DYELB: The Gainz Train

Health, fitness, and nutrition freaks, lets see those gainz.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 10:01 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:35 pm

That's barbell work brah.
Haha I realized that after my last post stated I basically don’t do any barbell work. It’s one of two barbell movements I do, and both are on back day lulz. I guess I do a third of you count EZ bar curls on arm day.
So you just bagged full deadlifts in favor of the rack version?
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 10:12 am
SAWCE wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 10:01 pm

Haha I realized that after my last post stated I basically don’t do any barbell work. It’s one of two barbell movements I do, and both are on back day lulz. I guess I do a third of you count EZ bar curls on arm day.
Yeah my coach started programming the rack version in for my instead. I was hitting legs twice a week, and doing deads off the floor was even more volume for legs and more CNS fatigue, so we took the leg drive out and just use the top half of the movement to work my back more.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 11:37 am
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 10:12 am

Yeah my coach started programming the rack version in for my instead. I was hitting legs twice a week, and doing deads off the floor was even more volume for legs and more CNS fatigue, so we took the leg drive out and just use the top half of the movement to work my back more.
It gets even worse when you are old AF like me. I started throwing in a bunch of those Nordic hamstring Curls into my leg workout. The good of it is that they have me excited about leg day again because I am seeing hammy muscle develop where not previouly present, muscle development that is a lifetime high is a rarity for old dudes who are still hanging on to memories of their 150 lb. overhead press when they were 29 which is not going to happen again without the gear. Anyway I figured bigger hammys may help my deadlift, but right now they are still so worked over from leg day that they hampering my pulls big time.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
SAWCE

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 1:24 pm

It gets even worse when you are old AF like me. I started throwing in a bunch of those Nordic hamstring Curls into my leg workout. The good of it is that they have me excited about leg day again because I am seeing hammy muscle develop where not previouly present, muscle development that is a lifetime high is a rarity for old dudes who are still hanging on to memories of their 150 lb. overhead press when they were 29 which is not going to happen again without the gear. Anyway I figured bigger hammys may help my deadlift, but right now they are still so worked over from leg day that they hampering my pulls big time.
Those Nordic curls are fucking brutal. Good for you for adding them in. One day I won’t be a bitch and I’ll follow suite with you and LegMaster Coog
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 1:42 pm

Those Nordic curls are fucking brutal. Good for you for adding them in. One day I won’t be a bitch and I’ll follow suite with you and LegMaster Coog
I use a band to keep from smashing my face, obvi, but maybe some day I'll freestyle one.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

Nordics. :fuckyeah: I just hit my first unassisted, dead stop rep yesterday. :fuckyeah: :fuckyeah:

My legs are gettin' kinda ridiculous relative to my upper body. :lol:
SAWCE

Forgot to update. Got 9 reps with the 495 :fuckyeah: got a video of it. I’ll try uploading later.
SAWCE

Probably should have trimmed some more off the start and end, but if you feel like wasting a minute of your life, here she is.

SAWCE

Years ago a few buddies did a deadlift challenge.. AMRAP with 315 in 30 minutes. They’ve been bugging me to finally do it, so I’m going to do that as my back workout today. They both got 78 reps. Goal is to beat that, I want 90-100 reps. I’m going to try 3 reps EMOM and hope that I’m not too dead in that last 10 minute stretch so I can see about doing 4 for those last 10 sets to hit the 100 reps.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

SAWCE wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 10:05 am Years ago a few buddies did a deadlift challenge.. AMRAP with 315 in 30 minutes. They’ve been bugging me to finally do it, so I’m going to do that as my back workout today. They both got 78 reps. Goal is to beat that, I want 90-100 reps. I’m going to try 3 reps EMOM and hope that I’m not too dead in that last 10 minute stretch so I can see about doing 4 for those last 10 sets to hit the 100 reps.
:nice:

That will be a hell of a workout, I imagine I'd be sore AF after that (or something similar, I don't think I can even pull 315 once now). Maybe I'll try it with 225 sometime for shits and gigs. Don't fuck up your back :doe:
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 10:42 am
SAWCE wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 10:05 am Years ago a few buddies did a deadlift challenge.. AMRAP with 315 in 30 minutes. They’ve been bugging me to finally do it, so I’m going to do that as my back workout today. They both got 78 reps. Goal is to beat that, I want 90-100 reps. I’m going to try 3 reps EMOM and hope that I’m not too dead in that last 10 minute stretch so I can see about doing 4 for those last 10 sets to hit the 100 reps.

That will be a hell of a workout, I imagine I'd be sore AF after that (or something similar, I don't think I can even pull 315 once now). Maybe I'll try it with 225 sometime for shits and gigs. Don't fuck up your back :doe:
:dat:
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

LOL. 315 is sort of my holy grail. Sometimes I can sometimes I can't. 90 reps is uh, out of the question.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 11:26 am

LOL. 315 is sort of my holy grail. Sometimes I can sometimes I can't. 90 reps is uh, out of the question.
I pulled 405 once and that was around the same time I fucked up my back dead lifting (not the 405 pull funny enough, I think the time it got jacked was like 335X3). I was also a lot fatter in that time :lolol: Meh, I'm happy with being able to pull low twos about 10 times now and don't see myself going heavier really.
SAWCE

Yeah I’m not sure I’ll have the endurance to keep up the pace for my 90-100 rep goal, but I’m thinking I should be able to knock three reps out in 10-12 seconds fairly easily, so I’ll get to rest for 50ish seconds at a time. Hopefully between that and the mixture I drink during my workouts to keep me going I’ll be fine. As long as I beat their 78 :lol:
SAWCE

97 reps. Hit 3s for every set. Gave myself a little extra rest before the last one and just went until the time ran out. Got 10 reps. So close to the 100. Should have started that last set 15 seconds earlier or cheated and went past the 30 minute mark to say I got 100 reps.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 8:48 pm 97 reps. Hit 3s for every set. Gave myself a little extra rest before the last one and just went until the time ran out. Got 10 reps. So close to the 100. Should have started that last set 15 seconds earlier or cheated and went past the 30 minute mark to say I got 100 reps.
:impressive:

Nice job dude!
SAWCE

coogles wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 9:05 pm
SAWCE wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 8:48 pm 97 reps. Hit 3s for every set. Gave myself a little extra rest before the last one and just went until the time ran out. Got 10 reps. So close to the 100. Should have started that last set 15 seconds earlier or cheated and went past the 30 minute mark to say I got 100 reps.

Nice job dude!
Thanks man! My traps are already sore :lol: they might get left out of shoulder training tomorrow.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

SAWCE wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 9:15 pm
coogles wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 9:05 pm

Nice job dude!
Thanks man! My traps are already sore :lol: they might get left out of shoulder training tomorrow.
:impressive: I’m looking forward to hearing about the aftermath of soreness from this :lolol:

I wonder if there’s a strategy to going higher, maybe doing four reps instead of three every third set or something? How hard was it knocking three out once you were 20 sets in?
SAWCE

D Griff wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 3:31 am
SAWCE wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 9:15 pm

:impressive: I’m looking forward to hearing about the aftermath of soreness from this :lolol:

I wonder if there’s a strategy to going higher, maybe doing four reps instead of three every third set or something? How hard was it knocking three out once you were 20 sets in?
Lower back is a little sore/tight, and some soreness in my traps, but overall I feel surprisingly :notbad:

I was actually thinking a set of 10 every 3 minutes might be the way to go. If I ever hate myself enough to try this again I’m going to go that route.

Dude, I wanted to stop after set 10. Set 20 and beyond the only reason I kept going was to save face from telling my friends who had already completed it that I bitched out. I’ve never been as sweaty as I was at the end of this. I sat in a chair for five minutes after and my Fitbit said my HR at the end of the five minutes was 154. Didn’t think to look at what it was when I first finished.

SAWCE

Just checked the data in the app, looks like I peaked at 164 BPM and stayed there for a few minutes.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

You are jacked bro.
SAWCE

Desertbreh wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 9:23 am
You are jacked bro.
Thank you sir! Stubborn too! :lolol:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Desertbreh wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 9:23 am
You are jacked bro.
:dat:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

SAWCE wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 8:51 am Just checked the data in the app, looks like I peaked at 164 BPM and stayed there for a few minutes.
I find that DL gets my HR up more than pretty much any other lifting movement, you were probably chillin' up in that area for most of the time. Although at only three reps per set it likely took 5-10 sets to get elevated.

Wild that it stayed up at 154 after five minutes of rest. I can be hammering on the bike/running and hanging out at like 165-175 and it drops down to a hunnit in maybe two minutes or less.
SAWCE

D Griff wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 9:43 am
SAWCE wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 8:51 am Just checked the data in the app, looks like I peaked at 164 BPM and stayed there for a few minutes.
I find that DL gets my HR up more than pretty much any other lifting movement, you were probably chillin' up in that area for most of the time. Although at only three reps per set it likely took 5-10 sets to get elevated.

Wild that it stayed up at 154 after five minutes of rest. I can be hammering on the bike/running and hanging out at like 165-175 and it drops down to a hunnit in maybe two minutes or less.
Ideally it would come down quickly like yours does. That’s a sign of good cardiovascular health. I need to start getting mine up high like that more often and for longer periods to improve that aspect. Might start doing some sprints on the air assault bike after lifting a few days a week to help improve that.