So I bought some useless junk recently...

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
Desertbreh
Command Chief Master Sirloin

troyguitar wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:47 am I bought the digital longacre a few years ago because YOLO
Holy shit.

http://www.longacreracing.com/products. ... -0-100-psi
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

Desertbreh wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:04 pm
troyguitar wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:47 am I bought the digital longacre a few years ago because YOLO
Holy shit.

When :stig: is lyfe. :wasteful:
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

Holy shit.

:jesus: Now I don’t feel so bad. Motion Pro Digital Tire Pressure Gauge 0-60 Psi https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07GCS9ZCM/re ... TCb0AXQ80G
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

Desertbreh wrote:
Holy shit.

Haha not that one. Mine was 2 digits in price, can't remember if it was $59 or $99 at the time.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Holy shit.

:waxer:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Irish
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '12 GIT (190K!)- 2011 Outie A5

troyguitar wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:15 pm
Haha not that one. Mine was 2 digits in price, can't remember if it was $59 or $99 at the time.
:mahtroy: buying :troywax: gauges and considering :waxer: Project's living in da south.......
:ohdang: dey grow up so fast..... :cry:
Desertbreh

Anybody got any recommendations for "onboard" air compressor? Replacing the BMW tires, and not going to use runflats because they are garbage, and the car has no spare. My woman ain't going to change a tire regardless, she's calling AAA. PSS on sale at Tire Rack. So. For road trips I need something small, light, but with some guts. Any of you offroad kings got such a device to "air up" and "air down" and all that other bro stuff you do?
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Desertbreh wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:48 pm Anybody got any recommendations for "onboard" air compressor? Replacing the BMW tires, and not going to use runflats because they are garbage, and the car has no spare. My woman ain't going to change a tire regardless, she's calling AAA. PSS on sale at Tire Rack. So. For road trips I need something small, light, but with some guts. Any of you offroad kings got such a device to "air up" and "air down" and all that other bro stuff you do?
https://www.amazon.com/Inflator-Portabl ... way&sr=8-1

I've had that thing for years, and it works great for airing up after airing down offroad. Might not be the fastest, but for the price it's reliable.

So, you're going to keep a plug kit and the compressor in the car? What about just a can of fix a flat? That's what I keep in my :poorvette:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Apex

Desertbreh wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:48 pm Anybody got any recommendations for "onboard" air compressor? Replacing the BMW tires, and not going to use runflats because they are garbage, and the car has no spare. My woman ain't going to change a tire regardless, she's calling AAA. PSS on sale at Tire Rack. So. For road trips I need something small, light, but with some guts. Any of you offroad kings got such a device to "air up" and "air down" and all that other bro stuff you do?
I have one of the Slime branded compressors that we got years ago from VatoZone. It's clearly not the fastest at airing up 31+ inch tires, but it has served us well for 8 years or something like that? Same style as the one Dplac linked.
Desertbreh

Detroit wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:56 pm

I've had that thing for years, and it works great for airing up after airing down offroad. Might not be the fastest, but for the price it's reliable.

So, you're going to keep a plug kit and the compressor in the car? What about just a can of fix a flat? That's what I keep in my :poorvette:
Only for road trips. My experiences with tire failure are picking up a screw or nail, parking, coming back hours later, and a complete flat or serious deflation. This would air it up to get me to a tire shop. Blowouts/destroyed tires I generally ascribe to cheap tires or people people running them on the wear bars, which I don't do. Pothole scenario would fuck me, but I will risk that. We have AAA Gold. Load it on a flatbed.
ChrisoftheNorth

Desertbreh wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:34 pm

Only for road trips. My experiences with tire failure are picking up a screw or nail, parking, coming back hours later, and a complete flat or serious deflation. This would air it up to get me to a tire shop. Blowouts/destroyed tires I generally ascribe to cheap tires or people people running them on the wear bars, which I don't do. Pothole scenario would fuck me, but I will risk that. We have AAA Gold. Load it on a flatbed.
Seems to me that a can of fix a flat would work just as well for way cheaper. :iono:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Desertbreh

Thanks that looks legit. "Tsunami" LOL.
Desertbreh

Detroit wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:36 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:34 pm

Seems to me that a can of fix a flat would work just as well for way cheaper. :iono:
I would have that too. I just seriously question the ability to fully inflate an automobile tire with a fking aeresol can
ChrisoftheNorth

Desertbreh wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:42 pm
Detroit wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:36 pm
I would have that too. I just seriously question the ability to fully inflate an automobile tire with a fking aeresol can
They're fine. I've used them successfully in the past. If they let you down, call AAA.

It just seems silly to keep an air compressor in the can that you may never use.
Desertbreh

Detroit wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:51 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:42 pm

They're fine. I've used them successfully in the past. If they let you down, call AAA.

It just seems silly to keep an air compressor in the can that you may never use.
I'm a silly guy. It wouldn't just be for the beemah. Seems like a good thing to own.
ChrisoftheNorth

Desertbreh wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:55 pm
Detroit wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:51 pm

I'm a silly guy. It wouldn't just be for the beemah. Seems like a good thing to own.
Ohhh, you don't own a portable air compressor at all?

Certainly something worth having at your disposal...but it's never in the vehicle you need it to be in when you need it.
Desertbreh

Detroit wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:57 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:55 pm

Certainly something worth having at your disposal...but it's never in the vehicle you need it to be in when you need it.
This is the most portable air compressor I own.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Makita-2-6- ... lsrc=aw.ds
ChrisoftheNorth

Desertbreh wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:02 pm
Detroit wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:57 pm

Make sure that's pumped up and throw it in the trunk of the Bimmer for road trips. I'm sure woman won't mind that she can't bring a second bag because the "just in case" air compressor is taking up half the trunk.
Desertbreh

Detroit wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:08 pm

Make sure that's pumped up and throw it in the trunk of the Bimmer for road trips. I'm sure woman won't mind that she can't bring a second bag because the "just in case" air compressor is taking up half the trunk.
:dat:
Apex

Harbor Freight trailer :bruh:

They solve everything.

Home Depot runs? Check.
Motorcycle transportation? Check.
Marriage? Check.
Mud-camping? Check.
:pinshit: ? Check.
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:27 pm

They solve everything.

Home Depot runs? Check.
Marriage? Check.
Mud-camping? Check.
The solution to all the world's problems.

I dunno, I had one for a while. It was fine, but overall more of a pain in the ass than just having a pickup.
Apex

Detroit wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:30 pm

They solve everything.

Home Depot runs? Check.
Marriage? Check.
Mud-camping? Check.

I dunno, I had one for a while. It was fine, but overall more of a pain in the ass than just having a pickup.
:triggered:

:lol:
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:32 pm
Detroit wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:30 pm

:triggered:

:lol:
Right? :howdareu:
Desertbreh

They solve everything.

Home Depot runs? Check.
Marriage? Check.
Mud-camping? Check.
:notsure:
Apex

Desertbreh wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:52 pm

They solve everything.

Home Depot runs? Check.
Marriage? Check.
Mud-camping? Check.