DYELB: The Gainz Train

Health, fitness, and nutrition freaks, lets see those gainz.
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

golftdibrad1 wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2024 7:55 am
SAWCE wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2024 2:14 pm Knee pain that’s been on and off for a year or so got real bad Friday trying to hit legs. Went to urgent care to see if they’d do an MRI. They x-rayed instead which showed that things look good, and said to rest it. So I’m going to give it a month of not training my right leg. I’ll hammer on the left to still do something. If pain persists they said to hit up my primary and he could order an MRI. Hoping it’s just tendonitis that I’ve never let heal and it’s all good in a month or so. Once I get back to training that leg I’ll be taking Coog’s lead and paying for the kneesovertoes guy stuff and start doing his recommended shit to strengthen both knees and hopefully get to train pain-free.
Dang that sucks man.

I'm really feeling like im on the road back; 395 squat this morning.
Hell yeah, that’s a big ass squat. Nice work.
SAWCE

coogles wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2024 7:40 pm
SAWCE wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2024 2:14 pm Knee pain that’s been on and off for a year or so got real bad Friday trying to hit legs. Went to urgent care to see if they’d do an MRI. They x-rayed instead which showed that things look good, and said to rest it. So I’m going to give it a month of not training my right leg. I’ll hammer on the left to still do something. If pain persists they said to hit up my primary and he could order an MRI. Hoping it’s just tendonitis that I’ve never let heal and it’s all good in a month or so. Once I get back to training that leg I’ll be taking Coog’s lead and paying for the kneesovertoes guy stuff and start doing his recommended shit to strengthen both knees and hopefully get to train pain-free.
Aw man. Sorry to hear about the knee pain, but super curious to hear what you think about the ATG program.

I've taken a break from it for a while and though some of my lifts have gone up and I don't think I feel quite as good. My main complaints about ATG are that it's too quad dominant and too focused on the sagittal plane. Not wrong, necessarily, but I like doing some other things too. I've probably taken too much out, though, the ankles are stiffer, the hip flexors are tighter, and I just don't feel quite as athletic in general. I definitely need to find a way to incorporate some of the movements again.
Thanks dude! I don’t think I’ll go full blown on his program since overall it would detract from my current training, but I’ll definitely use some of his stuff to help keep my knees feeling better. The backwards walking up hills and doing sled pulls seem great, along with some of the stretches her recommends. We’ll see where I land with incorporating his stuff while balancing working towards my bodybuilding goals.
golftdibrad1
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: on used bald tires

This is the young lady that brought back some gold for the US in weightlifting after 20 something years doing a 480 squat at 156lb. Wild.
Desertbreh wrote: I'm happy for Brad because nobody jerks it to the Miata harder on this forum and that is the Crown Prince of Miatas.
D Griff wrote: Inserting 'nobody jerks it harder to the Miata than Brad' quote.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

golftdibrad1 wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2024 1:18 pm

This is the young lady that brought back some gold for the US in weightlifting after 20 something years doing a 480 squat at 156lb. Wild.
That is bananas man, holy shit :impressive:
J-Ho-Fo-Show69
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: 328, TJ, Grand Trailhawk

You guys wanna see something nasty? Last week I stepped on a rock playing pickleball. I was cutting hard to get back in position, and stepped on it and felt it in my foot immediately. It stabbed me at the right angle and felt like it punctured my shoe.

Of course I continued to play cause mama didn’t raise a bitch. Well, it has been bothering me and I took off my sock after todays pickleball, and it looks like I have quite the bruise. It didn’t look like that this morning. Looking at prosthetics now.

wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

:gag:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

J-Ho-Fo-Show69 wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2024 10:01 pm You guys wanna see something nasty? Last week I stepped on a rock playing pickleball. I was cutting hard to get back in position, and stepped on it and felt it in my foot immediately. It stabbed me at the right angle and felt like it punctured my shoe.

Of course I continued to play cause mama didn’t raise a bitch. Well, it has been bothering me and I took off my sock after todays pickleball, and it looks like I have quite the bruise. It didn’t look like that this morning. Looking at prosthetics now.

Hey, at least it wasn't so big/sharp that it punctured into your foot :yikes:
SAWCE

Damn that looks painful.
SAWCE

My MRI results came in on Friday finally. My patellar tendon is partially torn, as I suspected. My ACL also has mucoid degeneration. I have a follow up with a PCP tomorrow to hopefully get a referral to ortho. Been doing some reading. The ACL stuff might make me eligible for surgery, but they typically don’t do surgery for partial tears in these tendons. They put you in a brace that locks your leg completely straight for 6 weeks, followed by 6-12 weeks of PT before you can start weight training again.

Either way, treatment will have to wait a few months as I need to be mobile to help Michelle with Kaeilani. I’m having to work to not be depressed about the diagnosis. My right quad has already atrophied a bit, and 3-5 months of healing/rehab work on top of the time it will take before I can get to do that will mean some serious size lost. I know I’ll be able to build it back, but this feels like a whole lot more than a one step back for two steps forward… more like 10 steps back.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

SAWCE wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2024 8:49 am My MRI results came in on Friday finally. My patellar tendon is partially torn, as I suspected. My ACL also has mucoid degeneration. I have a follow up with a PCP tomorrow to hopefully get a referral to ortho. Been doing some reading. The ACL stuff might make me eligible for surgery, but they typically don’t do surgery for partial tears in these tendons. They put you in a brace that locks your leg completely straight for 6 weeks, followed by 6-12 weeks of PT before you can start weight training again.

Either way, treatment will have to wait a few months as I need to be mobile to help Michelle with Kaeilani. I’m having to work to not be depressed about the diagnosis. My right quad has already atrophied a bit, and 3-5 months of healing/rehab work on top of the time it will take before I can get to do that will mean some serious size lost. I know I’ll be able to build it back, but this feels like a whole lot more than a one step back for two steps forward… more like 10 steps back.
Yuck man.

Have you given any of the ATG stuff a try? Being in a brace for 6 weeks seems exactly the opposite of what would be ideal. That sounds like a way to make sure your body doesn't think you'll ever need to bend that knee again.

I poked around on the ATG for coaches website and the closest one to Portland looks to be in Hood River. :notsure: how close you are to there but it's an idea if you're looking to work with someone in person. If not, you can always do the virtual thing with their coaches but it's not going to be the same level of service as far as working through your particular issues.
golftdibrad1

coogles wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2024 9:02 am
SAWCE wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2024 8:49 am My MRI results came in on Friday finally. My patellar tendon is partially torn, as I suspected. My ACL also has mucoid degeneration. I have a follow up with a PCP tomorrow to hopefully get a referral to ortho. Been doing some reading. The ACL stuff might make me eligible for surgery, but they typically don’t do surgery for partial tears in these tendons. They put you in a brace that locks your leg completely straight for 6 weeks, followed by 6-12 weeks of PT before you can start weight training again.

Being in a brace for 6 weeks seems exactly the opposite of what would be ideal. That sounds like a way to make sure your body doesn't think you'll ever need to bend that knee again.

:dat: Clearly you shouldn't be doing alot of heavily loaded work since thats prob how it tore to begin with, but the thing needs to move to get stimulated to repair. Stress, recovery, adaptation.

Tendons heal slow as shit tho, so that sucks.
Desertbreh wrote: I'm happy for Brad because nobody jerks it to the Miata harder on this forum and that is the Crown Prince of Miatas.
J-Ho-Fo-Show69
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: 328, TJ, Grand Trailhawk

That sucks man. For what it’s worth, I tore both my patella tendons at different times in high school. My parents were too cheap to have me do surgery and they braced my ass up. Never ran fast again. I can’t say if surgery would have been better, but probably. Those ortho surguens are kinda miracle workers. I’ve been told I walk like a chimp bowlegged. I know it sucks, but you’ll be able to build muscle back!
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

golftdibrad1 wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2024 9:17 am Tendons heal slow as shit tho, so that sucks.
This. Getting tendons to adapt and rebuild takes a long time. Going the ATG route takes a lot of patience but the results have been well worth it for me.
SAWCE

Dang. Thanks for the input dudes. I’ll definitely look for more options in that case. What you’re saying definitely makes sense. Use it or lose it.

A buddy of mine tore something in his knee a few years back and his doc was pushing for surgery, but he was able to work with a good sports rehab therapist and now he’s back to playing basketball and snowboarding without really holding himself back. So I’ll talk to him too.
SAWCE

Got another home gym workout in. Brought de bebe down with me where she slept soundly through my workout in her bassinet.

Shoulders and arms. My bench doesn’t quite work right in the confines of the Weider smith machine for setting up for a shoulder press with back support, so I did my first movement as lateral raises to pre-exhaust my delts and not need to use as much weight on the press. Moved on to press after that with the bench just flat and engaging my core for support.

Followed up with an arm superset. JM presses and preacher curls. The removable preacher pad and bar on this bench actually hit at a great angle and I got an awesome pump.

Friday I’ll try to come back down to train my left leg lol.

I missed my appointment last Monday, as we were in the middle of a feed and it completely slipped my mind, to go over the MRI results and talk next steps, so I’ve just been alternating ice and heat to promote some blood flow and healing in the meantime. Need to call them back to reschedule that and see if I can get a good sports PT referral. Going to angle to have them help me take your guys’ advice and go that route vs just immobilizing it and letting it possibly heal in a shortened/weakened status.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2024 8:05 pm Got another home gym workout in. Brought de bebe down with me where she slept soundly through my workout in her bassinet.

Shoulders and arms. My bench doesn’t quite work right in the confines of the Weider smith machine for setting up for a shoulder press with back support, so I did my first movement as lateral raises to pre-exhaust my delts and not need to use as much weight on the press. Moved on to press after that with the bench just flat and engaging my core for support.

Followed up with an arm superset. JM presses and preacher curls. The removable preacher pad and bar on this bench actually hit at a great angle and I got an awesome pump.

I missed my appointment last Monday, as we were in the middle of a feed and it completely slipped my mind, to go over the MRI results and talk next steps, so I’ve just been alternating ice and heat to promote some blood flow and healing in the meantime. Need to call them back to reschedule that and see if I can get a good sports PT referral. Going to angle to have them help me take your guys’ advice and go that route vs just immobilizing it and letting it possibly heal in a shortened/weakened status.
Nice man. Anything is better than nothing.

We had our twins in March of 2020, so immediately after the gyms all shut down, I had no home gym equipment, and I promptly put on 10 pounds, which was really 15 pounds of fat and 5 pounds of lost muscle. Lack of sleep didn't help.

That's when I bought the kettlebells, rings, and a pull-up bar and started slinging those things around 4 days a week. I immediately snapped back into shape, it was honestly pretty crazy how quickly I looked like shit and then just as quickly it all came back.

Godspeed on the knee. If you pursue the knees over toes thing let me know, I'm happy to help out any way I can.
SAWCE

coogles wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2024 8:13 pm
SAWCE wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2024 8:05 pm Got another home gym workout in. Brought de bebe down with me where she slept soundly through my workout in her bassinet.

Nice man. Anything is better than nothing.

We had our twins in March of 2020, so immediately after the gyms all shut down, I had no home gym equipment, and I promptly put on 10 pounds, which was really 15 pounds of fat and 5 pounds of lost muscle. Lack of sleep didn't help.

That's when I bought the kettlebells, rings, and a pull-up bar and started slinging those things around 4 days a week. I immediately snapped back into shape, it was honestly pretty crazy how quickly I looked like shit and then just as quickly it all came back.

Godspeed on the knee. If you pursue the knees over toes thing let me know, I'm happy to help out any way I can.
Thanks dude! I started following him on IG and implanting some of the free advice he gives there. If Kaiser won’t hook me up with a good PT I’ll spend my money on him instead if whatever want me to do.
SAWCE

Forgot I have some bands I bought for Covid home workouts when I had nothing. I’ll start incorporating those for some accommodating resistance to make my shit even more effective.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

SAWCE wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2024 9:11 pm Forgot I have some bands I bought for Covid home workouts when I had nothing. I’ll start incorporating those for some accommodating resistance to make my shit even more effective.
:nice: I figure I’ll go back to some of my Covid stuff over the baby arrives, dumbbells, pull ups, bands, etc. Way better than nothing.

Fingers crossed you can get some helpful PT for that knee. Injuries suck.
golftdibrad1

I didn't know about this story, but wow.

this is one version of the little short making the rounds (why is it so dusty in here)
https://www.facebook.com/share/v/AE4VEAB3HcMiwCAV/

Full meet analysis, really was incredible. My dude messed up his final attempt snatch, so he had to both set a PB clean & jerk by sevel kgs, AND a PB total to get gold. That like almost never happens after failed attempts.
SAWCE

Never updated here. Not doing surgery. But I can’t get in to PT until middle/end of October. I have a sports medicine appointment scheduled for the very next day as well. They gave me some shit to do at home in the meantime, so I’m doing those 6 exercises.

I’m going to grab some HGH from a gym bro and run that to help speed up the healing process. Thinking about picking up some of those peptides BPC-157 and TB-500 as well. Might skip the TB and just run the BPC at a higher dose. Hoping between that, the HGH, getting back on Animal Flex, and the PT work I’m doing on my own that by the time I get in to see them that I’m healed up or close to it.

I hope that getting a follow up MRI to make sure the tear is fully healed isn’t too difficult. I want to be able to go back into training legs with full peace of mind whenever I do get to.
SAWCE

HGH and the “Wolverine” stack of peptides ordered. Grabbing 2 100 unit kits of HGH and I’ll spread that over the 8 weeks that I plan on running the peptides for. I’ll evaluate 5-6 weeks in and see if I think I’ll need to run another 4 weeks at the end.

Week 6 of running that stuff will be when I have my first actual PT appointment, so that will be a good time to see where I’m at. Continuing PT at home for now. Have been doing every other day, but once the good are here I think I’ll try doing it daily to promote more blood flow.
Desertbreh

SAWCE wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2024 2:58 pm HGH and the “Wolverine” stack of peptides ordered. Grabbing 2 100 unit kits of HGH and I’ll spread that over the 8 weeks that I plan on running the peptides for. I’ll evaluate 5-6 weeks in and see if I think I’ll need to run another 4 weeks at the end.

Week 6 of running that stuff will be when I have my first actual PT appointment, so that will be a good time to see where I’m at. Continuing PT at home for now. Have been doing every other day, but once the good are here I think I’ll try doing it daily to promote more blood flow.
:impressive: marketing
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
SAWCE

Desertbreh wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2024 3:29 pm
SAWCE wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2024 2:58 pm HGH and the “Wolverine” stack of peptides ordered. Grabbing 2 100 unit kits of HGH and I’ll spread that over the 8 weeks that I plan on running the peptides for. I’ll evaluate 5-6 weeks in and see if I think I’ll need to run another 4 weeks at the end.

:impressive: marketing
Haha I think that was user generated, but if not :notbad: