Let's feel the love

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:41 am
wap wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:11 pm So much.

The older I (and they) get, I realize just how much I love my family and treasure the times we're together, which is getting more valuable as they (and I) age. Mom just turned 88 last month and her brother turned 91. We're a pretty small family but we're extremely close. My 2 cousins and bro and I are really like 4 brothers we're that close.

Love hosting our annual Halloween party.

I love long road trips with my wife.

I love traveling to Europe with my wife.

A fucking love my nieces and nephew.

I love my car.

I love my cool old house.

Sounds weird, but I really love my luggage.

I love the Beatles. Listening to them literally improves my mood in a real, tangible way.

I love British humor. Monty Python. Black Adder. Fawlty Towers. Ripping Yarns. The 2 Ronnies. Rowen Atkinson. The Goons. Beyond the Fringe. Benny Hill. Clarkson/May/Hammond.

I love rabbits.

I love my job.

I have a fantastic group of friends, some go back to junior high school. Many go back to college, a few post college. But 5/7 people all.

I love Greece, Greek culture, Greek history, and Greek food.

I'll post more if I think of anything else.
Godammit Ron, Pics or :gtfo:
:lol:
I'll try to take and post some tonight, along with an explanation.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
wap

4zilch wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:30 am
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:50 am

Great post. Those dags are bad ass, the car is pretty gay but the bikes are a massive offset...your bike collection and talent makes me wish I was a rider. The booze is, of course, sublime. I miss your wif, I liked the wedding thread as a component of this forum, I certainly didn't chase her out of here.
Bikes are pretty amazing - you should give it a shot sometime. I can understand your opinion of the car, and if it weren't for the bikes, it'd be something different. But, it's full of lulz, and punches way above it's weight in the handling department. Considering it's all stock other than a catback and ramz/tars, it's pretty fun to chase down "better" cars in the tight stuff. At some point, I'll realize that my bonez are brittle and it'll be time to hang up the leathers - at that point I'll probably go :fullretard: on a car that everyone likes to hate on.

The wife has enough stress in her life, and this place wasn't overly friendly - not that she didn't instigate some of it herself - so she moved on. Her season is getting ready to ramp up - and she did enjoy writing the stories - so maybe I can get her to share through me.
:(
FWIW, I agree with Breh's post above and enjoyed her crazy wedding thread, too.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

troyguitar wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:58 am This stuff right here. I finally started playing in 2004 (15 years ago! Nuts...) and everything else pretty much ceased to be important. Image
What made you get into guitars?
Desertbreh
Command Chief Master Sirloin

wap wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:24 am
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:41 am

Godammit Ron, Pics or :gtfo:
I'm expecting some pretty epic luggage. Don't :disappoint: me bro.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Dang. I love this thread.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Acid666
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 02 Z06/95 Meowta/05 SilveraDOE

troyguitar wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:58 am This stuff right here. I finally started playing in 2004 (15 years ago! Nuts...) and everything else pretty much ceased to be important. Image
How's that Keisel feel? I was considering one of their Vaders for a while. Then I saw that Stranberg came out with a new bass with a Darkglass Tone Capsule. I was looking for a 5 string fretless and was willing to spend a little bit, but haven't found one I really want. I wish Sweetwater had more fretless basses to choose from. I've got mad credit with them and that 0% Interest rate is teh awesumz
wap

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:46 am
wap wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:24 am

How do you define epic :doe: ? Mine is totally function over form. 30 years old. Over 2 dozen trips over the pond plus 3 decades of road trips, cruises, etc, and it still looks brand new, still waterproof, zippers still work flawlessly, nothing is torn, frayed, worn, etc. That's pretty epic in my book.
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

I finally got a nice leather bag for travelling with a year and a half ago. I'm excited to see how that leather ages and developes its own patina as I use it more and more.
Desertbreh

wap wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:24 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:46 am

How do you define epic :doe: ? Mine is totally function over form. 30 years old. Over 2 dozen trips over the pond plus 3 decades of road trips, cruises, etc, and it still looks brand new, still waterproof, zippers still work flawlessly, nothing is torn, frayed, worn, etc. That's pretty epic in my book.
I'm flexible on the definition. I just haven't found luggage that I LOVE, so I await the infomercial.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

Detroit wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:49 am Dang. I love this thread.
:dat:
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

I've been using the same OGIO bags for the last 10 years or so - they've held up amazingly well.
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

that's pretty :neat:

I wish I had some bit of musical talent. My dad has some and can play drums, banjo, and bugle - I inherited none of it.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

I love mah Wife

I love mah baby, not newest pic but you get it

I :wub: track days, bro

I :wub: riding my poverty ADV bike around. Cheaper than therapy, and I need to make some time to do it ASAP, going on over a month without a long ride :(

:wub: mah :doge:

:wub: :neek:

:wub: mah bros
brain go brrrrrr
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:17 pm

Dat fancy Miata
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

4zilch wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:24 pm
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:17 pm

Dat fancy mx-5
but where is the plate? :doe:

did :fax: stop paying the tax man on it?>
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

dubshow wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:55 pm
4zilch wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:24 pm

Dat fancy mx-5
but where is the plate? :doe:

did :fax: stop paying the tax man on it?>
:pftch:
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

I rebuilt a house.

I rebuilt a car.

I've gone fast.

I've gone slow.

Slower.

I've truk'd.

4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

I relationship'd

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Does friends doe, and coffee and lastly my brother. Image

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

This thread is cool.

I'm turning 30 in about a week, so I've been reflecting a bit on my 20s and I have to say, life has been pretty fucking kickass.

In my 20's, I got engaged to a beautiful, fun, and strong woman. I traveled to 49 states and saw some of the most amazing scenery and cities in the best country on earth. I owned five cars (all manual, two two seaters) and drove on multiple race tracks in multiple countries. I visited 13 countries I can think of, hiked more amazing trails than I can remember, got back into mountain biking, developed a successful career. Eight years ago now, I graduated from college, one year ago I paid off my student loans in full. I get to spend time with friends and family often and I'm thankful to have had so many amazing people by my side for the past 30 years.
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

Johnny_P wrote:
My parents were always into listening to hard rock stuff and going to concerts but neither of them ever played anything. I did the same thing until I was 16ish and saw Dio - his opening act was Yngwie Malmsteen and the guy just blew my mind on guitar. I had no idea a guitar could sound like that.

From there I went off the deep end on Napster and got into all of the shred guitar guys, European metal bands, classical music, and jazz fusion. All still just listening, but eventually I realized that there were literally thousands of bands that played cool sounding stuff... which meant that it can't require some rare prodigy to play like that. How hard can it be?

The answer is that it's hard, but really not that bad in the age of free internet lessons and high quality cheap gear. Practice a few hours a day and even a nearly tone-deaf moran like me with no musical experience can play some cool shit after a couple of years. My main amp was $90 in a pawn shop and, while I play a fancy custom guitar now, I still keep around a $99 strat that sounds 98% as good.
Johnny_P

troyguitar wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 6:29 pm
Johnny_P wrote:
My parents were always into listening to hard rock stuff and going to concerts but neither of them ever played anything. I did the same thing until I was 16ish and saw Dio - his opening act was Yngwie Malmsteen and the guy just blew my mind on guitar. I had no idea a guitar could sound like that.

From there I went off the deep end on Napster and got into all of the shred guitar guys, European metal bands, classical music, and jazz fusion. All still just listening, but eventually I realized that there were literally thousands of bands that played cool sounding stuff... which meant that it can't require some rare prodigy to play like that. How hard can it be?

The answer is that it's hard, but really not that bad in the age of free internet lessons and high quality cheap gear. Practice a few hours a day and even a nearly tone-deaf moran like me with no musical experience can play some cool shit after a couple of years. My main amp was $90 in a pawn shop and, while I play a fancy custom guitar now, I still keep around a $99 strat that sounds 98% as good.
That’s awesome Troy.
Johnny_P

D Griff wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 6:18 pm This thread is cool.

I'm turning 30 in about a week, so I've been reflecting a bit on my 20s and I have to say, life has been pretty fucking kickass.

In my 20's, I got engaged to a beautiful, fun, and strong woman. I traveled to 49 states and saw some of the most amazing scenery and cities in the best country on earth. I owned five cars (all manual, two two seaters) and drove on multiple race tracks in multiple countries. I visited 13 countries I can think of, hiked more amazing trails than I can remember, got back into mountain biking, developed a successful career. Eight years ago now, I graduated from college, one year ago I paid off my student loans in full. I get to spend time with friends and family often and I'm thankful to have had so many amazing people by my side for the past 30 years.
30 was a great year for me, enjoy it man! Being able to keep a positive outlook on life is an excellent trait.
wap

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:31 pm
wap wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:24 pm

I'm flexible on the definition. I just haven't found luggage that I LOVE, so I await the infomercial.
Gonna type this out on my laptop then post the pics via crapa. So the first pic is my old school carry on, made by Andiamo, a company founded by a group of mountain climbers in California. Sadly, they went out of business several years ago. I bought this thing for $150 at a luggage store closeout sale in the spring of 1989. It was about half price which was pretty :troywax: back in the 80's. Built in the days before wheelies were a thing, the lack of rolling chassis and retractable handle makes for maximum interior volume. I have lived out of this thing for 7-10 day European trips, cruises, etc. I can fit a full suit in it easily along with a week's + worth of clothes. The secret weapon is the 2 large straps you can see. They're the same straps and buckles used by the Swedish military, or so said the 1980's brochure. All I know is the hardware is strong as fuck. Anyway, those 2 straps wrap around the bag and when cinched tight squeeze everything down and guarantee the bag will fit into the carry on dimension test thingie no matter how much I stuff it. Granted, the lack of rolling capability can sometimes be a pain, but I usually strap the handle to the wife's wheelie and pull both bags with mine hanging off of hers. This bag has been rained on while sitting on a tarmac and hung out the back of an open taxi trunk in the rain and my clothes remained dry. It's been to Europe over 2 dozen times in addition to many, many other trips in the last 3 decades and it does not show any wear, and I am not gentle with it.

The second, smaller bag is an over night bag by the same company, built in the same :massles: manner with the same over-engineered straps, buckles, zippers, etc. I use this one for 1-3 day short trips, long weekends, etc. Not as old as the other bag, it's still 23 years old and also looks like I bought it yesterday.

I'll most likely never have to buy myself any luggage before I die unless they get stolen or burned in a fire or something. I also own a simple duffel bag, little toiletry kit that also goes with me on all my trips, and a full size suitcase that I've only used maybe 3-4 times since I hate to check any bags so it usually stays home.

These 2 bags are probably some of the best purchases I've ever made since even though they're 2 and 3 decades old they'll probably outlive me.
wap

Carry on

Sent from my toaster using Crapatalk