Cucktrek: Making Money Never Felt So Good

Strut your greasy stuff!
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

max225 wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 2:27 pm
Detroit wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 2:23 pm
New Hype R could give the GR C a run for its money. Won't be AWD tho, but you don't care about that.

I want AWD to make the thing usable in our winter.
Today I learned... that Civic may not be AWD. I thought they were considering it..
Oh, I have no clue. Just assuming based on past models they won't go AWD. I'm not even sure what AWD system they'd put in the thing if they wanted to. A one-off AWD system just for the R would be :waxer:

I've actually been looking a lot at the Civic Si. It seems like a :notbad: option for FWD. I like the new design restraint inside and out quite a bit.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Detroit wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 2:31 pm

Today I learned... that Civic may not be AWD. I thought they were considering it..
Oh, I have no clue. Just assuming based on past models they won't go AWD. I'm not even sure what AWD system they'd put in the thing if they wanted to. A one-off AWD system just for the R would be :waxer:

I've actually been looking a lot at the Civic Si. It seems like a :notbad: option for FWD. I like the new design restraint inside and out quite a bit.
Yea and it'll be 50% less than the COROLLA, have more space... and deliver 50% more MPG :lol:
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 2:34 pm

Yea and it'll be 50% less than the COROLLA, have more space... and deliver 50% more MPG :lol:
And it should still be rather entertaining to drive I'd think...and it shouldn't be anus shattering...AND it can be had in WHORANGE

It's really a solid option. :iono:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
max225

I would think a Civic SI is perfect for the sitch you described. Craprolla will be always more of a collectible "weekend" car similar to a FuckusRS
max225

I don't know if the YouTubers are "fake news" all the sudden because it is eery to see such a consensus amongst all. But they all LOVE the new SI.

I am a little more reserved because I prefer the last gen HATCH styling the most. But the current SEDAN looks much better than the last sedan. And it doesn't have as many FAKE VENTS.

But when considering Civic SI vs Corolla GR for your use case. I would 9/10 times go for the civic. It is literally what the car is built for. The GR is quite a specialized ride IMO. And once you start to specialize you lose the Utility IMO.
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 2:41 pm I would think a Civic SI is perfect for the sitch you described. Craprolla will be always more of a collectible "weekend" car similar to a FuckusRS
Well, the second vehicle won't be driven a ton. Right now, the biggest use case is something I can drive distance in and leave at the airport and not care too much about. So something cheap and generic is a good idea, but I don't think I want to entirely give up if I'm spending money on something just for me.

Making the case even stronger for an Si or something simpler like that.
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 2:45 pm I don't know if the YouTubers are "fake news" all the sudden because it is eery to see such a consensus amongst all. But they all LOVE the new SI.

I am a little more reserved because I prefer the last gen HATCH styling the most. But the current SEDAN looks much better than the last sedan. And it doesn't have as many FAKE VENTS.

But when considering Civic SI vs Corolla GR for your use case. I would 9/10 times go for the civic. It is literally what the car is built for. The GR is quite a specialized ride IMO. And once you start to specialize you lose the Utility IMO.
Yea, the new sedan looks :tits: I'm not going to die on the hatchback only hill, I'm sure it has more than enough utility for my needs. I'm also a fan of the generally simpler interior styling, though I'm not a huge fan of all the RED inside the Si.

It's probably the better car for my needs. We'll have to see how those evolve over the next year.
ChrisoftheNorth

Civic Si doesn't get heated seats in the US. :ayfkm:
ChrisoftheNorth

Should probably also consider the Integra...
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Detroit wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 2:57 pm Civic Si doesn't get heated seats in the US. :ayfkm:
:wtf: :|
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
ChrisoftheNorth

wap wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 2:59 pm
Detroit wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 2:57 pm Civic Si doesn't get heated seats in the US. :ayfkm:
:wtf: :|
I no rite?
max225

Detroit wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 2:58 pm Should probably also consider the Integra...
it's probably 5-10K over the civic... for the exact same car. :disgust:
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 3:06 pm
Detroit wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 2:58 pm Should probably also consider the Integra...
That's why I wrote it off. But I'm not sure I can deal with a car without heated seats (I'm sure this is intentional to drive up Integra demand). :gaydance: but they make a huge difference when it's 10 degrees outside.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 2:39 pm
max225 wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 2:34 pm

And it should still be rather entertaining to drive I'd think...and it shouldn't be anus shattering...AND it can be had in WHORANGE

Too reasonable.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
ChrisoftheNorth

Desertbreh wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 3:12 pm
Detroit wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 2:39 pm

Too reasonable.
For you perhaps. I still have to manage a way to get through another 30+ years of life. Reasonable is the only way right now.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

It is a very nice car, they are pretty Audi-esque in appearance. :iono: :doe: I think at this stage of life/career if I bought an Si I would just hate it because it wasn't an R after like two weeks. Like I have been a cheap fuck for far too long, it's OK to treat yourself to the bigger wing :bruh:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 3:11 pm
max225 wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 3:06 pm

That's why I wrote it off. But I'm not sure I can deal with a car without heated seats (I'm sure this is intentional to drive up Integra demand). :gaydance: but they make a huge difference when it's 10 degrees outside.
I haven't had them since my GTI and miss them frequently, they are really nice. It's not even cold here and I still would like to have them.
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 4:24 pm

It is a very nice car, they are pretty Audi-esque in appearance. :iono: :doe: I think at this stage of life/career if I bought an Si I would just hate it because it wasn't an R after like two weeks. Like I have been a cheap fuck for far too long, it's OK to treat yourself to the bigger wing :bruh:
In my case, it's a tool. It won't be driven often, spends most of its time in a garage (mine or airport), I just don't need anything special or fancy and I certainly don't want to pay the price for it. BUT instead of giving up entirely and getting a base Corolla or something, at least the Si still provides some element of fun. I like that. But I'm also old and don't want something that'll rattle my teeth out on garbage roads. That's where things like the Hype R or Fuckus RS, or whatever really turn me off.

I want a GTI esque thing. Sporty performance that's reasonably efficient and comfortable but not a track beast I'll never use. GTI, Si, WRX, Cooper S (Clubman perhaps) that's about all that's left. I'm HOPING that Toyota splits the difference and makes the GR Corolla not too hardcore, but I'm sure they're chasing some worthless lap time bragging rights that'll ruin the thing for me.

That said, if my dealer calls and offers me a GR Corolla allocation, I'm buying it. I don't see how I can lose, even if it's rough and I hate it, I can probably drive it out to California and make a profit. Would be the most :alpo: thing ever if my dealer actually gets one, so I'll probably just be tire kicking for a long while. That's fine, kind of fun to somewhat be in the market again with no real brand affinity (other than NOT buying Stellanus, GM, or Ferd)
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 4:27 pm
Detroit wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 3:11 pm
I haven't had them since my GTI and miss them frequently, they are really nice. It's not even cold here and I still would like to have them.
The 4R doesn't have remote start, which is :butwhy: but I'll install a kit when the weather warms up. Until then, I've found that the heated seats warm FAST and work just fine to bridge the gap until the engine warms up enough for hot air to start blowing. They're really a great feature, and quite possibly a deal breaker for me with where I live. Amazing that Honda doesn't include them in a $30k vehicle with no options available on it. MUST be a push for the Integra. I believe that's why my 4R doesn't have remote start (to make me want to overpay for a TuRD Bro that has it).
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 5:05 pm
D Griff wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 4:27 pm

The 4R doesn't have remote start, which is :butwhy: but I'll install a kit when the weather warms up. Until then, I've found that the heated seats warm FAST and work just fine to bridge the gap until the engine warms up enough for hot air to start blowing. They're really a great feature, and quite possibly a deal breaker for me with where I live. Amazing that Honda doesn't include them in a $30k vehicle with no options available on it. MUST be a push for the Integra. I believe that's why my 4R doesn't have remote start (to make me want to overpay for a TuRD Bro that has it).
Definitely true, such packaging :bs:

I always :lolol: at my BMW missing such basic features. After an LSD, heated seats would likely be next on my list of things I wished it had.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 5:00 pm
D Griff wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 4:24 pm

In my case, it's a tool. It won't be driven often, spends most of its time in a garage (mine or airport), I just don't need anything special or fancy and I certainly don't want to pay the price for it. BUT instead of giving up entirely and getting a base Corolla or something, at least the Si still provides some element of fun. I like that. But I'm also old and don't want something that'll rattle my teeth out on garbage roads. That's where things like the Hype R or Fuckus RS, or whatever really turn me off.

I want a GTI esque thing. Sporty performance that's reasonably efficient and comfortable but not a track beast I'll never use. GTI, Si, WRX, Cooper S (Clubman perhaps) that's about all that's left. I'm HOPING that Toyota splits the difference and makes the GR Corolla not too hardcore, but I'm sure they're chasing some worthless lap time bragging rights that'll ruin the thing for me.

That said, if my dealer calls and offers me a GR Corolla allocation, I'm buying it. I don't see how I can lose, even if it's rough and I hate it, I can probably drive it out to California and make a profit. Would be the most :alpo: thing ever if my dealer actually gets one, so I'll probably just be tire kicking for a long while. That's fine, kind of fun to somewhat be in the market again with no real brand affinity (other than NOT buying Stellanus, GM, or Ferd)
The Elantra/Veloster N seem pretty worthwhile as well. I think the GRolla does make sense though, if you get one I bet it’ll stay at MSRP or higher for years or maybe forever. Maybe this madness will end though and they’ll be discounted on dealer lots.

Hype R actually rides pretty well FWIW. Nothing like FoRS in that regard.
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 10:16 pm
Detroit wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 5:00 pm

The Elantra/Veloster N seem pretty worthwhile as well. I think the GRolla does make sense though, if you get one I bet it’ll stay at MSRP or higher for years or maybe forever. Maybe this madness will end though and they’ll be discounted on dealer lots.

Oh yea, I should check out a Veloster or Elantra. I've never seen one IRL, so I don't know how many my dealer gets (if any/ever) but I'd like to at least drive one before buying anything.

Interesting on the Hype R. Most things I've read are that it's pretty harsh, which the 20" :ramz: would certainly make me believe it. Regardless, I don't want something so pricey/collectable. But curious what Honda does with the next gen version. Heard it's going to be produced here and possibly in more volume, so it could be a good option as well.
max225

Detroit wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 9:06 am
D Griff wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 10:16 pm

Oh yea, I should check out a Veloster or Elantra. I've never seen one IRL, so I don't know how many my dealer gets (if any/ever) but I'd like to at least drive one before buying anything.

Interesting on the Hype R. Most things I've read are that it's pretty harsh, which the 20" :ramz: would certainly make me believe it. Regardless, I don't want something so pricey/collectable. But curious what Honda does with the next gen version. Heard it's going to be produced here and possibly in more volume, so it could be a good option as well.
Hype R does drive decent mainly because it is a giant car with a long ass wheel base. I would downsize the 20s to 18s with some actual tires if I was to ever get that car.

The main issue on the R remains the useless WANG the useless body cladding and fisher price mismatched interior.
It has civic LX BLACK cloth seats in back and RED AF suede seats up front... no thanks. That's for a 22 year old branch manager of a local tire shop or something.
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 11:38 am

Hype R does drive decent mainly because it is a giant car with a long ass wheel base. I would downsize the 20s to 18s with some actual tires if I was to ever get that car.

The main issue on the R remains the useless WANG the useless body cladding and fisher price mismatched interior.
It has civic LX BLACK cloth seats in back and RED AF suede seats up front... no thanks. That's for a 22 year old branch manager of a local tire shop or something.
Yea, the childish nature of the thing has turned me off for a while. And frankly, even all the red inside the Si turns me off. At least the styling is less 22 year old tire shop branch manager, but it's still not ideal. I'm sure that's what the Integra was created for.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

max225 wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 11:38 am

I still think they look cool. And they are $50K :lolol: :notsure: about tire store bros driving them, they normally have clapped out NA/NB Miatas here.

The back seat is definitely a pretty noticeable item of cost cutting.