Poverty Pole

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.

Who has the shittiest ride of them all?

2010 TSX with 115k miles
22%
2006 E350 with 103k miles
No votes
2018 Elantra
44%
2001 S4 BEATR
22%
Irish gti
11%
Write in 6
No votes

Total votes: 9
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

max225 wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 2:57 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 2:56 pm

Right but part of the etc. means having their souls sucked dry with every turn of the key, which they are of course oblivious to. The Saturn Aura makes the Benzo and the TSX look like interesting cars.
The one thing the Aura has is the 3.6 V6 with 50% more displacement driving the wrong set of wheels :disgust: while the TSX is stuck with the RACEKAR 4 banger of doom.
Hers had the 2.5 I4 :(

It was perfectly :thisisfine: for her, :doe:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

wap wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 10:07 pm Doesn't Trudy's :tits: drive some old Jetta? That's gotta be a contender? :iono:
mk6 jetta, so yeah
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

now that you mention it max, my new :tits: been driving her first car. a 2011 Ford Fiesta with 140k miles. Never driven it, so invalid at this point. 6 months from now? possibly.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 4:11 pm now that you mention it max, my new :tits: been driving her first car. a 2011 Ford Fiesta with 140k miles. Never driven it, so invalid at this point. 6 months from now? possibly.
Yea gotta chime in when you drive it more/as much as your accord. But that car is a perfect candidate for this. I’d even say runner up
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 4:13 pm
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 4:11 pm now that you mention it max, my new :tits: been driving her first car. a 2011 Ford Fiesta with 140k miles. Never driven it, so invalid at this point. 6 months from now? possibly.
Yea gotta chime in when you drive it more/as much as your accord. But that car is a perfect candidate for this. I’d even say runner up
And she lives in DC, so she gets the johnny p battle scars too and not that good of a driver.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

I voted for the S4 BEATR but this indeed would be a candidate if TK sticks with new :tits: . I might even change my vote.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

wap wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 4:16 pm

I voted for the S4 BEATR but this indeed would be a candidate if TK sticks with new :tits: . I might even change my vote.
I also have to be ok with driving it too :lol:, luckily they're great on twisties and partially european, i'm sure a weekend-ish roadtrip would cover that and make it valid. dat NA 1.6 that's slightly slower than my Clio, dangerously slow :plac: Atleast the accord can get some rest.

Fwiw, I've rented a slower 67 hp turbo diesel in Turkey as well, it was :notbad: except for the highway of course. In turkey standards, her car is considered "powerful"
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

My brother has a 1.0T Fiesta hatch and it's not that bad. 2nd gear sucks but other than that it's kinda fun to wring out and gets 40mpg redlining it everywhere.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Right now I'm going with the Elantra. It's the car I'd least like to own out of all of them, so I guess it's the shittiest. The entry of some 200,000 mile GTI with a shorted out ECU driven through the winter crud of PA would change that vote instantly however.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 5:30 pm Right now I'm going with the Elantra. It's the car I'd least like to own out of all of them, so I guess it's the shittiest. The entry of some 200,000 mile GTI with a shorted out ECU driven through the winter crud of PA would change that vote instantly however.
:bow:
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 5:32 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 5:30 pm Right now I'm going with the Elantra. It's the car I'd least like to own out of all of them, so I guess it's the shittiest. The entry of some 200,000 mile GTI with a shorted out ECU driven through the winter crud of PA would change that vote instantly however.
Have you seen that "Reacher" series? It's got the big guy, Alan Ritchson in it. They made some joke in the series about how "nobody will ever notice the Giraffe driving the Grand Caravan".....I think that's pretty much you in the Elantra.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

"I'd like some stiffer springs on the left side of the car please"
max225

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 5:45 pm

Have you seen that "Reacher" series? It's got the big guy, Alan Ritchson in it. They made some joke in the series about how "nobody will ever notice the Giraffe driving the Grand Caravan".....I think that's pretty much you in the Elantra.
Reacher is a great show that in todays land of BIPOC everything is a rare sight in american cinema.
max225

Strong vote, but something about a B5 S4 that literally went to the moon and then some is terrifying to me.
While I actually love the car the thought of DD'ing gives me about as much anxiety as going into a strip club with my debit card and pin glued to my forehead.
SAWCE

:lolol: I haven’t watched it yet. Saw previews and I have a hard time taking that actor serious after Blue Mountain State, but I’ll still give it a shot.

I miss my Jeep 😢
max225

SAWCE wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 7:14 pm

:lolol: I haven’t watched it yet. Saw previews and I have a hard time taking that actor serious after Blue Mountain State, but I’ll still give it a shot.

I miss my Jeep 😢
Dude is a fking unit... I low key feel weird watching it as it feels like a low rent Castro Street special tuesday night movie at points... a lot of naked/half naked dude + comments on dude
Figured the bodybuilding world would be pretty litty considering he has low key arnie vibes.

rockchops
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

Only a matter of time until I get another total shitbox and own this. Previous contenders included a rusted out explorer, clapped out Sebring and a hail damaged Rx8 (which I still kinda miss).
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

I miss my Jeep 😢
I like the books and I like the movies with Tom Cruise. I'm not a huge "Reacher Head" but I think a lot of guys look pretty admiringly at the character's lifestyle..........which is collecting a U.S. Major's pension, wandering all over the place like Gandalf and pummeling or killing bad guys because you are a bad ass and you don't take shit off of anybody. I think the character also resounds with women, as does Ritchson's physique. He claims not to be on the gear in Men's Health, but the guy is not downing too many bags of chips and beer, that's for sure.

The Cruise character is much smarter, but Tom Cruise is probably much smarter than Ritchson. Ritchson finally gives Reacher fans the size attributable to their hero. The TV version also has a kick ass supporting cast, I really enjoyed Finlay the detective.

Your mind is not going to get all "wound up like a pretzel" but sometimes that's ok.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

rockchops wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 7:20 pm Only a matter of time until I get another total shitbox and own this. Previous contenders included a rusted out explorer, clapped out Sebring and a hail damaged Rx8 (which I still kinda miss).
You definitely had some contenders.
max225

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 7:56 pm

I miss my Jeep 😢
I like the books and I like the movies with Tom Cruise. I'm not a huge "Reacher Head" but I think a lot of guys look pretty admiringly at the character's lifestyle..........which is collecting a U.S. Major's pension, wandering all over the place like Gandalf and pummeling or killing bad guys because you are a bad ass and you don't take shit off of anybody. I think the character also resounds with women, as does Ritchson's physique. He claims not to be on the gear in Men's Health, but the guy is not downing too many bags of chips and beer, that's for sure.

The Cruise character is much smarter, but Tom Cruise is probably much smarter than Ritchson. Ritchson finally gives Reacher fans the size attributable to their hero. The TV version also has a kick ass supporting cast, I really enjoyed Finlay the detective.

Your mind is not going to get all "wound up like a pretzel" but sometimes that's ok.
The show was a solid 4-4.5/7
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 7:57 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 7:56 pm

The show was a solid 4-4.5/7
I binge watched it with a hangover one Saturday. It is also easily repeatable without going stale........our hobo meathead just wanders into a new place with new good guys and bad guys. All Ritchson has to do is stay off the Cocoa Puffs and lift weights and he's golden for quite a while.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

CaleDeRoo wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 5:05 pm My brother has a 1.0T Fiesta hatch and it's not that bad. 2nd gear sucks but other than that it's kinda fun to wring out and gets 40mpg redlining it everywhere.
They're fun in a fwd miata kinda way. Ive driven a fair amount of cars in its class. I'll try to convince a way like a small day trip to baltimore or winery out in the country, already told me she doesn't mind when I drive it together

When i mean dangerously slow, i was making fun of one member from our dark side and claimed his cx5 was dangerously slow. Not being a karen about the car
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Hot take: nobody on this forum actually drives anything shitty or poverty
SAWCE

Yeah he’s a good looking dude, with an impressive physique for sure.
rockchops
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

Johnny_P wrote:Hot take: nobody on this forum actually drives anything shitty or poverty
Agreed, maybe a good pole is who has had the shittiest mobile. We are a disproportionally wealthy crowd.