OT XXX: COVID Off Topic

Want to pledge allegiance to the Drumpf? Clash with Caspian? Scared of the stickers on your mailbox? Let's hear it.
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

troyguitar wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 11:37 am
D Griff wrote:
:dat: is one weird categorization. I mean, anyone who ever partied/went to college has had 20 cigs? I have had well over 20 packs and am still in better health than most, only dabble in them once or twice a year now.

Based on my talks with people all over CA daily at work, it seems to be the state furthest behind with vaccine distribution. Seems like most people I know here in NC now have started the process.

Interesting tidbit on the Virgin Islands COVID pickup as well. We had actually bought flights to go there this past week (bought the flights 8ish months ago naively thinking the 'VID would somehow be over). We saw that it was both extremely popular as a destination at the moment and also sporting pretty high COVID levels, so we bailed and just went to the beach in FL instead. I am now feeling pretty good about this decision.
It boggles my mind that anyone under the age of 40 or so in this country would have ever tried a single cigarette. The only time I ever saw anyone smoking in college, it was an international student from Eastern Europe.

I guess that's what happens at a school full of nerds :doe: - plus growing up with parents who smoked I have only ever seen it as a disgusting thing for old people who got hooked before they knew better. :iono:
I’ve tried 2 cigars, never a puff of cig nor weed. :iono:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

D Griff wrote:
:dat: is one weird categorization. I mean, anyone who ever partied/went to college has had 20 cigs? I have had well over 20 packs and am still in better health than most, only dabble in them once or twice a year now.

Based on my talks with people all over CA daily at work, it seems to be the state furthest behind with vaccine distribution. Seems like most people I know here in NC now have started the process.

Interesting tidbit on the Virgin Islands COVID pickup as well. We had actually bought flights to go there this past week (bought the flights 8ish months ago naively thinking the 'VID would somehow be over). We saw that it was both extremely popular as a destination at the moment and also sporting pretty high COVID levels, so we bailed and just went to the beach in FL instead. I am now feeling pretty good about this decision.
It boggles my mind that anyone under the age of 40 or so in this country would have ever tried a single cigarette. The only time I ever saw anyone smoking in college, it was an international student from Eastern Europe.

I guess that's what happens at a school full of nerds :doe: - plus growing up with parents who smoked I have only ever seen it as a disgusting thing for old people who got hooked before they knew better. :iono:
I mean they are legitimately very enjoyable... :iono: I also never really found the addiction to be all that strong. They were quite prevalent at parties and such, I was very against it until I was :drunk: enough to give it a go. Then casually smoked them for 3-4 years (like a pack a month +/1). Now once or twice a year if I'm :drunk: I'll take one but it's not really worth feeling like shit and the obvious long term risks.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

wap wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 9:02 pm
max225 wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 6:31 pm Damn, curious about boss man ...

What’s his health profile/age?
Early 50's. Tall, not fat. Had back problems which surgery seems to have taken care of. He does seem to get sick a lot so I'd guess he has an immune system made of glass.
Fleshing this out re bossbro.

To recap, he had the 2nd Pfizer shot last Monday morning. Didn't come back to the office until Friday. Tuesday and Wednesday he was experiencing the usual, body aches, chills, fatigue. Thursday that was all replaced by what he called the worst headache he ever had. He spent the day in bed with a towel over his eyes. Friday he said he was mostly over all the effects.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

wap wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 12:36 pm
wap wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 9:02 pm

Early 50's. Tall, not fat. Had back problems which surgery seems to have taken care of. He does seem to get sick a lot so I'd guess he has an immune system made of glass.

To recap, he had the 2nd Pfizer shot last Monday morning. Didn't come back to the office until Friday. Tuesday and Wednesday he was experiencing the usual, body aches, chills, fatigue. Thursday that was all replaced by what he called the worst headache he ever had. He spent the day in bed with a towel over his eyes. Friday he said he was mostly over all the effects.
Wow that sounds bad... That's the worst side effect I have heard so far.
wap

max225 wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 12:44 pm
wap wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 12:36 pm

Wow that sounds bad... That's the worst side effect I have heard so far.
Same here.
Irish
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '12 GIT (190K!)- 2011 Outie A5

One of my caregivers reported a bad, back-of-the-head headache after the second Moderna shot.....
Apex
Drives: Abominable

[user not found] wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 4:22 pm
Apex wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 11:08 am Thought I may have gotten the VID this weekend, but it was just food poisoning from some wings. :disgust: That knocked me out of commission for Saturday.
Oh man, not wings.

That'll make you look sideways at chicken for a while. :(
:dat: :sad:
Desertbreh
Command Chief Master Sirloin

Our paralegal had the J&J shot. Zero side effects.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Desertbreh

D Griff wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 12:11 pm
troyguitar wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 11:37 am It boggles my mind that anyone under the age of 40 or so in this country would have ever tried a single cigarette. The only time I ever saw anyone smoking in college, it was an international student from Eastern Europe.

I mean they are legitimately very enjoyable... :iono: I also never really found the addiction to be all that strong. They were quite prevalent at parties and such, I was very against it until I was :drunk: enough to give it a go. Then casually smoked them for 3-4 years (like a pack a month +/1). Now once or twice a year if I'm :drunk: I'll take one but it's not really worth feeling like shit and the obvious long term risks.
Combined with alcohol from time to time they can provide some pretty serious knockdown power buzz wise. Everything has to be timed just so, however, in my experience. They are fucking garbage but I can't say that I didn't enjoy them back in the day.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
wap

:gag:
Desertbreh

wap wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 4:48 pm:gag:
Yeah either you already understand what I'm saying or you are never going to.
wap

Desertbreh wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 4:55 pm
:dat: is me.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Desertbreh wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 4:55 pm
:dat:

Yes, they are terrible. I'm glad I'm not hooked on them, that is for sure, but yeah, outside on a warm day with a nice alcohol buzz, they are pretty sweet. They amplify the hangover 5X :doe: , really not worth it.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

D Griff wrote:

Next up we find out speeding kills, yet people still do it. :like:
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

max225 wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 11:37 am It boggles my mind that anyone under the age of 40 or so in this country would have ever tried a single cigarette. The only time I ever saw anyone smoking in college, it was an international student from Eastern Europe.

Next up we find out speeding kills, yet people still do it. :like:
Germany disagrees.
wap

Just got my second stab. :doomed:
Irish

wap wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 11:16 am Just got my second stab. :doomed:
C'mon over here and I'll stab ya loverboy.... :hubba: :hubba:
wap

Irish wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 11:27 am
wap wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 11:16 am Just got my second stab. :doomed:
:jimp:
Huckleberry
Drives: 2004 GTO

Just signed up for the J&J shot on Saturday. Was able to actually get an appointment with one of those drive-thru mass vaccination events.
wap

Huckleberry wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 1:18 pm Just signed up for the J&J shot on Saturday. Was able to actually get an appointment with one of those drive-thru mass vaccination events.
:nice: !
Irish

wap wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 11:30 am
Irish wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 11:27 am

How are you feeling olde man?
wap

Irish wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 3:26 pm
wap wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 11:30 am

So far, 4.5 hours later, zero symptons. :knockswood:
Irish

wap wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 3:37 pm
Irish wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 3:26 pm

:jesus: :yesth:
wap

Irish wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 4:08 pm
wap wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 3:37 pm

6 hours in. Shoulder soreness started about a half hour ago. No worse than the first time, :doe:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

wap wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 5:11 pm
Irish wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 4:08 pm

6 hours in. Shoulder soreness started about a half hour ago. No worse than the first time, :doe:
:popcorn: