Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

[user not found] wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 11:34 am
Detroit wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 11:28 am
RIP

It's the only thing that works for me right now when physical activity is limited.
Next step is abandoning DFD in a cold bicycle-powered rage.
NO!
Don't :doit:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
wap

Detroit wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 11:36 am
max225 wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 11:33 am

It is 80% diet... every time.
Indeed. But for some reason I eat really clean/well and still the only way to drop fat is to starve myself. Whatever.
Portion control :doe:
wap

SAWCE wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 11:42 am
wap wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 10:09 pm

:word:
Back issues SUCK, but if you think your body starts to hate you at 30, just wait a couple decades. :disgust: :wap:

And bald is sexy. Look at :sawce: ! :lol:
:wub:

The initial embrace of buzzing/shaving your head is hard, but now that I’m used to it I much prefer it to having hair.
:sissyfight:
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

wap wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 11:47 am
Indeed. But for some reason I eat really clean/well and still the only way to drop fat is to starve myself. Whatever.
That's exactly how I'm starving myself. It's not that I'm not eating, I'm just not eating that much. Calorie deficit seems to be the only way I can burn fat.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

NO!
I have thick skin, I'll be the last motherfucker posting on here, I swear.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

Back issues SUCK, but if you think your body starts to hate you at 30, just wait a couple decades. :disgust: :wap:

The initial embrace of buzzing/shaving your head is hard, but now that I’m used to it I much prefer it to having hair.
I did it once when I lived in CA, it was amazing.

It's how I end up with annual hair cuts. Once the weather gets warm, I cut off my locks to near a buzzed head, and my hair is usually pretty long again by the winter.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

:lolol: I won't be doing that.
:dat:
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

Detroit wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 11:52 am

I did it once when I lived in CA, it was amazing.

It's how I end up with annual hair cuts. Once the weather gets warm, I cut off my locks to near a buzzed head, and my hair is usually pretty long again by the winter.
you and me both, I went 7 months without a haircut and finally cut my hair just a few days ago, and let me tell you I feel liberated. But that being said, I'm not going for a buzzed hair again and look lot better with longer hair.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
09vdubgti
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Drives: Forester

[user not found] wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:00 am
09vdubgti wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 8:17 am

Sorry to hear about that man, we're on a similar boat then. I completely agree with you though on the potential exposure. The second half of 2020 was horrible,

Thanks for the advice, I was wondering what they would get out of it, I'll just go through chase then.
The only benefit you might get is the potential Subaru certification (and extended warranty) at a discount for going through the :dillerman: - only do this if you've kept up on maintenance (tires, brakes, etc.). Otherwise you're gonna get the ol' 1-2 :knot: punch in shop labor and parts if your car needs a bunch of things to meet cert spec.

You can call your original salesperson and let him know you're looking to buy out your lease and you wanted to know if you can certify it, and what the costs would be. You know what your buyout through Chase is, correct?
Alright cool thanks man, yea i've kept up with it. The maintenance on this car is more tedious than the VW. Yes, I know my buy out.
09vdubgti
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class

Detroit wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:12 am
09vdubgti wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 10:23 pm Also, I still have a bunch of OEM VW parts just using up space in the garage. I miss my MKV gti. The 7 was cool too but idk there was something about the 5.
Funny you mention this, I was just thinking yesterday that I miss my MKV too. Tornado Red 2 door with no options, the car felt special for some reason.
Exactly...

They still catch my eye when I see them roll around. Could also be the nostalgia factor too.
09vdubgti
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class

D Griff wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:42 am
09vdubgti wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:46 pm [user not found], you still doing car dealer work? Or anyone here I guess in general.

I leased my Subaru and lease is up...so I messed up or what not, and maybe enjoyed the car a tad bit more than we had agreed on; mileage wise. (36k miles, car currently has 59.7k LOL)

So the dealer called me and said I could go to the dealership to buy out the car there and they would handle also registration and stuff. However I was also told I could also just do it through my bank (Chase) which handles the lease RN.

Any benefits with going through the dealer? Or should I go through the bank? Also is there any negotiation factors I could possibly do here? Thnx
Welcome back man!

I do think buying out the car is likely your best bet. I believe that buyout price is normally set up front in negotiations when you lease the car, so I doubt they will budge on price now. You don't have much room to negotiate from as you will either have to buy the car or pay a large amount on overage miles.

Financing wise, you could get a loan quote from Chase for the buy out amount and see what kind of rate they offer you, bring that to the :dillerman: and see if they can beat it. In my experience car dealers have always been able to get me better rates than I could on my own.
Hey Man, nice to see you (and the rest) of you all.

Yea I was just wondering if there was anything I should know about. Cool man thanks.
09vdubgti
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class

Hey Sawce! Nice seeing ya!

I need some lifting tips/tricks. Ill bug you later though lol .
09vdubgti
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class

Detroit wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 10:39 am
max225 wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 10:36 am

Yea 4IPAs is a solid 800 cals :disgust:
Yep, so I just don't drink beer anymore. I do feel better.
I've not had beer since last November. Last october I was cleaning my place and it was pretty much beer bottles and cans. I decided to stop with it. Or at least hold off on it for now.

Now I just drink neat, tequila has been my adult juice of choice. El Tesoro, very tasty no burn. No mixers, no chasers, ill have some water in between.
ChrisoftheNorth

09vdubgti wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 1:23 pm
Detroit wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 10:39 am
Yep, so I just don't drink beer anymore. I do feel better.
I've not had beer since last November. Last october I was cleaning my place and it was pretty much beer bottles and cans. I decided to stop with it. Or at least hold off on it for now.

Now I just drink neat, tequila has been my adult juice of choice. El Tesoro, very tasty no burn. No mixers, no chasers, ill have some water in between.
Straight tequila sipping? :impressive:
09vdubgti
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class

Detroit wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 1:24 pm
09vdubgti wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 1:23 pm

yessir...

If its a quality bottle, you'll get a quality product.
wap

Detroit wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 11:51 am

NO!
I have thick skin, I'll be the last motherfucker posting on here, I swear.
:fuckyeah:
You and me, brother. :hubba:
09vdubgti
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class

Good on you guys though, for taking care of your health. I've too have began taking care of myself better lately. With all things happening outside, taking care of ones self is important now a days.
09vdubgti
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class

Cauliflower rice is a pretty good alternative to regular rice lol.
wap

09vdubgti wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 1:28 pm
yessir...

I have a couple bottles my in-laws brought back from Mehico that are :mindblown: smooth and 5/7 for sipping.
ChrisoftheNorth

09vdubgti wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 1:28 pm
yessir...

Interesting, I've never tried to sip it, just shots or margaritas. I should look to see if we have a decent bottle in our liquor cabinet to try sipping.
ChrisoftheNorth

09vdubgti wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 1:32 pm Cauliflower rice is a pretty good alternative to regular rice lol.
BIG time!

My wife is allergic to dairy (yes, worse than intolerant). She made a creamy pasta sauce without any cream using cauliflower instead. Whipped it up in the Vitamix and the result was :mindblown: I'm always amazed by what cauliflower can do.

Riced
roasted (makes a surprisingly :notbad: junk food substitute)
sauces
raw
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

That's exactly how I'm starving myself. It's not that I'm not eating, I'm just not eating that much. Calorie deficit seems to be the only way I can burn fat.
Calorie deficit is the only way to burn fat/lose weight.

If you’re starving, look a more satiating foods. Potatoes are great for staying full. Lean proteins. I’d start with a low fat approach since fat has twice as many calories as carbs and protein, so you’ll feel less full while injecting more calories if you have much fat in your diet.
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

09vdubgti wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 1:18 pm

Hey Sawce! Nice seeing ya!

I need some lifting tips/tricks. Ill bug you later though lol .
Hey buddy. Hit me up any time!
ChrisoftheNorth

SAWCE wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 1:50 pm
Calorie deficit is the only way to burn fat/lose weight.

If you’re starving, look a more satiating foods. Potatoes are great for staying full. Lean proteins. I’d start with a low fat approach since fat has twice as many calories as carbs and protein, so you’ll feel less full while injecting more calories if you have much fat in your diet.
I've found that veggies like broccoli and cauliflower are pretty satiating, those have been my go-to along with chicken and fish (salmon). Haven't had fatty protein in a while, but I do have half a NY Strip thawed in the fridge that I'm probably going to eat for dinner with a pile of steamed broccoli. The wants are real.
ChrisoftheNorth

[user not found] wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 1:51 pm
09vdubgti wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 1:32 pm Cauliflower rice is a pretty good alternative to regular rice lol.
Throw some protein in there and some cheese with some seasoning and you've got a meal.

I don't eat much cheese anymore, and I think eliminating it has helped with my weight loss. Lots of fat and worthless calories. Tastes awesome :doe: