JP’s Family Truckster

Strut your greasy stuff!
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

Or just replace the cabin filter every year??? It's cheap enough.
golftdibrad1
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: on used bald tires

Gberg2119 wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 2:38 pm Or just replace the cabin filter every year??? It's cheap enough.

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:28 pm I'm happy for Brad because nobody jerks it to the Miata harder on this forum and that is the Crown Prince of Miatas.
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

Just looked at the beast, trying to find out if a mouse made a nest in it or something. All looks clear so far. But I noticed a bunch of oil pooled up on top of the motor from their sloppy oil change.

Time to find a new dealer I guess. Ugh. Honda dealerships out here are the absolute worst.
Johnny_P

golftdibrad1 wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 3:52 pm
Gberg2119 wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 2:38 pm Or just replace the cabin filter every year??? It's cheap enough.

Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Nice Wix sponsored Memes.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 4:23 pm Just looked at the beast, trying to find out if a mouse made a nest in it or something. All looks clear so far. But I noticed a bunch of oil pooled up on top of the motor from their sloppy oil change.

Time to find a new dealer I guess. Ugh. Honda dealerships out here are the absolute worst.
Isn't faulkner supposed to be nice? :fancy: for a honda dillership since mercedes was forced out of it. Although you probably don't want to drive out there.
Irish
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '12 GIT (190K!)- 2011 Outie A5

Gberg2119 wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 4:58 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 4:23 pm Just looked at the beast, trying to find out if a mouse made a nest in it or something. All looks clear so far. But I noticed a bunch of oil pooled up on top of the motor from their sloppy oil change.

Isn't faulkner supposed to be nice? :fancy: for a honda dillership since mercedes was forced out of it. Although you probably don't want to drive out there.
We have a relationship with Faulkner actually. Wife unit got them on television in the Harrisburg demo 13 years ago ...friendships were struck.
Johnny_P

I have no idea. Closest alternative is piazza in south philly but that dealer chain are crooks too. Maybe their service isn’t as bad as their sales.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Irish wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 9:45 pm

We have a relationship with Faulkner actually. Wife unit got them on television in the Harrisburg demo 13 years ago ...friendships were struck.
I didn't realize faulkner had dillers out in harrisburg.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 10:31 pm

I have no idea. Closest alternative is piazza in south philly but that dealer chain are crooks too. Maybe their service isn’t as bad as their sales.
Service is probably just as bad, if not worse.

No decent indy places around you?
Johnny_P

Gberg2119 wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 11:37 am
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 10:31 pm

No auto repair shops in the city can be trusted
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 11:43 am

The one near me is good if you're willing to drive about 30min.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

:sad:
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

:dat: the dealer that i now trust, despite the battery scam they attempted. Its about 18 miles but its worth it. So i dont have to deal with other :bs:
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

Gberg2119 wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 12:02 pm

Im already doing that now :lol:
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
Johnny_P

Hector’s?
Johnny_P

I want electric car life. Never having to deal with this shit sounds sublime.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 8:30 pm

Hector’s?
Creighton
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Johnny_P wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 8:32 pm I want electric car life. Never having to deal with this shit sounds sublime.
EV car life is bliss if you charge at home/work. And nightmare if you don’t.
Johnny_P

Yeah so. Changed the air filter today. Got my handheld vacuum and rigged up a hose for this “dirty af” air box that it sits in.

Total time spent was 5 minutes. Air filter element was dirty and likely needed to be changed. Actually def needed to be changed since the “techs” poked a hole in it when they manhandled it out. There was nothing in the air box. It was completely clean. The Honda dealer “techs” after inspecting it also installed the filter the wrong way.

I bet the service writers top desk drawer has a bunch of crushed acorns and sticks and leaves and shit so he can “show” customers what they pulled out of their air filter after they sign up for $150+ of work.

Fucking liars. Not going back.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

Remember the article a few years ago of the dealer that had a bunch of old dirty filters in the parts room to show customers?

:member:
Johnny_P

CaleDeRoo wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 8:04 pm Remember the article a few years ago of the dealer that had a bunch of old dirty filters in the parts room to show customers?

:member:
Haha yeah that’s what is happening here. I mean it did need to be changed but charging $150 or whatever is robbery.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Johnny_P wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 8:01 pm Yeah so. Changed the air filter today. Got my handheld vacuum and rigged up a hose for this “dirty af” air box that it sits in.

Total time spent was 5 minutes. Air filter element was dirty and likely needed to be changed. Actually def needed to be changed since the “techs” poked a hole in it when they manhandled it out. There was nothing in the air box. It was completely clean. The Honda dealer “techs” after inspecting it also installed the filter the wrong way.

I bet the service writers top desk drawer has a bunch of crushed acorns and sticks and leaves and shit so he can “show” customers what they pulled out of their air filter after they sign up for $150+ of work.

Whoa how did they fuck the air filter up ? My tsx filter can only go in one way. Unless you’re talking cabin air. Then it makes sense.

I just do most things myself nowadays as it’s just a shit show otherwise
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 8:01 pm Yeah so. Changed the air filter today. Got my handheld vacuum and rigged up a hose for this “dirty af” air box that it sits in.

It's like the only thing you have to do right. :impressive:
Johnny_P

max225 wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 11:50 am

Whoa how did they fuck the air filter up ? My tsx filter can only go in one way. Unless you’re talking cabin air. Then it makes sense.

I just do most things myself nowadays as it’s just a shit show otherwise
Cabin filter. It’s a rectangle. They put the short side of the filter in the long side of the box.