Obligatory C5 Thread

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Apex wrote:
D Griff wrote: Remember when you had a new Cadillac Bromaro and an old $5k Silveradoe a year ago?? :lolgasm:
Srs? :plac: :lolol:
Yes, he literally had an ATS and an early 90s 'rado :lolol:
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

D Griff wrote:
Apex wrote: Srs? :plac: :lolol:
Yes, he literally had an ATS and an early 90s 'rado :lolol:
:plac: :plac: :lolol:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

D Griff wrote:
Apex wrote: Srs? :plac: Imageol:
Yes, he literally had an ATS and an early 90s 'rado Imageol:
Imageol:

:dat:
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Detroit wrote:
Melon wrote:Get the SCCA spec Bromaro, and go autoX it
Possibly. We'll see how I and Infamous like it.

With my discount, a 1LT 1LE V6 is right around $30k or lease under $400/mo all in. I'd get the crazy green (because I want a car with a damned color) and call it a day.

So a $400 month lease on a 37k camaro is ok, yet a $480 lease on a 58k BMW is outrageous ?!

:yeahok:
max225

Melon wrote:
Detroit wrote: Possibly. We'll see how I and Infamous like it.

With my discount, a 1LT 1LE V6 is right around $30k or lease under $400/mo all in. I'd get the crazy green (because I want a car with a damned color) and call it a day.

:notbad:

I wish I could swing that kind of a payment. I'd be in Canyon Town.
Dafuq is canyon town, and your :poorvette: likely cost you that much so far. :iono:
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

D Griff wrote:
Detroit wrote: If I did this, I'd probably buy some older truck as a beater for like $5k.
Remember when you had a new Cadillac Bromaro and an old $5k Silveradoe a year ago?? :lolgasm:
:ohdang:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

maxtdi wrote:
Detroit wrote: Possibly. We'll see how I and Infamous like it.

So a $400 month lease on a 37k camaro is ok, yet a $480 lease on a 58k BMW is outrageous ?!

:yeahok:
No, that's not what I meant. The Bimmer is a great deal for that car, just a bad deal for someone that bitches incessantly about spending too much on cars.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

maxtdi wrote:
Melon wrote:
:notbad:

I wish I could swing that kind of a payment. I'd be in Canyon Town.
Dafuq is canyon town, and your :poorvette: likely cost you that much so far. :iono:
Canyon town? Do you not understand word play? :disappoint:

:poorvette: payment is under $300, Canyon with a few options would be over $500.
Plus I'm looking at taking on another $300/mo payment for the SBA Home Rebuilding loan.

I just can't swing another car payment right now. Things will need to get paid off.
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

I'm really looking forward to having the :poorvette: paid off and just stacking some units. Nine more months.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

D Griff wrote:I'm really looking forward to having the :poorvette: paid off and just stacking some units. Nine more months.
That's awesome man!

I'm hoping once all the dust settles from the house, I'll have the bike paid off. Having the :poorvette: paid off seems more and more like a stretch.
Things keep piling up. But, I'll have no CC debt, no bike note, so that's all a plus.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Melon wrote:
D Griff wrote:I'm really looking forward to having the :poorvette: paid off and just stacking some units. Nine more months.
That's awesome man!

I'm hoping once all the dust settles from the house, I'll have the bike paid off. Having the :poorvette: paid off seems more and more like a stretch.
Things keep piling up. But, I'll have no CC debt, no bike note, so that's all a plus.
:fuckyeah:

Just gotta keep chipping away at it... debt :rolleyes:

I need to start throwing some more extra stacks at my student loans, was doing well with that for a while, but lately I've been :waxer: .
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

D Griff wrote:
Melon wrote:
That's awesome man!

:fuckyeah:

I need to start throwing some more extra stacks at my student loans, was doing well with that for a while, but lately I've been :waxer: .
The :poorvette: is past the tipping point, and I'm months ahead in payments. I think I owe 10.7k on it. I can sell it for 12-14k
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Melon wrote:
D Griff wrote: :fuckyeah:

The :poorvette: is past the tipping point, and I'm months ahead in payments. I think I owe 10.7k on it. I can sell it for 12-14k
:plac: profit? :fuckyeah:

I owe like $4500 on my turd.
ChrisoftheNorth

I paid cash for mine...which in hindsight was stupid, but makes it easier financially to let it rot in the garage.
:rolleyes:
ChrisoftheNorth

Problem is, deep down I love it and I just want to brub.
ChrisoftheNorth

[user not found] wrote:
Detroit wrote:Problem is, deep down I love it and I just want to brub.
The only brub is in the tub
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

[user not found] wrote:
Detroit wrote:Problem is, deep down I love it and I just want to brub.
The only brub is in the tub
:bravo:
ChrisoftheNorth

Melon wrote:
[user not found] wrote: The only brub is in the tub
:bravo:
max225

Melon wrote:
maxtdi wrote:

:poorvette: payment is under $300, Canyon with a few options would be over $500.
Plus I'm looking at taking on another $300/mo payment for the SBA Home Rebuilding loan.

I just can't swing another car payment right now. Things will need to get paid off.
Back to talking about vehicle cost based on "monthly payment" alone eh ?! :laugh:
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

maxtdi wrote:
Melon wrote:

Back to talking about vehicle cost based on "monthly payment" alone eh ?! :laugh:
Insurance isn't a huge consideration, but true, it should be factored in.

I have to evaluate things month to month right now since I'm not sure where I'll be in a few months.
max225

Melon wrote:
maxtdi wrote:

I have to evaluate things month to month right now since I'm not sure where I'll be in a few months.
Yea I am just thinking more from an all in perspective
Mods and maintenance really add up quickly.
Insurance is likely cheaper on the c5 than anything else that is sporty
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Mods are on hold (other than my retail therapy race tire purchase) and maintenance is dirt cheap, $40 oil changes every 4 months or so.
ChrisoftheNorth

maxtdi wrote:
Melon wrote:

Yea I am just thinking more from an all in perspective
Mods and maintenance really add up quickly.
Insurance is likely cheaper on the c5 than anything else that is sporty
Fax
max225

Melon wrote:Mods are on hold (other than my retail therapy race tire purchase) and maintenance is dirt cheap, $40 oil changes every 4 months or so.
Going forward or backward in terms of finances would have to be evaluated.

If you took a backwards approach you'd probably be shocked at the "monthly" you're in so far.

However going forward if you don't mod, and nothing major breaks, you'd be far cheaper than $400 possibly even less than your " monthly"
Last edited by max225 on Fri Nov 18, 2016 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Yeah, before that came out of my disposable income pocket, since the flood, all that has to be put towards debt reduction, CC's loan payments. Etc.

I consider that vapor money, money spent on entertainment, hobbies aint cheap, but I enjoy it immensely.