2022 :plac: life !

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

Tar wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 8:05 am
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 7:41 am

Nice.

The new camarys look pretty sharp for a sedan IMHO.
Thanks Brad, it looks really good to me as well, kind reminds me of my 2004 TL in a number of ways. It actually drives really well, steering is tight, handling is secure (SE on 18s feels very well sorted for a kamfy kouch). No ragrets!
No doubt Toyoda quality is top notch for sure.
brain go brrrrrr
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

max225 wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 10:10 am
D Griff wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 10:04 am

What is the power train in the Cammie? Is it slow as balls? After driving this Ioniq for a few days, I think it is too slow for me, and I'm not really someone who cares too much about power.
It’s because it’s a flipping Hyundai …
What does this even mean? I feel like you have this age old prejudice against them for no reason other than they used to be cheap. Prius and JP’s CRV are just as slow. It’s because it’s a 50 MPG vehicle that’s made for efficiency and not performance.

Hyundai has the best warranty available, most standard features per dollar, they’re actually investing in affordable performance/fun models while all of the American manufacturers have pulled out of that market, love it or hate it, they are at least innovative with styling and design.

Honestly the dreaded slanted H and Kia are one of the best auto manufacturers around today. Just my :wrong: opinion of course.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

D Griff wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 10:30 am
max225 wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 10:10 am

It’s because it’s a flipping Hyundai …
What does this even mean? I feel like you have this age old prejudice against them for no reason other than they used to be cheap. Prius and JP’s CRV are just as slow. It’s because it’s a 50 MPG vehicle that’s made for efficiency and not performance.

Hyundai has the best warranty available, most standard features per dollar, they’re actually investing in affordable performance/fun models while all of the American manufacturers have pulled out of that market, love it or hate it, they are at least innovative with styling and design.

Honestly the dreaded slanted H and Kia are one of the best auto manufacturers around today. Just my :wrong: opinion of course.
It means it’s a Hyundai… a budget brand … a brand that is fairly new to the hybrid field unlike Toyota which been doing it for nearly 30 years. Hyundai has only made decent vehicles in within the last 7-10 year prior to this they were piles of steaming shit
max225

I frankly would find it insulting to compare a Toyota to a Hyundai.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

D Griff wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 10:04 am
Tar wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 10:02 am

Thanks so much broseph, this thing drives :nice: , I :wub: the hybrid, it's pretty dece.
What is the power train in the Cammie? Is it slow as balls? After driving this Ioniq for a few days, I think it is too slow for me, and I'm not really someone who cares too much about power.
So a quick blurb about the powertrain:
The car is equipped with the biggest hybrid powertrain available in non-pickup truck format, and the same one that's found in the Rav4/Hylander/Lexus whatevers. It has a petrol 2.5L 4 cyl with 170?hp, plus the added hybrid electric motor which pumps out something like 110?hp. Together, they are rated for 208hp output and there is a very seamless transfer of energy from the two powertrains to give it a VERY linear feel. It feels composed and quiet with no torque dip anywhere. Obviously picking it up with 7km on the odometer means that I'm being conservative with acceleration, but at no point does it feel slow, unless I'm trying to keep it under 25 and stay in EV only, or I set it to ECO mode, which significantly slows things down. In normal or sport mode it feels like a NA V6 up to what I imagine is 4000 rpms.

These two clowns did a driving review on the slightly more upscale version of the same car, and you can see their reaction to full out acceleration and critique 45 seconds into the video. Not much I can add to their sentiments until the car is broken in and I play with it some more, would say it's legit at this point:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

max225 wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 10:53 am I frankly would find it insulting to compare a Toyota to a Hyundai.
:lolol: :wtf:

I rented a current Prius for a week last summer and now have this. They are literally the same thing but the Hyundai looks better inside and out. It also has way more features, but I can't speak to how they were ordered/price so I'll leave that out. But just from a design and materials stand point, as well as interface, the Hyundai is a much nicer car. It also has a better warranty. The Toyota may well outlast, but who is going to drive something more than 100K miles on DFD anyway?
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

And FWIW I would also consider Toyota a top tier and compelling manufacturer in my book in 2022, they are making tons of good stuff right now.

It is just :lolol: to say a Hyundai is trash because it's a Hyundai. Your argument would be like saying iPhones were shit in 2010 because Blackberry had been in the smart phone game with much success for so much longer.

They lead in many categories and are top 3-5 pics in almost all.
max225

D Griff wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 12:19 pm
max225 wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 10:53 am I frankly would find it insulting to compare a Toyota to a Hyundai.

I rented a current Prius for a week last summer and now have this. They are literally the same thing but the Hyundai looks better inside and out. It also has way more features, but I can't speak to how they were ordered/price so I'll leave that out. But just from a design and materials stand point, as well as interface, the Hyundai is a much nicer car. It also has a better warranty. The Toyota may well outlast, but who is going to drive something more than 100K miles on DFD anyway?
Eh. I dunno. That warranty is sort of a "joke" anyways its powertrain for 6/100 it isn't bumper to bumper. I'd argue its simply a legacy thing they HAD to do to convince americans that they weren't building shit boxes anymore. Ironically their modern offerings don't really need it.

I am maintaining my position. Toyota is well above hyundai no matter what "warranty" or "extra features" it'll have. They are better built/better cars period that are of a higher engineering pedigree and quality.

Yes Hyundai has a value prop. Always has
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

max225 wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 12:22 pm
D Griff wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 12:19 pm

Eh. I dunno. That warranty is sort of a "joke" anyways its powertrain for 6/100 it isn't bumper to bumper. I'd argue its simply a legacy thing they HAD to do to convince americans that they weren't building shit boxes anymore. Ironically their modern offerings don't really need it.

I am maintaining my position. Toyota is well above hyundai no matter what "warranty" or "extra features" it'll have. They are better built/better cars period that are of a higher engineering pedigree and quality.

Have you ever driven a Hyundai?
max225

D Griff wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 12:25 pm
max225 wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 12:22 pm

Have you ever driven a Hyundai?
Yes.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

In 2 years of owning the :rage: 4 I’ve been less than impressed when it comes to the quality the yota is supposed to offer.

Maybe it’ll last a decade but my sister-in-law has a same year Tucson and that’s nicer inside and out.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

The Hyundai hybrid power train is massively different from the Toyota. It uses a pancake electric motor in between the engine and 6 speed automatic transmission. That transmission is probably why it feels slow from a stop until the engine gets going.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

I would not hesitate to buy a Hyundai over a Toyota. In fact I tried to do just that but the Hyundais didn’t exist on lots when I was buying. Would have been better than this Honda box of shit for sure.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Gberg2119 wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 12:46 pm In 2 years of owning the :rage: 4 I’ve been less than impressed when it comes to the quality the yota is supposed to offer.

Maybe it’ll last a decade but my sister-in-law has a same year Tucson and that’s nicer inside and out.
My bro and SIL feel the same way about their Prius. That thing is really a pile inside. Cheap, rattle-y plastics everywhere, and they've needed to get some mechanical shit repaired, like basic shit that usually doesn't fail. Can't :member: :wat: , :doe:
Friend of mine has 2 Tucson's, a 2015 that she handed down to her daughter that has over 100k miles and has been pretty much flawless, and a newer 2020 that's a :nice: step up inside over the 2015. And our 2019 Sonata has been 100% flawless so far and is still tight and rattle free inside.

H is a legit player in the market now.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 7:41 am

Nice.

The new camarys look pretty sharp for a sedan IMHO.
Thanks Brad, it looks really good to me as well, kind reminds me of my 2004 TL in a number of ways. It actually drives really well, steering is tight, handling is secure (SE on 18s feels very well sorted for a kamfy kouch). No ragrets!
:mindblown: just like how my accord reminds me of my older TSX. Current midsize sedans have started to become less blander, its too bad the US spec passat kinda sucks now :doe: :sad:

Midsize brothers unite!!
Last edited by MexicanYarisTK on Thu Feb 24, 2022 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

wap wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 1:45 pm
Gberg2119 wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 12:46 pm In 2 years of owning the :rage: 4 I’ve been less than impressed when it comes to the quality the yota is supposed to offer.

My bro and SIL feel the same way about their Prius. That thing is really a pile inside. Cheap, rattle-y plastics everywhere, and they've needed to get some mechanical shit repaired, like basic shit that usually doesn't fail. Can't :member: :wat: , :doe:
Friend of mine has 2 Tucson's, a 2015 that she handed down to her daughter that has over 100k miles and has been pretty much flawless, and a newer 2020 that's a :nice: step up inside over the 2015. And our 2019 Sonata has been 100% flawless so far and is still tight and rattle free inside.

H is a legit player in the market now.
Thats also my impression with the Forte, only problem I had was the A/c leaking into the cabin issue. Otherwise it has been pretty great
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Now will I :plac: again for this year. hmm
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 2:35 pm

:mindblown: just like how my accord reminds me of my older TSX. Current midsize sedans have started to become less blander, its too bad the US spec passat kinda sucks now :doe: :sad:

Midsize brothers unite!!
Murican Passat is dead. Only Atlas's and (I think) ID4's coming out of the TN plant.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

wap wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 3:05 pm

Midsize brothers unite!!
Murican Passat is dead. Only Atlas's and (I think) ID4's coming out of the TN plant.
:dat: and im not surprised, pretty :sad: still.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Midsize brothers unite!!
max225

:hibachi: updates
max225

I just realized how slow we are in 2022... once again reflecting the market itself... car sales have slowed significantly.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

max225 wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 2:38 pm I just realized how slow we are in 2022... once again reflecting the market itself... car sales have slowed significantly.
You think I'll be able to slide in there? The :dillerman: has told me December delivery of the BRZ... but still no actual confirmation in writing on anything, the $1K is charged to my card :doe:
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

4. 2022 brz in bloo by Mr Coogles
Issa GR86 :bruh:
max225

coogles wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 3:34 pm
4. 2022 brz in bloo by Mr Coogles
Issa GR86 :bruh:
Sorry ! Corrected .
Last edited by max225 on Mon Jul 18, 2022 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.