So I bought some useless junk recently...

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
Acid666
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 02 Z06/95 Meowta/05 SilveraDOE

I got a fluid extractor Friday. Man this thing is awesome. To change oil I have to get the vette out of the garage and put it somewhere, which means taking the cover off, getting it out past my trailer which is kinda in the way, Move the other vehicles around to make space to get it out, then pull the car that needs to be lifted into the garage. It's a bit of tetris kinda... And with this I can just walk up to the car, pump the bitch up and let the vacuum yank them erls out. So nice.
Also, it's got an attachment to hook up to bleeder nipples so I can pull from the canister and bleed brakes or even clutches... ZOMG ALL TEH SUCKSHUNS
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

Acid666 wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 2:09 pm I got a fluid extractor Friday. Man this thing is awesome. To change oil I have to get the vette out of the garage and put it somewhere, which means taking the cover off, getting it out past my trailer which is kinda in the way, Move the other vehicles around to make space to get it out, then pull the car that needs to be lifted into the garage. It's a bit of tetris kinda... And with this I can just walk up to the car, pump the bitch up and let the vacuum yank them erls out. So nice.
Also, it's got an attachment to hook up to bleeder nipples so I can pull from the canister and bleed brakes or even clutches... ZOMG ALL TEH SUCKSHUNS
Had a good one from west marine. Dad left it outside and UV killed it. Bought the HF big one and it fucking blows. Leaks and the plastic is cross threaded.
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

Garmin Vivoactive 4S sports watch and sleep tracker for women fits my :gay: wrists and has menstrual cycle tracking too. :excited:

SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

troyguitar wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:49 am Garmin Vivoactive 4S sports watch and sleep tracker for women fits my :gay: wrists and has menstrual cycle tracking too. :excited:

Shark Week!!
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Acid666 wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 2:09 pm I got a fluid extractor Friday. Man this thing is awesome. To change oil I have to get the vette out of the garage and put it somewhere, which means taking the cover off, getting it out past my trailer which is kinda in the way, Move the other vehicles around to make space to get it out, then pull the car that needs to be lifted into the garage. It's a bit of tetris kinda... And with this I can just walk up to the car, pump the bitch up and let the vacuum yank them erls out. So nice.
I've always wanted one of these but I have OCD problems with them not removing all the oil. To the extent that I will leave a car on the lift for 1.5 hours until ALL the dripping stops. You think this sucks it dry?
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

Desertbreh wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 11:58 am
I've always wanted one of these but I have OCD problems with them not removing all the oil. To the extent that I will leave a car on the lift for 1.5 hours until ALL the dripping stops. You think this sucks it dry?
breh be less ocd. you never get allllll the oil
brain go brrrrrr
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

Apex wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 3:55 pm Moar tools!

Oh sweet. Let me know if its any good. I have been wanting one of those but didn't know if the 12 or 18 was the way to go.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 1:35 pm
Apex wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 3:55 pm Moar tools!

Oh sweet. Let me know if its any good. I have been wanting one of those but didn't know if the 12 or 18 was the way to go.
It sliced and diced pvc really well. It’s fun to use and gets a solid 5/7 from me.

It came with one battery and Home Depot had a :dill: which gave you a free second battery. :notbad:
Acid666
Drives: 02 Z06/95 Meowta/05 SilveraDOE

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 1:02 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 11:58 am

breh be less ocd. you never get allllll the oil
There's videos of people doing both, sucking the oil, and then draining it at the plug to see what it doesn't get.
The plug isn't always at the bottom of the pan, so you're rarely getting all of it when you drain it normally. This tube bottoms out on the pan itself, so in theory you're likely getting more out, but it really depends on the angle of your car when you're doing it. You might miss an ounce or two, but that shit just blends in anyways.
I used to be anal about that kinda shit, but it's routine maintenance and it'll be fine. It's not an F1 engine that needs to be bled like a deer hanging up from a hunt.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Apex wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 1:40 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 1:35 pm

It sliced and diced pvc really well. It’s fun to use and gets a solid 5/7 from me.

It came with one battery and Home Depot had a :dill: which gave you a free second battery. :notbad:
Any idea on battery life? Trying to assess if this would be a good trail maintenance tool or not. Easy/cheap way is folding saw but this looks like more fun.
Apex

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 1:57 pm
Apex wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 1:40 pm

Any idea on battery life? Trying to assess if this would be a good trail maintenance tool or not. Easy/cheap way is folding saw but this looks like more fun.
Not yet. Batteries come in different sizes, I have the 4.0 and 6.0 right now. :iono:
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

Bought this today, should be here on Sunday.

https://www.trendnet.com/products/manag ... TEG-7080ES

I need a 10GBase-T switch at home to connect a couple machines and a NAS. This was about the most reasonable one I could find, unless one of you guys knows of a better one for 6 connections in a single room. I'm open to opinions and can obviously return this one with Amazon's policy.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:02 pm Bought this today, should be here on Sunday.

https://www.trendnet.com/products/manag ... TEG-7080ES

I need a 10GBase-T switch at home to connect a couple machines and a NAS. This was about the most reasonable one I could find, unless one of you guys knows of a better one for 6 connections in a single room. I'm open to opinions and can obviously return this one with Amazon's policy.
I actually sell switches and we having nothing 10 GB, one line with 10 GB SFP and 1 GB ports... :rage:

Based on talking to my customers who use a bunch of networking hardware, the Trendnet stuff is pretty good bang for your buck.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

I found another used piece of gym equipment and will pick up this weekend. I'm pretty excited for this one, looks strong like bull 350 maple syrup crebits:

AmStaff TB011 Flat/Incline/Decline Utility Bench with AmStaff TB011J Preacher Curl Attachment and Olympic Bench Press Rack (bar and weights not included) Mechanism that allows for the bench section to adjust from the front to the rear locked position with ease for the purpose of the shoulder press exercise and to provide front stability support for all Workbench Machine Accessories. In addition the rear position is used to save space when not in use. Easy mobility and comfort: The Utility Bench offers rear wheels for easy in and out access of the Workbench Racks. Side seat handlebars are also included on all Workbenches for gripping during leg exercises. Dimensions: 19"H x 23"W x 51"L Use the Preacher Curl attachment so that you can focus on your biceps by doing preacher curl exercises. It has a bar rest where you can balance your curl bar when done. Slide it out and put in a different attachment. The possibilities for your weight bench go on and on as you add more attachments.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Tarspin wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 6:54 pm I found another used piece of gym equipment and will pick up this weekend. I'm pretty excited for this one, looks strong like bull 350 maple syrup crebits:

AmStaff TB011 Flat/Incline/Decline Utility Bench with AmStaff TB011J Preacher Curl Attachment and Olympic Bench Press Rack (bar and weights not included) Mechanism that allows for the bench section to adjust from the front to the rear locked position with ease for the purpose of the shoulder press exercise and to provide front stability support for all Workbench Machine Accessories. In addition the rear position is used to save space when not in use. Easy mobility and comfort: The Utility Bench offers rear wheels for easy in and out access of the Workbench Racks. Side seat handlebars are also included on all Workbenches for gripping during leg exercises. Dimensions: 19"H x 23"W x 51"L Use the Preacher Curl attachment so that you can focus on your biceps by doing preacher curl exercises. It has a bar rest where you can balance your curl bar when done. Slide it out and put in a different attachment. The possibilities for your weight bench go on and on as you add more attachments.
:nice:

I can't wait to get the new house and have space for a system with a bench.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:04 pm
Tarspin wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 6:54 pm I found another used piece of gym equipment and will pick up this weekend. I'm pretty excited for this one, looks strong like bull 350 maple syrup crebits:

Wife is using her treadmill daily and starting to see some promising improvements to her physique and self-image. I'm not really a big fan since I bike, run with the kids, swim and walk the dog numerous times a day. But this with a few free weights will hopefully do good things for me personally... :excited: to pick it up and setup downstairs.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Tarspin wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 10:08 am
CorvetteWaxer wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:04 pm

Wife is using her treadmill daily and starting to see some promising improvements to her physique and self-image. I'm not really a big fan since I bike, run with the kids, swim and walk the dog numerous times a day. But this with a few free weights will hopefully do good things for me personally... :excited: to pick it up and setup downstairs.
Awesome man!

Wife has a Peloton I bought her a few years ago. She loves the hell out of it. I think it's okay, but spin biking isn't really my thing. She's done close to 500 rides on it. Prior to that we had a normal stationary bike that she never wanted to ride.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 11:27 am
Tarspin wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 10:08 am

Awesome man!

Wife has a Peloton I bought her a few years ago. She loves the hell out of it. I think it's okay, but spin biking isn't really my thing. She's done close to 500 rides on it. Prior to that we had a normal stationary bike that she never wanted to ride.
That is a brilliant product and marketing group, I'd consider it in the future under the right series of circumstances now that you mention how motivating it.
Apex

CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Apex wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 5:24 pm Image
Awesome!

One of my buddies that is also an employee got me the 911 RSR kit, but it's sitting on my chair in the office since the lockdown. One day I will be able to go get it.
Apex

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 5:36 pm
Apex wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 5:24 pm Image
Awesome!

One of my buddies that is also an employee got me the 911 RSR kit, but it's sitting on my chair in the office since the lockdown. One day I will be able to go get it.
Oh damn, that sucks! I’ll start on it once the kiddo goes to bed tonight. :excited:
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Apex wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 5:42 pm
CorvetteWaxer wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 5:36 pm

Awesome!

Oh damn, that sucks! I’ll start on it once the kiddo goes to bed tonight. :excited:
:well: progress pics?

:hibachi:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Apex

Detroit wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 1:31 pm
Apex wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 5:42 pm

I didn’t know people wanted progress pics. This kit is :impressive: in its attention to detail.

I’m about 5 hours in and probably just short of being half-way done.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Apex wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 1:33 pm
Detroit wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 1:31 pm

I didn’t know people wanted progress pics. This kit is :impressive: in its attention to detail.

In my lifetime, I've probably logged more time playing with Legos than any other toy by a long shot. Yet as an adult, I've never built one of those kits because I'm too :scrooge: to buy one. Was hoping to live vicariously through you, but I see how it is.

:trollface:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Apex

Detroit wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 2:42 pm
Apex wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 1:33 pm

In my lifetime, I've probably logged more time playing with Legos than any other toy by a long shot. Yet as an adult, I've never built one of those kits because I'm too :scrooge: to buy one. Was hoping to live vicariously through you, but I see how it is.

:trollface:
:sad: :eeyore: