DFD WhatsApp Group Chat

Organize your DFD meat ups, hangouts, wang outs, and discuss the aftermath of such shenanigans, here.

Would you participate in a WhatsApp group chat?

Yes
40%
No
60%

Total votes: 5
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Hey y’all. I know that with our busy lives we don’t always get a chance to post as frequently as we’d like (usually I find myself lurking and catching up rather than overtly posting).

To that end, would anyone like to be part of a DFD group chat through WhatsApp or something similar? I’d love to be able to communicate with you all through something that’s more chat based as well.

I know we have a SnapFap group but I have not used that app in years and the chat functionality is kind of idiotic.

Anyways, I added a poll. If we get enough interest I can add some contacts I already have to the group and we can just chat there too.

Isn’t meant to replace the forum in any way, but rather supplement it. I think especially for issues where we could use each others’ support in a quicker manner or be there for one another, etc.

For what it’s worth, this idea came to mind because I am part of a few group chats already and they’re pretty fun to participate in.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

:nice: idea, but I don't even know :wat: :wat: sAp even is. :lol: :wap:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Acid666
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 02 Z06/95 Meowta/05 SilveraDOE

Yeah I don't know what those kids are doing with all these damn apps these days. That's when you know you're aging, when something new comes up and you're like... Meh fuck it, I don't have the time or patience to create an account on a new piece of bullshit anymore.
I'd participate in a discord a bit if it was there. I just can't keep up with the massive backlog of threads that go from 1 to 17 pages of text a day.
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

WhatsApp is basically a messaging app. It’s fairly straightforward but it allows people from anywhere and any phone type to message each other seamlessly. Oftentimes the overlap between android/iPhone/etc causes group chats to not work as well.

It’s not some newfangled tech/app either. WhatsApp is actually super popular and utilized by lots of people.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

razr390 wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 11:57 am WhatsApp is basically a :millennial: messaging app. It’s fairly straightforward but it allows :millennial: from anywhere and any phone type to message each other seamlessly. Oftentimes the overlap between android/iPhone/etc causes :millennial: chats to not work as well.

It’s not some newfangled tech/app either. WhatsApp is actually super popular and utilized by lots of :millennial: .
Thought so.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

Wrong thread lol
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

Only in the US people would :nope: out of whatsapp. Or :wap: thinks only :millennial: use it.

Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

I use Whatsapp.
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

I personally don't mind at all, we could just :doit: and see who joins. The snapfap is kinda dead now

Or perhaps fb messenger if that seems to be most of our cup of tea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
Huckleberry
Drives: 2004 GTO

I used to use WhatsApp but switched to Telegram last year.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

:doit:
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Maybe another alternative like GroupMe, FB messenger.