Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

CaleDeRoo wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 5:00 pm
Apex wrote:
Dat exhaust.
Was a turbo making over 400hp. My fist fit in the exhaust though.Image

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
:impressive: How much you sell that beast for? and when?
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

needs more TIP
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Detroit wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:34 pm
max225 wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:29 pm

modding is always :wasteful: but we're young, dumb and full of c__ we think that we know better than people who do this for a living :gaydance:
I knew the mods were money lit on fire. I'm perfectly fine with that. What I didn't expect was how much simple mods like I did would limit the market. I think that's somewhat unique to Corvettes, but still. Wow. Do. Not. Mod. A. Corvette.

I actually really enjoyed working on that car and doing the work I did on it. So the fact that I got out of it for a minimal loss (just $500 from the base price for 14k miles), I view the mods cost as enjoyment like a vacation that's worth $0 at the end.

If I could go back in time and do it all over again, I would have started with a 4th gen Camaro I think. Lower price of entry, plus less market sensitivity to mods. Oh well. It's another car chapter closed, and I'll remember it very fondly, which is all I can ask for.
:pouroneout: :poorvette:

Congrats man, you had your fun and had a great run with it. They are a blast but also a headache in many ways, I certainly get it. You always had the right outlook with the mods being :troywax: . The way I see it, my 'vette will end up going to some trackdaybro for $9K when I'm done with it, it's a toy, not an investment. All told on the 'vette I've :wasteful: about $18K in maintenance, mods, and depreciation so far... not bad considering it was also my primary transportation for four years and I've put almost 50k miles on it.

The :jeep: :truk: looks :neat: hope that you enjoy it!
Desertbreh
Command Chief Master Sirloin

CaleDeRoo wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 5:00 pm
Apex wrote:
Dat exhaust.
Was a turbo making over 400hp. My fist fit in the exhaust though.Image

This is fucking OUTSTANDING.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:20 pm
CaleDeRoo wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 5:00 pm Was a turbo making over 400hp. My fist fit in the exhaust though.Image

This is fucking OUTSTANDING.
:dat: :amazing:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:50 pm
Detroit wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 6:56 am
Maybe?

Dude out of the blue asked me to call him when he saw the CL post I've had up all summer. He's a rad older dude looking for a "modern" Vette. He came out to look at the car Monday night, and we struck a deal at the end. Completed the deal and he took the car last night.

I got $16.5k for it. I'm pleased with that overall, pretty sure that's all it was worth, and I certainly wouldn't get more for it later.

While I loved the car, and still do, it's just not what I want anymore. This world is increasingly not fit for sports cars, and I really don't enjoy having an awesome thing just sitting in the garage 99% of the time. Taking the Gladiator wheeling, camping, kayaking, etc is far more appealing to me right now. Obviously :wrong: but I like the simplicity of one vehicle right now.

I'll probably end up with something fun eventually, I'm super intrigued by 996 Targas, would love another 944 or 968, early Vipers are getting pretty attractive, but I think that'll be a way off, if ever.
We are 95% of the way towards a contract on an oceanfront condo between Rosarito Beach and Ensenada. Assuming that goes down, the Brahhoe will find a new home south of the border and the C6 may get swapped for a JL as you simply cannot drive that thing to Baja.
This is incredible. :jelly:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Desertbreh

Detroit wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:57 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:50 pm

We are 95% of the way towards a contract on an oceanfront condo between Rosarito Beach and Ensenada. Assuming that goes down, the Brahhoe will find a new home south of the border and the C6 may get swapped for a JL as you simply cannot drive that thing to Baja.
We're stoked. Unit Z-2202.

http://seahouz.com/
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
max225

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:01 pm

Wow .... you’re a brave man for funneling money into a place that’s 1 hr away from Tijuana
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

max225 wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:16 pm

Wow .... you’re a brave man for funneling money into a place that’s 1 hr away from Tijuana
I’ll be there whenever he isn’t to look after the place.
max225

SAWCE wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:41 pm

Hong Kong gentleman’s club down there is 👌🏻
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

max225 wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:43 pm
SAWCE wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:41 pm

My coworkers were just talking about that place the other day. Apparently a few of them were down there once, ran into a group of managers from work. One of the managers was just drunk off his ass and offered to buy a girl for the guy that is my main estimator now because if all the work he’d done for the guy at the time. :lolwut:
max225

SAWCE wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:01 pm
max225 wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:43 pm
My coworkers were just talking about that place the other day. Apparently a few of them were down there once, ran into a group of managers from work. One of the managers was just drunk off his ass and offered to buy a girl for the guy that is my main estimator now because if all the work he’d done for the guy at the time. :lolwut:
Do they have a robe to prove it
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

dubshow wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 5:20 pm
CaleDeRoo wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 5:00 pm Was a turbo making over 400hp. My fist fit in the exhaust though.Image

:impressive: How much you sell that beast for? and when?
It wasn't mine I only made the fenders/diffuser type thing. The guy who commissioned it sold it a couple years ago, and it appears the guy who bought it from him has since passed away and the Instagram account he had for the car was wiped. I have no idea where it is now.
ChrisoftheNorth

Fucking awesome!
ChrisoftheNorth

OK, how about some Gladiator content?

Max asked what was different about the Gladiator vs. the Wrangler...this is the most apparent from the front:

On the Wrangler, the top of the shifter is the profile of an old Willy's Jeep. This is interesting because it's a pretty modern feeling rendering, I actually think I might prefer the old Willy's more.

Other than that, it's pretty much all JL carryover. The HVAC and HDC buttons are both Wranglers. Guess it makes sense to not tool up new buttons, plus it might be tough to make the truck profile with icons inside.

However, all digital aspects are unique to the truck. Open the door with the truck on, that the door open indicator is a truck, not an SUV. On startup, a little Jeep drives across the IP screen on the bottom, in the Gladiator it's a pickup. Those sorts of things are pretty :neat: attention to detail.

But the biggest thing that's different is the back seat (no fucking shit, right?)

The headrests fold down like that for more visibility out the back, it's really nice. Further, the back seat is massive. I can easily sit behind myself with complete comfort. That wasn't possible in the Colorado. This has more leg room AND headroom because of the square top.

The biggest challenge is locked storage, which the Gladiator does pretty :neat: Pull the strap to fold the seat back down (which the Colorado doesn't do), and there's a lock cylinder that's keyed to the truck key to lock the rear seat back up.

And then what's behind is a nice mesh pouch that you could store valuables in. I could see putting my wallet and cell phone here when camping or doing the outdoors things I do frequently.

Both sides have it, and with both seats folded there's a "flat" loading area. Not sure what I'd use if for, but kind of :neat:

The seat bottoms just pull up. There's no latch to pull or anything, which is freaking awesome. I hated needing two hands to get to the underseat storage in the Colorado. I'd have my hands full of whatever I wanted to put under there and I'd need to put it all down on the floor, use one hand to pull up on the lock lever and another to pull the bottom up, then pick up my shit and put where I wanted it in the first place. This doesn't require any of that bullshit. It's a pretty big space too. In the Colorado, it was all molded underneath and there were "bins" that were pretty useless. This is great...

And here's under the seat where you have a box with foam holes in it to place the nuts/bolts when removing the doors, windshield, roof, etc so you don't lose them. JLs have this under the rear load floor.

That's the inside. Overall, I feel like the back seat is more usable than most midisize trucks. Not just the ample passenger space, but the locking seat back and large underseat area is really well done. I've noticed some neat things in the bed that I haven't taken photos of, so I'll share that later.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

:excited:
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

Detroit wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:14 am OK, how about some Gladiator content?

Max asked what was different about the Gladiator vs. the Wrangler...this is the most apparent from the front:

On the Wrangler, the top of the shifter is the profile of an old Willy's Jeep. This is interesting because it's a pretty modern feeling rendering, I actually think I might prefer the old Willy's more.

Other than that, it's pretty much all JL carryover. The HVAC and HDC buttons are both Wranglers. Guess it makes sense to not tool up new buttons, plus it might be tough to make the truck profile with icons inside.

However, all digital aspects are unique to the truck. Open the door with the truck on, that the door open indicator is a truck, not an SUV. On startup, a little Jeep drives across the IP screen on the bottom, in the Gladiator it's a pickup. Those sorts of things are pretty :neat: attention to detail.

But the biggest thing that's different is the back seat (no fucking shit, right?)

The headrests fold down like that for more visibility out the back, it's really nice. Further, the back seat is massive. I can easily sit behind myself with complete comfort. That wasn't possible in the Colorado. This has more leg room AND headroom because of the square top.

The biggest challenge is locked storage, which the Gladiator does pretty :neat: Pull the strap to fold the seat back down (which the Colorado doesn't do), and there's a lock cylinder that's keyed to the truck key to lock the rear seat back up.

And then what's behind is a nice mesh pouch that you could store valuables in. I could see putting my wallet and cell phone here when camping or doing the outdoors things I do frequently.

Both sides have it, and with both seats folded there's a "flat" loading area. Not sure what I'd use if for, but kind of :neat:

The seat bottoms just pull up. There's no latch to pull or anything, which is freaking awesome. I hated needing two hands to get to the underseat storage in the Colorado. I'd have my hands full of whatever I wanted to put under there and I'd need to put it all down on the floor, use one hand to pull up on the lock lever and another to pull the bottom up, then pick up my shit and put where I wanted it in the first place. This doesn't require any of that bullshit. It's a pretty big space too. In the Colorado, it was all molded underneath and there were "bins" that were pretty useless. This is great...

And here's under the seat where you have a box with foam holes in it to place the nuts/bolts when removing the doors, windshield, roof, etc so you don't lose them. JLs have this under the rear load floor.

That's the inside. Overall, I feel like the back seat is more usable than most midisize trucks. Not just the ample passenger space, but the locking seat back and large underseat area is really well done. I've noticed some neat things in the bed that I haven't taken photos of, so I'll share that later.
:fuckyeah: :truckyeah:
Desertbreh

We've plowed this ground. You're terrified of Mexico. I am not. It has all the things white people like. Full security, title insurance from a U.S. Company, this is the fourth tower the guy has built on the property, etc. Easy four hour drive to the sea. In the U.S. this would have a 2 in front of the price, which I cannot afford. I'm 50. I don't parade around the country in a Mustang convertible full of hot AZNs. I drive around it in a 16 year old truck. I could tout the many benefits of Northern Baja for hours but you wouldn't care, so brave man I am.
Desertbreh

Detroit wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 8:32 am

Fucking awesome!
Should be! Thanks!
ChrisoftheNorth

Desertbreh wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:47 am

We've plowed this ground. You're terrified of Mexico. I am not. It has all the things white people like. Full security, title insurance from a U.S. Company, this is the fourth tower the guy has built on the property, etc. Easy four hour drive to the sea. In the U.S. this would have a 2 in front of the price, which I cannot afford. I'm 50. I don't parade around the country in a Mustang convertible full of hot AZNs. I drive around it in a 16 year old truck. I could tout the many benefits of Northern Baja for hours but you wouldn't care, so brave man I am.
I'd love to live in Baja.
max225

Detroit wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:14 am OK, how about some Gladiator content?

I love this type of stuff. The graphics specific to the JT are super :neat: I noticed that on my short drive.

Storage solutions are smart as well!

Hope you really enjoy this thing and I am not sure why you wouldn't.

Random question... so the Colorado was labeled at like sub 7 0-60 somehow right ? This thing is what 8/9? Can you tell a big diff ? Or am I getting my numbers mixed up.
ChrisoftheNorth

ZR2 was 7.1, Gladiator is 8.1...both according to Motor Trend.

Does it feel slower? I guess...but not drastically slower. The ZR2 felt like it had a really aggressive first gear, which made take-off tough. It easily spun the tires, so you had to be gentle with applying the throttle from launch. It also had a really non-linear power delivery, meaning once you got into upper RPM, you needed to let off the throttle to keep a consistent acceleration.

Somehow, the Gladiator feels more liner and thus predictable. I made a right turn this morning with traffic coming at me fast and just floored it. A little tire spin, but it just went with minimal drama. It reached speed just fine, and didn't get that rush of power at the top like the Colorado did. I personally really prefer a linear power delivery in a truck, and the Gladiator is great here. I think all that comes down to tuning the throttle, trans, etc.

I honestly expected the Gladiator to feel slower. It's not "fast", but perfectly adequate.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

JL Wrangler Unlimited has 57" of rear hip room? That'll totally fit 3 car seats. :evilplan: Except...will have no money.
ChrisoftheNorth

[user not found] wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 11:09 am
Detroit wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:53 am ZR2 was 7.1, Gladiator is 8.1...both according to Motor Trend.

Does it feel slower? I guess...but not drastically slower. The ZR2 felt like it had a really aggressive first gear, which made take-off tough. It easily spun the tires, so you had to be gentle with applying the throttle from launch. It also had a really non-linear power delivery, meaning once you got into upper RPM, you needed to let off the throttle to keep a consistent acceleration.

Somehow, the Gladiator feels more liner and thus predictable. I made a right turn this morning with traffic coming at me fast and just floored it. A little tire spin, but it just went with minimal drama. It reached speed just fine, and didn't get that rush of power at the top like the Colorado did. I personally really prefer a linear power delivery in a truck, and the Gladiator is great here. I think all that comes down to tuning the throttle, trans, etc.

I honestly expected the Gladiator to feel slower. It's not "fast", but perfectly adequate.
The Colorado was hilariously quick for a truck.
1-3 gears in the 8-speed are :lolol:

Too bad the rest of the transmission seems to be junk.