How were you a cuck today?

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

This place is pretty dead lately... I figured I would try to spice things up. Carrying on with the cuck theme, come in here and share your most recent cuck stories and/or talk about anything!

First entry:

I sold my Corvette on Friday and used a bit of the proceeds to purchase a new electric blower and weed eater this weekend and I'm weirdly stoked about all of it.
Acid666
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 02 Z06/95 Meowta/05 SilveraDOE

I need a new weed eater. I replaced a few parts on my 4 stroke one and it's still kind of acting the ass. Debating on going full out electric but I can't find a brand that I like where I can carry over the same battery ecosystem.
I.E. Kobalt weedeater with a 40v battery, but I can share the batteries with power tools. But Kobalt doesn't have an electric wratchet that I want like the Milwaukee one. So I'm trying to not have a ton of batteries and chargers all over the place, and even if I do find one that's good I don't want to be lugging a massive 40-80v battery in a handheld tool.
So that's my latest dilemma.

Just called Airgas to get a price on some 75%/25% welding gas tanks so I think I finally found the place I'll be buying gas from. Went to two other welding shops and neither carry the bottle size I'm looking for. These guys seem cool and only charge $70/year to lease the bottle.

Tried to install the Griff wheel in the C5 but Autozone couldn't find their steering wheel puller set for me to rent. Had QTY1 in the computer but he couldn't find it. I was too lazy to drive to another location so I just put it on hold.

Did a lot of work to the MR-2, ready to do some major floor pan rearranging and grinding to remove the sunroof. And then start with the roll cage design.
I've spent a lot of money in the last month on prepping this car. $700 on roll bar material, $300 on bend software, $700 on craigslist RSX parts for the swap, $500~ for the motor and trans. And then probably about $700 on my whole welding starting setup.
My wallet is all cucked out bro.
Last edited by Acid666 on Tue Aug 24, 2021 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

I took the last 2 Monday's off to get shit done around the exterior of the :haus: . Ended up using most of my time off doing :pinshit: :bs: for :tits: both days. :|
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

wap wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 11:58 am I took the last 2 Monday's off to get shit done around the exterior of the :haus: . Ended up using most of my time off doing :pinshit: :bs: for :tits: both days. :|
:impressive: entry.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Acid666 wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 11:57 am I need a new weed eater. I replaced a few parts on my 4 stroke one and it's still kind of acting the ass. Debating on going full out electric but I can't find a brand that I like where I can carry over the same battery ecosystem.
I.E. Kobalt weedeater with a 40v battery, but I can share the batteries with power tools. But Kobalt doesn't have an electric wratchet that I want like the Milwaukee one. So I'm trying to not have a ton of batteries and chargers all over the place, and even if I do find one that's good I don't want to be lugging a massive 40-80v battery in a handheld tool.
So that's my latest dilemma.

Just called Airgas to get a price on some 75%/25% welding gas tanks so I think I finally found the place I'll be buying gas from. Went to two other welding shops and neither carry the bottle size I'm looking for. These guys seem cool and only charge $70/year to lease the bottle.

Tried to install the Griff wheel in the C5 but Autozone couldn't find their steering wheel puller set for me to rent. Had QTY1 in the computer but he couldn't find it. I was too lazy to drive to another location so I just put it on hold.

Did a lot of work to the MR-2, ready to do some major floor pan rearranging and grinding to remove the sunroof. And then start with the roll cage design.
I've spent a lot of money in the last month on prepping this car. $700 on roll bar material, $300 on bend software, $700 on craigslist RSX parts for the swap, $500~ for the motor and trans. And then probably about $700 on my whole welding starting setup.
My wallet is all cucked out bro.
So far I really like the Ryobi stuff but :notsure: I would go with it for hand tools. I don't even know if they make hand tools in the 40V stuff, the batteries are pretty big and heavy for something like a drill or impact. I didn't mind holding the blower with the 6A lawnmower batter on it, but it isn't fall yet, so we'll see. Peak October/November fall here, blowing the damn 0.22 acres takes 6+ hours. At least I have two batteries.

I meant to mention in our PMs - our own :mahtroy: had a really solid DIY on corvetteforum for installing the wheel, :notsure: if you found that, but it was helpful. I think you have to solder in a few resistors somewhere to knock out the airbag code, IIRC.
wap

D Griff wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 12:33 pm
wap wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 11:58 am I took the last 2 Monday's off to get shit done around the exterior of the :haus: . Ended up using most of my time off doing :pinshit: :bs: for :tits: both days. :|
:impressive: entry.
:bow: :(
:lol:
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

Ive been damn busy for the entire week last week, so today was kind of a chill, slow day.

I stayed over in the city due to a zoom meeting that went till late last night, then played xbox till 3 AM (unknowingly). Woke up this morning around 8 went to the cafe to grab my latte and croissant, walked the longer distance to get some steps in. Then packed, took out the trash with my takeouts and the remaining. Went to the summer place, left the car in its lot (with some inspection of course since I street parked a lot for the last weekend in tight spaces). Hopped on the bird scooter to head to the port and realized I left my other bag with a bunch of stuff I bought from Greece once I arrived at the port. But at that point, I was kind of :aintcare: and can grab it in a couple days.

Switched to my boardshorts to go for a dip, did a few laps cause my body feels tired (probably not enough sleep). Didn't get too much emails, so later in the afternoon around 5, I bought some snacks similar to party mix with cheese curds and all that good stuff. Threw them into a bowl, opened a can of jack daniels and coke (the greek duty free sells pre-mixed jack and coke, bought 4 due to alcohol limits into the border, its 5/7). Eventually passed out in the balcony with some breeze, little bit of youtube on the ipad while simultaneously monitor emails.

And now on dfd posting about my damn day. :hue:
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
Acid666

I cleaned up some of my garage this weekend too.
Need the space to work in. Moved the Kmotor to the other side of the garage, moved wheels and tires back into the attic, cut down a massive 4x8 sheet of MDF down to size so I could get it out of the way. While in the attic I threw away a few large items that the wife doesn't seem to ever had a plan for but insists we keep.
I yeeted this fucking giant gnome and threw it in the trash like the gif of the dude throwing the kid on the bike.

Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

We've been lighting money on fire over the last month, mainly on :bs: we don't need, so I'm feeling a little deflated after paying of the CCs.

My two year old stove at the cottage rental place shit the bed during my last rental groups stay, and I got quoted $200-$800 (part dependant) over the phone, plus whatever the labor could be, and lead time on parts are supposedly horrendous right now.

The last time I came up, I could see that the upper oven element was fried, so I ordered a new one for $68 through Best Buy of all places. Thankfully it arrived quickly!

Shitty off-brand Amana made by Whirlpool is both unreliable and terrible to look at 🤣:

Turns out the relay on the left connects L1 voltage to the broil element, and it wasn't working either (coil was pulling but the contacts not changing state = fried dry contacts):

Took the cover off the little relay to have a better look at it, and it certainly is roasted, after making a few calls I found the component an hour away in London! Bought two for $8/piece and all the soldering gear I'll need to do the swap.

Rejoined the wife and kids for some beach time, and will show the kids how to solder when whe get back for dinner, then we can go spend some of the savings on shit we don't need again. :ohwell: , happy wife, happy life. :rolleyes:
Acid666

Tarspin wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 4:02 pm We've been lighting money on fire over the last month, mainly on :bs: we don't need, so I'm feeling a little deflated after paying of the CCs.

My two year old stove at the cottage rental place shit the bed during my last rental groups stay, and I got quoted $200-$800 (part dependant) over the phone, plus whatever the labor could be, and lead time on parts are supposedly horrendous right now.

The last time I came up, I could see that the upper oven element was fried, so I ordered a new one for $68 through Best Buy of all places. Thankfully it arrived quickly!

Shitty off-brand Amana made by Whirlpool is both unreliable and terrible to look at 🤣:

Turns out the relay on the left connects L1 voltage to the broil element, and it wasn't working either (coil was pulling but the contacts not changing state = fried dry contacts):

Took the cover off the little relay to have a better look at it, and it certainly is roasted, after making a few calls I found the component an hour away in London! Bought two for $8/piece and all the soldering gear I'll need to do the swap.

Rejoined the wife and kids for some beach time, and will show the kids how to solder when whe get back for dinner, then we can go spend some of the savings on shit we don't need again. :ohwell: , happy wife, happy life. :rolleyes:
I'm soooo ready for my oven/stovetop to shit the bed so I can make a claim with my appliance insurance and replace the damn thing completely, but it's so old school and stout that it ain't goin nowhere.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Tarspin wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 4:02 pm We've been lighting money on fire over the last month, mainly on :bs: we don't need, so I'm feeling a little deflated after paying of the CCs.

You sir, understand the cuck thread concept :lolol:

I feel like Acid and TK's contributions were decidedly un-cuck like as they seem to be doing whatever they want without wife influence.

Frankly, throwing away the giant gnome deserves an anti-cuck gold star :lolol:

I am far more the pack rat/hoarder of my wife and I. She actually convinced me to clean out my office and I am certainly feeling better sitting in a clean room.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

I applaud the :scrooge: oven repair :doe: , that is winning.

I love when I can figure such things out and save hundreds of dollars.
Acid666

D Griff wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 4:18 pm

I feel like Acid and TK's contributions were decidedly un-cuck like as they seem to be doing whatever they want without wife influence.

I am far more the pack rat/hoarder of my wife and I. She actually convinced me to clean out my office and I am certainly feeling better sitting in a clean room.

Oh the wife has influence. She hordes. I had my whole back patio full of MR2 parts and a pulled engine, but was asked to make space for her to put her overflow of succulents and other various plants that seem to need daily attention and would be wiped out at the next hurricane we get. And she's burning up my drill by using this ceramic drill bit to put drain holes in the constant train of amazon boxes delivering flower pots to my doorstep that all seem to lack said holes. So I moved all my shit to the side of the backyard onto a pair of pallets with layers of Harbor Freight tarps, and an engine that's on a Harbor Freight furniture dolly with a giant plastic bin on top to stop some rain from getting to it. I had to move my Harbor Freight lawn mower pull cart thing with it's sweet flaking North Korea paint job out in the elements now... I am sponsored by Hazard Fraught in case you haven't figured out by now.

So there's plenty of wife influence. There's also wife cleanup on isle Acid.
I'm about to chunk a pink powerwheel VW Beetle that she salvaged from someone's trash pile on the street with the intent of "remaking it with new graphics (that Acid would be asked to make), and put some cat bedding in along with some cardboard scratching pieces to give to some friends of ours for their inside cat".
Keep in mind these are people who are downsizing from a 2 story 3,000 ft² home to a small ass 1,400 ft² place in Arizona in a year or so who desperately need to downsize. These friends do not need a big ass powerwheel inside their house, that's a glorified cat bed.
This fucking power wheel has been collecting rain in my backyard for 6 months, and it's about to get yeeted as well. The cuck stops here.
Last edited by Acid666 on Tue Aug 24, 2021 4:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
wap

D Griff wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 4:26 pm I applaud the :scrooge: oven repair :doe: , that is winning.

I love when I can figure such things out and save hundreds of dollars.
:dat:
It's a great feeling, for sure. I've limped a few old gas stoves along by replacing thermocouples, thermostats, door hinges, etc. :scrooge:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

:lolol: :zing: :bow:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Acid666 wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 4:43 pm

Oh the wife has influence. She hordes. I had my whole back patio full of MR2 parts and a pulled engine, but was asked to make space for her to put her overflow of succulents and other various plants that seem to need daily attention and would be wiped out at the next hurricane we get. And she's burning up my drill by using this ceramic drill bit to put drain holes in the constant train of amazon boxes delivering flower pots to my doorstep that all seem to lack said holes. So I moved all my shit to the side of the backyard onto a pair of pallets with layers of Harbor Freight tarps, and an engine that's on a Harbor Freight furniture dolly with a giant plastic bin on top to stop some rain from getting to it. I had to move my Harbor Freight lawn mower pull cart thing with it's sweet flaking North Korea paint job out in the elements now... I am sponsored by Hazard Fraught in case you haven't figured out by now.

I'm about to chunk a pink powerwheel VW Beetle that she salvaged from someone's trash pile on the street with the intent of "remaking it with new graphics (that Acid would be asked to make), and put some cat bedding in along with some cardboard scratching pieces to give to some friends of ours for their inside cat".
Keep in mind these are people who are downsizing from a 2 story 3,000 ft² home to a small ass 1,400 ft² place in Arizona in a year or so who desperately need to downsize. These friends do not need a big ass powerwheel inside their house, that's a glorified cat bed.
This fucking power wheel has been collecting rain in my backyard for 6 months, and it's about to get yeeted as well. The cuck stops here.
:impressive:

Nothing :wrong: with Harbor Freight :doe:

That actually sounds like a 5/7 cat bed BUT get it out of there. Hell, you could probably sell it on CL at the moment and make some money :lolol:
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

You're a better man than me Mario. Clothes washer was throwing a code "F21" which is some kind of interruptus in the discharge of water. Sears dude came out, charged me $175 to clean a filter, which had an interesting assortment of shit in it....couple of keys, bottle cap, etc. Not sure how they got there as they are a lot bigger than the holes in the washer. Felt like a bit of a dumbass as that is pretty easy button stuff. THEN, it kept throwing the code. Same dudebro came out and replaced the pump, which he had in his van. Another $400. Still cheaper than a $1200-$1500 front loader that would not match the dryer anyway. Thing lasted 12 years without incident, :notbad:. Anyway, I did none of this myself, paid others to do it which arguably makes me the CUCKMASTER GENERAL. CSB.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Acid666 wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 4:43 pm

:lol: Good stuff man.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Desertbreh wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 5:10 pm

You're a better man than me Mario. Clothes washer was throwing a code "F21" which is some kind of interruptus in the discharge of water. Sears dude came out, charged me $175 to clean a filter, which had an interesting assortment of shit in it....couple of keys, bottle cap, etc. Not sure how they got there as they are a lot bigger than the holes in the washer. Felt like a bit of a dumbass as that is pretty easy button stuff. THEN, it kept throwing the code. Same dudebro came out and replaced the pump, which he had in his van. Another $400. Still cheaper than a $1200-$1500 front loader that would not match the dryer anyway. Thing lasted 12 years without incident, :notbad:. Anyway, I did none of this myself, paid others to do it which arguably makes me the CUCKMASTER GENERAL. CSB.
Thanks dude! We got back from the beach and I soldered the new relay in place. It looks like we're cooking with fire baby! 🔥

I like fixing things around the house, it's always easier then it seems at first and there's is personal satisfaction in it working afterwards, useful cuck :like:
Acid666

My mailbox cucked me when I got home from work yesterday. Bitch was split in half and laying on the ground. Didn't look like it got hit or anything, the wood just looks like it split in a weak spot and it folded over. This was a 4x4 wood post that is cemented into the ground, and has a tenon at the top to allow the horizontal 4x4 to pass thru it.
Gonna have to Paul Bunyon that bitch with some 2x4s or some shit this afternoon when I get home.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Desertbreh wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 5:10 pm

A true cuck would take the wife to Lowes and offer to procure a new matching set of her liking.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Wife's aunt and uncle left yesterday, realized that I've spent most of my month off so far visiting her friends and family. I'm not really mad about it, but I'm really over it. Start work in a week and a half and almost feel like I haven't had much me time. that makes me :|
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
wap

Detroit wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 11:25 am Wife's aunt and uncle left yesterday, realized that I've spent most of my month off so far visiting her friends and family. I'm not really mad about it, but I'm really over it. Start work in a week and a half and almost feel like I haven't had much me time. that makes me :|
:wtf: :disgust: :|
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 11:25 am Wife's aunt and uncle left yesterday, realized that I've spent most of my month off so far visiting her friends and family. I'm not really mad about it, but I'm really over it. Start work in a week and a half and almost feel like I haven't had much me time. that makes me :|
What the hell?
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

wap wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 12:23 pm
:wtf: :disgust: :|
Because we live in an Arctic frozen wasteland, the only acceptable month to visit us August, so it's just been non stop it seems. Oh well, at least it's out of the way for a while I guess.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.