How were you a cuck today?

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

troyguitar wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 2:24 pm
Detroit wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 2:06 pm
I'd need a promotion to give me a reason to do something like this, mostly because of this exactly. $5k/mo in rent is :fullretard: to me, but if I get paid for it, then :aintcare: would be fun for a while at least. I'm "rich" compared to most of the country, but in NYC, I'd barely be scraping by. Um, no.
I'm counting both rent AND going out to restaurants/shows in that minimum, because if you're just sitting in your little apartment and only going out to get overpriced groceries that are a PITA to carry home on the subway then you shouldn't be in the city. There's a reason that you almost never see anyone cooking or eating at home (besides delivery/takeout) in any TV show set in the city.
:dat:

I mean, you do "save" in a couple of areas there... no car :bs: , no hobbies because there's no room to do anything, no groceries for the reasons you mentioned, etc. So basically all of your money can go to rent and :waxer: food/events out.

It is fun for sure but I think I'd be over it in a couple of months. There is a reason why people with fuck you money live in SoCal or Miami, have a place in NYC, and a place in like CO/MT/whatever mountain/"remote" place.
Acid666
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 02 Z06/95 Meowta/05 SilveraDOE

Getting ready to be a cuck'd out weekend bruh.

God damnit.

I may buy the Harbor Freight generator after this one. Bout to time to finally take the splurge and get one.
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

:( Good luck, dude. Stay safe.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

The HF generator seems a worthwhile investment for Louisiana living.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

D Griff wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 3:07 pm The HF generator seems a worthwhile investment for Louisiana living.
We had the power go out for 4 days after a bad storm a few weeks back. My little 2k watt HF generator saved the day by powering the fridge and cheat freezer in the garage, along with phone charging. It's worth it.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 12:14 pm
troyguitar wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 2:24 pm

I'm counting both rent AND going out to restaurants/shows in that minimum, because if you're just sitting in your little apartment and only going out to get overpriced groceries that are a PITA to carry home on the subway then you shouldn't be in the city. There's a reason that you almost never see anyone cooking or eating at home (besides delivery/takeout) in any TV show set in the city.
:dat:

I mean, you do "save" in a couple of areas there... no car :bs: , no hobbies because there's no room to do anything, no groceries for the reasons you mentioned, etc. So basically all of your money can go to rent and :waxer: food/events out.

It is fun for sure but I think I'd be over it in a couple of months. There is a reason why people with fuck you money live in SoCal or Miami, have a place in NYC, and a place in like CO/MT/whatever mountain/"remote" place.
Already living in a remote place, I wouldn't immediately shoot down the idea of spending more time in NYC if they're going to pay me for it. We'll see.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

the big city is a great experience and I think anyone would benefit in "life" if they at least tried it for a few months or a year or so. New appreciation for it. However I would be hard pressed to stay/settle in a big city unless the earning opportunity is insane or family/roots.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
MrH42
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: '23 Lightning + '23 BRZ

I've been having back issues on and off for 6+ months now. I paid $500 for a hideous gaming chair that had a kind of innovative lumbar support system. It's hideous though, uncomfortable in other ways.

Back issues took a real dive in the last week. A drunk discovery of a 15% off coupon at Herman Miller, $1200 later, and I bought a true ergonomic chair. Massive improvement. Should have just bought a proper chair to begin with. I done cucked myself :(
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

MrH42 wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 10:40 am I've been having back issues on and off for 6+ months now. I paid $500 for a hideous gaming chair that had a kind of innovative lumbar support system. It's hideous though, uncomfortable in other ways.

Back issues took a real dive in the last week. A drunk discovery of a 15% off coupon at Herman Miller, $1200 later, and I bought a true ergonomic chair. Massive improvement. Should have just bought a proper chair to begin with. I done cucked myself :(
:impressive: Cuck move sans :tits: involvement.

I recently switched my office chair at home from a stock C5 sports seat to a Sparco R100 due to putting the :poorvette: back in the car to sell. It feels comfy but my back has been hurting a bit as well. I might need to just buy a real office chair, but man, $1200 is a tough pill to swallow for something that I really don't care about. Perhaps I can just go steal a chair from our corp. office :lolol:
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 12:03 pm
MrH42 wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 10:40 am I've been having back issues on and off for 6+ months now. I paid $500 for a hideous gaming chair that had a kind of innovative lumbar support system. It's hideous though, uncomfortable in other ways.

I recently switched my office chair at home from a stock C5 sports seat to a Sparco R100 due to putting the :poorvette: back in the car to sell. It feels comfy but my back has been hurting a bit as well. I might need to just buy a real office chair, but man, $1200 is a tough pill to swallow for something that I really don't care about. Perhaps I can just go steal a chair from our corp. office :lolol:
I bought a high mesh back office chair from Ikea 8 years ago for $200 and it's been fantastic. Good support, easy to sit in all day, no back issues after.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 12:21 pm
D Griff wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 12:03 pm

I bought a high mesh back office chair from Ikea 8 years ago for $200 and it's been fantastic. Good support, easy to sit in all day, no back issues after.
That is more my speed LOLZ. :tits: is always wanting to go to IKEA, could be a dece little date night I guess :lolol: :cuck:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

D Griff wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 1:15 pm
Detroit wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 12:21 pm
That is more my speed LOLZ. :tits: is always wanting to go to IKEA, could be a dece little date night I guess :lolol: :cuck:
My wife has a slightly upgraded chair, but this dark bl00 fabric chair from Ikea is well formed, comfy and functional. I recommend...

Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Also, get the :scrooge: dinner. Salmon is :notbad: if you're ok with hospital style trays and shit.
ChrisoftheNorth

Tarspin wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 1:37 pm Also, get the :scrooge: dinner. Salmon is :notbad: if you're ok with hospital style trays and shit.
I love Ikea food court food. We've done many "date nights" there.

I have this chair...

https://www.ikea.com/us/en/p/markus-off ... -90289172/

Remarkable the price hasn't changed in 8 years.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

:nice:

IKEA date night it is :lolol:
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

D Griff wrote::nice:

IKEA date night it is Imageol:
Swedish :meat: :balls:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 1:42 pm
Tarspin wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 1:37 pm Also, get the :scrooge: dinner. Salmon is :notbad: if you're ok with hospital style trays and shit.

I have this chair...

:waxer:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

I can live with paying two hunnit for a thing my ass is planted in 6-10 hours on most days.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 4:24 pm I can live with paying two hunnit for a thing my ass is planted in 6-10 hours on most days.
We run Steelcase gestures at the office and in MX. Decorator colors for dat interior design. Excellent comfort and quality. Pretty :waxer: but its not much different than a bed in terms of time you're stuck in it until I get my dream job checking water meters.

https://store.steelcase.com/seating/sto ... clcl=en_US
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

I have this chair...

SAME! :lolol: :rolleyes:
The Swedish :meat: :balls: with lingonberry :sawce: are :notbad:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

D Griff wrote:I can live with paying two hunnit for a thing my ass is planted in 6-10 hours on most days.
FWIW my wife bought a herman miller $800 chair when we moved and it kills her back after a few hours. She has it up for sale locally and has been using a walmart folding chair in the meantime which is somehow way more comfortable. Before that she had a $99 Staples chair for 10 years that worked fine until the pleather fell apart.
ChrisoftheNorth

wap wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 4:45 pm

I have this chair...

SAME! :lolol: :rolleyes:
The Swedish :meat: :balls: with lingonberry :sawce: are :notbad:
:dat: :wub: :meat: :balls:
ChrisoftheNorth

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 4:32 pm
D Griff wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 4:24 pm I can live with paying two hunnit for a thing my ass is planted in 6-10 hours on most days.
We run Steelcase gestures at the office and in MX. Decorator colors for dat interior design. Excellent comfort and quality. Pretty :waxer: but its not much different than a bed in terms of time you're stuck in it until I get my dream job checking water meters.

https://store.steelcase.com/seating/sto ... clcl=en_US
GM bought a bunch of steelcase chairs in an office I was in that they completely refurbished. Solid construction, but honestly my Ikea chair is more comfortable.

BUT, :tits: hates my Ikea chair, so YMMV
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

troyguitar wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 5:11 pm
D Griff wrote:I can live with paying two hunnit for a thing my ass is planted in 6-10 hours on most days.
FWIW my wife bought a herman miller $800 chair when we moved and it kills her back after a few hours. She has it up for sale locally and has been using a walmart folding chair in the meantime which is somehow way more comfortable. Before that she had a $99 Staples chair for 10 years that worked fine until the pleather fell apart.
It's kind of like a car... you can test drive it and be all :fuckyeah: on it when you hear brubs and feel pinned to the seat for 15 minutes... but you really need to spend a day with it to know if it's 'the one'.
MrH42
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: '23 Lightning + '23 BRZ

Staring down potential back surgery, $1200 is a small price to try to avoid it.