Obligatory C5 Thread

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

All things brub tub related.

You know the drill.
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

I got an open P.O. from infamous for vette mods, will be vetting (heh) out options in here soon.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Did you ever hear back about those Z06 ramz?
ChrisoftheNorth

Yea, dude lied about location to increase appeal and is 2.5 hours away. I told him if I can find time this weekend to blow 5 hours driving, I'll let him know...but it's not likely.
Sorry :melon:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Detroit wrote:Yea, dude lied about location to increase appeal and is 2.5 hours away. I told him if I can find time this weekend to blow 5 hours driving, I'll let him know...but it's not likely.
Sorry :melon:
You dick....

:trollface:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

I want some :ramz:
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote:I want some :ramz:
:doit:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote:
D Griff wrote:I want some :ramz:
:doit:
Moar powah first.

I am really hoping to hit tree fiddy to teh :ramz: with the intake/headers/tune.
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote:
Detroit wrote: :doit:
Moar powah first.

I am really hoping to hit tree fiddy to teh :ramz: with the intake/headers/tune.
That's exactly what I hit.

I'm shooting for 450whp with my winter mods, but I'll likely end up in the 420-430 range.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote:
D Griff wrote: Moar powah first.

That's exactly what I hit.

I'm shooting for 450whp with my winter mods, but I'll likely end up in the 420-430 range.
C5 Grand Sport.

:notbad:
ChrisoftheNorth

Melon wrote:
Detroit wrote: That's exactly what I hit.

C5 Grand Sport.

:notbad:
If all goes well, I should have a GS beater for a fraction of the price.
ChrisoftheNorth

I'm still not sure what to do for clutch, doe. Not sure the LT1 clutch is worth it.

I think if I end up wanting moar after the modfest, I'll just throw 4.10's in it and be done. That doesn't impact the clutch, so a clutch that held 450 would be fine.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

4.10's with 430-450 to the wheels would be lulz
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Melon wrote:4.10's with 430-450 to the wheels would be lulz
The lollercoaster would be immense.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

I just installed the head unit in my car. I'll review later once I've messed with it a little. Dat ability to listen to my phone in my car now :doe: :mindblown:
ChrisoftheNorth

My thoughts exactly.
I don't know why I'd do a blower when moar :lolol: could be had with gears for less.

Which makes the clutch argument difficult.

OEM goes to 400hp, so nope.
LS7 seems kind of :notsure:
Aftermarket seems to be in the low 500hp range for $800, but quite a bit increased pedal effort.
Monster LT1 (factory disk) goes to 700hp, but costs $300 more than the aftermarkets that hold $500 BUT with stock pedal effort and driving characteristics
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote:I just installed the head unit in my car. I'll review later once I've messed with it a little. Dat ability to listen to my phone in my car now :doe: :mindblown:
Welcome to 2005.

I can't wait to update my car.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote:
My thoughts exactly.
I don't know why I'd do a blower when moar :lolol: could be had with gears for less.

Aftermarket seems to be in the low 500hp range for $800, but quite a bit increased pedal effort.
Monster LT1 (factory disk) goes to 700hp, but costs $300 more than the aftermarkets that hold $500 BUT with stock pedal effort and driving characteristics
I'd go with that if it were me. Sure, you'll likely never need to hold that much power, but if you do, it's there. More importantly, you can drive the car like a normal person, not stall at lights and all that shit, I think it's important the car stays fun to drive around town, otherwise, what's the point?
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote:
Detroit wrote: My thoughts exactly.

I'd go with that if it were me. Sure, you'll likely never need to hold that much power, but if you do, it's there. More importantly, you can drive the car like a normal person, not stall at lights and all that shit, I think it's important the car stays fun to drive around town, otherwise, what's the point?
Yea, true. It's the drivability and use of factory parts that really draws me to that option. I should just :doit: hopefully they'll do a black Friday sale.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

That's all I need
A massive sale on headers... :D
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

My aftermarket clutch feels like stock except for the lighter flywheel (which is better than stock). Monster "stage 2" and 18 lb flywheel. Got 20k or so miles on it so far and 200+ autox launches, feels the same as new with no issue. Low rpm (parking lot speed) lightweight flywheel chatter is present but very minimal, way less than there was on my S4.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Well... the stereo sounds like shit :notsure:

Way worse than before the head unit. I suspect maybe it's the little box that takes the active output of the HU and makes it passive to go to the amp.

:disappoint: :rolleyes:
Devilchrono
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: 22’ Chevy Blazer

Detroit wrote:I got an open P.O. from infamous for vette mods, will be vetting (heh) out options in here soon.
She may have said that now, but you're gonna end up having to give into something for her this winter :lol:
ChrisoftheNorth

troyguitar wrote:My aftermarket clutch feels like stock except for the lighter flywheel (which is better than stock). Monster "stage 2" and 18 lb flywheel. Got 20k or so miles on it so far and 200+ autox launches, feels the same as new with no issue. Low rpm (parking lot speed) lightweight flywheel chatter is present but very minimal, way less than there was on my S4.
I remember you saying that you would have chosen the LT1 clutch if it was out at the time. At $300 more, do you think it's worth the upgrade?

I'm pretty inclined to go with the clutch you got.
ChrisoftheNorth

Devilchrono wrote:
Detroit wrote:I got an open P.O. from infamous for vette mods, will be vetting (heh) out options in here soon.
She may have said that now, but you're gonna end up having to give into something for her this winter :lol:
We already negotiated that. I'm spending Christmas break building a wine cellar/tasting room in the basement for her.