DYELB: The Gainz Train

Health, fitness, and nutrition freaks, lets see those gainz.
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

I’m completely alone in this small, but sick, gym in Seaside, Oregon. 5/7.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

SAWCE wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 8:14 pm I’m completely alone in this small, but sick, gym in Seaside, Oregon. 5/7.
Having a whole gym to yourself the the best.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

SAWCE wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 8:14 pm I’m completely alone in this small, but sick, gym in Seaside, Oregon. 5/7.
Are y’all considering that area as well? It’s 5/7 beautiful up there.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

coogles wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 11:02 am Hockey? Hockey!!

There's no rec sports thread. :ohwell: Maybe we should make one.
:fuckyeah:

May as well share here or create a thread, others may partake. I’ll admit here that I’m very unauthentic/uncoordinated when it comes to traditional team sports.
SAWCE

D Griff wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 5:49 am
No, had to make a trip up here for a funeral today. Very beautiful area though. Weather has been shit though, wish we could have seen a bit more in sunlight.
Desertbreh

SAWCE wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 9:08 am
D Griff wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 5:49 am

No, had to make a trip up here for a funeral today. Very beautiful area though. Weather has been shit though, wish we could have seen a bit more in sunlight.
Should have made the trip on August 13th at 2 p.m. Cause that's all the sunlight you're gonna get on the Oregon Coast.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
SAWCE

Desertbreh wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 10:41 am
SAWCE wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 9:08 am

Should have made the trip on August 13th at 2 p.m. Cause that's all the sunlight you're gonna get on the Oregon Coast.
:notwrong: don’t think I’ve ever seen pictures of the coast up here in real sunny conditions.

Still a cute little town though. We’ll probably do weekends away here once in a while after we make the PNW move.
SAWCE

From inside that gym. Getting to the point that I look big in clothes and not just shirtless. Chipping away.. need to pack on another 20-30lbs of muscle over the next few years.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

Good dill alert on a rack for anyone looking. SAWCE looking at you..leave it flat packed and build in new crib!

https://www.titan.fitness/racks/power-r ... 120_465972
brain go brrrrrr
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:32 am Good dill alert on a rack for anyone looking. SAWCE looking at you..leave it flat packed and build in new crib!

Maybe if I ever have a bigger house...

Although with WFH and everything now, I kind of enjoy the gym as a way to get out of the house. I do figure if we have a kid at any point, the home gym would be handy. As it is, I just do body weight/dumb bell stuff when I can't go to the gym and can get a decent workout that way.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

D Griff wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:48 am
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:32 am Good dill alert on a rack for anyone looking. SAWCE looking at you..leave it flat packed and build in new crib!

Although with WFH and everything now, I kind of enjoy the gym as a way to get out of the house. I do figure if we have a kid at any point, the home gym would be handy. As it is, I just do body weight/dumb bell stuff when I can't go to the gym and can get a decent workout that way.
Yea, I was like that until the kid came. Its just too big of a time suck with a baby to go to gym. Plus at home you can work in other shit in between sets. I was also tired of not being sure to have a squat rack.

Home gym/rack is so much better. FWIW i have the short version of this in my basement with the lat pulldown attachment. I also upgraded to the titan stainless bar. Its quality stuff for what the price is.
brain go brrrrrr
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:05 am
D Griff wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:48 am

Yea, I was like that until the kid came. Its just too big of a time suck with a baby to go to gym. Plus at home you can work in other shit in between sets. I was also tired of not being sure to have a squat rack.

Home gym/rack is so much better. FWIW i have the short version of this in my basement with the lat pulldown attachment. I also upgraded to the titan stainless bar. Its quality stuff for what the price is.
I'll take a look if/when we can. No basement or garage here, 1100ish sq. ft. but I assume if we do have a kid, we will tire of this pretty quickly. We have the spin bike currently and a few free weights, better than nothing, but a rack would require an entire room pretty much.
SAWCE

Damn.. that's not a bad price for a rack at all.

Since we'll be going back to apartment lyfe for the first year or two in PNW, I'll be looking to rent a place with a fitness center in it. I'll still keep a gym membership, but will be nice to have something right downstairs that I can get a quick workout in after the :baby: comes. Once we own a home I'll start building out a home gym.

I'd like to open an actual gym one day, so when I start the home gym I'll probably buy commercial grade shit so I can use it in the real gym when I open it.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

D Griff wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:09 am
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:05 am

I'll take a look if/when we can. No basement or garage here, 1100ish sq. ft. but I assume if we do have a kid, we will tire of this pretty quickly. We have the spin bike currently and a few free weights, better than nothing, but a rack would require an entire room pretty much.
You could do the foldable deal like i had in my house. Worked really well. Best thing is to just do what works for your life / space.
brain go brrrrrr
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

SAWCE wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:03 am Damn.. that's not a bad price for a rack at all.

Since we'll be going back to apartment lyfe for the first year or two in PNW, I'll be looking to rent a place with a fitness center in it. I'll still keep a gym membership, but will be nice to have something right downstairs that I can get a quick workout in after the :baby: comes. Once we own a home I'll start building out a home gym.

I'd like to open an actual gym one day, so when I start the home gym I'll probably buy commercial grade shit so I can use it in the real gym when I open it.
Totes reasonable. Just sharing the good word!
brain go brrrrrr
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

SAWCE wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:03 am Damn.. that's not a bad price for a rack at all.

The apartment fitness center is wicked convenient... it will be tricky to find one with all that you need for your regiment :doe:

Typically it's dumbells up to 50, a Smith, some type of cable thing, and a few cardio devices. :notbad: but not exactly barbecue quality.
SAWCE

D Griff wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:14 am

The apartment fitness center is wicked convenient... it will be tricky to find one with all that you need for your regiment :doe:

Typically it's dumbells up to 50, a Smith, some type of cable thing, and a few cardio devices. :notbad: but not exactly barbecue quality.
:lol: @ barbeque

Yeah I won't be looking to do everything there, but once we have a kid the priorities will shift anyways, so that will be fine for maintaining what I've done up to that point. Will also be heavily used for cardio so I don't have to drive to and from a gym every morning like I do now.
SAWCE

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:06 am

Totes reasonable. Just sharing the good word!
Oh yeah. If I had space in my current spot and wasn't moving I'd grab one of these for sure. But since it'll be a few years before any home gym purchases I'm trying to look even further past that.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

SAWCE wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:27 am
D Griff wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:14 am

Yeah I won't be looking to do everything there, but once we have a kid the priorities will shift anyways, so that will be fine for maintaining what I've done up to that point. Will also be heavily used for cardio so I don't have to drive to and from a gym every morning like I do now.
I forget that you do this :disgust:

Maybe once you're less regimented you can get on your new bike/walk outside more, I find it way more enjoyable. I walk the :doge: every morning to start my day, it's quite :nice:
SAWCE

D Griff wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:32 am
SAWCE wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:27 am

Maybe once you're less regimented you can get on your new bike/walk outside more, I find it way more enjoyable. I walk the :doge: every morning to start my day, it's quite :nice:
There are some mornings where I don't feel like driving over there and I just walk the neighborhood. It's fine for off season like now, but when I'm in prep mode, I've got to have that consistency of the pace of the treadmill.. no slowing down as I fatigue or anything. I also like getting to hop in the sauna after I'm done. Really hoping, but doubtful, that I can find an apartment complex up there who's fitness center has a sauna.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

SAWCE wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:35 am
D Griff wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:32 am

There are some mornings where I don't feel like driving over there and I just walk the neighborhood. It's fine for off season like now, but when I'm in prep mode, I've got to have that consistency of the pace of the treadmill.. no slowing down as I fatigue or anything. I also like getting to hop in the sauna after I'm done. Really hoping, but doubtful, that I can find an apartment complex up there who's fitness center has a sauna.
Yep, makes sense with your goals. I hate treadmills :doe:

Maybe you can find a hot tub at least if not a sauna.
SAWCE

D Griff wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:41 am
SAWCE wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:35 am

Yep, makes sense with your goals. I hate treadmills :doe:

Maybe you can find a hot tub at least if not a sauna.
Oh hot tub would be legit too. Will settle for that instead of a sauna for sure.
SAWCE

Still been doing those back off sets and they're feeling good. I got all 12 reps that I target with 105lb dumbbells for an incline press last night. I'll probably stick with that weight for another week just to really drill it in and then I'll bump up to the 110s or 115s.
adoob
Ground Chuck
Ground Chuck
Drives: Cheese

I need to figure out a solid routine for working out. Currently at 194lbs or so and trying to lose weight and replace fat with some muscle. Started at 205lbs about a year and a half ago, worked down to 174 with caloric deficit, intermittent fasting, and cardio+lifts 3x a week. Been a bit lazy the past few months between winter break (I used to go to the gym at UCF for free an hour away on class days) and just not being as strict with my calorie regimen and I gained a ton back.

Currently I only have to go in person for one class one day a week, so I need to either get a gym membership elsewhere or figure out something for home. And need to get back to my calorie deficit. My goal weight is ~160, basically to cut down my stomach fat.

I bench only 65lbs for 5 sets of 8 (could probably move up weight?), barbell curl 30lbs 2x10 or 15lb pair of dumbbells. Squat 75lbs 3x10. I am weak lol
Mk6 Jetta 1.8T with sketchy history (sold) -> :cheese:
IG: @cheesy_miata and @adeebsal
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

adoob wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 11:48 pm I need to figure out a solid routine for working out. Currently at 194lbs or so and trying to lose weight and replace fat with some muscle. Started at 205lbs about a year and a half ago, worked down to 174 with caloric deficit, intermittent fasting, and cardio+lifts 3x a week. Been a bit lazy the past few months between winter break (I used to go to the gym at UCF for free an hour away on class days) and just not being as strict with my calorie regimen and I gained a ton back.

Currently I only have to go in person for one class one day a week, so I need to either get a gym membership elsewhere or figure out something for home. And need to get back to my calorie deficit. My goal weight is ~160, basically to cut down my stomach fat.

I bench only 65lbs for 5 sets of 8 (could probably move up weight?), barbell curl 30lbs 2x10 or 15lb pair of dumbbells. Squat 75lbs 3x10. I am weak lol
2 words: Starting Strength. Get the book, read it, do it. You'll be squatting 225 for 3x5 by the summer easy.
brain go brrrrrr