OT 21: DFD Giveth and DFD Taketh Away

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

SAWCE wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 5:32 pm Thanks guys! She’s had some tests done and all looks good for her too, so just a matter of timing now. She’s still stressing because “most couples get pregnant within 3 months :sass: “, and we’re going on month four. I’m not worried about it at all, and trying to get that to rub off on her, but just like the .gov, :tits: gonna :tits:
Not to get too personal but is her cycle regular? It’s usually easy to predict the fertility periods if it’s regular.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
golftdibrad1
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: on used bald tires

KYGTIGuy wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 4:25 pm
SAWCE wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 3:49 pm Toby! Welcome back dude.
oh hai. is this the week of the return of exiles?
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:28 pm I'm happy for Brad because nobody jerks it to the Miata harder on this forum and that is the Crown Prince of Miatas.
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

razr390 wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 8:20 pm
SAWCE wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 5:32 pm Thanks guys! She’s had some tests done and all looks good for her too, so just a matter of timing now. She’s still stressing because “most couples get pregnant within 3 months :sass: “, and we’re going on month four. I’m not worried about it at all, and trying to get that to rub off on her, but just like the .gov, :tits: gonna :tits:
Not to get too personal but is her cycle regular? It’s usually easy to predict the fertility periods if it’s regular.
Yeah hers is.. we’ve been tracking for a bit and it’s been consistent
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

SAWCE wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 6:14 pm
wap wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 5:43 pm

:dat: is gonna be counter-productive to you slipping one past the goalie if it keeps up.

Best of luck, :doe: !
Yeah I’ve tried explaining that stressing about it happening is a sure fire way to make it not happen, but “I cAN’t NoT StREsS AbOUt It! ZOMG”

I’ll just try to be the positive voice of reason and she can do her thing and I’ll just smile and nod.
That’s the way. I’m sure it’ll work out.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

https://www.yahoo.com/money/housing-mar ... 58055.html

This answers the big question about “shortage” of housing a term that utterly :triggered; me. 1:3 homes
Is bought by institutions. And not to mention “private” inventors who have 1-5 extra units. Such bullshit
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

max225 wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 8:56 am https://www.yahoo.com/money/housing-mar ... 58055.html

This answers the big question about “shortage” of housing a term that utterly :triggered; me. 1:3 homes
Is bought by institutions. And not to mention “private” inventors who have 1-5 extra units. Such bullshit
Holy shit, I really didn't think it was anywhere near 25% let along 1/3 market. That's fkd
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

One frikking third!
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Although lagging, Canadian market is not THAT far behind and is just starting to be in vogue these last couple of years. These numbers include casual multi-property owners which is something that's been around since the dawn of time, and excludes "shack in the woods" places since it is median cities across the country.

https://betterdwelling.com/canadian-cit ... investors/

"About 1 in 5 (21.0%) homes in the median city across the four regions are investor-owned. When isolating new construction (built after 2016), that number rises to 1 in 3 (33.7%) bought by investors. Their ownership of new housing is overrepresented. It’s running about 60% faster than the general market share."

Yeah I'm good with a reduction in this trend.
SAWCE

Got all my bloodwork back. Every marker was within the normal range except for my liver enzymes, which we know will always be elevated even just from lifting weights. Pretty stoked to see that the changes I’ve made to my diet and actually doing cardio have kept me pretty healthy this time around.

The other thing that was out of range was my testosterone level :lol: their scale ends at 1499ng/dl, so my reading was just >1499. I was actually worried that would be in range with how good all of my :jizz: results and the rest of my bloodwork looked. Thought maybe I’ve been running fake gear lol.
Desertbreh

SAWCE wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 10:59 am Got all my bloodwork back. Every marker was within the normal range except for my liver enzymes, which we know will always be elevated even just from lifting weights. Pretty stoked to see that the changes I’ve made to my diet and actually doing cardio have kept me pretty healthy this time around.

The other thing that was out of range was my testosterone level :lol: their scale ends at 1499ng/dl, so my reading was just >1499. I was actually worried that would be in range with how good all of my :jizz: results and the rest of my bloodwork looked. Thought maybe I’ve been running fake gear lol.
You just also explain that you're just manly AF so that's the way it works.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
razr390

SAWCE wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 10:24 pm
razr390 wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 8:20 pm

then just keep :dock: and painting those walls big guy :jizz:

If anything, maybe her being so stressed about it could affect it? If y’all are “ready” for a kid, just treat it as let’s not “plan” for it, let’s just do what we do and let it happen. If it does, it does, if it doesn’t, it doesn’t.

I feel like the couples (not you, but in general) that over stress about planning everything to the t and day sometimes are their own obstacle
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
golftdibrad1
Drives: on used bald tires

Tar wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 9:24 am
max225 wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 8:56 am https://www.yahoo.com/money/housing-mar ... 58055.html

Holy shit, I really didn't think it was anywhere near 25% let along 1/3 market. That's fkd
that's super fucked. I'm not usually a "the should be a law against that" kinda guy .... but that needs to be reigned in
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:28 pm I'm happy for Brad because nobody jerks it to the Miata harder on this forum and that is the Crown Prince of Miatas.
SAWCE

razr390 wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 12:50 pm
SAWCE wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 10:24 pm

then just keep :dock: and painting those walls big guy :jizz:

If anything, maybe her being so stressed about it could affect it? If y’all are “ready” for a kid, just treat it as let’s not “plan” for it, let’s just do what we do and let it happen. If it does, it does, if it doesn’t, it doesn’t.

I feel like the couples (not you, but in general) that over stress about planning everything to the t and day sometimes are their own obstacle
That’s what I’ve been trying to tell her. But the result of doing that is about the same as tell :tits: to calm down during a dispute.. just adds fuel to the fire lol.

It’ll happen in due time. Hopefully she can change her mindset and not stress as much.
razr390

SAWCE wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 1:18 pm
razr390 wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 12:50 pm then just keep :dock: and painting those walls big guy :jizz:

That’s what I’ve been trying to tell her. But the result of doing that is about the same as tell :tits: to calm down during a dispute.. just adds fuel to the fire lol.

It’ll happen in due time. Hopefully she can change her mindset and not stress as much.
I think it’ll happen when y’all least expect it, even if y’all are ready. Most likely when she probably writes it off a bit as far as stressing over it.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

golftdibrad1 wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 1:17 pm
Tar wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 9:24 am

that's super fucked. I'm not usually a "the should be a law against that" kinda guy .... but that needs to be reigned in
Having laws that help the little guy rather than crooked politicians and their drug dealers would be refreshing.
SAWCE

Desertbreh wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 11:25 am
SAWCE wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 10:59 am Got all my bloodwork back. Every marker was within the normal range except for my liver enzymes, which we know will always be elevated even just from lifting weights. Pretty stoked to see that the changes I’ve made to my diet and actually doing cardio have kept me pretty healthy this time around.

You just also explain that you're just manly AF so that's the way it works.
:fuckyeah:
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

Went to a work function with my roommate, and his company rented out a joint called Queen Park Social not far from Dan. There were lots of kids there which makes sense for a party at 2pm, but we still had a few free drinks and they had a quesadilla buffet. :fatty:
SAWCE

In an ideal world, I’d have a quesadilla for dessert after dinner most nights. Keep your sweets, give me that greasy goodness.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 7:04 pm In an ideal world, I’d have a quesadilla for dessert after dinner most nights. Keep your sweets, give me that greasy goodness.
Well there were also brownies cooked only enough to keep their shape, which is exactly how I like them. Dessert to the dessert.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

CaleDeRoo wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 6:46 pm Went to a work function with my roommate, and his company rented out a joint called Queen Park Social not far from Dan. There were lots of kids there which makes sense for a party at 2pm, but we still had a few free drinks and they had a quesadilla buffet. :fatty:
That place is pretty cool, we had my 10 year high school reunion there in 2017. The food was pretty good IIRC.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

Clapped out turkish breh checking in, hows your evening going
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 10:41 pm Clapped out turkish breh checking in, hows your evening going
Yo how's it going? You still rolling deep in the Accord?
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 10:14 pm
CaleDeRoo wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 6:46 pm Went to a work function with my roommate, and his company rented out a joint called Queen Park Social not far from Dan. There were lots of kids there which makes sense for a party at 2pm, but we still had a few free drinks and they had a quesadilla buffet. :fatty:
That place is pretty cool, we had my 10 year high school reunion there in 2017. The food was pretty good IIRC.
The chicken dillas and drinks were FIRE. We didn't stay long though since most people were there with their young kids.
SAWCE

CaleDeRoo wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 7:32 pm
SAWCE wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 7:04 pm In an ideal world, I’d have a quesadilla for dessert after dinner most nights. Keep your sweets, give me that greasy goodness.
Well there were also brownies cooked only enough to keep their shape, which is exactly how I like them. Dessert to the dessert.
I’m more of a corner of the pan man when it comes to brownies, but I can respect some undercooked gooey goodness.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

:nice:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.