Truk Talk: Invest in Trukcoin!

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Melon wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:59 pm
maxtdi wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:52 pm

Time is on your side. You already have a truck... why get another one?

The market is finally starting to get more saturated.
That's the plan.
the Dakota is getting up there in miles, so it will need replacing in the next few years, and I'd like to cash out on it while the market is silly.
I'd like to get $3000 for it.
The sweet spot will likely be this fall.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

Detroit wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:09 pm

That's the plan.
the Dakota is getting up there in miles, so it will need replacing in the next few years, and I'd like to cash out on it while the market is silly.
The sweet spot will likely be this fall.
That would be the earliest I'd be ready to buy new.
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

maxtdi wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:52 pm

Time is on your side. You already have a truck... why get another one?

The market is finally starting to get more saturated.
That's the plan.
Wow.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:14 pm

That's the plan.
Wow.
I think the market is ripe for it.
But I know it's a beater Dakota, so I'm optimistic, but realistic.
SixSpeeder
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: Fiat

maxtdi wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:22 pm Our local :dillerman: run poverty spec specials on Wrangaylers. IMO if you just want the off road ability. You can pick up a JKU 4 whore auto for ~30k or so. Then you can throw a set of rubicunt wheels+tires on it for $800 and call it a day. Ppl are just giving those away on craigslist. Because parking hard at a mall is dat lyfe dawg.

I'd get a two door because I rarely have more than one human passenger and they break over obstacles much better, and the rear seats will be out most of the time if I got either configuration. The dif is the part that I don't want to negotiate on and models with it are pricey/less discounted. I don't really care much about the wheels, that's easily changeable. I'm flexible on colors as long as it's not chartreuse or some other god awful color.
dyslexic wrote:DO YOU FEEL FEAR
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

SixSpeeder wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:06 pm
maxtdi wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:22 pm Our local :dillerman: run poverty spec specials on Wrangaylers. IMO if you just want the off road ability. You can pick up a JKU 4 whore auto for ~30k or so. Then you can throw a set of rubicunt wheels+tires on it for $800 and call it a day. Ppl are just giving those away on craigslist. Because parking hard at a mall is dat lyfe dawg.

I'd get a two door because I rarely have more than one human passenger and they break over obstacles much better, and the rear seats will be out most of the time if I got either configuration. The dif is the part that I don't want to negotiate on and models with it are pricey/less discounted. I don't really care much about the wheels, that's easily changeable. I'm flexible on colors as long as it's not chartreuse or some other god awful color.
Wait what diff you talking about? A lot of the poverty spec models have the locker. It is a $375 option.

The 2 door is just a horribly tiny vehicle inside... But if you're getting rid of the seats as is it makes cents. There is no storage space with them in and it basically carries 2 humans only.
SixSpeeder

maxtdi wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:29 pm

Wait what diff you talking about? A lot of the poverty spec models have the locker. It is a $375 option.

The 2 door is just a horribly tiny vehicle inside... But if you're getting rid of the seats as is it makes cents. There is no storage space with them in and it basically carries 2 humans only.
Rear locker, not front (though dat would be sweet). Models that have it mysteriously are not on sale. I'd like a Willys Wheeler edition which are supposed to MSRP for $28,000 but are being listed for at least $4k more than that.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

:wat:

Locker is like a $1500 option on select trims, the LSD is cheap doe and available on all trims I think?
max225

Apex wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:34 pm

Locker is like a $1500 option on select trims, the LSD is cheap doe and available on all trims I think?
Well I meant rear LSD. Not sure why anyone would need anything more than that + 4WD. The jeep will get you anywhere. Anywhere outside of that you'd be better off with a dedicated 4 wheeler.
SixSpeeder

Now I'm confused, so the Trak-Lok that's available on a lot of trims doesn't really lock (mechanically, no gay brake nonsense)? Rubi comes with Tru-lok lockers, which I'm assuming truly lock.

A standard LSD is no substitute for a locker Max offroad in slippery situations (muddy trails in the PNW).
SixSpeeder

moved
Apex

SixSpeeder wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:50 pm

Now I'm confused, so the Trak-Lok that's available on a lot of trims doesn't really lock (mechanically, no gay brake nonsense)? Rubi comes with Tru-lok lockers, which I'm assuming truly lock.

A standard LSD is no substitute for a locker Max offroad in slippery situations (muddy trails in the PNW).
Last time I looked, it was trims like Black Bear and Willy's Wheeler that had the locker option. Stuff like sport and sahara only had the LSD option.
SixSpeeder

Apex wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:57 pm
SixSpeeder wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:50 pm

Last time I looked, it was trims like Black Bear and Willy's Wheeler that had the locker option. Stuff like sport and sahara only had the LSD option.
Replying to this in the Jeep thread.
Apex

SixSpeeder wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:59 pm
Apex wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:57 pm

Replying to this in the Jeep thread.
I'm too lazy to move it. :lol:
max225

So more deets on the Next Gen Bronco

1. Body On Frame
2. Removable roof
3. Likely similar architecture to ranger but "completely new" :yeahok:

I wonder if Chevy is thinking of a blazer... based on the Colorado... aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand we're back in the 90s.
ChrisoftheNorth

maxtdi wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:57 pm So more deets on the Next Gen Bronco

1. Body On Frame
2. Removable roof

I wonder if Chevy is thinking of a blazer... based on the Colorado... aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand we're back in the 90s.
There will not be an SUV based on the Colorado. I think this is a big mistake given the Bronco.

Apparently, the Ranger architecture will be unique to the us like the Colorado is here. Seems odd since Ferd shares everything globally.

I'd be surprised if the Bronco has a removable roof, too.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
max225

Detroit wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:11 pm
maxtdi wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:57 pm So more deets on the Next Gen Bronco

1. Body On Frame
2. Removable roof

There will not be an SUV based on the Colorado. I think this is a big mistake given the Bronco.

Apparently, the Ranger architecture will be unique to the us like the Colorado is here. Seems odd since Ferd shares everything globally.

I'd be surprised if the Bronco has a removable roof, too.
Who knows... 2020/1 is a long ass time away from today. Damn... I can't believe a car made in 2000 is like 17 model years old at this point. :mindblown: that's pretty damn old.
ChrisoftheNorth

We're in the midst of plan MY 2021 Colorado now. Trust me, the Bronco is done right now.
Apex

Detroit wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:33 pm We're in the midst of plan MY 2021 Colorado now. Trust me, the Bronco is done right now.
Is this going to be called Chris's next next truck? :hue:
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:23 pm
Detroit wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:33 pm We're in the midst of plan MY 2021 Colorado now. Trust me, the Bronco is done right now.
Doubtful. :(
Apex

Detroit wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:08 pm
Apex wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:23 pm

Doubtful. :(
:(
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

I think a lot of airboat captains would love a Bronco, especially if it comes with a removable roof.

We shall see.

Canyon needs to come in bloooo
ChrisoftheNorth

Melon wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:31 pm I think a lot of airboat captains would love a Bronco, especially if it comes with a removable roof.

We shall see.

In time...
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2017 7:49 am
Melon wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:31 pm I think a lot of airboat captains would love a Bronco, especially if it comes with a removable roof.

We shall see.

In time...
You make a :melon: hopeful. ;)
ChrisoftheNorth

Melon wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:03 am
Detroit wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2017 7:49 am

In time...
You make a :melon: hopeful. ;)
I've seen the color releases. You'll be a happy :melon: in MY18 if nothing changes...