Audiophiles Unite

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

For the :fax: man, king of all things audio.

http://www.brentbutterworth.com/bluetoo ... -test.html
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

troyguitar wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:57 pm For the :fax: man, king of all things audio.

They all sound the same.
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Then again, I was listening to them on my motorcycle.

:trollface:
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

troyguitar wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:57 pm For the :fax: man, king of all things audio.

all sound the same through my bluetooth headphones.

brain go brrrrrr
troyguitar

You guys are the best at music. Tremendous.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

troyguitar wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:13 pm You guys are the best at music. Tremendous.
What did you expect?

troyguitar

Melon wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:39 pm
troyguitar wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:13 pm You guys are the best at music. Tremendous.
What did you expect?

Oh that's exactly what I expected. Dat "I'm a PROFESSIONAL ENGINEER! Therefore I know everything about anything remotely technical!" :fax:
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

I think I'm gonna buy a pair of the Sonys that were linked earlier for home listening. I need to replace my Jaybirds for the gym too. I'll work one into my budget next month, and one in May. Probably get the Jaybirds first, cause the cheap wired heaphones I bought to tide me over in the gym have been making me :rage: lately.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

troyguitar wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:01 pm
Melon wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:39 pm

What did you expect?

Oh that's exactly what I expected. Dat "I'm a PROFESSIONAL ENGINEER! Therefore I know everything about anything remotely technical!" :fax:
well, i do :fax:
brain go brrrrrr
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

SAWCE wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:24 pm I think I'm gonna buy a pair of the Sonys that were linked earlier for home listening. I need to replace my Jaybirds for the gym too. I'll work one into my budget next month, and one in May. Probably get the Jaybirds first, cause the cheap wired heaphones I bought to tide me over in the gym have been making me :rage: lately.
I have a pair of Sony headphones I really enjoy. Have had them for almost 10 years now, they still sound great.
SAWCE

Melon wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:28 pm
SAWCE wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:24 pm I think I'm gonna buy a pair of the Sonys that were linked earlier for home listening. I need to replace my Jaybirds for the gym too. I'll work one into my budget next month, and one in May. Probably get the Jaybirds first, cause the cheap wired heaphones I bought to tide me over in the gym have been making me :rage: lately.
I have a pair of Sony headphones I really enjoy. Have had them for almost 10 years now, they still sound great.
The Sony's are $10 off on Amazon right now, so $90 total. Tempting to just grab those now.
troyguitar

Don't get closed shit for home IMO. The biggest reason for closed phones is noise reduction/isolation which you shouldn't need at home, secondary reason is for super tight low bass response. What kind of music do you listen to primarily? If it's not EDM I'd for sure skip the closed stuff.
SAWCE

troyguitar wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:37 pm
Don't get closed shit for home IMO. The biggest reason for closed phones is noise reduction/isolation which you shouldn't need at home, secondary reason is for super tight low bass response. What kind of music do you listen to primarily? If it's not EDM I'd for sure skip the closed stuff.
:word: thanks for the tip. I'll go open back(?) then.. Mostly listen to various types of rock. Just want something nice to plug into my receiver and chill on the couch and spin a record without waking up my roommate.
troyguitar

If they were still on super sale I'd recommend my sennheiser's (HD 598 SE) unconditionally, but they're a lot more money now than they were when I got mine. At the current $156 :doe: I'm :notsure:

I'd probably try something from AKG or Audio-Technica in the <$100 range if I were buying today. K240's seem pretty nice.
SAWCE

troyguitar wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:46 pm If they were still on super sale I'd recommend my sennheiser's (HD 598 SE) unconditionally, but they're a lot more money now than they were when I got mine. At the current $156 :doe: I'm :notsure:

I'd probably try something from AKG or Audio-Technica in the <$100 range if I were buying today. K240's seem pretty nice.
Thanks man. Since I'm not in a rush I'll keep an eye out for those Sennheiser's to go on sale.
troyguitar

Not that I have owned either, but of current offerings I'd probably toss a coin between the AKG K240 and Audio-Technica AD500X.

It's kind of hard to go wrong in that price bracket (at least from the better brands) if you're used to cheap shit :doe: since damn near everything should be :mindblown: in comparison. My favorite headphones I ever tried for music listening were Grado SR225i's but they were too :waxer: at the time and I didn't find them particularly comfortable anyway. Their new stuff might be worth a shot, looks like the SR80e is $99 and sounds promising.

https://www.amazon.com/Grado-SR80e-Pres ... 7WV94PSABC

They are also one of the few lower-priced higher-end options that are made outside of Asia - Grado stuff is made in Brooklyn. Very hip! They're "on-ear" rather than "over-the-ear" :doe: which I found uncomfortable, so YMMV.
Jaxper
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: MK7 GTI

@sawce, these were recommended to me by several people on the r/headphones subreddit for open-back headphones for gaming (after adding a mic), saying they're arguably the best headphones at the price point. Might be worth checking out too.
The panda hath arrived.