Talk British to me: All things MINI

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

fledonfoot wrote:
Apex wrote: Probably some residual stuff from the ejecto-seato cuz incident. :disappoint:
Doubtful. Car drove perfectly fine for the better part of 5k miles in 7-8 months with no issues until they worked in the LF corner. After we got it back it started with the clunk. It was driven ~3-400 miles while the clunk got worse with what turned out to be a loose strut and mount from the first visit, plus the cowl and drain.
:disappoint: Hope they can get it sorted doe.
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Taco Truk | Power Wheels Heep

Apex wrote:
fledonfoot wrote:
Doubtful. Car drove perfectly fine for the better part of 5k miles in 7-8 months with no issues until they worked in the LF corner. After we got it back it started with the clunk. It was driven ~3-400 miles while the clunk got worse with what turned out to be a loose strut and mount from the first visit, plus the cowl and drain.
:disappoint: Hope they can get it sorted doe.
Yep, me too.

Loaner has the arm rest. Man, that thing really closes up the interior and makes it feel smaller.
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

[user not found] wrote:
fledonfoot wrote:
Yep, me too.

Loaner has the arm rest. Man, that thing really closes up the interior and makes it feel smaller.
Armrest blows with a stick but is fine with the auto.

Also, just bring the car to Princeton.
Jesus, you told me to stick with Mt Laurel the other day :rage:

I'm going to let them do whatever they want to do for as long as they want to do it. They're probably aware it's a multiple comeback with several days out of service so far. When they call me and tell me it's done, I'll pick it up. I'll know by the time I get it home that it's fixed or not, especially about 500ft from my driveway where it makes the noise on command.

If it isn't, it's going to Princeton. I don't want to deal with any Lemon bullshit. I just want it fixed, but I think it's going to need a fresh set of eyes on it.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

This is just completely :disgust:
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Wife called. Noise happened twice on the drive home, apparently.

Looks like I'm driving this for a couple of days and it's going back in next Monday over there.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

fledonfoot wrote:Wife called. Noise happened twice on the drive home, apparently.

Looks like I'm driving this for a couple of days and it's going back in next Monday over there.
:rage:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Apex

:(
Apex

[user not found] wrote:
maxtdi wrote:This is just completely :disgust:
If the ejecto-seat-cuz didn't happen I'd probably be able to get him out of the car.

But nope. :(
Who fixed the car after ejecto-seato-cuz?
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

Apex wrote:
[user not found] wrote:
If the ejecto-seat-cuz didn't happen I'd probably be able to get him out of the car.

But nope. :(
Who fixed the car after ejecto-seato-cuz?
:dillerman:
Apex

[user not found] wrote:
troyguitar wrote: :dillerman:
Fled's own bodyshop.
Ouch.
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

It's the bad carfax that hammers the trade value. Well, that and trade values/residuals.

The repairs from the accident are solid, and this didn't start until six months later after the Mini diller went digging around in the LF corner for a rubbing noise and pulled the strut for whatever reason.

Service advisor at the Mini diller assured me "the car has full warranty coverage and I assure you that whatever this is, it's going to be covered under warranty."

I don't really want out of the car - it'd be replaced with pretty much the same thing, plus maybe the HK stereo.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

fledonfoot wrote:It's the bad carfax that hammers the trade value. Well, that and trade values/residuals.

The repairs from the accident are solid, and this didn't start until six months later after the Mini diller went digging around in the LF corner for a rubbing noise and pulled the strut for whatever reason.

Service advisor at the Mini diller assured me "the car has full warranty coverage and I assure you that whatever this is, it's going to be covered under warranty."

I don't really want out of the car - it'd be replaced with pretty much the same thing, plus maybe the HK stereo.
Knocking and stuff like that sounds like a loose bolt somewhere, like the McStrut spindle pinch bolt or something. Broken or loose sway bar end link. That sort of thing.

Man, fucking ridiculous that they can't seem to fix it though. I'd probably tear into it myself at this point just to check everything is tight.
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote:
fledonfoot wrote:It's the bad carfax that hammers the trade value. Well, that and trade values/residuals.

Knocking and stuff like that sounds like a loose bolt somewhere, like the McStrut spindle pinch bolt or something. Broken or loose sway bar end link. That sort of thing.

Man, fucking ridiculous that they can't seem to fix it though. I'd probably tear into it myself at this point just to check everything is tight.
I took it out for a hammering tonight. Car feels noticeably different with the new control arms and fresh alignment. When I drove the loaner over the weekend I knew something was off with the steering after the last couple of visits. That's fixed.

So far I haven't heard the hard metal on metal bang noise that would happen, but there's still a noticeable suspension thump/clunk that's there. It's an improvement.

I'm going to drive it some more and see what I can come up with. I already looked it over at my shop a month or so ago and everything I could check was tight.
Johnny_P

fledonfoot wrote:
Johnny_P wrote: Knocking and stuff like that sounds like a loose bolt somewhere, like the McStrut spindle pinch bolt or something. Broken or loose sway bar end link. That sort of thing.

I took it out for a hammering tonight. Car feels noticeably different with the new control arms and fresh alignment. When I drove the loaner over the weekend I knew something was off with the steering after the last couple of visits. That's fixed.

So far I haven't heard the hard metal on metal bang noise that would happen, but there's still a noticeable suspension thump/clunk that's there. It's an improvement.

I'm going to drive it some more and see what I can come up with. I already looked it over at my shop a month or so ago and everything I could check was tight.
The fact that a 2015 car needed new control arms is :facepalm:
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote:
fledonfoot wrote:

Allegedly there was a TSB for control arm bushings in the early F56 models for noise, so that was what they went with for this repair. From what I can tell, noise with a metal sleeve in them. New bushings are apparently a production change item.

The bushings were special order. When they went to do the job on Monday, they had to pull the control arms, press out and replace the bushings and reinstall.

They broke one control arm removing the rear bushing in the press and bent the other arm. New control arms and hardware were ordered and were overnighted.
Johnny_P

Early model year stuff :disappoint:

As long as they actually fix it.... NBD.
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

[user not found] wrote:
Johnny_P wrote: Knocking and stuff like that sounds like a loose bolt somewhere, like the McStrut spindle pinch bolt or something. Broken or loose sway bar end link. That sort of thing.

Probably because the shop is full of fresh b-grade techs who know how to follow the steps in DCS or PUMA for TSBs but can't troubleshoot without a guide.
At least they can hire fresh b grade techs. I haven't seen one of those in months.
max225

Johnny_P wrote:
fledonfoot wrote:

Happy motoring :lol:
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

[user not found] wrote::rolleyes:

Shit happens, that's what TSBs are for.
:dat:
Johnny_P

[user not found] wrote:New Countryman configurator is live: http://www.miniusa.com/content/miniusa/ ... build.html
S
All4
Island blue
Rear wing :jimp:
8AT with :stig: paddles (fucking paddles are a $500 adder wtf)
Dynamic dampers
Harman Kardon sound system

$35,950. 189 HP. :disappoint:
Apex

Johnny_P wrote:
[user not found] wrote:New Countryman configurator is live: http://www.miniusa.com/content/miniusa/ ... build.html
S
All4
Island blue
Dynamic dampers

:thanksbmw:
Apex

I like the new CM styling. Would CM over a new Clubby I think.
Apex

[user not found] wrote:
Apex wrote:I like the new CM styling. Would CM over a new Clubby I think.
I would too.

Countryman S All4, :manuel: , BRG, white roof, white stripes, no sunroof, JCW interior with cloth seats, convenience package w/spare tire, Piano black interior trim, and H/K sound. $35400

That's pretty reasonable I think, horsepower put aside. This should really be a nice car.
You can sunroof delete? I may have missed that in the configurator last night, since the panoramic sunroof seems standard on the S All4's.

Any idea on how they'll lease?
Apex

[user not found] wrote:
Apex wrote: You can sunroof delete? I may have missed that in the configurator last night, since the panoramic sunroof seems standard on the S All4's.

Any idea on how they'll lease?
I have the programs sitting in front of me now - nothing crazy as far as lease rates go, but the residuals are on par with everything else in the lineup. Oddly, the Countryman All4 has a higher 36mo. residual than the Countryman S All4, but then it swings the other way for a 42/48 mo.
Interesting.
max225

Johnny_P wrote:
S
All4
Island blue
Dynamic dampers

Or you could just lease an X1 for dirt cheap. Same car better badge. I liked how the X1 drove and it has a lot of interior space