Gberg's Alpo Gorf with a bit of Plac Profit

Strut your greasy stuff!
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

max225 wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 2:15 pm
Gberg2119 wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 2:03 pm

Dang. That's quite the increase. I was $260 all around and I've got more windows to cover. Ceramic would probably be $500+.

I also asked them about the clear bra's they do. He was telling me $1200 for just a partial hood, fender, mirrors. $2000+ for full coverage up front. Not even the whole car. :mindblown:
This has gone :fullretard: and "Ceramic" coatings for $500+ Just DIY for $50-70

Why pay 2k to "Protect" a car you won't own long enough to reap the benefits of? That's an enormous amount of money flushed down the drain.
I also called a local detailer who does cquartz and he said it'd be between 650-750. I'd love to be able to do it myself but I just can't get that level of correction a pro can.

Besides, I have to take the car back again because I noticed it looks like someone on their "detail" team took a fucking brillo pad to the front bumper under the headlight. Part of me just wants to fix it myself and the other part says to make them do it. I know. Don't buy cars in low light conditions.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Gberg2119 wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 2:25 pm
max225 wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 2:15 pm
This has gone :fullretard: and "Ceramic" coatings for $500+ Just DIY for $50-70

Why pay 2k to "Protect" a car you won't own long enough to reap the benefits of? That's an enormous amount of money flushed down the drain.
I also called a local detailer who does cquartz and he said it'd be between 650-750. I'd love to be able to do it myself but I just can't get that level of correction a pro can.

Besides, I have to take the car back again because I noticed it looks like someone on their "detail" team took a fucking brillo pad to the front bumper under the headlight. Part of me just wants to fix it myself and the other part says to make them do it. I know. Don't buy cars in low light conditions.
I dunno... I am :notsure: I would trust em to do it... There is no rocket science to Cquartz especially on a new car... if the paint is ok, it takes maybe 30min to 1 hr to get it done... then leave overnight in garage. I don't see the point in that sort of exorbitant spending especially on a DD.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

max225 wrote:
Gberg2119 wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 2:25 pm I also called a local detailer who does cquartz and he said it'd be between 650-750. I'd love to be able to do it myself but I just can't get that level of correction a pro can.

I dunno... I am :notsure: I would trust em to do it... There is no rocket science to Cquartz especially on a new car... if the paint is ok, it takes maybe 30min to 1 hr to get it done... then leave overnight in garage. I don't see the point in that sort of exorbitant spending especially on a DD.
I don't trust the :dillerman: detail team to fix it but I'm not really sure what to do.

I could probably detail it in the parking garage but lighting sucks and I have no water to make things :moist:

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

max225

Before you take it in... Why don't you just try ultimate compound see if that helps a bit.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

[user not found] wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 4:59 pm That's an easy fix.

Wanna come find out what I bought? :lolol:
:boxodicks:
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

Apex wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 5:08 pm

:boxodicks:
:dat:
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

:dill:

My car needs help big time.
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Taco Truk | Power Wheels Heep

[user not found] wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:47 pm Barring total :nuke: financial meltdown, of course.
And the stock market shits the bed this afternoon.

Sounds about right. See what you just did? You bought the wrong two door sports car and blew up the world.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Gberg2119 wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:50 am
[user not found] wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:32 am

Agreed.

Also, Gberg, contact KiaGiver - he could hook you up on some BBS :ramz:
:notbad: I just might if I go with CH-R's. Although I'm really liking either HRE.

Can't find them on a 7.5 but here's they are on a Mk7.

My friend at MTM USA might be signing a distribution deal with HRE soon. PM me.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

This is hot
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

razr390 wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:34 pm
Gberg2119 wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:50 am

:notbad: I just might if I go with CH-R's. Although I'm really liking either HRE.

Can't find them on a 7.5 but here's they are on a Mk7.

My friend at MTM USA might be signing a distribution deal with HRE soon. PM me.
I will. Nothing immediate right now and if there is a total :nuke: meltdown I probably shouldn’t be buying new ramz.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

[user not found] wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 6:30 pm
max225 wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 3:14 pm Before you take it in... Why don't you just try ultimate compound see if that helps a bit.
Doesn't need compound, just a little finishing polish most likely.
I guess I'll go out today and try and fix it. I think I have both meguiars ultimate polish and compound.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

[user not found] wrote:
Gberg2119 wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 11:22 am I guess I'll go out today and try and fix it. I think I have both meguiars ultimate polish and compound.
Try the polish first. Always want to start out with the least aggressive product first.
I ended up having them do it. Tried getting it out by hand but couldn't. And now today I found more scratches on the tailgate that I thought was just dirt. I'm going to have to clay it and break out the DA to do a polish.

And stupidly I didn't check the production date on it till now and it's an April car. Which means I probably should take it in for an oil change. I should've told them to do it before buying it. :disappoint:

Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Quarantine and social distancing means its time for a clay, polish, and wax. Seeing as how the car sat for nearly a year, the clay picked up a fair amount of contaminants.

Not quite [user not found]-spec, but I got a lot of the swirls out including the ones on the hatch. Unfortunately I found another bad gash on the bumper that will require touch up paint.

And now that we're in coronadome, new ramz are highly unlikely. :ohwell: Hopefully next summer.

razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Looks great! :fuckyeah:
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
Apex

:nice:
max225

New ramz even though car is already on non oem ramz with less than 1k miles....

I think oem at least for a little bit is the way to go. I really like the golf 7.5 especially the R and especially in that color !
Apex

max225 wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:08 pm New ramz even though car is already on non oem ramz with less than 1k miles....

I think oem at least for a little bit is the way to go. I really like the golf 7.5 especially the R and especially in that color !
Winter setup from the previous :gorf:
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Apex wrote:
max225 wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:08 pm New ramz even though car is already on non oem ramz with less than 1k miles....

Them ramz are from the :turboyaris: Image . I can't believe I've had them for about 4 years now. I'd like to dump them but the finish on them sucks so much I probably won't get anything for them. Good enough for winter duty I guess.

D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

If your job is secure, spend spend spend, get the :rams: you want. Help keep the economy afloat. Understand the desire to be conservative :doe:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

The car looks great! How are you enjoying it so far? Any refresh features that stand out?
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Apex wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:18 pm

What winter? :derp:
Apex

Johnny_P wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:06 am
Apex wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:18 pm

What winter? :derp:
:iono:
I want some damn snow! This “winter” has been bullshit.