Poverty Pole

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.

Who has the shittiest ride of them all?

2010 TSX with 115k miles
22%
2006 E350 with 103k miles
No votes
2018 Elantra
44%
2001 S4 BEATR
22%
Irish gti
11%
Write in 6
No votes

Total votes: 9
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

D Griff wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 5:35 am
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 8:09 pm The S4 is one of the cars on this forum that I do want. In automatic tho.
I drove Jade's (don't even remember his username but he was active on golfmk6 waaay back in the early days) 2013 S4 with like 120K miles last year and it was freakin' awesome. That 3.0 supercharged engine with an exhaust/tune just rips and sounds fucking amazing. It was manual :doe: :megusta:

It also was much larger feeling than my 328i.

It's the weight difference. My car is 500lbs heavier than an E46 and the B8 S4 is 500lbs heavier than your car.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

So I drove Cale’s car briefly yesterday after some disc golf and a meal at 🌮 🛎. Sadly it was brief due to being in a pretty shitty area for driving and limited time. We will meet up and do more in depth car swapping test drives later.

That said, be 245k mile S4, while not the fastest, is certainly not a POS. It drives rather well, if you’d told me it has 50k miles I would’ve believed it . It looks good as well, certainly doesn’t get my vote.
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

D Griff wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 5:59 am So I drove Cale’s car briefly yesterday after some disc golf and a meal at 🌮 🛎. Sadly it was brief due to being in a pretty shitty area for driving and limited time. We will meet up and do more in depth car swapping test drives later.

That said, be 245k mile S4, while not the fastest, is certainly not a POS. It drives rather well, if you’d told me it has 50k miles I would’ve believed it . It looks good as well, certainly doesn’t get my vote.
:word:
Vote changed. :sawce: 's H with the wonky clutch now has my vote. At least until Irish resurfaces and tells us more about his :mk6:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

wap wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 10:05 am
D Griff wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 5:59 am So I drove Cale’s car briefly yesterday after some disc golf and a meal at 🌮 🛎. Sadly it was brief due to being in a pretty shitty area for driving and limited time. We will meet up and do more in depth car swapping test drives later.

:word:
Vote changed. :sawce: 's H with the wonky clutch now has my vote. At least until Irish resurfaces and tells us more about his :mk6:
We've seen the car. It's basically an Indian ferry. The only reason its not available iis that HE's not available.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Can't win anything on here :lolol:
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

CaleDeRoo wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 1:14 pm Can't win anything on here :lolol:
Seriously … nearly new Elantra FTW.

:butwhy:
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 8:19 pm
CaleDeRoo wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 1:14 pm Can't win anything on here :lolol:

Because it crushes the soul like the Nazgul.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Desertbreh wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 9:37 pm
max225 wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 8:19 pm

Because it crushes the soul like the Nazgul.
Yep. Your car and my car might be old, and could surprise us with some sort of mechanical or electrical issue, but when they work (which seems to be all the fucking time *knock on wood*) they're still GREAT cars. Same with BAEzn's TSX. I'm sure most of this forum would be more than happy to own that car, me included.
wap

Conclusion: NO ONE here owns a truly shitty car. :iono:
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

wap wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 10:52 am Conclusion: NO ONE here owns a truly shitty car. :iono:
Precisely
max225

Dfd has voted. Everyone is :wrong:
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

After driving the :tits: Fiesta for good 60 miles, it is a very good contender, CEL (catalytic converter needs to be replaced) sometimes goes on and off, and a shuddering transmission (has the dct, since it rolls back in drive) when taking off unless you find the sweet spot to modulate throttle, ride quality is not far off from my GTI with VWR springs and probably worn shocks. Knocking sound from A/C vents when starting the car (my grandpa's Renault Megane does that too) She is fun on ramps :doe:

Interior is clean (she's a neat freak), very spacious for a small car, but not so much with storage. Came with mood lightning that changes colors from the factory :notbad:

Parallel parking job by yours truly (she sucks at it)
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
max225

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 9:34 am After driving the :tits: Fiesta for good 60 miles, it is a very good contender, CEL (catalytic converter needs to be replaced) sometimes goes on and off, and a shuddering transmission (has the dct, since it rolls back in drive) when taking off unless you find the sweet spot to modulate throttle, ride quality is not far off from my GTI with VWR springs and probably worn shocks. Knocking sound from A/C vents when starting the car (my grandpa's Renault Megane does that too) She is fun on ramps :doe:

Interior is clean (she's a neat freak), very spacious for a small car, but not so much with storage. Came with mood lightning that changes colors from the factory :notbad:

That’s a strange plate … she work for :thanksobama:
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 10:00 am
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 9:34 am After driving the :tits: Fiesta for good 60 miles, it is a very good contender, CEL (catalytic converter needs to be replaced) sometimes goes on and off, and a shuddering transmission (has the dct, since it rolls back in drive) when taking off unless you find the sweet spot to modulate throttle, ride quality is not far off from my GTI with VWR springs and probably worn shocks. Knocking sound from A/C vents when starting the car (my grandpa's Renault Megane does that too) She is fun on ramps :doe:

That’s a strange plate … she work for :thanksobama:
Washington DC plate right thurr, and that applies to residents. And she's a teacher
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Taxation without representation! Don’t see too many DC tags.

Fiesta is kinda :disgust: my wife’s old Fusion had the colored mood lighting, I did enjoy that. I also don’t mind that DCT, you just have to go full throttle always, it sucks under light throttle.
max225

Yea I would argue that fiesta is pretty high up the :disgust: scale… especially in sedan trim
wap

max225 wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 5:44 pm Yea I would argue that fiesta is pretty high up the :disgust: scale… especially in sedan trim
:dat:
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 5:26 pm Taxation without representation! Don’t see too many DC tags.

Fiesta is kinda :disgust: my wife’s old Fusion had the colored mood lighting, I did enjoy that. I also don’t mind that DCT, you just have to go full throttle always, it sucks under light throttle.
It was great and responsive once you're rolling. At times from the start, it once felt like someone is bad at driving a manual. If you baby, it shudders, drive like a mild :stig: she's not bad. But she is dangerously slow. :tits: told me you're being more gentle than i am :lol:
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Also me being dfd sized, no one can sit behind me :lolol:
max225

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 7:41 pm
D Griff wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 5:26 pm Taxation without representation! Don’t see too many DC tags.

It was great and responsive once you're rolling. At times from the start, it once felt like someone is bad at driving a manual. If you baby, it shudders, drive like a mild :stig: she's not bad. But she is dangerously slow. :tits: told me you're being more gentle than i am :lol:
I’m assuming the trans was never serviced. Because reasons
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 7:53 pm
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 7:41 pm

I’m assuming the trans was never serviced. Because reasons
:dat:
And the suspension has never been changed either, currently at 136k miles. :thisisfine:

But atleast she's an independent girl
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

So recently I drove the :tits: Fiesta for the second time. The shuddering I said earlier was apparently been doing it since she got it brand new. She's either smooth or feels like it wheelhops (happens more often on stop and go traffic). Other than that, the car drives fine, no alignment issues, tracks straight, CEL is somehow gone for some reason. She's looking to trade in in a year to another small car (which what she's used to), she wants a fiat 500 or a Mini pooper (which would be dope ngl). She's also fun in tight parking garages
max225

Careful with the mini as the service costs are astronomical compared to other small cars
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 2:26 pm Careful with the mini as the service costs are astronomical compared to other small cars
Dfd taught me well based on that, and sometimes can be unreliable. Shes also indecisive because her student loans is going to start which is essentially another car payment, let alone hers is already paid off. There's definitely some hesitancy based on going :plac:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 12:45 am So recently I drove the :tits: Fiesta for the second time. The shuddering I said earlier was apparently been doing it since she got it brand new. She's either smooth or feels like it wheelhops (happens more often on stop and go traffic). Other than that, the car drives fine, no alignment issues, tracks straight, CEL is somehow gone for some reason. She's looking to trade in in a year to another small car (which what she's used to), she wants a fiat 500 or a Mini pooper (which would be dope ngl). She's also fun in tight parking garages
:hue: :dock: :megusta:

F gen Mini, even the 3 cyl, would be :neat:

I sort of love the 500 but they're sort of crap cars realistically. :iono: I would probably go for a Corolla XSE hatch, Honda Shit, Hyundai Veloster for a small hatchback with less maintenance.

:notsure: 500/MINI are worth it if you're not going for one of the performance variants.