So I took my Love/Hate relationship to Skyline Drive

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

Yes that's right, the mexican yaris that i'm debating to dump soon and driving it up there has brought me new thoughts. So my family, her friends and family friends rented a log cabin in Shenandoah right by the mountains, just a weekend gathering. I went with separate cars due to work schedule and other things, so I don't have to wait for my parents sweet time to carpool.

This seased the opportunity to take my GTI to see what that car was meant to be. It's great on twisties and blah blah, could've been better with different cars and temperature, which I did not have much confidence in for my tires (michelin pilot as3) and it was below 30 degrees, so tires were like bricks. I got up to I believe was 1,100 meters (didn't drive the whole way, as I spend just over an hour). Love the gorgeous views and got up at 4-5 pm, so I can see the her beautiful sunset while i'm at it.

Here some pics from the ancient iPhone 6 and HDR.

*Please ignore the bumper dent, will take care of it when spring comes around.

Dat driveway

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Dang, that looks epic.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Great pics!

Also is your car lowered?
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Nice pics. That is a beautiful drive. We did it this past June and the scenery was gorgeous.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Nice pics man, the Mexican Tacos is looking good!

MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

maxtdi wrote:Great pics!

Also is your car lowered?
Thanks mang!
VWR Springs and 15mm spacers all around.

Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Only problem is the speed limit is 35, which I think is ridicilous, considering the routes i took to get to the log cabin were 55 that aren't exactly straightaways. But never the less, I bombed corners at 50-60 with sport mode. Obviously the road does get quite hairy if you don't do backroad runs from time to time.

5/7 would do again, probably during spring.

MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

[user not found] wrote:
MexicanYarisTK wrote:Only problem is the speed limit is 35, which I think is ridicilous, considering the routes i took to get to the log cabin were 55 that aren't exactly straightaways. But never the less, I bombed corners at 50-60 with sport mode. Obviously the road does get quite hairy if you don't do backroad runs from time to time.

5/7 would do again, probably during spring.

Probably had a clear road to play :stig: on - Skyline Drive gets jammed in the warmer months.

Gorgeous views, doe.
even so, i did manage to get stuck with couple slowpokes, fortunately, it short lasted, cause there's lots of stops. It was basically like Matt Farah one takes when it comes to situations.

I also love the country drive, never had this much relaxing of driving after commuting in this shithole I call home.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

[user not found] wrote:
MexicanYarisTK wrote:
even so, i did manage to get stuck with couple slowpokes, fortunately, it short lasted, cause there's lots of stops. It was basically like Matt Farah one takes when it comes to situations.

I also love the country drive, never had this much relaxing of driving after commuting in this shithole I call home.
Yeah I couldn't live in the DC area and try to enjoy driving.

:nope:
It's still a good thing I live practically in the suburbs of it, and occasionally uber there half the time I actually go to the city.
dtraill27
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 17 Mazda 6

Nice pics, I just rolled through 64/81 in that area on my way home from SC to avoid the DC traffic
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

dtraill27 wrote:Nice pics, I just rolled through 64/81 in that area on my way home from SC to avoid the DC traffic
Good call, the roads and views are nicer there than on 95 and the like, but with EZ pass, you can still "avoid" and fly right through 495/95 in ez pass sections, but some drivers on that section can be irritating as fuck as well as they drive below the posted 65 on Beltway :rolleyes: . The country roads are also decently fun to drive and with higher speed limits, driving there is a much relaxing experience.

dtraill27
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 17 Mazda 6

Yeah I was gonna hit DC right at 5 so I noped out of that. Got stuck behind so many truckers hogging the left lane though but at least it was moving