:plac: Finds: Show us your automotive goldmines

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

max225 wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:59 pm
coogles wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:48 pm :225: :triggered:

https://www.foreignautoconnect.com/2015 ... tails.aspx

Worth less than my STi and only 16k miles. :lolol: Talk about the ultimate depreciation machine. Gorgeous, doe, sort of want it.
Whoa whoever got that OEM also got a bunch of "M" bedazzlement options like the $800 mirror caps, the $400 door sills and that $800 black skirt ~55k MSRP new. :mindblown: Oddly enough it doesn't have the M sport wheels doe...
1 owner no bad history, I wonder why it didn't end up as a CPO?

And this is why I lease these things. Mine was "worth" 38,500 on my trade in, with 30,300 miles, and a nigerian on the carfax.
Oh yeah good call they're the sport line wheels. Maybe he hit a crub and this was the cheapest way to replace? I do love the single lonely Kumho tire :foreveralone:
Johnny_P

coogles wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:02 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:58 pm 15k OCI :amazing:
Also has mismatched tires
Looks good otherwise
Yeah, isn't the oil change interval supposed to be 10k on these? 7 quart sump and BMW specs LL01 oils with shit loads of additives, but 15k is a long time.
Yeah I thought it was 10k max. It's in warranty though :iono:
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Johnny_P wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:05 pm
max225 wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:59 pm

Whoa whoever got that OEM also got a bunch of "M" bedazzlement options like the $800 mirror caps, the $400 door sills and that $800 black skirt ~55k MSRP new. :mindblown: Oddly enough it doesn't have the M sport wheels doe...

And this is why I lease these things. Mine was "worth" 38,500 on my trade in, with 30,300 miles, and a nigerian on the carfax.
Oh yeah good call they're the sport line wheels. Maybe he hit a crub and this was the cheapest way to replace? I do love the single lonely Kumho tire :foreveralone:
Yet I get shit for "used" OEM tires that match. Cum-Ho tires don't even come as run craps in that size etc/which are OEM equipment... there must be some story with this car... it is from california ... in georgia... not a dealer... with super low miles... should be a CPO at a :dillerman:
max225

coogles wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:02 pm

Yeah, isn't the oil change interval supposed to be 10k on these? 7 quart sump and BMW specs LL01 oils with shit loads of additives, but 15k is a long time.
No it isn't, it is 15 and the car determines when to change it. :aintcare:
Johnny_P

max225 wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:07 pm

So just walnut blast the intake every 3rd oil change? :thisisfine:
max225

I also noticed... TPMS is on... there is something up for sure...
max225

Johnny_P wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:08 pm

3rd oil change is for the 4th owner :aintcare:
Johnny_P

Yet I get shit for "used" OEM tires that match. Cum-Ho tires don't even come as run craps in that size etc/which are OEM equipment... there must be some story with this car... it is from california ... in georgia... not a dealer... with super low miles... should be a CPO at a :dillerman:
I'm thinking the same thing. But maybe there's just so many on the used market that the prices are dropping hard. :iono:
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

Such hilarious ad about a “powerful” and “scary” AUTOMATIC mk4 1.8t GTI. Ah such a fool for financing a brand new one :lolol:
https://washingtondc.craigslist.org/mld ... 88362.html
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
Johnny_P

max225 wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:09 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:08 pm

:lolol:
3rd oil change is also full suspension bushing and damper refresh, new radiator and water pump, and rebuilt VANOS.
But 4th owner is hood rich in his bimmer, fam.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

max225 wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:59 pm Whoa whoever got that OEM also got a bunch of "M" bedazzlement options like the $800 mirror caps, the $400 door sills and that $800 black skirt ~55k MSRP new. :mindblown: Oddly enough it doesn't have the M sport wheels doe...

I think those are the wheels that come with the blue M Sport brakes. I'm wondering the same thing re:why it wasn't certified. Plus, the car's been all over the place. First dealer took delivery in Texas, it passed a California inspection 4 months later, was serviced in Savannah 2 years later, then sold at auction and now it's in Indiana. :dafuq:
max225

Johnny_P wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:09 pm
I'm thinking the same thing. But maybe there's just so many on the used market that the prices are dropping hard. :iono:
No.... it is something else...
This looks like a demo vehicle... maybe that's what it is... it literally has every single stick on you can get... at least 4k worth... including the fucktory tune and power package... that bumps it 20hp or something...

max225

Johnny_P wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:10 pm
max225 wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:09 pm

3rd oil change is also full suspension bushing and damper refresh, new radiator and water pump, and rebuilt VANOS.
As a 3rd owner of my 335i Fake Sport....
My car needed a new door lock in the front
And it had a sensor changed in the shocks
other than that it was fine... I did 1 oil change I believe... after 13-14k miles it used 0 oil which is :impressive: ? Can't :member: exactly since I gave exactly 0 fucks and only followed the BMW recommendation.
Last edited by max225 on Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Johnny_P

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:10 pm Such hilarious ad about a “powerful” and “scary” AUTOMATIC mk4 1.8t GTI. Ah such a fool for financing a brand new one :lolol:
I wonder if it's powerful enough to outrun the melting crayon smell?
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

max225 wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:11 pm No.... it is something else...
This looks like a demo vehicle... maybe that's what it is... it literally has every single stick on you can get... at least 4k worth... including the fucktory tune and power package... that bumps it 20hp or something...

http://www.autonews.com/article/2016061 ... -financial
BMW Financial Services has opened its online remarketing channel to all dealers in preparation for an increase in off-lease vehicle volume, the company said today.

The captive’s BMWGroupDirect.com is now accessible to non-BMW franchised dealers as well as independent used-only dealers who have valid AuctionACCESS accounts. AuctionACCESS allows dealers to buy used vehicles online and is accepted at over 250 auctions in North America, according to its website.
Johnny_P

max225 wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:13 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:10 pm

As a 3rd owner of my 335i Fake Sport....
My car needed a new door lock in the front
And it had a sensor changed in the shocks
other than that it was fine... I did 1 oil change I believe... after 13-14k miles it used 0 oil which is :impressive: ? Can't :member: exactly since I gave exactly 0 fucks and only followed the BMW recommendation.
That poor 4th owner is in for it
Johnny_P

coogles wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:14 pm

BMW Financial Services has opened its online remarketing channel to all dealers in preparation for an increase in off-lease vehicle volume, the company said today.

The captive’s BMWGroupDirect.com is now accessible to non-BMW franchised dealers as well as independent used-only dealers who have valid AuctionACCESS accounts. AuctionACCESS allows dealers to buy used vehicles online and is accepted at over 250 auctions in North America, according to its website.
Buy here pay here :fuckyeah: :waxer:

So they're basically losing their asses on lease trade-ins? :thisisfine:
max225

coogles wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:14 pm
]

Interesting... so it looks like BMW is flooded with their lease bullshit.... they must be bleeding from this shit left and right... anything leased from 14-17 is just completely overvalued on their balance sheet, and coming in as a loss every time they transact :shock:
max225

Johnny_P wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:15 pm
Buy here pay here :fuckyeah: :waxer:

So they're basically losing their asses on lease trade-ins? :thisisfine:
Yea dude... $450 a month is not how much it costs to "own" a 55k MSRP vehicle the actual figure is easily double.
Sames goes for my M3.... Literally, i make a payment and BMW loses as much as I pay them every month on their side. :gaydance:
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:13 pm
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:10 pm Such hilarious ad about a “powerful” and “scary” AUTOMATIC mk4 1.8t GTI. Ah such a fool for financing a brand new one :lolol:
I wonder if it's powerful enough to outrun the melting crayon smell?
I doubt it will outrun a moms modern crossover. The seller has obviously never ridden in a :poorvette:
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

MexicanYarisTK wrote:
Johnny_P wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:13 pm I wonder if it's powerful enough to outrun the melting crayon smell?
I doubt it will outrun a moms modern crossover. The seller has obviously never ridden in a :poorvette:
Trudy freaked when he rode in mine. Obviously they're beyond the comfort level of a :turboyaris: owner.
max225

D Griff wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:21 pm
MexicanYarisTK wrote:
Trudy freaked when he rode in mine. Obviously they're beyond the comfort level of a :turboyaris: owner.
Which is why i stopped driving my C5 when I got the TDI. It was 3k-4k miles a year after that... Detroit style.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

MexicanYarisTK wrote:
:lol: i remember when I freaked out when I rode on my uncles e92 m3 last summer. It was such an epic shotgun experience.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

max225 wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:56 pm

Which is why i stopped driving my C5 when I got the TDI. It was 3k-4k miles a year after that... Detroit style.
These days, I enjoy driving the Volt more. Even more than the truck believe it or not. Driving on the surface of the moon, 95% in bumper-to-bumper traffic, a small, "zippy" (0-40, which is most of my drive is :lolol: ), one-pedal drive EV is really nice.
:ban:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

max225 wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:17 pm
Interesting... so it looks like BMW is flooded with their lease bullshit.... they must be bleeding from this shit left and right... anything leased from 14-17 is just completely overvalued on their balance sheet, and coming in as a loss every time they transact :shock:
This fucked them in 08/9, I assumed they learned their lesson.

Good time to buy out a BMW lease if one was so inclined :doe:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.