Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

Devilchrono wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 9:25 pm
wap wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 8:53 pm

First, :hai: , it's been a while.

Second, holy fuck, really sorry to hear this. Do they think they got it all out? Glad you got it taken care of before it got worse. Hope you heal up quick! :like:
They’re pretty sure they got it all, which is part of why the incision ended up being larger than they initially told me. So far though, it’s been alright in the few days of recovery. I’m staying away from the hard pain meds they gave me because I haven’t truly needed them; on a scale of 1-10, this rates about a 1. Today though it’s starting to swell/bruise more, so that’s been most of my discomfort at this point. I won’t know for sure though until next week when the pathology results come in from it all.
:word:
Yeah, stay away from the pain meds if possible and limit yourself to just Tylenol if you can. My 7-8" chest incision was closed on the outside with glue, too, and it heals surprisingly well, with a barely visible thin while scar. it may take a while, but it'll eventually all but disappear eventually.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

wap wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 8:53 pm

First, :hai: , it's been a while.

Second, holy fuck, really sorry to hear this. Do they think they got it all out? Glad you got it taken care of before it got worse. Hope you heal up quick! :like:
They’re pretty sure they got it all, which is part of why the incision ended up being larger than they initially told me. So far though, it’s been alright in the few days of recovery. I’m staying away from the hard pain meds they gave me because I haven’t truly needed them; on a scale of 1-10, this rates about a 1. Today though it’s starting to swell/bruise more, so that’s been most of my discomfort at this point. I won’t know for sure though until next week when the pathology results come in from it all.
Yeah dude the melanoma on my back was smaller than a dime, but because they wanted to check around it and in order to pull the incision closed without having to graft skin, they ended up going like 5” long.. I have a pretty gnarly pic of it later that day with it all stitched shut if people want to see that and aren’t too squeamish. The stitching and cauterizing was worse than the removal.
wap

SAWCE wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 9:51 pm

Yeah dude the melanoma on my back was smaller than a dime, but because they wanted to check around it and in order to pull the incision closed without having to graft skin, they ended up going like 5” long.. I have a pretty gnarly pic of it later that day with it all stitched shut if people want to see that and aren’t too squeamish. The stitching and cauterizing was worse than the removal.
I think you shared that pic before, but post it again. I'll post my chest incision if you post it!
Desertbreh

D Griff wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 9:09 pm
golftdibrad1 wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 10:12 am Got a new grill this weekend. Why is it so freaking hard to get a Natural Gas grill. @ hour adventure saturday to all the home stores that sell the 'conversion' kits but no jets for NG! Then the one I got came with both but was very cryptic about if it came with jets in the box (it did). Was pretty frustrated by whole deal esp because i ended up with another propane bottle.
Anyway, done now. Walmart has a good sale right now got me a cuisinart stainless boi for 400. Cooked up some steaks on NG and they were delish.

Also got my 3rd tap hooked up on the fridge and got another cider in the fermenter.

any what did you losers do this weekend?
Hmmm, Friday night got :drunk: with some friends from work. Saturday rode my bike to go get my car I left at the coworker's house, then went on an MTB ride, helped a buddy move a fridge, did some yard work. Sunday I pretty much did house shit most of the day, had to fix some doors and replace some locks among other small things. I also bled the brakes in the BMW, put two full bottles through and they're spongy as hell and super shit. I guess I need to bleed out the DSC module or whatever the fuck, what a pain. Also I'm going to have to bail on TNIA this week because of that.

Now I'm in Atlanta for work and have a new coworker tagging along to come to my customer meetings as sort of training. New guy is OK, he's into cars (owns a Rivian and an NB Miata) and a nice guy but somehow it feels like we're not quite hitting it off. :iono: I want to go home.

I'm still quite :disgust: with work.
You're only fucked when you DON'T.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
SAWCE

Desertbreh wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 10:37 pm

Hmmm, Friday night got :drunk: with some friends from work. Saturday rode my bike to go get my car I left at the coworker's house, then went on an MTB ride, helped a buddy move a fridge, did some yard work. Sunday I pretty much did house shit most of the day, had to fix some doors and replace some locks among other small things. I also bled the brakes in the BMW, put two full bottles through and they're spongy as hell and super shit. I guess I need to bleed out the DSC module or whatever the fuck, what a pain. Also I'm going to have to bail on TNIA this week because of that.

Now I'm in Atlanta for work and have a new coworker tagging along to come to my customer meetings as sort of training. New guy is OK, he's into cars (owns a Rivian and an NB Miata) and a nice guy but somehow it feels like we're not quite hitting it off. :iono: I want to go home.

You're only fucked when you DON'T.
Lot of wisdom in this simple post.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

golftdibrad1 wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 10:12 am Got a new grill this weekend. Why is it so freaking hard to get a Natural Gas grill. @ hour adventure saturday to all the home stores that sell the 'conversion' kits but no jets for NG! Then the one I got came with both but was very cryptic about if it came with jets in the box (it did). Was pretty frustrated by whole deal esp because i ended up with another propane bottle.
Anyway, done now. Walmart has a good sale right now got me a cuisinart stainless boi for 400. Cooked up some steaks on NG and they were delish.

Also got my 3rd tap hooked up on the fridge and got another cider in the fermenter.

I find work trips annoying if you're not going with someone you like to hang out with. Sorry man.
wap

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 11:04 pm

I find work trips annoying if you're going with someone. Sorry man.
Fixed, IMO.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

Hit all green lights on my way to work just now. :fuckyeah:
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Do y'all drive to Atlanta? Hopefully work puts you up in a Hampton Inn for the free booze happy hour. Maybe that'll help y'all hit it off.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

wap wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 12:00 am
Johnny_P wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 11:04 pm

I find work trips annoying if you're going with someone. Sorry man.
Fixed, IMO.
For the most part, :dat: haha. I definitely prefer the solo act. The job requires being “on” for a bunch of meetings with customers all day, then having to do that in the car between them and at every meal really makes it exhausting. This dude isn’t terrible or anything.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

CaleDeRoo wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 5:40 am

Do y'all drive to Atlanta? Hopefully work puts you up in a Hampton Inn for the free booze happy hour. Maybe that'll help y'all hit it off.
It’s my choice on travel/hotel within reason. Most of the people I need to see are in the north side so it makes a bit more sense for me to drive.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 6:51 am
CaleDeRoo wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 5:40 am

It’s my choice on travel/hotel within reason. Most of the people I need to see are in the north side so it makes a bit more sense for me to drive.
Should've taken the Rivian to be green
golftdibrad1
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: on used bald tires

Dang, bleeding through ABS is a bitch. If its never seen air it shouldn't do that tho. Have you tried making the abs engauge and trying again to bleed? Personally unless its a simple fluid change I never get all the air on the first try. Its basically unheard of unless you do reverse fill with all the special tools like techs/factory have.
wap wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 9:48 pm

One :rage: moment. While unloading the 96 blocks, I found one that was broken in half :ayfkm: . :notsure: if it was already broken when I grabbed it in the store, or if it broke while driving home. :ohwell: , it was only $.78, but I need to waste time running back to Menards for <$1 purchase. :rolleyes:
Older than time itself and have not learned that when you need multiple of a thing that cost less than 5 bucks, buy extra.
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:28 pm I'm happy for Brad because nobody jerks it to the Miata harder on this forum and that is the Crown Prince of Miatas.
Devilchrono
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: 22’ Chevy Blazer

wap wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 9:50 pm

Yeah, stay away from the pain meds if possible and limit yourself to just Tylenol if you can. My 7-8" chest incision was closed on the outside with glue, too, and it heals surprisingly well, with a barely visible thin while scar. it may take a while, but it'll eventually all but disappear eventually.
I asked the doc for it just in case, but my pain tolerance is pretty high and I wasn't sure I wanted to use it. I've heard horror stories of people taking it, with everything from stomach complications to easy addiction; which I didn't wanna deal with in any capacity given some family history.

l honestly don't care if it scars any, I just wish I could move my neck more, but it's getting better each day. Right now, it's bruising like crazy where they were doing the work inside, so it's looking like I lost a knife fight, lol.
wap

Devilchrono wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 9:43 am
wap wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 9:50 pm

I asked the doc for it just in case, but my pain tolerance is pretty high and I wasn't sure I wanted to use it. I've heard horror stories of people taking it, with everything from stomach complications to easy addiction; which I didn't wanna deal with in any capacity given some family history.

l honestly don't care if it scars any, I just wish I could move my neck more, but it's getting better each day. Right now, it's bruising like crazy where they were doing the work inside, so it's looking like I lost a knife fight, lol.
Exactly. If you can stand to not take opioids, don't. The neck thing sounds rough. It's likely tight from moving tendons and things around inside and such. Once you heal you can do some gentle stretches to get flexibility back. Same thing happened to me. Neck tendons were jimmied around at the top of my chest and the range of motion of my head was reduced for a while (this was normal) but it's back to normal now.
Devilchrono
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

wap wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 10:04 am
Devilchrono wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 9:43 am

Exactly. If you can stand to not take opioids, don't. The neck thing sounds rough. It's likely tight from moving tendons and things around inside and such. Once you heal you can do some gentle stretches to get flexibility back. Same thing happened to me. Neck tendons were jimmied around at the top of my chest and the range of motion of my head was reduced for a while (this was normal) but it's back to normal now.

*WARNING, Incoming incision pic*

Yea, it's gotta be with where they cut, cause it's right next to/on top of a muscle really, and the shape of the cut I think. My ear goes numb a little and the cut itself if I move my head too much, but I don't loose any feeling, it just tingles. Not worried about it right now since it goes away, but I'm keeping an eye on everything because I've never had to have a surgery before. Here's a pic of right after I woke up.

SAWCE

Woof. That’s gnarly. I tried posting up my back pic last night but kept getting an error. Trying again.

SAWCE

I was on the operating table at like 6:30 that morning, and at work at 8:00 :lol: was outprocessing from a job that I was leaving and since that was the last day I’d be covered by their insurance my doctor was cool and moved me all the way up on the schedule to have it done that day so I wouldn’t have to pay out of pocket.
Devilchrono
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

SAWCE wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 11:10 am I was on the operating table at like 6:30 that morning, and at work at 8:00 :lol: was outprocessing from a job that I was leaving and since that was the last day I’d be covered by their insurance my doctor was cool and moved me all the way up on the schedule to have it done that day so I wouldn’t have to pay out of pocket.
That's nuts. My boss didn't want me to come back that day, and I'm glad. I got home, ate something and passed the fuck out for like 4 hours. My only real restriction still right now is lifting anything excessively heavy.

And that incision is crazy dude
SAWCE

Devilchrono wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 11:13 am
SAWCE wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 11:10 am I was on the operating table at like 6:30 that morning, and at work at 8:00 :lol: was outprocessing from a job that I was leaving and since that was the last day I’d be covered by their insurance my doctor was cool and moved me all the way up on the schedule to have it done that day so I wouldn’t have to pay out of pocket.
That's nuts. My boss didn't want me to come back that day, and I'm glad. I got home, ate something and passed the fuck out for like 4 hours. My only real restriction still right now is lifting anything excessively heavy.

Yeah I hadn’t even told work about it. My two week notice had been in, that Monday I got the call that the biopsy results came back positive and we needed to schedule a surgery time, told her I was leaving my job that Friday and wouldn’t have insurance for a while after that and she just booked me for Friday morning. Really cool of her, but yeah that day at work was absolutely brutal. Drove straight to my friend’s work after where she took that picture, cleaned me up and changed my bandages. I also had to take some time off of lifting. I didn’t give it long enough, so the scar got all stretched out and even more fucked up looking. Whoops.
golftdibrad1
Drives: on used bald tires

SAWCE wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 11:30 am
Devilchrono wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 11:13 am

Yeah I hadn’t even told work about it. My two week notice had been in, that Monday I got the call that the biopsy results came back positive and we needed to schedule a surgery time, told her I was leaving my job that Friday and wouldn’t have insurance for a while after that and she just booked me for Friday morning. Really cool of her, but yeah that day at work was absolutely brutal. Drove straight to my friend’s work after where she took that picture, cleaned me up and changed my bandages. I also had to take some time off of lifting. I didn’t give it long enough, so the scar got all stretched out and even more fucked up looking. Whoops.
bro. coverage usually goes through the end of them month. glad it all worked out, younger and dumber, etc etc,

dem cuts look gnarly :doe:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:28 pm I'm happy for Brad because nobody jerks it to the Miata harder on this forum and that is the Crown Prince of Miatas.
SAWCE

golftdibrad1 wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 12:39 pm
SAWCE wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 11:30 am

bro. coverage usually goes through the end of them month. glad it all worked out, younger and dumber, etc etc,

dem cuts look gnarly :doe:
Yeah.. it was pretty fucking close to the end of the month. 5/25 was my surgery date. Not a lot of wiggle room lol.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Damn those scars are no joke.
wap

My turn.
This was 1 week after my surgery, right after removing the bandage. It was super clean and neat by then.

The 2 bullet holes were where the drain tubes were.
Desertbreh

Looking good fellas.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.