DYELB: The Gainz Train

Health, fitness, and nutrition freaks, lets see those gainz.
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

D Griff wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 12:04 pm
SAWCE wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:02 am I’ll try not to spam this shit too much with pics as I close in on the show, but damn I’m stoked on how this pose looks. First time hitting it, need to tweak my positioning a bit, but :fuckyeah: overall. Always loved seeing Ahnold hit this one and I knew I wanted to work it in to my free posing routine or hit it during mandatories as my “favorite classic pose”. If I can really nail it down I’ll use it for both.

I say spam away, I enjoy the pics :lolol: :gay:
Thanks man! I know a dude in his undies isn’t everyone’s cup of tea, so I won’t go overboard, but I’ll share the shots that I really like as my anticipation grows for the show.
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

SAWCE wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 12:25 pm

Thanks man! I know a dude in his undies isn’t everyone’s cup of tea, so I won’t go overboard, but I’ll share the shots that I really like as my anticipation grows for the show.
Share away my good man!

When are your legs gonna grow? :hue: I bust chops, but your dedication and drive for bodybuilding is :impressive:
SAWCE

Apex wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 12:26 pm

Share away my good man!

When are your legs gonna grow? :hue: I bust chops, but your dedication and drive for bodybuilding is :impressive:
Haha I’m working on it!! Managed to add a couple inches to them from the last show. Recently started training slightly differently and I think it’s going to be a game changer for me. I’m getting better mental connections with the muscles as I’m lifting and able to push further past what I thought was failure before, so hopefully I’ll finally be able to catch up those lagging body parts. Biceps are more sore from that style of training yesterday than they have been in years. Can feel them firing now just holding my phone up at chest height to text.
Apex

SAWCE wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 12:40 pm

Share away my good man!

Haha I’m working on it!! Managed to add a couple inches to them from the last show. Recently started training slightly differently and I think it’s going to be a game changer for me. I’m getting better mental connections with the muscles as I’m lifting and able to push further past what I thought was failure before, so hopefully I’ll finally be able to catch up those lagging body parts. Biceps are more sore from that style of training yesterday than they have been in years. Can feel them firing now just holding my phone up at chest height to text.
:nice:
Desertbreh

SAWCE wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:02 am I’ll try not to spam this shit too much with pics as I close in on the show, but damn I’m stoked on how this pose looks. First time hitting it, need to tweak my positioning a bit, but :fuckyeah: overall. Always loved seeing Ahnold hit this one and I knew I wanted to work it in to my free posing routine or hit it during mandatories as my “favorite classic pose”. If I can really nail it down I’ll use it for both.

The annoying part of getting huge is that exposes areas where you are only mildly huge. Your back has always been the star of the show, and I feel like your shoulders and chest are catching up....arms as well. Legs are "less epic"......that's not really a dish.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Desertbreh

In more pedestrian news from an old guy not on the gear, I went to the gym for the first time in forever. Trying to keep what works at home and add things you can only get in the gym to shorten my trips there.
Today was the first deadlifts in like 10 months, just picked 25O as max out of thin air for 531 and ended up at 215 X 7. Stretched and did pullups at home before going in.

Could be worse @ 52.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Share away my good man!

Does this mean smoking some Devil's Lettuce prior to the lift :lolol: ?
SAWCE

D Griff wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:26 pm

Does this mean smoking some Devil's Lettuce prior to the lift :lolol: ?
I actually do enjoy a small small hit off a vape before some sessions, but I’ve been abstaining the last few months while I wait to get tested for the new jerb :(
SAWCE

Desertbreh wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 12:44 pm

The annoying part of getting huge is that exposes areas where you are only mildly huge. Your back has always been the star of the show, and I feel like your shoulders and chest are catching up....arms as well. Legs are "less epic"......that's not really a dish.
:word: being tall doesn’t help me here either. Oh well, I’ll keep chipping away. Thanks man!
SAWCE

Desertbreh wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 12:49 pm In more pedestrian news from an old guy not on the gear, I went to the gym for the first time in forever. Trying to keep what works at home and add things you can only get in the gym to shorten my trips there.
Today was the first deadlifts in like 10 months, just picked 25O as max out of thin air for 531 and ended up at 215 X 7. Stretched and did pullups at home before going in.

Could be worse @ 52.
How’d you feel going in? Relatively safe with their new procedures? Curious how sore you’ll be tomorrow after the first deadlift session. Cool that you went in and killed the hard stuff on day 1. That’s the way to do it.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

SAWCE wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:32 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 12:49 pm In more pedestrian news from an old guy not on the gear, I went to the gym for the first time in forever. Trying to keep what works at home and add things you can only get in the gym to shorten my trips there.

Could be worse @ 52.
How’d you feel going in? Relatively safe with their new procedures? Curious how sore you’ll be tomorrow after the first deadlift session. Cool that you went in and killed the hard stuff on day 1. That’s the way to do it.
I am thinking of hopping on the gym train as well, I guess I should talk to :tits: and see if she's interested and possibly start looking into what is around us now. I know she will want to do the YMCA... I am :notsure: on it for $100/month, when I could likely get what I need for $20 or less (unless this has been hit with the COVID +50% on price like most other things).
Desertbreh

Could be worse @ 52.
This is an InShape. They were open for like two weeks in September before being shuttered again. Their procedures are as best they can be. You have to make a reservation to limit capacity. Lots of space at 6a.m. to 7:30 a.m. They take your temp. Still the usual suspects with noses over masks, but a big space with few people. I am doing a hybrid of home and gym. After adding the adjustable dumbbells, which is a GREAT product, worth every penny, I can cover a lot of ground at home between that and TG. I need the gym for deads, heavy leg work, dip bars, OHP. But I'm doing all accessory work and stretching and cardio at home. Get in, get out.
Desertbreh

Could be worse @ 52.
The DL is actually my favorite exercise of all time. So elemental. Get in position, pull the bar to the top of the plates, and fire with all you got.
SAWCE

Desertbreh wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:53 pm

This is an InShape. They were open for like two weeks in September before being shuttered again. Their procedures are as best they can be. You have to make a reservation to limit capacity. Lots of space at 6a.m. to 7:30 a.m. They take your temp. Still the usual suspects with noses over masks, but a big space with few people. I am doing a hybrid of home and gym. After adding the adjustable dumbbells, which is a GREAT product, worth every penny, I can cover a lot of ground at home between that and TG. I need the gym for deads, heavy leg work, dip bars, OHP. But I'm doing all accessory work and stretching and cardio at home. Get in, get out.
Sounds solid
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

:howdareu:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
SAWCE

wap wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:10 pm

:howdareu:
I still got the fully nood versions waiting for you to give me your number.
Desertbreh

First gym leg day. I already did the first real damage with a couple of days of goblet squats, but only with the 52.5ers. Five sets of goblet squats @ 60, 75 and 90 lbs and some work on the sled. Feels gud.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Desertbreh wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 2:08 pm First gym leg day. I already did the first real damage with a couple of days of goblet squats, but only with the 52.5ers. Five sets of goblet squats @ 60, 75 and 90 lbs and some work on the sled. Feels gud.
That first leg day... in for a straight week of extreme soreness of the best kind.
Desertbreh

D Griff wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 2:27 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 2:08 pm First gym leg day. I already did the first real damage with a couple of days of goblet squats, but only with the 52.5ers. Five sets of goblet squats @ 60, 75 and 90 lbs and some work on the sled. Feels gud.
That first leg day... in for a straight week of extreme soreness of the best kind.
Agreed
SAWCE

:fuckyeah:
Apex

Desert, did you get the Bowflex adjustable dumbbells? Planning out some home gym pieces and like the concept of adjustables.
Desertbreh

Apex wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 4:20 pm Desert, did you get the Bowflex adjustable dumbbells? Planning out some home gym pieces and like the concept of adjustables.
Yes sir, and I am SUPER pleased with them thus far. Got the set that goes from 5 to 52.5. 5 to 22.5 is in 2.5 lb. increments, 25-50 is 5 lb then the 52.5 on the end. To adjust them you set them back in the provided trays which are still holding whatever weights you are not. Easy and seamless adjustment with click wheels on each end, no issues with that so far. I try to be careful with them given they are full of mechanical parts, and they are obviously large to accommodate the multiple plates, but the grip section is very comfortable. I don't know how you could do better given the packaging parameters.
Apex

Desertbreh wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 6:28 pm
Apex wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 4:20 pm Desert, did you get the Bowflex adjustable dumbbells? Planning out some home gym pieces and like the concept of adjustables.
Yes sir, and I am SUPER pleased with them thus far. Got the set that goes from 5 to 52.5. 5 to 22.5 is in 2.5 lb. increments, 25-50 is 5 lb then the 52.5 on the end. To adjust them you set them back in the provided trays which are still holding whatever weights you are not. Easy and seamless adjustment with click wheels on each end, no issues with that so far. I try to be careful with them given they are full of mechanical parts, and they are obviously large to accommodate the multiple plates, but the grip section is very comfortable. I don't know how you could do better given the packaging parameters.
Thanks! Exactly the review I was looking for.
SAWCE

Apex wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 6:55 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 6:28 pm

Thanks! Exactly the review I was looking for.
A few friends have had them over the years and I was also impressed by the build quality and grip feeling. As long as you won’t need to dump them mid-lift often as Desert mentioned due to the nature of the mechanical parts, I’d recommend them based on the experiences I’ve had.
SAWCE

Chest/tricep training today, followed by a session with my posing coach. I’ve got all the mandatory poses and quarter turns down for pre-judging, and today we started working on my personal routine. Pretty excited with what we’ve come up with so far, and will be nice to have an actual routine vs going up there and freestyling like I did last time.

Dropped another 5lbs this past week. Insane. I’m down to 217.4lbs now. I think my coach will start feeding me more soon so we avoid getting to a point where I’m losing :massles: