Dat Pizza Thread Doe

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

Acid666 wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:16 pm I've said this once, and I'll say it again. It's hard to fuck pizza up. But Little Ceasar's finds a way.

On the good note, there's a couple of local places that have awesome pizza. Deano's and Pizza Village are the shit.
Another local place that's the :tits: is Pizza Artista. They've got one called the BOUCHERIE and it's like fucking candy
American Cheese, Boudin, Smoked Cajun Sausage, Onions, Green Onions, Ghost Pepper -Mozzarella Blend, Cracklin, Steen's Syrup
BOUDIN ON EVERYTHING Y'ALL!!!

I always see their commercials everytime, but I never had one. Their cheesy crush :wub:
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:01 pm
SAWCE wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:39 pm For the big chains, I'm a Papa John's fan. I grew up on Pizza Hut when we would visit the "big city" of Lancaster, but the last few times I had it it wasn't as good as I remembered. PJs has a nice chewy crust/dough. Plus the dipping sauce and the pepperoncini free with your 'za. Done.

For local spots, I grew up with a Pizza Factory. Small franchise spot mostly in SoCal. Chewy crust, grease dripping everywhere, pepperonis that cup perfectly. Everything is great. Down here for local spots, I like Pizza Port and a place called Woodys (might be called woodstock, only had it a few times).

RE: Pineapple. I'm indifferent towards it. Tastes fine when it's on, but I rarely think to order it. One of my friends used to always pick up a pepperoni, pineapple, and jalapeno pizza though, and that was fantastic.
My first job was actually delivering for Dominos, just right before I got my :turboyaris: Dominos certainly make their pizza greasy and good, and I love their parmesan balls or pretzels (w/e they serve at the time), now its pretzels, when i worked it's balls and they are just fire. I haven't ordered papa johns for couple years now, but moreso on Dominos. Papa doesn't fill you up or make you have a food baby as opposed to Dominos and it's pretty good, but im biased on dominos :lol:
I never delivered pizzas, but I worked at our Pizza Factory while I was in community college. I typically worked my MWF since I had class T/Th, and I worked the morning shift with the lunch rush. We offered a few lunch combos with salads and pizza by the slice. My main job was making pizzas to go in the warmer for the by the slice orders. I knew that 5-6 pizzas usually got us through the rush just fine, but I'd always make a 7th, and at the end of my shift since it'd just been sitting in the warmer I'd get to take it home :fuckyeah: :fatty:
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

dubshow wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:09 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:58 pm

I like pineapple on pizza.
good. having it with bacon is even better.
I love bacon, those people from my country can eat my shorts.
Last edited by MexicanYarisTK on Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

[user not found] wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:06 pm
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:06 pm

I love bacon, those people from my country can eat my shorts.
Hopefully your shorts are made of bacon.
I am :aintcare: about that, their problem, not mine
Calvinball
Drives: Pumpkin, Hellcat edition

Pizza is on the menu this week, I think I’ll have to do pineapple and bacon now.

Trader Joe’s dough ftw. It’s cheap and convenient, and turns out pretty nicely.

Sent from the Beer Depository
:therapist:
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:05 pm
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:01 pm

My first job was actually delivering for Dominos, just right before I got my :turboyaris: Dominos certainly make their pizza greasy and good, and I love their parmesan balls or pretzels (w/e they serve at the time), now its pretzels, when i worked it's balls and they are just fire. I haven't ordered papa johns for couple years now, but moreso on Dominos. Papa doesn't fill you up or make you have a food baby as opposed to Dominos and it's pretty good, but im biased on dominos :lol:
I never delivered pizzas, but I worked at our Pizza Factory while I was in community college. I typically worked my MWF since I had class T/Th, and I worked the morning shift with the lunch rush. We offered a few lunch combos with salads and pizza by the slice. My main job was making pizzas to go in the warmer for the by the slice orders. I knew that 5-6 pizzas usually got us through the rush just fine, but I'd always make a 7th, and at the end of my shift since it'd just been sitting in the warmer I'd get to take it home :fuckyeah: :fatty:
nice :notbad: i worked with couple of guys that I went to high school with and they worked inside. It was great for me and my class schedule, cause I can go to class in the mornings and work in the afternoon/nights. But had to work almost every friday/saturday night doe.

I had countless nights taking pizza home. Some nights when I forget the pizza bag, and I open the door before I head to school, the smell just hits my face as if someone was smoking loud in the car.
Last edited by MexicanYarisTK on Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:14 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

SAWCE wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:03 pm
troyguitar wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:45 pm :wrong:

There's nothing at all inherently superior about an individual restaurant. In fact, they're less likely to be competitive on price and consistency.
Yeah the smaller places out here are way more expensive than the big chains. Do I want a $7 large from PJ, or a $22 large from Pizza Port? $7 wins 9/10.
I'll generally go for quality over a cheap PJ or Dominos pizza any day. Although $22 for a large is pretty steep. For a large at local places around me it's between $14-16.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

[user not found] wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:11 pm I worked at a pizza place in college. It was :notbad:
it was a great job for college, but wouldn't do it now.
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

[user not found] wrote:

There's nothing at all inherently superior about an individual restaurant. In fact, they're less likely to be competitive on price and consistency.
I know you love your $5 Hot 'n Ready, but price is not the end all be all.
I buy the $8 deep dish :bruh: and it's not the best but the best widely available option for the money.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

troyguitar wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:30 pm I saw that our Aldi has a frozen Chicago Casserole option. I plan to try it soon, I think it might be the best pizza option within 100 miles of here. :eeyore:
Aldi's pizza's are the best frozen ones by far. Some even come with breadsticks along with marinara. My closest Aldi is only 2 miles.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

wap wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:20 pm :hai:
Chicago Deep Dish snob checking in.
Sausage, mushrooms, tomato slices. Spinach is also allowed.
:micdrop:
I actually tried deep dish at a pizza restaurant in Turkey a couple of times, they're 5/7. I also had a free deepdish at dominos as well.
I ate the one on the 2nd pic and has melted cheese right under it.
https://foursquare.com/v/pizza-days/4d3 ... 5dbf6b4681
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

[user not found] wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:39 pm I pretty much live in the pizza capital of the world here - chain pizza usually doesn't compete with the local pizzerias.
well duh. gratzi to the Italians.
I would like to thank them for serving pizzas, women, Alfa Romeo's, Lamborghini's, Ferrari's, and Fix it Again Tony's, amen.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

I'm also replying everyone individually, because #PostCountMatters
Irish
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '12 GIT (190K!)- 2011 Outie A5

I delivered pizza for Local joint in Maywood NJ in my early 20's.....made good bank.... they had :povertytruck: delivery vehicles Chevy luvs, Mazda B2000's, base Ferd Rangers

Fun Fact: One of the owners was a NHRA Pro Stock Drag Bike Champion in 1989 ... Pizza John Mafaro...he also built a killer 68 Camaro.....

Irish

:dat:

I will take real italian local pizzeria over the cheap chains any day of the week...... Although I do occasionally order dominos, pizza slut or poppaJ's, I am usually :disappoint:
Irish

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:20 pm
[user not found] wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:39 pm I pretty much live in the pizza capital of the world here - chain pizza usually doesn't compete with the local pizzerias.
well duh. gratzi to the Italians.
I would like to thank them for serving pizzas, women, Alfa Romeo's, Lamborghini's, Ferrari's, and Fix it Again Tony's, amen.
:lol: :notbad:
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

Irish wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:40 pm

:dat:

I will take real italian local pizzeria over the cheap chains any day of the week...... Although I do occasionally order dominos, pizza slut or poppaJ's, I am usually :disappoint:
:dat: Local places with a guy who only speaks Italian flipping dough are the best. 5/7 will :troywax: for one over a chain.

#smallbusinessmatters
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

SAWCE wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:27 pm
wap wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:20 pm :hai:
Chicago Deep Dish snob checking in.
Sausage, mushrooms, tomato slices. Spinach is also allowed.
:micdrop:
I'm sure we missed good local spots, but the few deep dish places we went to in Chicago were just okay. Flavor is fine, but I just don't want that much :sawce: on my pizza.

There's a Chicago-style pizza place out here that I've heard a few Chicago transplants highly recommend, so I'll check that out one day and see if it's any better than what I had in Chicago.
Do you remember where you went?
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:15 pm
troyguitar wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:30 pm I saw that our Aldi has a frozen Chicago Casserole option. I plan to try it soon, I think it might be the best pizza option within 100 miles of here. :eeyore:
Aldi's pizza's are the best frozen ones by far. Some even come with breadsticks along with marinara. My closest Aldi is only 2 miles.
Yea Aldi frozen pizzas are pretty good, and the take-and-bake ones are a good :scrooge: option, too.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

wap wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:07 pm
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:15 pm

Yea Aldi frozen pizzas are pretty good, and the take-and-bake ones are a good :scrooge: option, too.
I'll keep that in mind when I get back.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

dubshow wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:53 pm Image

:aintcare: :aintcare: :aintcare: :aintcare: :aintcare: :aintcare: :aintcare: :aintcare: :aintcare: :aintcare: :aintcare: :aintcare: :aintcare: :aintcare:
Oh, you bastard. That looks amazing.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

:notbad: in4results. The $1.99 frozen pizzas they have there are pretty OK. Definitely not "good pizza" but they work if you just need some :drunk: food or something.

I usually get 'Za Hut or Dominoes :hides:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Calvinball wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:07 pm Pizza is on the menu this week, I think I’ll have to do pineapple and bacon now.

You guys all have me wanting to try Trader Joe's dough now.

Also... this thread needs moar powl.
troyguitar

D Griff wrote:
Calvinball wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:07 pm Pizza is on the menu this week, I think I’ll have to do pineapple and bacon now.

You guys all have me wanting to try Trader Joe's dough now.

Also... this thread needs moar powl.
No trader Joe's within an hour of here. :sad:

We don't even have Domino's let alone le petit caesar. :thanksobama:

There is a Pizza the Hutt :doe:
troyguitar

We do have 3 independent pizza joints here and... They are not better than chains. Being independent doesn't make you good, it just means that you don't have enough desire OR money to open up more locations.