OT 18: Anti-Social Distancing

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Apex wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:43 am Not being able to use a reusable bag is :fullretard: IMO.
Agreed, but at the same time :whocares: Just leave it in the car/at home for a while. I actually find reusable bags more of an inconvenience than paper or plastic bags because I always forget the fuckers at home or in the truck. We recycle paper bags, and reuse plastic bags for a myriad of things. We never send them straight to the landfill.

And I understand stores wanting to limit the ways to spread the virus. Since most stores here have people doing bagging, touching a bunch of reusable bags that have been who knows where increases risk of transmission quite a bit I suspect.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

Detroit wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:51 am
Apex wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:43 am Not being able to use a reusable bag is :fullretard: IMO.
Agreed, but at the same time :whocares: Just leave it in the car/at home for a while. I actually find reusable bags more of an inconvenience than paper or plastic bags because I always forget the fuckers at home or in the truck. We recycle paper bags, and reuse plastic bags for a myriad of things. We never send them straight to the landfill.

And I understand stores wanting to limit the ways to spread the virus. Since most stores here have people doing bagging, touching a bunch of reusable bags that have been who knows where increases risk of transmission quite a bit I suspect.
Plastic bags are quite handy. We use them as liners for some smaller garbage cans we have.
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

We are 50/50 on the plastic vs. reusable however we do re-use/re-purpose the plastics as often as we can and whatnot.

But, overall the biggest thing is me being forgetful of the reusables.

I’m more upset that people make such a big deal on a PRIVATE BUSINESS enforcing whatever policies they have (whether they are crazy or not).

I’d just go somewhere else if I really wasn’t happy/stand my ground. But it just shows that most of these people just want to argue over something and now this minimum wage employee at the grocery store or restaurant is the easiest target.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:56 am

Plastic bags are quite handy. We use them as liners for some smaller garbage cans we have.
Exactly...all our bathroom trash cans are lines with store plastic bags, but we don't throw the bags away until they develop holes, it just makes it easier to dump out the trash. We also use them for animal waste, smaller weeding projects, taking things in the kayaks for water resistance, putting wet items in camping (towels, swim suits, etc), etc, etc.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

razr390 wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:59 am We are 50/50 on the plastic vs. reusable however we do re-use/re-purpose the plastics as often as we can and whatnot.

I’m more upset that people make such a big deal on a PRIVATE BUSINESS enforcing whatever policies they have (whether they are crazy or not).

I’d just go somewhere else if I really wasn’t happy/stand my ground. But it just shows that most of these people just want to argue over something and now this minimum wage employee at the grocery store or restaurant is the easiest target.
:dat: :dat: :dat:

It's YOUR CHOICE to go somewhere, and it's the business's CHOICE to let you in on their terms. If you don't like that, :gtfo:

I just can't understand how these inconveniences are so :triggered: worthy. Nobody likes this shit, but we all have to just deal with it. I hate it, so I just don't go out unless absolutely necessary, and I don't fucking complain about masks or bags...I just respect others and go with the flow.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

NeonJonny wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 5:51 am Fucking co-worker tested positive and his locker is 6 feet from me. :ohwell: I should be fine though. That makes 3 out of 600+ employees. :notbad:
Six feet is the appropriate social distancing space you need! You might have :doge: 'd :dat: 🔫 hopefully
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

I agree with store clerks not touching reusable bags. It could cause some spread risks, so why take the chance. I guess if the shopper wants to bag their own stuff and leave the bags in their cart that could work. The store clerk can just send product to the bagging area and leave it. There are always solutions to any problem if people spend the time to come up with them. I really wish more time could be spent by the majority of business owners, individuals and governments to make small improvements wherever possible. It is a mutually beneficial effort and applies to non-COVID related things as well.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

Detroit wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:03 am
razr390 wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:59 am We are 50/50 on the plastic vs. reusable however we do re-use/re-purpose the plastics as often as we can and whatnot.

It's YOUR CHOICE to go somewhere, and it's the business's CHOICE to let you in on their terms. If you don't like that, :gtfo:

I just can't understand how these inconveniences are so :triggered: worthy. Nobody likes this shit, but we all have to just deal with it. I hate it, so I just don't go out unless absolutely necessary, and I don't fucking complain about masks or bags...I just respect others and go with the flow.
:dat:. I think masks are ineffective and dumb and won't wear one UNLESS a private business requires it. then I'll either comply or go somewhere else.

now if the government starts getting involved I'm going to have a problem with that.
brain go brrrrrr
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Detroit wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:28 am We went to TJ's a few days ago. Standing in line to get in, there was an old lady in front of us with a reusable bag. She was told that she couldn't use her reusable bag, and full on :triggered: ensued. "First masks, now this?!? What is this world coming to?!? WHAT DOES MY BAG HURT" When the TJ's employee didn't budge and instructed the lady to put the bag in her car or on the bottom of the shopping cart, she suddenly expressed all this pain in difficulty bending over to put the bag on the bottom of the cart. Huffing and puffing, wincing, just a general :disgust: show. She finally goes in, and the lady tells us that we have to wait for two people to come out because there's two of us, I informed the wife that I'd wait in the car to avoid the :disgust: inside.

That old lady needs to get the virus so she knows what real pain is. It's incredible to me how old people...the people at highest risk of issues for this...are treating precautions as such an inconvenience. Go die then if it's so hard to put on a mask or not use your reusable bag.
:dat: We can still use the bags here and I don't see a problem... but it is a privately owned store, follow the rules or :gtfo:

And the masks are here, for the most part, to protect people like her. I have no sympathy in that case.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

I only shop at Aldi some I'm unfamiliar with this :waxer: concept of the store employee bagging my groceries.
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

D Griff wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:31 am
Detroit wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:28 am We went to TJ's a few days ago. Standing in line to get in, there was an old lady in front of us with a reusable bag. She was told that she couldn't use her reusable bag, and full on :triggered: ensued. "First masks, now this?!? What is this world coming to?!? WHAT DOES MY BAG HURT" When the TJ's employee didn't budge and instructed the lady to put the bag in her car or on the bottom of the shopping cart, she suddenly expressed all this pain in difficulty bending over to put the bag on the bottom of the cart. Huffing and puffing, wincing, just a general :disgust: show. She finally goes in, and the lady tells us that we have to wait for two people to come out because there's two of us, I informed the wife that I'd wait in the car to avoid the :disgust: inside.

That old lady needs to get the virus so she knows what real pain is. It's incredible to me how old people...the people at highest risk of issues for this...are treating precautions as such an inconvenience. Go die then if it's so hard to put on a mask or not use your reusable bag.
:dat: We can still use the bags here and I don't see a problem... but it is a privately owned store, follow the rules or :gtfo:

And the masks are here, for the most part, to protect people like her. I have no sympathy in that case.
That’s what I don’t get about people throwing fits about wearing a mask into a business. “That infringes on my rights!” Literally every privately owned store in America has the right to refuse service to anyone as long as it’s not for a reason that goes against a protected class. Don’t like that a shop is requiring masks, vote with your wallet somewhere else. Suck it up, buttercup.
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:33 am I only shop at Aldi some I'm unfamiliar with this :waxer: concept of the store employee bagging my groceries.
:lolol:

95% of our shopping is done at Aldi, we usually avoid TJ's because the lines are constant and can take a while. We just happened to be by one the other day.

I usually bag my own groceries at TJ's because I feel like a :derp: just standing there as the checkout person has to both scan and bag.

But many grocery stores here employ dedicated people to bag groceries and those people have their own union! :mindblown: I'm sure it's that union that got reusable bags banned...every store we go to bans reusable bags...even Aldi. They're leaving produce boxes out to carry groceries like Costco does. That or you wheel the cart to the car and unload into the car.
razr390

Detroit wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:03 am

It happens even in non-mask scenarios. We’ve had people come on our private property campus at work and I’ve told them multiple times that it’s private property and they give me the biggest stink about it.

We have 2 nature trails that are closed off and only for employees/etc.

I think people are just looking for a reason to yell/fight
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

I leave a plastic tote in the car and wheel the cart to the car. Load groceries in the bin, carry everything into the house in one solid bin.

Still adds an extra trip back out to the car to be set back up for next time - and always have to remember which car has the stupid thing in the trunk. I'd rather pay an extra quarter and always have bags for everything stored at the store. Hence the name. Store.

It's not some huge inconvenience, just one more thing to keep in mind every time I go anywhere. Recently that's not often :doe: so :whocares:
SAWCE

troyguitar wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:09 am I leave a plastic tote in the car and wheel the cart to the car. Load groceries in the bin, carry everything into the house in one solid bin.

Still adds an extra trip back out to the car to be set back up for next time - and always have to remember which car has the stupid thing in the trunk. I'd rather pay an extra quarter and always have bags for everything stored at the store. Hence the name. Store.

It's not some huge inconvenience, just one more thing to keep in mind every time I go anywhere. Recently that's not often :doe: so :whocares:
Tote in car is :notbad: idea
SAWCE

Most my shopping is done at Costco, so I grab one of their cardboard boxes to load my groceries in and then I sue that in the kitchen for the week to load all my recyclables in and take them all out at once with the cardboard box.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

[user not found] wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:11 am
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:25 am

:dat:. I think masks are ineffective and dumb and won't wear one UNLESS a private business requires it. then I'll either comply or go somewhere else.

now if the government starts getting involved I'm going to have a problem with that.
Oh boy, :fax: gonna go full Meal Team Six on the capitol steps?

Masks work when used correctly and when combined with distancing. Problem is we have a nation full of :derp: led by a :derp: with no desire to educate the :derp: ulace. Science is fake news, folks. Peer reviewing is dead.

The mask is not to protect you. It's to keep your :jizz: off of other people.
:dat:

Where is the info showing the masks are ineffective? The masks have nothing to do with freedom or lack thereof, or politics for that matter. They are used to protect each other :science:

Apparently, giving a shit about the greater good/fellow man is something only haalf of humans care about :disappoint: .
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

SAWCE wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:14 am Most my shopping is done at Costco, so I grab one of their cardboard boxes to load my groceries in and then I sue that in the kitchen for the week to load all my recyclables in and take them all out at once with the cardboard box.
Seems efficient. :megusta:
razr390

If fax ever gets surgery i hope he tells the surgeon he doesn’t want anyone in the OR wearing a mask either
Apex

Clearly no one reads the New England Journal of Medicine. :fakenews:
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:25 am

Masks work when used correctly and when combined with distancing. Problem is we have a nation full of :derp: led by a :derp: with no desire to educate the :derp: ulace. Science is fake news, folks. Peer reviewing is dead.

:rolleyes:. I'm not doing this today. you do you.
brain go brrrrrr
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Apex wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:34 am Clearly no one reads the New England Journal of Medicine. :fakenews:
I did. They didn't because it didn't fit their narritive.
brain go brrrrrr
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Taco Truk | Power Wheels Heep

[user not found] wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:18 am

You're wasting your breath. Selfish pieces of shit don't care.
I think we forget that many people haven’t lived through Covid as we have in the NY/NJ/PA/CT Metro area and seen it at work up close, and it’s just been a news story on TV.

Unfortunately it’s going to have to tear through these areas and max out resources before people wake the fuck up.
Apex

[user not found] wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:36 am
Apex wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:34 am Clearly no one reads the New England Journal of Medicine. :fakenews:
https://www.forbes.com/sites/brucelee/2 ... ronavirus/
Ninjas know :science: ? :notsure: :lol:
The authors name is Bruce Lee. :nevermind:
Desertbreh

The thicc plastic bags they charge 10 cents for are awesome for dogshit sweeps of my back yard so I don't fuck with reusable bags. Instead I wrap animal feces in plastic and send it to the landfill. I have pets because I don't have enough crotchfruit to really punch the planet in the balls. Greta loves me.

On a separate note they need to make "manly" bags.....black ballistic nylon or something, that store in a plastic case so my trunk doesn't look like a fucking yardsale when I open it up. I could get behind that. A bunch of shitty looking Hawaiian print Trader Joes bags........that looks like shit, no can do.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.