Poverty Pole

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.

Who has the shittiest ride of them all?

2010 TSX with 115k miles
22%
2006 E350 with 103k miles
No votes
2018 Elantra
44%
2001 S4 BEATR
22%
Irish gti
11%
Write in 6
No votes

Total votes: 9
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

rockchops wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 10:04 pm
Johnny_P wrote:Hot take: nobody on this forum actually drives anything shitty or poverty
Agreed, maybe a good pole is who has had the shittiest mobile. We are a disproportionally wealthy crowd.
:well: :doit:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Why y’all gotta ruin a good thing and can’t hate on the tsx
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

max225 wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 10:09 pm Why y’all gotta ruin a good thing and can’t hate on the tsx
Leveled you up :bruh:

Let's do best car :powl:
:Waxer:'s 911T? Model S? C5/7? Some kind of :fancy: beep-beep?
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

rockchops wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 10:04 pm
Johnny_P wrote:Hot take: nobody on this forum actually drives anything shitty or poverty
Agreed, maybe a good pole is who has had the shittiest mobile. We are a disproportionally wealthy crowd.
THAT would be a much more interesting discussion
max225

Tar wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 11:06 pm
max225 wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 10:09 pm Why y’all gotta ruin a good thing and can’t hate on the tsx

Gotta be active :member: … and frankly I don’t know who it is right meow … could be a good powl…
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

max225 wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 10:44 am To be fair the Tsx has the following features all of which work.
Dual zone auto climate
Memory power seats and mirrors
Leather
Auto hid headlights
Heated seats
Sat radio
Ancient nav
Moonroof
Okay ish stereo with a sub
My car only has two of these :yikes:

Also, I haven't yet voted, put up Irish's GTI. It's the biggest pile, I am standing by that. I've requested it a few times.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

CaleDeRoo wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 1:20 pm
max225 wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 1:16 pm :impressive: notoriously the 2nd least reliable Audi ever made after the AllTrack and still kicking strong at 245k
I'd drive it across country without a worry. Maybe a coolant flush or something if it was during the summer but other than that I put 5000 miles on it last April and it ain't care.

Wherever Dan stops traveling like he has a Gulfstream jet I'll let him drive it for :science:
:megusta:

I was actually thinking of hitting you up for next C&C and/or some disc golf this weekend. Could be a good opportunity to report back to this topic.

:iono: I wouldn't want that S4 as I'm lazy and busy and don't want to spend weekends wrenching, but I think it's pretty darn cool. It's certainly not getting my vote at this point, and I have at least seen it briefly.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 9:22 pm Hot take: nobody on this forum actually drives anything shitty or poverty
:notwrong:

My Miata, that was a shitbox. Chop's RX8/Sebring/Explorer also. A used Corvette or 10-20 year old well maintained luxo barge isn't a shitbox.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

max225 wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 11:30 pm
Tar wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 11:06 pm

Gotta be active :member: … and frankly I don’t know who it is right meow … could be a good powl…
I think Fled's 86 is the only thing I covet. Some of the projects like the V8 944 and :melon: E30 are also dope. Honestly, I think the cars are kind of going downhill around here because people like trucks now and the car people left standing are cheap asses.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

I just don't hate them. I was a full blown Honda dude in 2010, I pretty much have a soft spot for all they made from 1990-2011.
max225

D Griff wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 9:52 am
max225 wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 10:44 am To be fair the Tsx has the following features all of which work.
Dual zone auto climate
Memory power seats and mirrors
Leather
Auto hid headlights
Heated seats
Sat radio
Ancient nav
Moonroof
Okay ish stereo with a sub

Also, I haven't yet voted, put up Irish's GTI. It's the biggest pile, I am standing by that. I've requested it a few times.
Done, just think it should be an “active” member ride :doe:
max225

D Griff wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 10:05 am
max225 wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 11:30 pm
I think Fled's 86 is the only thing I covet. Some of the projects like the V8 944 and :melon: E30 are also dope. Honestly, I think the cars are kind of going downhill around here because people like trucks now and the car people left standing are cheap asses.
Don’t be :pout: again! Jez
I have a jcw mini which is rarer than a 911 gt3
Fled has an 86
You have a 1:1 stripped down blue Beemer with fancy brakes
Desert man is nursing a luxo barge to 200k
Zillskie is waxing an R53 weekly
There an s4 that went to the dark side of the moon
There was dude here that tuned a golf to k09
Another dude is waiting on another rwd sports Yaris
And a village bicycle Miata !

Like that’s just top of mind. Stop putting us down man
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

max225 wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 10:13 am
D Griff wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 10:05 am

Fled has an 86

:lolol: fair enough. I like the stuff we have here a lot, a fun and unique bunch. I also always forget about the JCW to be honest, that is one of the few here I actually do covet, I will give you that. The GR86, The :cheese: /Fiata, the JCW. I guess I just like small fun shit most.

I do feel like some members (you, Eric, Chris, myself) would likely have some cool fun cars in addition/above what we have now if it weren't for :scrooge: / market conditions.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

max225 wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 10:06 am
D Griff wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 9:52 am

Done, just think it should be an “active” member ride :doe:
He has always been one to come and go, I'm sure he'll be active again when time allows.
max225

D Griff wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 10:26 am

Fled has an 86

:lolol: fair enough. I like the stuff we have here a lot, a fun and unique bunch. I also always forget about the JCW to be honest, that is one of the few here I actually do covet, I will give you that. The GR86, The :cheese: /Fiata, the JCW. I guess I just like small fun shit most.

I do feel like some members (you, Eric, Chris, myself) would likely have some cool fun cars in addition/above what we have now if it weren't for :scrooge: / market conditions.
Yea there literally nothing that can be purchased used …. And new is a 1-7 year wait (higher number is latest on the z06)… some claim it’s sold out for 7 fucking years … which seems unbelievable…
Last edited by max225 on Thu Feb 17, 2022 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Fled has an 86

I'd absolutely have some sort of the fun thing to tinker with if the market wasn't so jacked. But now that trash starts at $10k, the value just isn't there for me.

I'm also SUPER :excited: for the GR Corolla. Keeping my options open with a one car household until something incredible comes out or the market calms down. I have the wants for an 86, but where I live, the GR Corolla would be far more usable/entertaining...assuming it doesn't suck somehow. Patience is key right now, but results it boring forum fodder.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 10:35 am

Yea there literally nothing that can be purchased used …. And new is a 1-7 year wait (higher number is latest on the z06)… some claim it’s sold out for 7 fucking years … which seems unbelievable…
It is unbelievable, and also :fakenews:

# of handrasiers / allocation amount might equal 7 years, but I guarantee there aren't that many people willing to wait 7 years for a Z06. Once money is no longer infinite, these sorts of things will calm down big time.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
max225

Also I don’t understand why the oems wouldn’t increase production to match… ya ya capex ya ya billions … but look at the demand for the base C8 it’s been out for over 2 years and is still going above sticker.

Although … I’m hearing to the contrary now and lots are starting to fill… as people turned unwilling to pay a 30k markup
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 10:46 am Also I don’t understand why the oems wouldn’t increase production to match… ya ya capex ya ya billions … but look at the demand for the base C8 it’s been out for over 2 years and is still going above sticker.

Although … I’m hearing to the contrary now and lots are starting to fill… as people turned unwilling to pay a 30k markup
To add capacity, it's more than just CAPEX. Aside from just brick and mortar to build more cars, parts volumes need to be renegotiated and often if you don't hit your forecasted volumes, suppliers hit you with penalties, make you pay for their excess capacity/inventory, etc. In general, it's better to under capacitize than over, and especially GM that's been burned in the past by excess capacity, running lean is the way.

These last few years have been unprecedented. Making major investments to accommodate a :notsure: time is super risky. If C8's start stacking up on lots (which we're talking toys here, so demand can drop as quickly as it climbs), that's not doing anyone any favors.
max225

Do you happen to know what the forecasted volumes were ?

Legit curious … given the 59,995 price point … they should have been 40k… I think bowling green at its peak made around 35k cars a year for the C5. C8 is around 20-26k for now … seems like piss poor planning and billions left on the table … c8 is a fabulous product.

It’s the last hurrah for ICE. I don’t think there will be a gasoline C9… so why not gear up and sell as many as you can while you can
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 11:00 am Do you happen to know what the forecasted volumes were ?

Legit curious … given the 59,995 price point … they should have been 40k… I think bowling green at its peak made around 35k cars a year for the C5. C8 is around 20-26k for now … seems like piss poor planning and billions left on the table … c8 is a fabulous product.

It’s the last hurrah for ICE. I don’t think there will be a gasoline C9… so why not gear up and sell as many as you can while you can
Unfortunately, I wasn't involved in the C8. I listened in to some planning meetings when I had a separate topic on the agenda, and I recall capacity being set beyond the C7. There was a lot of investment that went into Bowling Green for capacity...because there was a plan at one point to build both C7 and C8 concurrently, with C7 being cheaper and C8 being more premium. That plan was dropped for capex savings at the same time they axed the off-road SUV (4R fighter) and I left. BUT the plant was expanded to accommodate that possibility.

I don't think we've been able to see full capacity due to all the supply issues and early quality issues.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

D Griff wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 9:58 am
CaleDeRoo wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 1:20 pm

I'd drive it across country without a worry. Maybe a coolant flush or something if it was during the summer but other than that I put 5000 miles on it last April and it ain't care.

Wherever Dan stops traveling like he has a Gulfstream jet I'll let him drive it for :science:
:megusta:

I was actually thinking of hitting you up for next C&C and/or some disc golf this weekend. Could be a good opportunity to report back to this topic.

:iono: I wouldn't want that S4 as I'm lazy and busy and don't want to spend weekends wrenching, but I think it's pretty darn cool. It's certainly not getting my vote at this point, and I have at least seen it briefly.
Saturday might bea good day if it doesn't get too muddy with the rain tomorrow
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

The S4 is one of the cars on this forum that I do want. In automatic tho.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 8:09 pm The S4 is one of the cars on this forum that I do want. In automatic tho.
Honestly the auto is probably a great match with this engine. Beefy torque in the midrange.

It's TINY inside though.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 8:09 pm The S4 is one of the cars on this forum that I do want. In automatic tho.
I drove Jade's (don't even remember his username but he was active on golfmk6 waaay back in the early days) 2013 S4 with like 120K miles last year and it was freakin' awesome. That 3.0 supercharged engine with an exhaust/tune just rips and sounds fucking amazing. It was manual :doe: :megusta:

It also was much larger feeling than my 328i.