Car Talk 6: Best of times and Worst of Times

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

golftdibrad1 wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 1:41 pm
most people have some symbolic presence of law and order in their city, SF is an exception.

:yikes:

Old cars FTW, i guess
It's straight out of gone in 60 seconds. There must be someone on the inside at a diller helping to get these keys made.
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

Gberg2119 wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 3:15 pm
most people have some symbolic presence of law and order in their city, SF is an exception.

Old cars FTW, i guess
It's straight out of gone in 60 seconds. There must be someone on the inside at a diller helping to get these keys made.
That’s wild. Just walk into a dealer with fake documents and they’ll hand you a key to someone else’s car.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

max225 wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 1:16 pm

I still don’t understand who parks 6 figure cars outside in the elements.

You can’t leave simple items outside like a lawnmower, unattended yet somehow it’s been normalized for the second most expensive object in your lives.
Gberg2119 wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 12:34 pm

Stealing new ones is super easy apparently. I've been following this thread for a while but there haven't been many updates. Apparently lots of new bmw's in the northeast are getting stolen this way.

In the the old thread that disappeared he has them on video at like 4am coming to take the car but it was either blocked in or in his garage so they couldn't get to it.

https://g80.bimmerpost.com/forums/showt ... ?t=2025556

Old cars FTW, i guess
That car is in jersey. Don’t believe the fake news media when it comes to crime. Plenty of cities in Red states are still worse than blue SF when it comes to overall crime. It’s very popular to hate on SF at the moment. But frankly crime is a nationwide epidemic
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

max225 wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 5:35 pm

Old cars FTW, i guess
That car is in jersey. Don’t believe the fake news media when it comes to crime. Plenty of cities in Red states are still worse than blue SF when it comes to overall crime. It’s very popular to hate on SF at the moment. But frankly crime is a nationwide epidemic
:THANKYOU:
Same shit happens to Chicago all the time.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

My Corvette and 328i only came with one key… :disgust: but I just lived with it, never lost a key on either. Both were dece deals originally so I dealt with it. The dumbass place that sold me the BMW clearly lost it in the process though, which was lame.
wap

D Griff wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 9:04 pm My Corvette and 328i only came with one key… :disgust: but I just lived with it, never lost a key on either. Both were dece deals originally so I dealt with it. The dumbass place that sold me the BMW clearly lost it in the process though, which was lame.
My Blue Meanie only came with 1 key when I bought it, but the :doge: :dillerman: that I bought it from offered to pay for a second key. They actually called my VW :dillerman: with a company CC and had them order me a key. :notbad:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Even when working with a Dodge dealer you have weird VW :alpo: luck.
golftdibrad1
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: on used bald tires

Sure, every city has reverted to *checks notes* people shitting in the streets being a real problem. And the vast majority of cities even in red states are BLUE and that is the core problem in many ways, its not a state gov problem its a local gov problem.
wap wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 8:08 pm
:lol:

https://heyjackass.com/

Stellar example smooth brain. Let me translate: "I also live in a crime infested shithole, its normal."

You are the perfect example of what is wrong with our country / culture. Get your booster.
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:28 pm I'm happy for Brad because nobody jerks it to the Miata harder on this forum and that is the Crown Prince of Miatas.
max225

D Griff wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 5:37 am Even when working with a Dodge dealer you have weird VW :alpo: luck.
Yea it’s :impressive: the :doge: dealers are incredible hot garbage out here. Dudes in $20 suits trying to sell you undercoating in 2023 “losing money” on every deal here
Desertbreh
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 5:37 am Even when working with a Dodge dealer you have weird VW :alpo: luck.
They knew who they were dealing with. Captain Lifetime Plastic Water Pump.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
wap

:notwrong: :lolol: :iono:
wap

max225 wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 8:07 am
Yea it’s :impressive: the :doge: dealers are incredible hot garbage out here. Dudes in $20 suits trying to sell you undercoating in 2023 “losing money” on every deal here
The place was a dump. This was my :dillerman: 's chair:

wap

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 8:30 am
A few weeks after I got said key, I got a little package in the mail from my VW :dillerman: out of the blue. I didn't even notice but the new key the :doge: store paid for didn't have the GTI chrome piece so the VW store mailed it to me, on their own initiative. :notbad:

They have since been sold to another :tubeman: chain, mostly Honda stores. So far they've been good but time will tell if they're "as good".
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

golftdibrad1 wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 7:41 am
Sure, every city has reverted to *checks notes* people shitting in the streets being a real problem. And the vast majority of cities even in red states are BLUE and that is the core problem in many ways, its not a state gov problem its a local gov problem.
wap wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 8:08 pm

Stellar example smooth brain. Let me translate: "I also live in a crime infested shithole, its normal."

You are the perfect example of what is wrong with our country / culture. Get your booster.
When was the last time you set foot in a city? Is this all just based on Fox News “reporting”?

I was in Manhattan and Brooklyn this week, saw no poop in the streets outside of bird. I also walked 5-6 miles between the two, biked 17, rode the subway, this was a pretty solid sample size.
max225

D Griff wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 11:58 am

When was the last time you set foot in a city? Is this all just based on Fox News “reporting”?

I was in Manhattan and Brooklyn this week, saw no poop in the streets outside of bird. I also walked 5-6 miles between the two, biked 17, rode the subway, this was a pretty solid sample size.
The ironic part is all this hating about that… I can say from personal experience that SF has less homeless than they did when I worked there, which ironically is when no one even talked about it from 2016-20.

Now it’s every day… crime this and crime that. My golf got broken into in 2017… way before it was popular to post about it online and no one did a damn thing…

I’m glad it’s getting coverage now but … having visited red states a plenty I can confirm that they are just as bad or worse than Cali … yet no one is talking about it …

I think this will turn into another Cali first thing, and the crackdown on crime here will lead the efforts of the rest of the nation as it has in the last 30 years for when new patterns emerge. We were the first with the insane homeless/fentanyl fun times … probs the first to get rid of that shit in some sort of way.
max225

wap wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 11:25 am
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 8:30 am

A few weeks after I got said key, I got a little package in the mail from my VW :dillerman: out of the blue. I didn't even notice but the new key the :doge: store paid for didn't have the GTI chrome piece so the VW store mailed it to me, on their own initiative. :notbad:

They have since been sold to another :tubeman: chain, mostly Honda stores. So far they've been good but time will tell if they're "as good".
I :member: the chrome inset gate
golftdibrad1
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

Shit joke was specific to San Francisco. there is a tracker https://www.arcgis.com/apps/View/index. ... b02a76d2a4

I was in Knoxville a few weekends ago and go on the semi reg. Spots have homeless issues, but very little shit on the street. Still manages to be clean and non-murdery.
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:28 pm I'm happy for Brad because nobody jerks it to the Miata harder on this forum and that is the Crown Prince of Miatas.
max225

golftdibrad1 wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 1:41 pm

Shit joke was specific to San Francisco. there is a tracker https://www.arcgis.com/apps/View/index. ... b02a76d2a4

I was in Knoxville a few weekends ago and go on the semi reg. Spots have homeless issues, but very little shit on the street. Still manages to be clean and non-murdery.
Knoxville more than double the murder rate of sf. 18 vs 6.9 per 100k residents.

May want to check your :fax:
golftdibrad1
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

max225 wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 2:00 pm
golftdibrad1 wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 1:41 pm

Knoxville more than double the murder rate of sf. 18 vs 6.9 per 100k residents.

May want to check your :fax:
You are looking at knox city and not the wider area of knox county as a whole. They city is a very small area with low population and most of the crime, and its almost entirely 'the bad' part of town. its also run by democrats, and that is my core argument. The county is not, its run by KANE.

SF population is 4x knox city so 2x actual murders
SF 47 sq miles Knox 104 sq miles

so roughly 4x the murder per sq mile. And, Knox gets safer as you move away from the city.... would you live in Oakland?
max225

You mentioned SF and compared to Knoxville. The fuck does cesspool Oakland have to do with anything as well as land mass. Clearly an ocean locked real city will be more dense than fly over town full of strip malls
golftdibrad1
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

I'm just saying people move out of the bad parts of 'the city' and it heavily skews the crime rate calculations in this area.

Thats ok, keep hating. Stay in CA, please; we like it that way.
golftdibrad1
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

Please stay away from the wretched knox 'flyover country' you coastal elitist fucks. I'm not even kidding. I even know 1000's people you can have back that dont deserve the awesome that is this area. I'll keep my guns, freedom, wide open spaces, and somewhat affordable housing.

Anyway, cars
Belt driven oil pump...in the oil. what a stupid design.
max225

golftdibrad1 wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 2:33 pm I'm just saying people move out of the bad parts of 'the city' and it heavily skews the crime rate calculations in this area.

You’re the one that’s hating. I’m pointing out the fact that your cesspool of a town is a worse than SF for murders. You took some shots while being uneducated in the actual crime stats of your own areas

Truth hurts
golftdibrad1
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

max225 wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 3:26 pm
golftdibrad1 wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 2:33 pm I'm just saying people move out of the bad parts of 'the city' and it heavily skews the crime rate calculations in this area.

You’re the one that’s hating. I’m pointing out the fact that your cesspool of a town is a worse than SF for murders. You took some shots while being uneducated in the actual crime stats of your own areas

Truth hurts
as i pointed out its more complex than that, but continue to ignore :fax: and appeal to the ultimate authority of manipulated / misinterpreted stats.

I continue being happy in "fly over town full of strip malls"
max225

golftdibrad1 wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 3:32 pm
max225 wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 3:26 pm

Truth hurts
as i pointed out its more complex than that, but continue to ignore :fax: and appeal to the ultimate authority of manipulated / misinterpreted stats.

I continue being happy in "fly over town full of strip malls"
And I’m going to continue being happy in a sanctuary city crime infested hell hole.

So it’s settled

:lolgasm: