What is your current car lust?

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

it looks like the 1.5t has now manual, even on ex-t!

https://www.fairfaxhonda.com/inventory. ... eNumValXS=
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

MexicanYarisTK wrote:
troyguitar wrote::manuel: ?
not sure on that one in particular, but manual exists!! dat center exhaust doe.
https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/deta ... /overview/
Oh cool.

Last time I looked there was not a single civic of any kind with :manuel: in a 3 hour radius of me. Looks like they might finally be hitting the ground.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

troyguitar wrote:
MexicanYarisTK wrote:
not sure on that one in particular, but manual exists!! dat center exhaust doe.
https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/deta ... /overview/
Oh cool.

Last time I looked there was not a single civic of any kind with :manuel: in a 3 hour radius of me. Looks like they might finally be hitting the ground.
Come to northern VA and get one, we don't mark up on prices like we do in commifornia.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
KiaGiver
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: 2017 Subaru STi / Vapemachine

I want this STi to get the fuck over here already.
I like rumbles, vape juice and mudflaps :gay:

Need Modz? Hit me up!
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

I'd take RS over .:R
STI over both. But mostly because I don't trust either of the others to be durable. The R is a VW. The RS is a $16k Ferd econobox with a slapped on undersized rear diff and a Mustang engine, what could possibly go wrong?

The STI is built off an chassis specifically designed for AWD, with an engine and gearbox that has been around for 10 years. So it's a bit slower and doesn't have MySync3 or what have you, but that only matters if you care about it.
Johnny_P

KiaGiver wrote:I want this STi to get the fuck over here already.
in4pics
troyguitar

MexicanYarisTK wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Oh cool.

Come to northern VA and get one, we don't mark up on prices like we do in commifornia.
I already have a 180 hp :manuel: hatchback :doe:

Max and johnny should check them out since they need cars. $22k for those seems hard to beat.
KiaGiver
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: 2017 Subaru STi / Vapemachine

Johnny_P wrote:
in4pics
Did you order yours yet? What color did you get?
I like rumbles, vape juice and mudflaps :gay:

Need Modz? Hit me up!
Johnny_P

KiaGiver wrote:
Johnny_P wrote: in4pics
Did you order yours yet? What color did you get?
I did not :sad:
One thing after another, no time for an entire day of :dillerman:
I should email that dillerbreh doe. See if he can locate a blue one for me. I'm like a swing state but I think I'm swinging blue.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

you jumped the BMW ship?

Here's an advice, STI has turn signals. I hope it won't be that hard to get used to

:trollface:
Johnny_P

troyguitar wrote:
MexicanYarisTK wrote:
I already have a 180 hp :manuel: hatchback :doe:

Max and johnny should check them out since they need cars. $22k for those seems hard to beat.
Recent TTAC article on the :manuel: civic hatch made it sound totally appliance like. No, the way to Civic is and always has been Si. And that gets revealed next week.
Johnny_P

MexicanYarisTK wrote:
you jumped the BMW ship?

Here's an advice, STI has turn signals. I hope it won't be that hard to get used to

They do the 3 blink VW thing now too. Recent change.
Calvinball
Drives: Pumpkin, Hellcat edition

MexicanYarisTK wrote:
you jumped the BMW ship?

:lol:
:therapist:
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Johnny_P wrote:I'd take RS over .:R
STI over both. But mostly because I don't trust either of the others to be durable. The R is a VW. The RS is a $16k Ferd econobox with a slapped on undersized rear diff and a Mustang engine, what could possibly go wrong?

The STI is built off an chassis specifically designed for AWD, with an engine and gearbox that has been around for 10 years. So it's a bit slower and doesn't have MySync3 or what have you, but that only matters if you care about it.
:bruh:

They are all hopped up econoboxes ... and I don't see how an sti is going to be the most durable. I haven't seen one without headgaskets or engine rebuilt past 100k miles. But none of us will own it that long and the sti will likely make it with the least issues till then before poppig the motor
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Johnny_P wrote:
MexicanYarisTK wrote:
you jumped the BMW ship?

Most cars do this now. My truck, the Volt, all do it. I love it.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Johnny_P

Johnny_P wrote:
troyguitar wrote: I already have a 180 hp :manuel: hatchback :doe:

Recent TTAC article on the :manuel: civic hatch made it sound totally appliance like. No, the way to Civic is and always has been Si. And that gets revealed next week.
Or just a base poverty LX manual 2.0 if you don't want the Si. Sounds like the 2.0 is a pretty sweet little engine. Makes good noises in the reviews I've found, and is typical Honda of drive around at 4k RPM all the time, wind it out to get power. Sounds fun. And it's a K series so should be overall pretty reliable in the long haul.
ChrisoftheNorth

But that means I usually don't hold the signal long enough in the :poorvette: Ah well, douche status achieved.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote:

Man the si will look like the rich mexican high school kids car then lol. I'll take the 9th gen with the good ol NA engine. I have had a glorified honda with a different K24 series engine with roughly the same redline, hp and torque.
troyguitar

Johnny_P wrote:

No hatch on the Si plus it's more money. :iono: it can't be any less exciting than a GTI.
Johnny_P

maxtdi wrote:

They are all hopped up econoboxes ... and I don't see how an sti is going to be the most durable. I haven't seen one without headgaskets or engine rebuilt past 100k miles. But none of us will own it that long and the sti will likely make it with the least issues till then before poppig the motor
That. I wouldn't own the STI past 50-60k if I bought it. Hardly anything should go wrong in that timeframe. Subarus start to have nagging problems at 100k, they're turdboxes by 150k.
I'd expect the others to have problems starting at like 25k lol.
ChrisoftheNorth

maxtdi wrote:

Yea, the engine is the weak point in the STI. In the others, it's the rest of the car. :lolol:
Johnny_P

MexicanYarisTK wrote:
Johnny_P wrote: Recent TTAC article on the :manuel: civic hatch made it sound totally appliance like. No, the way to Civic is and always has been Si. And that gets revealed next week.
Man the si will look like the rich mexican high school kids car then lol. I'll take the 9th gen with the good ol NA engine. I have had a glorified honda with a different K24 series engine with roughly the same redline, hp and torque.
DEPORT IT ON DAY 1
ChrisoftheNorth

Johnny_P wrote:
MexicanYarisTK wrote:
DEPORT IT ON DAY 1
BUILD THE WALL NAOOO
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote:
MexicanYarisTK wrote:
you jumped the BMW ship?

lot of cars too. I remember when I test drove Chrysler 300 (which was before I got on GTI kool aid) has that too. My dad's explorer sport has it, but keep the stalk longer to actually make it 3x
Johnny_P

Detroit wrote:
maxtdi wrote:

Yea, the engine is the weak point in the STI. In the others, it's the rest of the car. :lolol:
Yeah. However, if you leave it stock it shouldn't really have a problem for the first owner.

I'm really really :notsure: about that RS rear diff. It's soooo small. And reports of overheating already :disgust: