:wtf: WAP made a car thread? AKA the most boring car thread ever

Strut your greasy stuff!
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

Desertbreh wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 11:45 am
wap wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 10:31 pm
I've thought about a GLA. I like them, but they're rather spendy.
That is the most bad ass warrior elite hatchback available in this country. Barely used? :jimp:
:notwrong: , especially if you're talking AMG.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

wap wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 11:45 am Anyone want to hazard a guess as to how much Stuart will be paying me for my car?

Quick check on KBB indicates anywhere between $7k and $9k depending on condition, and mine is (was) pretty pristine, other than some curb rash. Interior is spotless, no cloudiness on the headlight lenses. No dents or scratches, etc, other than minimal on the front bumper. Some paint chips on the hood, doe. I guess I should expect around $8K :iono:
That's :notbad: Mk7's are now in the $15k territory in the used market. Should be a solid downpayment for the corn hole. Question, it's paid off doe right?
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
Wocka Wocka
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: Nothing Good

wap wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 11:45 am Anyone want to hazard a guess as to how much Stuart will be paying me for my car?

Quick check on KBB indicates anywhere between $7k and $9k depending on condition, and mine is (was) pretty pristine, other than some curb rash. Interior is spotless, no cloudiness on the headlight lenses. No dents or scratches, etc, other than minimal on the front bumper. Some paint chips on the hood, doe. I guess I should expect around $8K :iono:
Miles will affect it too. You're on the low side of normal, if I recall previous discussions correctly. I'm guessing $8743.82.
Desertbreh
Command Chief Master Sirloin

wap wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 11:46 am
Desertbreh wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 11:45 am

That is the most bad ass warrior elite hatchback available in this country. Barely used? :jimp:
:notwrong: , especially if you're talking AMG.
Of course I am Ron. I guess I was not aware there is a peasant version
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Desertbreh

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 11:47 am

That's :notbad: Mk7's are now in the $15k territory in the used market. Should be a solid downpayment for the corn hole. Question, it's paid off doe right?
He's owned the car for 10 years. How could it not be paid off?
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 11:32 am
Gberg2119 wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 11:19 am Not necessarily. After using both 7 and 7.5 HU's I definitely prefer the glass panel in the 7.5. It requires a much lighter touch. Especially if you're using something like carplay or Android auto.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
:dat: One of my VW buddies done the switch on his R, and turns out to be more responsive. I'm fine with mine since I mostly listen to music via BT or Sirius and few other settings to benefit from. But man does it look ancient
Your HU is still not as good as the upgraded base one in the 2018+ models.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
razr390

:wap: if you want a less loud color but like the rabbit, the Urano grey is pretty :nice:

Mom had it on her Passat
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
Wocka Wocka
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

Desertbreh wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 11:50 am

You haven't met other humans, have you? People do weird shit. :wap: isn't that kind of dumb, but people are.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

$8460 including tax is my guess.
max225

Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 11:29 am
wap wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 11:19 am

Weird. I went to the :dillerman: website for this one https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/deta ... =atempest4 and they don't show this car there. :wtf:
https://www.vhnissansheboygan.com/used/ ... d12c3d.htm

:dillerman: website...
This thing is like 30k new... :wtf:
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

Wife's Atlas has the MIB2.5, mine has the MIB2, and I guess I must be in the minority but I prefer the MIB2 by a large margin. Having actual physical buttons and not having a glass screen that easily shows fingerprints are more important to me than having a slightly larger screen. As far as function, the UI is exactly the same.
Wocka Wocka
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

max225 wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 11:58 am
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 11:29 am
https://www.vhnissansheboygan.com/used/ ... d12c3d.htm

:dillerman: website...
Dat desirable bloooo.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

razr390 wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 11:52 am
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 11:32 am

:dat: One of my VW buddies done the switch on his R, and turns out to be more responsive. I'm fine with mine since I mostly listen to music via BT or Sirius and few other settings to benefit from. But man does it look ancient
Your HU is still not as good as the upgraded base one in the 2018+ models.
:sad: pixelated texts FTW!
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Desertbreh wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 11:50 am

Just a double check, I wouldn't be surprised if he did pay it off.
max225

max225

Wocka Wocka wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 12:00 pm
max225 wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 11:58 am
Dat desirable bloooo.
The interior is VERY spartan. I know no one "cares" but they have the base stereo, a shitty low res HU, and no options whatsoever.

They drive nice, not nearly as nice as my mini IMO but on the flip side it is a bit bigger inside. My co worker has one... And I posted plenty of pics of us together. I have a bit of time in that car...
My main complaint on the rabbit is that it feels "cheap" compared to the mini, which isn't :wrong: considering the 12k MSRP spread... but the golf R and the SE really don't...
Wocka Wocka
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

max225 wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 12:05 pm
Wocka Wocka wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 12:00 pm

Dat desirable bloooo.
The interior is VERY spartan. I know no one "cares" but they have the base stereo, a shitty low res HU, and no options whatsoever.

They drive nice, not nearly as nice as my mini IMO but on the flip side it is a bit bigger inside. My co worker has one... And I posted plenty of pics of us together. I have a bit of time in that car...
My main complaint on the rabbit is that it feels "cheap" compared to the mini, which isn't :wrong: considering the 12k MSRP spread... but the golf R and the SE really don't...
I'm with you personally. HUs are a big deal to me, but not everyone cares as much. CarPlay is also a requirement for me in any car I buy moving forward. Not sure if they have it or not, but again, that's a personal preference.
max225

It does have CarPlay but the resolution is like 240x320, pixely AF.
razr390

Wocka Wocka wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 12:07 pm
max225 wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 12:05 pm

I'm with you personally. HUs are a big deal to me, but not everyone cares as much. CarPlay is also a requirement for me in any car I buy moving forward. Not sure if they have it or not, but again, that's a personal preference.
The Rabbits have CarPlay.
razr390

The Rabbit is supposed to be a “everything you need and nothing you don’t” approach to a fun hot hatch. It’s the bare minimum of creature comforts paired with a fun driving car/platform
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

razr390 wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 12:10 pm The Rabbits have CarPlay.
Every MK7 Golf since 2016 has AA and CarPlay.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

razr390 wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 12:11 pm The Rabbit is supposed to be a “everything you need and nothing you don’t” approach to a fun hot hatch. It’s the bare minimum of creature comforts paired with a fun driving car/platform
:dat:
max225

razr390 wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 12:11 pm The Rabbit is supposed to be a “everything you need and nothing you don’t” approach to a fun hot hatch. It’s the bare minimum of creature comforts paired with a fun driving car/platform
This definition is different for everyone... hence the pointing out of what I think is missing. I am :notsure: what :was: considers "essential"
Last edited by max225 on Fri Apr 24, 2020 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

Rabbit edition + upgraded HU is the way to go if a GoRf is totally out of the picture.

razr390

Gberg2119 wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 12:17 pm Rabbit edition + upgraded HU is the way to go if a GoRf is totally out of the picture.

They don’t have upgraded HU unless you buy an OEM one and install it :iono:

I’d still be content in a rabbit even with the base HU.