeded to tell him unfortunately for legal purpose I am not allowed to ask that on your behalf. His dad then called to pick up the baskets, while I handed it to him, I saw a face of :disappoint: So it seems like that effort has gone to waste. :sad:

____

The day after the domestic dispute, 2 major things happened. Another one of the front desk members who also works as a night auditor. That poor lady, whose Phillipino and widowed ( currently 62) had to cover one of the night audit's who didn't show up without even a call. So she had to wake up super early in the morning. Around 2:30 AM, to cover his irresponsible ass. He only works every sunday morning and I heard nothing but bad, rude things from guests and coworkers. That asshole also costed me 2 more hours because the lady who covered him was tired from it, since I had little to no plans, I didn't mind for couple hours. She was pissed, so I helped out with couple simple things she has to do by the end of the audit shift, which I have access to and prepare coffee in the lobby, etc. I am told he may subject to be fired. Will find out tomorrow.

Around 8 AM, when people are going to have breakfast. I got a call from an elevator where they got stuck, so I had to call the local non-emergency number which sent the local fire department come to our hotel. The issue was the door that barely opened. The outer door is halfway open, the inner layer only opened about an half an inch and I can see the inside and the people being in there. Turns out it was a door lockout issue on the first floor.

____

That's about it for me folks. I have more to come that's fairly recent too.
Hope y'all enjoyed your :beer: and :popcorn:
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

OUTSTANDING CONTENT. KEEP IT COMING.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Was the beaten up chick hot?
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Desertbreh wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 12:48 pm OUTSTANDING CONTENT. KEEP IT COMING.
:dat:

Such derpery
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Cool stories, i :like: and :follow:
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 1:15 pm Was the beaten up chick hot?
She's about 7 so :notbad: has dat light skin :mahtroy: skin with a blend of habibti
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
max225

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 2:19 pm
max225 wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 1:15 pm Was the beaten up chick hot?
She's about 7 so :notbad: has dat light skin :mahtroy: skin with a blend of habibti
Goes to show you how to treat women 🫠 . It’s insane how poorly some are treated and keep crawling back. One of my manwhore dude friends does some insane shit and there is never a shortage of shortys
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

In 4 story time
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 2:34 pm
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 2:19 pm

Goes to show you how to treat women 🫠 . It’s insane how poorly some are treated and keep crawling back. One of my manwhore dude friends does some insane shit and there is never a shortage of shortys
Go on......
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
max225

Desertbreh wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 3:28 pm
max225 wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 2:34 pm

Go on......
Um dude was slaying this pretty attractive gal here from sf and she tried to make it work by flying to see him every other week in Austin. Little did she know she was an epic rebound and he’d post up stories of multiple women at his condo … drunk and out at 2am … she asked to have that shit taken down and he told her off…
She kept trying for another 3 weeks and even went to visit …. But he broke it off half way through her being there and kicked her out and she had to stay with friends.

Gal is 38, no kids, conservative, pulls in 300 or so and generally seems like a solid 7 in looks for her age.

By all means a catch … but my dude is now fucking a 22 year old that he is about to cheat on as well. He gives no fucks
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 3:47 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 3:28 pm

Go on......
Um dude was slaying this pretty attractive gal here from sf and she tried to make it work by flying to see him every other week in Austin. Little did she know she was an epic rebound and he’d post up stories of multiple women at his condo … drunk and out at 2am … she asked to have that shit taken down and he told her off…
She kept trying for another 3 weeks and even went to visit …. But he broke it off half way through her being there and kicked her out and she had to stay with friends.

Gal is 38, no kids, conservative, pulls in 300 or so and generally seems like a solid 7 in looks for her age.

By all means a catch … but my dude is now fucking a 22 year old that he is about to cheat on as well. He gives no fucks
Huh
max225

Desertbreh wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 3:52 pm
max225 wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 3:47 pm

Huh
We’re talking about treating women like shit and then kicking them out in the middle of the night, no?
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 3:53 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 3:52 pm

Huh
We’re talking about treating women like shit and then kicking them out in the middle of the night, no?
No, I mean huh your boy should learn some manners not huh I don't understand your story. You can be a raging poonslayer and hang out with like minded women all you want, I am :like: on that.
I don't know why you need to veer into the nice person lane while you're at it :doe:
max225

Desertbreh wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 3:56 pm
max225 wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 3:53 pm

No, I mean huh your boy should learn some manners not huh I don't understand your story. You can be a raging poonslayer and hang out with like minded women all you want, I am :like: on that.
I don't know why you need to veer into the nice person lane while you're at it :doe:
10-4. He just doesn’t care … nice, mean, stripper, bartender… the are no fucks.

Also he is kind of a car guy and drives a first gen manuel gayman
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

My BF is single and dating through numerous apps. His profile insinuates that he's a great "cuddler" and looking for casual hook ups/no relationships. He constantly manages a three woman weekly rotation with very little effort. Might be his looks :doe:

Point is, slaying poon is very easy in your 40s
max225

Tar wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 9:32 pm My BF is single and dating through numerous apps. His profile insinuates that he's a great "cuddler" and looking for casual hook ups/no relationships. He constantly manages a three woman weekly rotation with very little effort. Might be his looks :doe:

May have something to do with the lockdown too… everyone was holed up… now time to get hoed up
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 11:55 pm
Tar wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 9:32 pm My BF is single and dating through numerous apps. His profile insinuates that he's a great "cuddler" and looking for casual hook ups/no relationships. He constantly manages a three woman weekly rotation with very little effort. Might be his looks :doe:

May have something to do with the lockdown too… everyone was holed up… now time to get hoed up
I agree with this sentiment. Great time to be single!
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Tar wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 5:27 am
max225 wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 11:55 pm

I agree with this sentiment. Great time to be single!
One of many.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

As posted in the OT, I worked 16 hours straight yesterday as someone didn't show up for the pm shift, so I had to cover for her. She was in urgent care as it turns out and had meds that made her overslept, she was physically unable to work.

Anyway. We've been having issues with this one guest whose staying with us for 4 months now. Approximately right before I started working there. Things were ok until recently. Then once the interim GM decided to be more serious to prevent some chaos, they were being fucking karens about it. They look like they grew up in a trailer park, tattoed blondie with a :mahtroy: husband, always wearing a wrinkly pink sundress with torn flip flips and so on. She didn't seem to like the approach that we did, also the reason why they're staying with us is because they got evicted cause they were hella irresponsible with their money, they showed up with a Lexus IS appears to look like 2018 that has dents everywhere. (I mean fuck, I might as well get a g80 m3 then :lol: )They were so pissed that they not only demanded refund for their last weeks stay, and they used 5 luggage cart runs worth of wet boxes. Oh and it gets better, since we had couple of housekeeper members and the supervisor had to suddenly have time off (one of which has a family member passed away and had to go to Cambodia for a week).

The other day, I checked their room for departures, which means to see if people have checked out on the intended day so I can mark it as vacant dirty. My oh my, the bed sheets has burnt cigarette holes, and the smoking smell was just unbearable, they left the window open. Broken the remote control. :disgust: it was ridiculously bad. Then yesterday, the cleaners said they took care of everything of that particular room. Assuming the smoke smell is gone. However, when I checked in a Platinum member, mind you it was the last studio room available. When he came back, he proceeded to ask me that is it a smoking room, at the time I thought it was one of those rooms until a minute later I realized it was that room, so needless to say, I had to upgrade him to a studio. Also charged $300 smoking fee for their irresponsible ass and denied refund. I spoke with the GM on the phone this morning about this as today is my day off. Fuck those people, disrespectfully, I'm glad they're fucking gone.

Also we have a :mahtroy: who essentially lives in the hotel, he pays $1,200 a week every monday and always pays cash. The management has agreed upon for cash payment as long as he pays in full every monday.

Oh and yesterday morning, @wap, we have greek guests staying with us for three weeks, the wife yelled at one of our members cause it is that front desk member that was being lazy. I pulled the guy in a different part of the hotel outside of the front desk, he knew I was from constantinople, and told him I have relatives live in athens. He was born in Athens too but moved to US at a young age. I simply told him, between you and us, some members here are malakas. Their heads don't work like we do and they see that as normal. Because when I catered turkish business travelers, I always get "the hotel staff in the US are stupid", and I try my best to not to be the example of that. I told him the right time to request certain things to make them less inconvenient as possible, and just ask me, told my scheduled hours, etc. Things are 5/7 so to speak.
Last edited by MexicanYarisTK on Tue Jun 07, 2022 1:24 pm, edited 3 times in total.
max225

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 1:12 pm As posted in the OT, I worked 16 hours straight yesterday as someone didn't show up for the pm shift, so I had to cover for her. She was in urgent care as it turns out and had meds that made her overslept, she was physically unable to work.

Anyway. We've been having issues with this one guest whose staying with us for 4 months now. Approximately right before I started working there. Things were ok until recently. Then once the interim GM decided to be more serious to prevent some chaos, they were being fucking karens about it. They look like they grew up in a trailer park, tattoed blondie with a :mahtroy: husband, always wearing a wrinkly pink sundress with torn flip flips and so on. She didn't seem to like the approach that we did, also the reason why they're staying with us is because they got evicted cause they were hella irresponsible with their money, they showed up with a Lexus IS appears to look like 2018 that has dents everywhere. They were so pissed that they not only demanded refund for their last weeks stay, and they used 5 luggage cart runs worth of wet boxes. Oh and it gets better, since we had couple of housekeeper members and the supervisor had to suddenly have time off (one of which has a family member passed away and had to go to Cambodia for a week).

The other day, I checked their room for departures, which means to see if people have checked out on the intended day so I can mark it as vacant dirty. My oh my, the bed sheets has burnt cigarette holes, and the smoking smell was just unbearable, they left the window open. Broken the remote control. :disgust: it was ridiculously bad. Then yesterday, the cleaners said they took care of everything of that particular room. Assuming the smoke smell is gone. However, when I checked in a Platinum member, mind you it was the last studio room available. When he came back, he proceeded to ask me that is it a smoking room, at the time I thought it was one of those rooms until a minute later I realized it was that room, so needless to say, I had to upgrade him to a studio. Also charged $300 smoking fee for their irresponsible ass and denied refund. I spoke with the GM on the phone this morning about this as today is my day off. Fuck those people, disrespectfully, I'm glad they're fucking gone.

Also we have a :mahtroy: who essentially lives in the hotel, he pays $1,200 a week every monday and always pays cash. The management has agreed upon for cash payment as long as he pays in full every monday.
What's a "wet box" ?Also which hotel is this... just curious about brand no need to list address on anything. Someone is staying in a hotel for 4 months?!
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 1:17 pm
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 1:12 pm As posted in the OT, I worked 16 hours straight yesterday as someone didn't show up for the pm shift, so I had to cover for her. She was in urgent care as it turns out and had meds that made her overslept, she was physically unable to work.

Anyway. We've been having issues with this one guest whose staying with us for 4 months now. Approximately right before I started working there. Things were ok until recently. Then once the interim GM decided to be more serious to prevent some chaos, they were being fucking karens about it. They look like they grew up in a trailer park, tattoed blondie with a :mahtroy: husband, always wearing a wrinkly pink sundress with torn flip flips and so on. She didn't seem to like the approach that we did, also the reason why they're staying with us is because they got evicted cause they were hella irresponsible with their money, they showed up with a Lexus IS appears to look like 2018 that has dents everywhere. They were so pissed that they not only demanded refund for their last weeks stay, and they used 5 luggage cart runs worth of wet boxes. Oh and it gets better, since we had couple of housekeeper members and the supervisor had to suddenly have time off (one of which has a family member passed away and had to go to Cambodia for a week).

What's a "wet box" ?Also which hotel is this... just curious about brand no need to list address on anything. Someone is staying in a hotel for 4 months?!
Towneplace suites Marriott, its a 3 star extended stay. Wet box is those trashy guests boxes of their belongings. Luckily they're one of the few.
max225

Dude... it sounds like there is some hookering and "dealing" going on in that hotel. Do randoms come and go all the time?

Still unclear on wet box :lol:
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

I swear sometimes I wish this is in Turkey, so I can physically allow to push people out of the hotel. I was that :rage: and I have no sympathy for their irresponsible spending behaviors let alone than trashing things they can barely afford, I hope their Lexus gets repossessed, which people are probably trying to hunt it down anyway.
Last edited by MexicanYarisTK on Tue Jun 07, 2022 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 1:24 pm Dude... it sounds like there is some hookering and "dealing" going on in that hotel. Do randoms come and go all the time?

I was on my rant mode, basically part of their moving boxes have gotten wet to say the least, maybe they threw their wet laundry or whatever the fuck they're doing. That room was pretty much trashed.

Speaking of which, the hotel did have those issues a couple years ago with hookers where people check-in just to :dock: I never yet seen one now so far, knock on wood.
max225

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 1:32 pm
max225 wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 1:24 pm Dude... it sounds like there is some hookering and "dealing" going on in that hotel. Do randoms come and go all the time?

I was on my rant mode, basically part of their moving boxes have gotten wet to say the least, maybe they threw their wet laundry or whatever the fuck they're doing. That room was pretty much trashed.

Speaking of which, the hotel did have those issues a couple years ago with hookers where people check-in just to :dock: I never yet seen one now so far, knock on wood.
:disgust: people "moving" into a hotel is pretty wild to me. I know some people stay for longer periods of time but it seems :wrong: to stay somewhere like that for weeks+ Unless there is some total loss to a house or something.