Grounded to the Ground - Vanilla Cammie Chronicles

Strut your greasy stuff!
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Tar wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 7:10 pm
max225 wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 6:22 pm

To be fair … TSX has a crooked latch as well.
Also it has a cover for the latch … cuz unsightly obviously 🙄
Don't get me wrong i love my new car, but you're not going to convince me that the build quality is as good as your TSX. My trunk doesn't close properly and when i give it a good crank it hits my bumper and rubs paint off of it.
I am totally not trying to convince you btw. Was just curious and took a pic of the tsx thing… the paint rubbing is not ok
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

max225 wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 8:00 pm
Tar wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 7:10 pm

Don't get me wrong i love my new car, but you're not going to convince me that the build quality is as good as your TSX. My trunk doesn't close properly and when i give it a good crank it hits my bumper and rubs paint off of it.
I am totally not trying to convince you btw. Was just curious and took a pic of the tsx thing… the paint rubbing is not ok
All good, I'm curious to see how the dealership reacts to the open issues. I'll report back for science. I'll throw some paint pics when I'm at the car next.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

You can see the misalignment in the gaps, the trunk needs to move to the right and they'll be able to straighten the latch a bit. Pics of marks as promised.

Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

I posted the trunk alignment concern to a toyotanation forum, and some dude that also had trunk alignment problems responded with this:

"Does the gap between your trunk lid and fenders/bumper look even all the way around from one side to the other?
Your alignment must be way off if it’s touching the bumper like that.

I adjusted mine after noticing it wasn’t quite centered - the gap was wider on one side.

To adjust you take off the black cover that’s on the inside of the trunk lid to get access to the bolts.

What I did was I loosened the bolts and closed the trunk with the bolts loosened.
I then adjusted the trunk where the gap on both sides was absolutely even.
You also gotta pay attention that you get the trunk depth right and not just the side to side alignment.
Just make sure the gap is even all the way from one side of the rear window to the other side.

When everything looked good I lowered the rear seat backrests and crawled inside the trunk with a flash light and tightened the bolts. Turned out perfect on mine."

:notbad: , but I'll let the dealership do the crawling.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Makes sense, :doe:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

wap wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 11:00 amMakes sense, :doe:
Yep, good fix. This is where VW outshines Toyota, the assembly quality of the Cammie is disappointing coming from my R.

No regrets :doe: , i spoke to a guy that works for the company that bought it, still sitting on the lot and the head unit died and wouldn't turn back on so they replaced it with a new one. He thought that the car looks fantastic and in really great shape for mileage.
max225

Tar wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 11:46 am
wap wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 11:00 amMakes sense, :doe:
Yep, good fix. This is where VW outshines Toyota, the assembly quality of the Cammie is disappointing coming from my R.

No regrets :doe: , i spoke to a guy that works for the company that bought it, still sitting on the lot and the head unit died and wouldn't turn back on so they replaced it with a new one. He thought that the car looks fantastic and in really great shape for mileage.
Not surprising that it’s sitting … how long has it been ?
Insanity
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 12:55 pm
Tar wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 11:46 am

Not surprising that it’s sitting … how long has it been ?
Insanity
I think I sold it in December, 5 months? R.I.P Carvana wannabe.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

Tar wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 6:01 pm
max225 wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 5:49 pm

:derp: sorry missed it :wtf:
:wtf:
1. Front bumper misaligned
2. Sunroof misaligned
3. Trunk latch and trunk misaligned
4. Rear bumper molding has plastic spikes protruding

That's not typical toyota quality, or any manufacturer really
This is something I'd expect more from a Ford. My family owned roughly 4 Fords, last 2 has paint bubble issues, the Windstar that we had when I was in 6th grade, the door was struggling to close etc. Ford is always known to have a subpar build quality. Except for my :tits: 10 year Fiesta is almost flawless other than the shitty automatic transmission which Ford has lost in lawsuit for it (dat DCT) and the exterior cosmetic scratches bc parking in the nations capital. Also doors closes with a decent thunk as well.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Just for laughs..

Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Back story, a Cammie owner had his car in the shop or something and was driving a Sentra. He missed is car but called it a Cammy. Made it through 14 posts before someone questioned his manhood. I stepped in and cleared the air on how Cammie is properly spelled.

That's about all the drama to be found on the Toyota forum.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Tar wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 5:12 pm Back story, a Cammie owner had his car in the shop or something and was driving a Sentra. He missed is car but called it a Cammy. Made it through 14 posts before someone questioned his manhood. I stepped in and cleared the air on how Cammie is properly spelled.

:impressive:

I've only perused a few 4R forums, and they're not the most engaging. We should :trollface: general Toyota forums together :gaydance:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 5:15 pm
Tar wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 5:12 pm Back story, a Cammie owner had his car in the shop or something and was driving a Sentra. He missed is car but called it a Cammy. Made it through 14 posts before someone questioned his manhood. I stepped in and cleared the air on how Cammie is properly spelled.

:impressive:

I've only perused a few 4R forums, and they're not the most engaging. We should :trollface: general Toyota forums together :gaydance:
We should, let me know if you come across some good content to spring board off of.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

On another note, I've been paying about $90 to fill the Cammie (45 liters at $2.09/litre). Been AVERAGING 49 MPG (4.8 l/100km) which gets me 900kms per fill, or $10 for every 100km, similar to what the R cost me prior to Justiflation.

If I still had my R it would be 50 litres at $2.44/litre a whopping $122 to fill, so I'm not complaining as this would cost me $23/100km. +1 for :plac: this time around, the timing was perfect.

Edit: Been filling the Cammie 5x month, so significant.
max225

5x a month at the rape station :(
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 8:24 pm 5x a month at the rape station :(
Yeah man, but in all fairness I picked up another client and have been driving to Oshawa to assist with the launch of their new p/up truck lines. Paid for the mileage... And still juggling the usual tech support stint for a Japanese robot brand that's used to build Toyotas, so it's extra. The GM thing is wrapping up this year and I'll be back at it once the Ingersoll Terrain plant gets an overhaul. I'll have time to breath again shortly. This is why FE matters in my world.
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Tar wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 8:30 pm
max225 wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 8:24 pm 5x a month at the rape station :(
Yeah man, but in all fairness I picked up another client and have been driving to Oshawa to assist with the launch of their new p/up truck lines. Paid for the mileage... And still juggling the usual tech support stint for a Japanese robot brand that's used to build Toyotas, so it's extra. The GM thing is wrapping up this year and I'll be back at it once the Ingersoll Terrain plant gets an overhaul. I'll have time to breath again shortly. This is why FE matters in my world.
Honestly if I drove your miles for work I would have ditched the R or made it a second car way long ago.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

razr390 wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 8:53 pm
Tar wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 8:30 pm

Honestly if I drove your miles for work I would have ditched the R or made it a second car way long ago.
It was a nice car, but the :wrong: to for the job. This is way better, and i can argue that it's the ideal car choice for the mileage in doing. B2B may be gone in a year so used would have been even smarter if the markets weren't upside down.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

I took the beasty to the cottage to do some maintenance work in between rental groups, then hit it with some Mother's Bug Remover before doing a coin op car wash thingy. The Cammie cleans up nicely, but I'm kind of regretting not ppf the front end like I did with the R. Stone chips are starting to amass and its the kind of car I'll likely drive into the ground. I guess I can still put it on when I goto get it tinted.

Car has been pretty consistent on the FE front, I average 47mpg per tank almost every time which is outstanding for a car this big. Everything works as advertised, and no drama for better or worse. I like driving it, ride comfort is a 5/7 and it is adequate in every street driving scenario to date. I crossed 10000 miles during the trip up.

The lake has warmed up, and we are planning a week up there at the end of the month, Last time we went up I was able to wedge our entire pile of bags and a new BBQ in original packaging into the trunk, which saved us from taking the T-reg. Great great daily car for those of us who need more space but aren't feeling an SUV/cuckUV and don't drive over moon craters daily. That last statement is a dig at Johnny_P, because this thing would have a bent control arm and a cracked bumper or two by now if it lived in Philly. Sad that :truk: has become necessary for çç I'm still not sure how it'll do in deeper snow since it has a pretty low ride height.

Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Night shots of the beast, it got some seriously dark tints this week that I regretted approving five minutes after saying yes. 20% front and back is a new low for me in more than one way. I'm going to wager that nobody even GAF and I'll have these on as long as the car is mine.

And now for your viewing pleasure, I present photos of the most fuel miserly car I've ever owned.

Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

47 is pretty good! The Malibu I rented averaged 32. So that’s a significant bump.

Re: Philly shithole roads. Yeah. The CRV has something wrong with the front left. It’s groaning and creaking now. So nothing is really going to hold up.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Tar wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 12:52 am Night shots of the beast, it got some seriously dark tints this week that I regretted approving five minutes after saying yes. 20% front and back is a new low for me in more than one way. I'm going to wager that nobody even GAF and I'll have these on as long as the car is mine.

And now for your viewing pleasure, I present photos of the most fuel miserly car I've ever owned.

That is quite dark! 20% is legal in Ontario?!

I failed inspection this year due to tint and then at the second place they said it's too dark but they passed me 'just the once'. Mine were installed at 35% but tested at 29%. According to the inspection bro, they actually get darker over time :mindblown:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 8:18 am
Tar wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 12:52 am Night shots of the beast, it got some seriously dark tints this week that I regretted approving five minutes after saying yes. 20% front and back is a new low for me in more than one way. I'm going to wager that nobody even GAF and I'll have these on as long as the car is mine.

I failed inspection this year due to tint and then at the second place they said it's too dark but they passed me 'just the once'. Mine were installed at 35% but tested at 29%. According to the inspection bro, they actually get darker over time :mindblown:
The back can be anything I want, 20%, 5%... driver and passenger window also has 20% RN, but NO TINT AT ALL is legal on those windows as of recent legislation. Anything I put on the glass is breaking the rules, but we don't have inspections here anymore, so it's on the police officers to enforce it if they deem it necessary which rarely happens ever.

I should have gone lighter all around because I don't like it when the front windows are lighter then the back windows, and 20% is gangster dark. The kids wanted it dark in the back and always fight over which side will have less sun when we're heading to places that we frequent often, like the sports park where they have soccer practice/etc.... Somehow between their squabbling, and the tint guy chirping into my ear about going 20% because it's the best, I said fk it and agreed that 20% would be :thisisfine: . As soon as I said 'sure' to get the job started I slightly regretted my decision, but a part of me wanted to see this stupid idea through :lolol:

It is kind of nice having that level of privacy, and with the sunroof shade open it looks a bit lighter in the front and can probably pass for a lighter shade. Either way, if I did get a fix-it ticket, I can pull the front two films off and submit a pic to have the fine dropped.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Tar wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 8:46 am
D Griff wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 8:18 am

The back can be anything I want, 20%, 5%... driver and passenger window also has 20% RN, but NO TINT AT ALL is legal on those windows as of recent legislation. Anything I put on the glass is breaking the rules, but we don't have inspections here anymore, so it's on the police officers to enforce it if they deem it necessary which rarely happens ever.

I should have gone lighter all around because I don't like it when the front windows are lighter then the back windows, and 20% is gangster dark. The kids wanted it dark in the back and always fight over which side will have less sun when we're heading to places that we frequent often, like the sports park where they have soccer practice/etc.... Somehow between their squabbling, and the tint guy chirping into my ear about going 20% because it's the best, I said fk it and agreed that 20% would be :thisisfine: . As soon as I said 'sure' to get the job started I slightly regretted my decision, but a part of me wanted to see this stupid idea through :lolol:

It is kind of nice having that level of privacy, and with the sunroof shade open it looks a bit lighter in the front and can probably pass for a lighter shade. Either way, if I did get a fix-it ticket, I can pull the front two films off and submit a pic to have the fine dropped.
:notbad: All you need now is a Cammie dent and you'll be full drug dealer spec.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:03 am
Tar wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 8:46 am

:notbad: All you need now is a Cammie dent and you'll be full drug dealer spec.
My wife is backing out of the garage RN with narrow access to get around the drug mule... Today may be my lucky day!