OT XXX: COVID Off Topic

Want to pledge allegiance to the Drumpf? Clash with Caspian? Scared of the stickers on your mailbox? Let's hear it.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

The fact that people are seeking it out again is at least some small level of win.
Acid666
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 02 Z06/95 Meowta/05 SilveraDOE

I need to look at the 3rd shot and see what the eligibility is. Guy across from my office just got hit with a positive test. We're requiring masks in common areas of the office, which ain't much, we're a small office space.
Acid666
Drives: 02 Z06/95 Meowta/05 SilveraDOE

For reference, Our Lady of Lourdes was the hospital we went to Saturday morning when my wife needed to go to the ER.
And she works as a medical biller for Acadiana Ambulance.
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

coogles wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 9:49 am https://www.indystar.com/story/news/hea ... 167488002/
Of the 766 people admitted to an Indiana hospital in the first week of August, 758 were unvaccinated, according to the Indiana Hospital Association. Of these, the 137 who required intensive care were all unvaccinated.
:thisisfine: :doomed:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
wap

Vaxxed co worker just came down with a breakthrough case of the Vid. Fortunately for the rest of us in the office, he got it while out of town on vacation with his familly (his vaxxed wife got it, too) and he's been working remote while he gets over it. He doesn't feel too bad, just has a persistent cough and he lost his sense of smell. Pretty much the same story for his wife, but she's feeling more run down. All in all, I think he'd say the vaccine helped to keep this from being worse.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Wonder how long they will call vaxxed transmission "breakthrough"?
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

My MIL got an antibody infusion this afternoon, supposedly she was feeling a bit better this morning but her cough is getting worse. O2 levels are down to 93% from ~95 yesterday. Not great news. The docs say the antibodies should start to help after 24 hours or so if they're going to. Definitely scared for her, even if my FIL still thinks the idea that he had/has COVID is entirely :fakenews: Dude is still coughing like crazy, but no way he could have it. :facepalm:

Oh, and to top off this whole saga, my SIL moved in with her parents with her 6 month old this past weekend because she just got a job in Fort Wayne. She's supposed to start teaching kindergarten on Monday and while her first COVID test came back negative, she won't be out of the recommended quarantine period by Monday and is planning to go in anyway. If she ends up spreading COVID to a bunch of 5 and 6 year-olds she's at minimum fired, and could likely lose her teaching license. No idea how my wife ended up a reasonable person.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

coogles wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 6:42 pm My MIL got an antibody infusion this afternoon, supposedly she was feeling a bit better this morning but her cough is getting worse. O2 levels are down to 93% from ~95 yesterday. Not great news. The docs say the antibodies should start to help after 24 hours or so if they're going to. Definitely scared for her, even if my FIL still thinks the idea that he had/has COVID is entirely :fakenews: Dude is still coughing like crazy, but no way he could have it. :facepalm:

Oh, and to top off this whole saga, my SIL moved in with her parents with her 6 month old this past weekend because she just got a job in Fort Wayne. She's supposed to start teaching kindergarten on Monday and while her first COVID test came back negative, she won't be out of the recommended quarantine period by Monday and is planning to go in anyway. If she ends up spreading COVID to a bunch of 5 and 6 year-olds she's at minimum fired, and could likely lose her teaching license. No idea how my wife ended up a reasonable person.
:wtf:
That's incredibly negligent, wow!
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Tarspin wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 6:52 pm :wtf:
It's next-level stupidity. Not really my place to speak up, though. :ohwell:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

coogles wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 7:04 pm
Tarspin wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 6:52 pm :wtf:
It's next-level stupidity. Not really my place to speak up, though. :ohwell:
Yeah I'd do the same. I share a lot of my dumb thoughts here, and in person with my wife but keep them to myself in the general public. The world is an imperfect place, me :rage: about it won't change things.
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

Ugh, 8 hrs post shot and I'm already feeling the onset of flu symptoms. :doomed:
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

troyguitar wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 9:22 pm Ugh, 8 hrs post shot and I'm already feeling the onset of flu symptoms. :doomed:
:pouroneout:
wap

Tarspin wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 6:52 pm
coogles wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 6:42 pm My MIL got an antibody infusion this afternoon, supposedly she was feeling a bit better this morning but her cough is getting worse. O2 levels are down to 93% from ~95 yesterday. Not great news. The docs say the antibodies should start to help after 24 hours or so if they're going to. Definitely scared for her, even if my FIL still thinks the idea that he had/has COVID is entirely :fakenews: Dude is still coughing like crazy, but no way he could have it. :facepalm:

:wtf:
:dat:
It's :fullretard:
wap

troyguitar wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 9:22 pm Ugh, 8 hrs post shot and I'm already feeling the onset of flu symptoms. :doomed:
How does it compare to the 2nd jab?
troyguitar

wap wrote:
Feels about the same from what I remember.
wap

troyguitar wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 11:22 pm
wap wrote:
Feels about the same from what I remember.
:word:

So it should be over soon, then?
Desertbreh

:impressive:
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
troyguitar

wap wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 11:22 pm Feels about the same from what I remember.
:word:

So it should be over soon, then?
I was more like 2-3 days of :disgust:

:doomed:
troyguitar

Precisely zero sleep last night, plus major headache and resting heart rate is up to 80-90 instead of my normal 50-60. Pretty much the same as last time, but I think I did sleep some back then.

:notsure: the sleep is related :doe: since I have not slept for a full night in 20+ years.
wap

:thisisfine:
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

TBH I am probably not going to do a booster shot unless the situation gets really bad. Even with my vaccinations I’m still wearing a mask and distancing and etc.

Plus, if the booster is due I’d only be due sometime next year according to the cdc timeline.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

I think about this almost daily. My in-laws would be the same way, they 100% think COVID, masks, vaccines, etc. are all fake. They also fly 'rebel flags' which they claim have absolutely nothing to do with race. They think the 2020 election was rigged... I just can't even. Fortunately my wife feels the same way I do about everything, so we just keep things pretty minimal with her fam.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 11:56 am I think about this almost daily. My in-laws would be the same way, they 100% think COVID, masks, vaccines, etc. are all fake. They also fly 'rebel flags' which they claim have absolutely nothing to do with race. They think the 2020 election was rigged... I just can't even. Fortunately my wife feels the same way I do about everything, so we just keep things pretty minimal with her fam.
It's kind of amazing. Plus, we started dating at 17 years old and were both much more aligned to our very conservative parents back then, but we went off to college together and our world views matured together. It's a bit remarkable that they evolved in a pretty similar way. We love our families, we just find it best to avoid conversations about anything related to politics or, when conversations do devolve into that realm, just keep our damn mouths shut.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

coogles wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 12:55 pm
D Griff wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 11:56 am I think about this almost daily. My in-laws would be the same way, they 100% think COVID, masks, vaccines, etc. are all fake. They also fly 'rebel flags' which they claim have absolutely nothing to do with race. They think the 2020 election was rigged... I just can't even. Fortunately my wife feels the same way I do about everything, so we just keep things pretty minimal with her fam.
It's kind of amazing. Plus, we started dating at 17 years old and were both much more aligned to our very conservative parents back then, but we went off to college together and our world views matured together. It's a bit remarkable that they evolved in a pretty similar way. We love our families, we just find it best to avoid conversations about anything related to politics or, when conversations do devolve into that realm, just keep our damn mouths shut.
I was pretty conservative in my earlier years as well, K-12 Catholic School and whatnot, I often think I am odd for getting more and more progressive as I've been older and less poor, but :iono:

Funny enough my parents have gotten a bit more progressive as well (my mom at least), the wife's family is just 100% rural American in every stereotypical way you could imagine. She is the lone person that is extremely different from all of them.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 2:36 pm
coogles wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 12:55 pm

I was pretty conservative in my earlier years as well, K-12 Catholic School and whatnot, I often think I am odd for getting more and more progressive as I've been older and less poor, but :iono:

Funny enough my parents have gotten a bit more progressive as well (my mom at least), the wife's family is just 100% rural American in every stereotypical way you could imagine. She is the lone person that is extremely different from all of them.
:mahman: I didn't go to Catholic school, but I was baptized and confirmed Catholic. I was even an alter boy, believe it or not. And no, I was never molested by a priest. At least, not that I remember. :lol:

I don't know if getting more progressive as you age is really odd or not. All of my cousins on my dad's side were born in the same town and most of us have moved that direction, even though all of our parents are very much on the political right. It's always pretty funny when my parents and aunts and uncles get going on political shit at family gatherings and we're always giving each other side eye and not saying anything at all. " :yeahok: , boomers."
Last edited by coogles on Thu Aug 19, 2021 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.