JP’s Family Truckster

Strut your greasy stuff!
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 10:43 am
Detroit wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 8:16 am
I wonder if the CR-V has a heat pump or if engine coolant is the sole heat source?
Coolant only, unless you count the heated seats and wheel but baby doesn’t have a heated seat so…

It even decouples the generator when it’s warming up so it’s not like it’s even charging the tiny battery. Normal cars warm up a lot faster than this does because of the acceleration loads, and when stopped they return to idle, where this you can clearly hear is running somewhere around 2k but only generating heat not power. After it warms up the battery is almost depleted.
Oh wow, :disgust:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

D Griff wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 11:33 am
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 11:19 am

Honestly just insulating the door and walls will do tons to help keep it warm, and help your house too.

Yes. Well, at least the heater. The ac in my car uses almost no power once the cabin is cooled, and that happens pretty quickly.
You have a Volt, right?

How has that been?
I do.

Its perfect as an appliance commuter pod. An inspiring drive it is not. Its not awful, but it is what it is and is unapologetic. Its hilariously cheap to run too. Maybe 20 bucks a month on electricity? I've had it a year and a half and am only on my..3rd? tank of gas of which I still have half of. I basically only use the engine on longer trips or if I am towing the trailer more than a few miles.

Yes, I tow shit with the Volt. :aintcare:

This thing really is the car everyone needs and no one wants, strictly from a drivetrain and usability standpoint. The gas engine could probably be smaller and it would work fine too, and i bet that would have occurred if GM did another iteration. But alas, electric is the new god and there is no room for range extended electric cars in the market, apparently.
brain go brrrrrr
ChrisoftheNorth

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 12:05 pm
D Griff wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 11:33 am

You have a Volt, right?

How has that been?
I do.

Its perfect as an appliance commuter pod. An inspiring drive it is not. Its not awful, but it is what it is and is unapologetic. Its hilariously cheap to run too. Maybe 20 bucks a month on electricity? I've had it a year and a half and am only on my..3rd? tank of gas of which I still have half of. I basically only use the engine on longer trips or if I am towing the trailer more than a few miles.

This thing really is the car everyone needs and no one wants, strictly from a drivetrain and usability standpoint. The gas engine could probably be smaller and it would work fine too, and i bet that would have occurred if GM did another iteration. But alas, electric is the new god and there is no room for range extended electric cars in the market, apparently.
Did you end up with a gen 2 Volt?

I really REALLY liked ours. If it was just had a bit more space in the back, it probably would have stuck around longer. My take on it mirrors yours.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Detroit wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 2:24 pm

I do.

I really REALLY liked ours. If it was just had a bit more space in the back, it probably would have stuck around longer. My take on it mirrors yours.
I did. went and drove on your recommendation as one of my last acts before the great :nope: ing out of 2020. I liked it enough to buy obviously.
brain go brrrrrr
ChrisoftheNorth

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 2:48 pm

I did. went and drove on your recommendation as one of my last acts before the great :nope: ing out of 2020. I liked it enough to buy obviously.
Nice! Glad it's been good enough to stick around for a while.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Detroit wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 2:59 pm
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 2:48 pm

Nice! Glad it's been good enough to stick around for a while.
I, generally speaking, am not :plac: I keep my cars for a spell. Hell I had the gti for like 6 or 7 years
brain go brrrrrr
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

I do.

:idbu:
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 8:20 am

:notwrong:
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Detroit wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 8:23 am
D Griff wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 8:20 am

:lolol:

A timeline of Detroit & Michelle car ownership.

Step 1: research/settle for a car due to circumstances
Step 2: woah this car is actually pretty sweet in X y z ways
Step 3: :tits: says this is the best car ever! She even named it *insert some cutesy dumb nickname here*
Step 4: we are never getting rid of this
Step 5: we just sold the car and bought this new car. We think this is the long term one, definitely.
Step 6: rinse
Step 7: repeat

:lolgasm:

Y’all are the new :plac: TBH. At least y’all aren’t suffering frozen peas
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
ChrisoftheNorth

razr390 wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:34 am
Detroit wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 8:23 am

Step 3: :tits: says this is the best car ever! She even named it *insert some cutesy dumb nickname here*
Step 5: we just sold the car and bought this new car. We think this is the long term one, definitely.

One key difference: we've never bought the same car twice, and never will.

And yea, we can afford to do what we do, so whatever. Honestly, managed to make money on the last two cars we bought which is :mindblown: . The Stellanus company leases don't count.

Though, really not sure what we could replace the 4R with. It's legit the only vehicle on the market that fits what we want other than a JGC, and that's a :nope:
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

Detroit wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:46 am

And yea, we can afford to do what we do, so whatever. Honestly, managed to make money on the last two cars we bought which is :mindblown: . The Stellanus company leases don't count.

Though, really not sure what we could replace the 4R with. It's legit the only vehicle on the market that fits what we want other than a JGC, and that's a :nope:
:dat: being said, my uncle is also a :plac: and i'll just list out the cars he had and if you notice the last 3, you'd be :mindblown:

From 1998 to now he had:
1997-ish Fiat Uno (grandparents bought it)
1999 Peugeot 106 GTI
2000 Peugeot 106 GTI
2003 Ford Focus Hatch, not the SVT or the GTI equivalent
2004 Seat Toledo 1.8t (same engine as the mk4 GTI)
2000 Renault Clio
2001 Renault Clio (again)
2002 BMW z3 3.0i clownshoe
---got married, wife has a shitty Suzuki Grand Vitara (legit POS), Land Rover Freelander diesel(LR2 for the US market), Nissan Quasqai (rogue sport in euro spec)
2004 Mitsubishi Evo MR (when my mk6 was new)
1999 Porsche 911 c2
2006? BMW z4 M
Mercedes CLA45 AMG (only had it for 4 months :lol: )
e92 BMW M3 Frozen Black Edition
---kid and a dog on the way.
Dumped the m3 and the nissan CUV for...
2014 Porsche Macan S (1 car)
2013 Audi Q7 3.0 TDI (1 car)
2010 Porsche Cayenne NA 3.6 vr6 (wifey, DD, kid hauler) - when covid began
E63 BMW M6 V10 (weekend toy)
and Back to another Audi Q7 3.0 TDI

sorry things are slow :lol:
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 1:13 pm

:dat: being said, my uncle is also a :plac: and i'll just list out the cars he had and if you notice the last 3, you'd be :mindblown:

From 1998 to now he had:
1999 Peugeot 106 GTI
2000 Peugeot 106 GTI
2000 Renault Clio
---got married, wife has a shitty Suzuki Grand Vitara (legit POS), Land Rover Freelander diesel(LR2 for the US market), Nissan Quasqai (rogue sport in euro spec)
1999 Porsche 911 c2
2006? BMW z4 M

WOW :mindblown:

Does he read/write English? Get him on here!
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

:notsure:

I feel like there have been at least three GTIs and three Jeeps, multiple Silverados...
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 1:54 pm

I feel like there have been at least three GTIs and three Jeeps, multiple Silverados...
Different generations. I had an MK5 and and MK6 GTI and a GMT400 Silverado and a K2 Silverado. I've also had Jeeps: JL, JT, CJ, JK, YJ, but never multiples of the same.

I was referring to buying the same generation vehicle multiple times.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 2:03 pm
D Griff wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 1:54 pm

Different generations. I had an MK5 and and MK6 GTI and a GMT400 Silverado and a K2 Silverado. I've also had Jeeps: JL, JT, CJ, JK, YJ, but never multiples of the same.

It's a fine line. I'd say a JT from a CJ is entirely different... MK5 and MK6... that is :plac: , they're the same car.
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 2:16 pm
Detroit wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 2:03 pm

It's a fine line. I'd say a JT from a CJ is entirely different... MK5 and MK6... that is :plac: , they're the same car.
Agree to disagree on the MK5 vs 6

I went from a 2 door MK5 to a 4 door MK6, and the inside was quite different. It's been so long, I honestly can't remember al the differences.
ChrisoftheNorth

:plac: would legit buy multiple chargers (they're all the same) or JKs (they're all the same post 3.6 and interior refresh) or GTI's (MK6 to MK6)
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

wap wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 1:33 pm
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 1:13 pm

From 1998 to now he had:
1999 Peugeot 106 GTI
2000 Peugeot 106 GTI
2000 Renault Clio
1999 Porsche 911 c2
2006? BMW z4 M

WOW :mindblown:

Does he read/write English? Get him on here!
His english is nowhere nearly good as ours, he doesn't know like the jokes that us muricans make and whatnot. But he travels a lot for work, mostly europe, ex soviet countries (moldova, belarus, etc) and lately kazakstan and so on.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 2:25 pm :plac: would legit buy multiple chargers (they're all the same) or JKs (they're all the same post 3.6 and interior refresh) or GTI's (MK6 to MK6)
True, he even bought the same VIN multiple times. :notsure: what kind of imbecile would do that.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

[user not found] wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 12:01 pm
D Griff wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 8:06 pm

True, he even bought the same VIN multiple times. :notsure: what kind of imbecile would do that.
:dock: :mahman:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

LOOL
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

CRV update. Lifetime indicated MPG over 7500 miles has dropped to 35.8. It’s rated 38 combined. So that continues to be disappointing. Wonder if it needs an alignment or something.

I really like the seats. Memory seats have been awesome and the comfort level is excellent overall. Suspension is perfectly tuned and it can rail anything with minimal cabin jolting.

I’ll get them to look at the door alignment, car play glitches, and driveline vibration when it’s due for an oil change this summer.

I hear an odd engine rattle / knock sound when it’s warming up and I’m slowing to a stop. Quick googles suggests it’s the multi plate wet clutch and it’s totally normal. The car makes a lot of weird noises.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

36 MPG seems pretty decent honestly, especially considering it's been winter. Seems EV efficiency takes a shit in the cold. Getting 5% below the EPA rating is :notbad:
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

I also think 36 is excellent a full 30% better than my midget mobile and it likely weighs close 2x what mine does as well as all that extra space
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

max225 wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 11:07 am I also think 36 is excellent a full 30% better than my midget mobile and it likely weighs close 2x what mine does as well as all that extra space
It also runs on horse urine which is a solid $0.70/gal discount over unicorn tears.

Handling isn’t too bad considering it’s a house. 235 width tires has got to help it there. It’s a shame it’s so gutless. It might be fun if it were quicker.