2024 plac thread !

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
J-Ho-Fo-Show69
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Drives: 328, TJ, Grand Trailhawk

D Griff wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2024 9:55 am
J-Ho-Fo-Show69 wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2024 8:20 am

I’ve always had a fascination with those early 60s continentals. I’ve always wanted one as my realtor car. Just flex nuts on people. Like I’m infatuated with those cars. They’re like art.

Since I’ve had the Softtop on the wrang, I have noticed it’s super loud. I drove it to folly over Memorial Day weekend and just rocked it the whole way top down. No way Kat could have taken the wind abuse for 200 miles. Chad didn’t seem to mind. Actually cracked my radiator on 26 heading home. Heard a rock hit something and then the smoke. Made it home doe!! Radiator changed out last night! Surprisingly cheap!

I’ve been feeling a little plac lately! Got an offer for the jeep and the bmw unsolicited. Maybe that means I’m doing it just right enough. Not sure what I would want though..
:plac: the Wrangler? I thought you were in love? The BMW is obviously the type of gal you keep around for a bit before you get bored with her. You should get a Corvette again.

Or a Continental. I can't stress enough how wild it is that it was more luxurious than any new convertible I've ever been in.
I’m not selling the wrangler ever. When I said plac, it was referring to the Beamer. Coming up on two years, hard to believe! The Beamer is a fine 4/7 girl you date for a while before you meet your wife, then you dump that bitch. She had fake tits anyway! Would love to have one of those continentals doe!

I’m done on the corvette life! At least until I’m like 60. Just not practical for what I do. I find the C8s to be unappealing. Automatic only, looks European, not for me.

Kinda envious of Melons blackwing. I’ve been looking at those for a while and really want one! Just can’t find myself to pull the trigger on an $80k vehicle. I find it’s really hard to find something I really like and is useful for my everyday life. I really like the broncos as well. Two door of course! But again, I’m gonna spend $65k+ for a vehicle?
J-Ho-Fo-Show69
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Drives: 328, TJ, Grand Trailhawk

D Griff wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2024 9:55 am
J-Ho-Fo-Show69 wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2024 8:20 am

I’ve always had a fascination with those early 60s continentals. I’ve always wanted one as my realtor car. Just flex nuts on people. Like I’m infatuated with those cars. They’re like art.

Since I’ve had the Softtop on the wrang, I have noticed it’s super loud. I drove it to folly over Memorial Day weekend and just rocked it the whole way top down. No way Kat could have taken the wind abuse for 200 miles. Chad didn’t seem to mind. Actually cracked my radiator on 26 heading home. Heard a rock hit something and then the smoke. Made it home doe!! Radiator changed out last night! Surprisingly cheap!

I’ve been feeling a little plac lately! Got an offer for the jeep and the bmw unsolicited. Maybe that means I’m doing it just right enough. Not sure what I would want though..
:plac: the Wrangler? I thought you were in love? The BMW is obviously the type of gal you keep around for a bit before you get bored with her. You should get a Corvette again.

Or a Continental. I can't stress enough how wild it is that it was more luxurious than any new convertible I've ever been in.
I’m not selling the wrangler ever. When I said plac, it was referring to the Beamer. Coming up on two years, hard to believe! The Beamer is a fine 4/7 girl you date for a while before you meet your wife, then you dump that bitch. She had fake tits anyway! Would love to have one of those continentals doe!

I’m done on the corvette life! At least until I’m like 60. Just not practical for what I do. I find the C8s to be unappealing. Automatic only, looks European, not for me.

Kinda envious of Melons blackwing. I’ve been looking at those for a while and really want one! Just can’t find myself to pull the trigger on an $80k vehicle. I find it’s really hard to find something I really like and is useful for my everyday life. I really like the broncos as well. Two door of course! But again, I’m gonna spend $65k+ for a vehicle?
Melon2.0
Ground Chuck
Ground Chuck
Drives: Many Things

max225 wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2024 4:20 pm
Melon2.0 wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2024 3:08 pm

Never had an issue with mine, windy sure. IIRC You're taller than me tho. I'm 6'-2"

I always had the windows down with it off, did you keep your windows up?
Tried it both ways... just loved it under 50 and hated it above it... it was just loud... I can't fault the car it's more of a personal preference. I did find "real" convertibles to be quiter somehow...
Makes sense. It was definitely a lot of noise with the panel off. Interior rattles, wind, brub pipes etc.
The Miata was a lot different with the top down.
adoob
Ground Chuck
Ground Chuck
Drives: Cheese

Might be contributing to the :plac: thread this year after all. Details to come next week if it goes through.

:cheese: going down and me having to borrow parents’ car is kinda pushing me to do it now, plus it’s almost my bday (next Sunday) so it’d be one hell of a bday present to myself too.

:excited:
Mk6 Jetta 1.8T with sketchy history (sold) -> :cheese:
IG: @cheesy_miata and @adeebsal
adoob
Ground Chuck
Ground Chuck

The current :dill: being worked on. If PPI checks out I’m placing a deposit on it and picking it up next Monday.

first vehicle with waxable calipers
golftdibrad1
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: on used bald tires

adoob wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 3:57 pm Image

The current :dill: being worked on. If PPI checks out I’m placing a deposit on it and picking it up next Monday.

That color is disgusting.

just kidding, shes a beaut. Hope it works out man.
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:28 pm I'm happy for Brad because nobody jerks it to the Miata harder on this forum and that is the Crown Prince of Miatas.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

These have waxables? :yikes:
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

max225 wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 4:48 pm

Six pistoneees
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Taco Truk | Power Wheels Heep

It’s taken a week for the Miata to get from Tulsa to Charlotte. At this rate I might not see it this week 🙄
adoob
Ground Chuck
Ground Chuck

Why the :yikes:? Maybe I understood the lingo wrong but I thought that just meant big painted calipers lol
adoob
Ground Chuck
Ground Chuck

fledonfoot wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 7:44 pm It’s taken a week for the Miata to get from Tulsa to Charlotte. At this rate I might not see it this week 🙄
Out of the loop but did you swap the 86 for a miat?
max225

adoob wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 8:03 pm

Why the :yikes:? Maybe I understood the lingo wrong but I thought that just meant big painted calipers lol
For some reason I thought they were sliders when I drove a 2020
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

The base has waxables too I think, but smaller 4 pistons.
adoob
Ground Chuck
Ground Chuck

CaleDeRoo wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 9:45 pm The base has waxables too I think, but smaller 4 pistons.
I gotta double check but I think all of them are 4 piston but the sport pack just gets red painted whereas base gets black painted. Maybe wrong. Didn't really look closely, more interested in the air suspension of the sport pack.
golftdibrad1

Speaking of :plac: I have the urge so vv bad.

Miata is proving harder to sell than i thought :thisisfine:

All the good cars I had my eyes on are selling :thisisfine:

Im now possibly working a deal at what is probably a shady dealer on a rebuilt title ND and they take my car as a trade in. :thisisfine:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:28 pm I'm happy for Brad because nobody jerks it to the Miata harder on this forum and that is the Crown Prince of Miatas.
max225

golftdibrad1 wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2024 10:02 am Speaking of :plac: I have the urge so vv bad.

Im now possibly working a deal at what is probably a shady dealer on a rebuilt title ND and they take my car as a trade in. :thisisfine:
Whoa... :shock:
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

adoob wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 11:22 pm
CaleDeRoo wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 9:45 pm The base has waxables too I think, but smaller 4 pistons.
I gotta double check but I think all of them are 4 piston but the sport pack just gets red painted whereas base gets black painted. Maybe wrong. Didn't really look closely, more interested in the air suspension of the sport pack.
:wrong:

I'm pretty sure the rears are sliders. Audi, BMW, and MB all cheap out and put sliders on the rear.
max225

Rears are sliders. If I recollect correctly there is a "sport" exhaust option that removes the fake tips :yikes:

fronts are looking :nice:
golftdibrad1

Gberg2119 wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2024 10:15 am
adoob wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 11:22 pm

:wrong:

I'm pretty sure the rears are sliders. Audi, BMW, and MB all cheap out and put sliders on the rear.
Rears dont ever do much and dont call for waxables. Hell, MOST street cars dont either. The biggest benefit of quick pad changes isnt utilized by 99% of people with waxables anyway
golftdibrad1

max225 wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2024 10:09 am
golftdibrad1 wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2024 10:02 am Speaking of :plac: I have the urge so vv bad.

not shocked that the guy who thinks cars are fit for the scrapyard at 60k is shocked.
max225

golftdibrad1 wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2024 10:25 am
max225 wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2024 10:09 am

not shocked that the guy who thinks cars are fit for the scrapyard at 60k is shocked.
It was the" shady dealer rebuilt ND" comment that got me... that's a risk my dude
golftdibrad1

max225 wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2024 10:26 am
golftdibrad1 wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2024 10:25 am

It was the" shady dealer rebuilt ND" comment that got me... that's a risk my dude
After looking a little more, not so shady. They do this as a business erry day
https://www-carpaautobroker-com.transla ... _hist=true

Its definitely a risk, no doubt about it.

Pro: They offered not unreasonable trade on the orange car.
Pro: Looks like they are a school for crafts, they could really make the orange car nice, teach some kids, and make some money on it
Pro: save trade value of orange car on taxes (~1k)
Pro: save ~10k on price of similar miles / year/ etc ND
Pro (to me): the 'new' is most certainly knocked off :lol:

Con: permanent 'equity' hit
Con: Insurance may be more and allstate already said no to rebuilt title, so maybe more difficult as well
Con: Forever questions about quality of repair, straightness, etc.
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

What’s a slider brake vs brake with pistons? :flamesuit:
Melon2.0
Ground Chuck
Ground Chuck
Drives: Many Things

Four doors?
Blue?
Red Calipers?

APPROVED

BLUE CAR GANG!
max225

SAWCE wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2024 10:57 am What’s a slider brake vs brake with pistons? :flamesuit:
One has pistons on both sides of the rotor and the other gets put on a geo metro